Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win a Christmas Package worth €280 with ESB Electric Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

My worst Christmas present was a Rocky Keyring that played the quotes from the movie...

I found this image.. this is the one i got

rockykeychain.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5 1983JO

Worst Christmas present i get each year is a bloody xmas jumper , they get worse and worse each year , raindeers/snowmen on colourful backrounds im 28 yrs old i mean it was fine when i was 8,9,10,11,12 even but now lol

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Camdec

Never got a really bad Christmas present, honest.! Best one was maybe an iPhone

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭evilmonkee

A friend of mine's birthday is 2 days after Christmas, so a couple of years ago, I bought him a pair of shoes
    ... one wrapped for Christmas
    ... one wrapped for his birthday

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Andrew H

Worst one was a jumper with the security tag still attached from my sister who had thrown away the receipt. After I smashed the tag off with a hammer (they are quite hard to get off) I was left with a nice hole were the tag once was....:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Clear caster :) By a long shot. Asked all year long for it!

I got a doll one year, dolls and i never got along :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15 mbuble

The worst present I ever got was a voucher for school books:( The best was a commadore 64...good times!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭kingbob387

Socks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Best present I ever got was a Lawrence Taylor jersey from my granddad in Xmas 2004.

The worst I received was a pair of marbles from my older brother two years ago. They were wrapped in blue coloured cling film too. What a rubbish present.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Once gave my father a DVD for Christmas, think I was 16, he never watched it and it has been in my collection ever since.

I really have given some terrible presents over the years.

Hurrah. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 BMG83

I'd love to win these because I'm a Science Geek. The potato clock is amazing. I saw one once and have always wanted one.
    Best Christmas present...Tickets for a certain concert.
    Worst...Probably socks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭jonski

I have never given a bad xmas present ........ although I am fairly sure the people that I have given presents to would disagree

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

My best Christmas present was a nintendo with mario bro's and duckhunt back in the 80's. Good times :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

Worst present IVE given is a set of white diamonds perfume, which was given to me as present for my 21st. Which i hated. But when christmas rolled around we had a secret santa in work, but i was really broke after going slightly mad on buying my family prsents(damn you monthly pay)

So i had to think fast, same year my secret santa was aload of pennys jewelery......i rarely wear any jewelery :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭NellyMcD

Best Christmas present was a Raleigh 18.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Best present - Knight Rider Car (which i asked for)
    Worst present - Same Knight Rider Car (which was taken off me and given to little brother when he screamed the house down, convinced it was his "suprise" present)

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭peustace

Best present was a toy fighter space ship

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭buttonsc

My worse Christmas present was given to me by my children when they were small, it was 3 wooden clothes hangers. (one from each of them). Very hard to be enthuastic with this present. (Think I still have them though)

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LostGirly

The best is going to be this year for sure! We're surprising the whole family with the homecoming of a member! That's all I can say! It's top secret! It will make their Christmases though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

best present was a potato peeler!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Niall558

A Ham Sandwich.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭martin g

My worst present has to be socks ! But i taught id give some intresting facts about Christmas...

scientists calculated that Santa would have to visit 822 homes a second to deliver all the world's presents on Christmas Eve, travelling at 650 miles a second.

HANGING stockings out comes from the Dutch custom of leaving shoes packed with food for St Nicholas's donkeys. He would leave small gifts in return.

NEARLY 60 million Christmas trees are grown each year in Europe.

THE abbreviation Xmas isn't irreligious. The letter X is a Greek abbreviation for Christ.

In 1999, residents of the state of Maine in America built the world's biggest ever snowman. He stood at 113ft tall.

HANGING presents on trees may come from the Druids who believed the tree was the giver of all good things.

THE largest Christmas cracker - 45.72m long and 3.04m in diameter - was pulled in Australia in 1991.

JINGLE Bells was the first song broadcast from space when Gemini 6 astronauts Tom Stafford and Wally Schirra sang it on December 16, 1965.

THERE are 13 Santas in Iceland, each leaving a gift for children. They come down from the mountain one by one, starting on December 12 and have names like Spoon Licker, Door Sniffer and Meat Hook.

Merry Christmas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭fugee

A friend of mine always tells the story about the time when he was a kid.

He was in bed on Christmas eve and this foot came through the ceiling in the room. Needless to say he did not budge as he was convinced it was Santa Claus.

In time he found out it was his Dad who had come home from the pub and was getting some presents down from the attic. He had a few too many pints and lost his balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 MaggieMc74

Hi

The worst present I got was this green wrinkly top. I wore it once and looked at it hanging in the wardrobe for a few years before binning it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭moldypeach

The worst present i ever got was when i was 16. i unwrapped it and there was a lovely little silver box :)...........

When i opened the box it had my first tooth in it :eek: lol i threw it across the room and broke it just out of pure shock, and i wasn't sure what it was at first.

Thanks granny :D

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭sob1467

Worst Ever present: Got a game for the Wii but didn't have a Wii.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 crazy mindstraw

Hi there, just wondering if people could help me out by filling in this survey regarding ESB. It has to do with its competitors, problems and prices. It shouldn't take longer than 2 minutes and your input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?PREVIEW_MODE=DO_NOT_USE_THIS_LINK_FOR_COLLECTION&sm=MDgt6YgJjWNun1UmSOewhzWJx4KbhVot%2ftTT3gnhDL8%3d

• Registered Users Posts: 21 CarlowRebel

Worst present ever was a Mini Metro figure of 8 racing set when i wanted a Nigel Mansell racing set. I cried, we still have a laugh about it at home at Christmas every year!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ba3

i got a cat when i was 6 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭venividivici

I got my ex girlfriend a westlife dvd a couple of years ago, she wasn't very happy. Turns out she asked for a ghd and not a dvd, sometimes it really pays to listen although she should really shoulder some of the blame too for telling me what she wanted while I was watching the champions league, women eh!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement