Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win a Christmas Package worth €280 with ESB Electric Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Gave my Mother a deep fat fryer.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 any news

Got a little pup for xmas 6 years ago and he not a little pup 2day.have to say its one of the best presents i ever got.its ruff :Dweather out there but he still has to get his walk in.ave a good everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 any news

that should of said have a good day everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭doohey

Best present was my Macbook that my boyfriend got me last year..

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭MadameGascar

Worst present; half eaten bar of Dairy Milk! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 shandsaker1982

Worste ive ever given was when i was young, noticed my mums cwashing basket was busted, so got her a new one. Didnt go down well but didnt really understand the concept that well back then. Woops. Never made that mistake again.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭mrmeindl

Worst present= organiser/diary from aldi...I was 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭IrishMumOf1

What I thought was the best present turned out to be the worst. I got my mother in law a silver bracelet with her name and birthday engraved on it. Brilliant right? NO She only wears gold and my husband gave me someone else's birthday so I had the wrong date engraved on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭BABYDOLL

My best xmas present was my engagement ring and my worst was a water filter!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭foreverme

the worst present I ever gave anybody was when I gave my best friend a pair of earrings for pierced ears and her ears weren't pierced. It didn't go down very well at all!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Worst was when as a kid I got a monogrammed comb from my aunt (and I'd been promised a spirograph - one of the best pressies I *did* get the following year) anyway to add insult to injury, she got my initials wrong!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭NoodleMc

Every year my Ma gets us all (well grown up children at this point) a selection box. One year she forgot about them! Jaysus! There was war that Christmas! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Worst present was probably a world travel adaptor. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

I always give fabulous Christmas presents!!! (ahem)...And this year will be no different when I win this prize!!!...lol

Strangest thing I ever got was a pineapple off my older sister when I was about 18...I did eat it though... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭maddladd

Best pressie one year was coming back from the pub in the early hours to find the electricity had returned after a storm, no cold turkey happy days !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭newtoboards

Best present I ever gave was The Godfather trilogy boxset; the worst was a watch to the same person the same Christmas. I'd spent a fortune on the watch and the boxset was a stocking filler. Oh the irony.

The best present I ever got was when my husband told me to take the day off and when I woke up handed me a FedEx envelope that had some Tiffany jewellery in it to celebrate a recent promotion in work, followed by a Champagne breakfast. The worst present I've received was a PlayStation with a FIFA Soccer game - I never used it even once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Desire2

Going back to post# 1, well how generous of ESB Electric Ireland,a whole 280 Euro in prize to one lucky winner in return for a sticky on Boards.
    that is truly a cheap price for advertising.
    i think this household owes them more than e280 and are waiting to be disconnected anyti............ woops

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=75771431&postcount=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭seantorious

Worst present, a satsuma

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Surrealean

My worst Christmas present had to be years ago - haven't a clue how old I was, but let's say I was 8 or 9.
    "Santy" had gotten me this beautifully wrapped, GIGANTIC present, and I was so excited, I practically shook opening the paper, carelessly ripping it to shreds. My jaw dropped. It was a giant (and I do mean huge) mechanical, remote control tarantula, with real hairy legs and pincers that twitched.

I'm arachnophobic.

And, to top it all off, it didn't work! :rolleyes: The bloody thing terrified me and no one could get it to move. Parents wondered aloud if Santy had checked the batteries, and they might have to post it back to the North Pole. I fervently prayed the postman would lose it (adults always seemed to be praying he'd lose the bills...) and wonders of wonders, Santy never sent it back! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,700 ✭✭✭Raoul

Best present I gave was taking my gf to London for her 21st.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭TylerIE

Worst Christmas present.... Coronation Street DVD :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

Worst present.... would have to have been a t-shirt....a girls t-shirt :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭amber2

Last Christmas I gave someone my heart but the very next day they gave it away. This year to save me from tears I'll give it to someone special.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 buttercupno5

one of the best childhood memories i have was waking up one frosty christmas morning looking out side and seeing that santy had left a wooden play house outside. This was way way back in the day when wendy/play houses were not as popular as they are now. myself and my cousins/friends got years of fun out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Miami Snow

Worst present: 1 coaster!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 wgrahambailey

Would really love this,, bought a speaker for the ipod not too long ago, kid friendly little alien figure,, only to take it out of the box and realise the charger plugged into somewhere very uncomfortable and the on off switch was between his legs,, :mad: Can't really use it without people thinking I have problems..:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Isthisnecessary

Best present ever was a Christmas card from my brother apologising for any hurt caused and saying my same sex partner and I were welcome in his house. It took a few years but it meant the world to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jockeyboard

Best Christmas present i ever got/gave was a late one! 27th Dec. I remember my baby daughter being born that day(obviously!) but we brought her home that eve and put her under the tree. The room was dark apart from the fairy lights and the rest of the family came in to meet her. Pure Christmas magic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Appleguy

Best was a little red remote controlled fire engine. Loved it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Butterball

A pack of knickers and socks from pennys !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement