Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win a Christmas Package worth €280 with ESB Electric Ireland

Options

Comments

Best present is too rude for here, worst present was a pair of bright orange iluminous socks from me nan when I was 18!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 cookie70

Best present was spriograph, i still have bits of it 30 years later!!
    Worst present a game called scruples when I was 13 my mam amd dad didnt realise it was an ADULT game.!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Pure Mule

Best a hammock - had to wait months to use it but it was worth it. Worst a book I'd already read twice!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭gpjordanf1

Best Present Ever: Commadore 64 with 5.25" Floppy Drive

Worst Present ever: Commadore 64 with dodgy power supply which had to be returned to Saudi Arabia where my Aunt bought it. She wasn't back till Easter!

Damn that xmas sucked!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,075 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Best present I got was a slow cooker. Twas a few years ago, haven't used it yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭florawest

I got a very original present from my teenage son, a handmade voucher with 6 different jobs he would do for the coming few months, even though i think he regretted giving it as anytime he asked me what i wanted for birthday etc, i would say a job voucher he would decline

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭MaxFlower

Worst Present, a cheap bottle of knock off after shave - smelled like pi##.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Jenroche

Best present was a pogo stick when I was seven.
    Worst present was a horrendous cardi from my gran. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Prowetod

Worst I've given is a voucher. The lazy way out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

A present I bought that person the previous year, and still in the same wrapping paper. They had opened an edge saw what was in it and decided to re gift it the next year but mistakenly gave it back to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭steloide

My socks smeal like 7up:p

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Arnold Layne

Worst present was a plastic cowboy hat that I got from an aunt when I was 14. Didn't even fit me.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭tacofries

gave my dad a massive box brilliantly wrapped up, filled with a smaller box, then paper, then finally a small book with the center of it cut out containing aftershave!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

Worst present was a book of speeches. I really like reading, but speeches send me to sleep! Why would I want to read them?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭get_d_hand_in

summer holiday has to have been the best

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭daddy_boy

every year for the last 30+ years i get a set of handkerchiefs from my mother :) - why i don't know but there you are

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭djmj

Devotec Bluetooth® Stereo Speaker nice present

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Screw all the presents - Christmas is all about the cliché, cheesy times with people who mean the most to you, doing whatever you want to (usually equates to falling asleep on the couch infront of crap tv) and eating more than could ever be good for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Tuesday13

SOCKS!! is that the worst present ever or the best present ever?!?! can never go wrong with socks I reckon :))

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭engrish?

The worst present I ever got was a white fruit of the loom polo neck. It was skin tight. gross.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Comfi Slippers. . . Got them every year until last season.

My whole christmas was almost ruined because I didnt get my annual favourate gift!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭earwax_man

Best present ever - An awesome mobile phone
    Worst present ever - None!

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Claregirl

Every year without exception no matter how organised he tries to be my OH always ends up purchasing my prezzie on Christmas Eve sporting a massive hangover from his works do.

I normally end up with shi$e prezzies like the fat budda I got one year.

Last year was the very best tho!! I wrote down the name of my favourite perfume to avoid another fat budda and he duly went to our local chemist sporting his usual Christmas hangover and handed the paper to the girl on the till. Unfortunately for him all they had left was the large 100ml bottle but taking pity on him the shop assistant advised him discreetly that he'd be able to get a smaller bottle in a shop 5 mins away. God love him he was unable to make it all the way to the next shop so I scored a very large bottle of my favourite perfume YAY! Still have more than half left:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

pick me. pick me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Billy Zhang

Best present I ever got is my daughter helen.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Farm Master

Best present ever: I asked my girlfriend to marry me and she said yes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Moyet

Worst present i got was a dart board. I was 8 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭butts

This prize would be my best ever early Christmas present (and possible the first).

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭lecker Hendl

Pencil case and an orange. I was forced to love it. Mmmm pencil case

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Last christmas was amazing with the snow and bringing my little girl to see santa claus for the 1st time:)
    This year I get to bring 2 of them next weekend and I can't wait:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement