Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win a Christmas Package worth €280 with ESB Electric Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭ArraMusha

worse present was a second hand ball hitch, well worn and crocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Muirgheal

Worst gift ever was was a "recycled" handbag- with the clasp broken and cracks in the "leather."

• Registered Users Posts: 34 chook

Worst gift? A completely thoughtless one. There have been a few, very few, but I'm not gonna shame anyone :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭mw3guc

Worst present was from my boyfriend 30+ years ago when I had just moved into a tiny flat. He gave me a book with 365 freezer recipes. I didn't even have a fridge!

I married him anyway and I still have the recipe book ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Worst xmas present was being told that I'm adopted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

My wee dog

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Cul a cnoic

usually only socks for me, but if I win this, hopefully someone will get me a bag of spuds...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

I once gave someone a gift voucher for Airtricity!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 554 ✭✭✭ThePower11

Got a roll of tin-foil one year.

True story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭onion rings

magic mushrooms, back in the day when u could buy them in d shops

i thought it was a pretty cool present, im sure those that got them were happy too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭eliza64

The best present I have received was a weeks holiday in Lanzarote from my two children. It is great when your kids grow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

The worst present I have ever given was a litre bottle of whiskey to a friend. It wasn't the present that was so bad, it was what happened after he drank it all!!

The best, a trip to Italy for herself!

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭bytesize

My worst present was a subscription to the gym with a set of clothes inside and a note stating that if I work hard enough at the gym the clothes should fit me some time in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Kaz88

Every year "Santa" brings me a set of PJs and they are always the best present especially when they are paired with wooly socks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭gopod

Best: An electric car set when I was 10.
    Worst: A few t-towels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Cots1

Worst-a girl coloured bicycle helmet

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭phantom60

A bike....when I was a young lad!!

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭JKGT

Best Christmas pressie ever would have to be when I was 9, he-man and skelator and castle grey skull oh yeah :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

Worst present to give is yet to come... Have a feeling it will be this christmas :o

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭sam27

Has to be Evil Conevil Racing Motorbike which up wound up and let go!! Hours of fun was had

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 TeddyRuxpin

Best Present: I'm about to give it to my girlfriend this year. A new MP3 player (COWON J3) filled with all her favourite music and has her favourite line from her favourite song (Radiohead: Subterranean Homesick Alien) engraved on it.

I remembered a conversation we have shortly after we started going out (about 2 years ago) where she mentioned that she used to write "take me on board their beautiful ship" on all her school text/copy books.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Gave a friend a gift of his first mobile phone, god the hours of pain and suffering I went through in teaching him how to navigate it successfully.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

My sister once received a doll from Santa when we were kids. Being a bit of a tomboy, she took it up, flung it into the corner and cried because she hated it! I think myself and one of my brothers got a whole load of star wars toys that Christmas...oh yeah!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Wrapped all my presents one year without putting labels on them as I went. For a laugh I decided I would just guess which was which. Ended up giving my dad an xbox game rather than the Band of Brothers boxset he was hoping for ... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Ilyushin76

A bike when I was younger .

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭celj

Nice watch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 smcgurn

A years supply of free bread, so that I can make the kids and his sandwiches for free every week as they go off to school/work! How thoughtful and romantic!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭bren2001

Best present, at the tender age of 18 I was given a meccano set. Helped me a lot with my college work (engineering). Ive fond memories of that set.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 scallans

Best xmas present i ever gave was an air ice hockey table, he loved it!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Best: A Drum for my 5 year old.:)

Worst: A Drum for my 5 year old.:eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement