Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win a Christmas Package worth €280 with ESB Electric Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Kannon

Best present was definitely a lego castle I go when I was about ten.

Worst was a copy of 'My Left Foot' about seven or eight years ago from my sister. I had never expressed any interest in the film.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Best present was an engagement ring - along with the proposal to go with it of course.
    Worst present was a shrug thing that somebody had spent ages trying to get my present right. Unfortunately it looks like I've got batwings & a cape when I wear it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

Best present: an 8-bit Nintendo back in the day

Worst present: a clutch of chickens for a family in Africa (worst for me that is. probably not so bad for the African family).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Worst present was a Yanni cassette from my dad :o

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭coats

Worst present I ever got was a blow up sheep from my other half our 1st xmas together, he thought it would be funny???? Best present I've ever got was a positive pregnancy test 9 years ago :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭BMF Plint

Feckin socks

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Smokeyskelton

Didn't the original post ask for worst present you ever gave, not got? In that case I gave my granny a porcelain pomander when I was a kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

The best present was one I made for my Girlfriend the first x mas we were together. I bought a very large white card and decorated it with glitter, cotton wool (for snow !) etc and put words and phrases on it that ment somthing to the both of such such as where we met, events, emotions etc. . it went down a treat !

The worst present I've gotten is also the best ! When I was younger I got a train set it wa brilliant. Battery powered but when the battery ran out my parents didn't get me another one as it expensive. So I had about two / three days of playing with the train. I guess we should have gone electric ! !

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭frank9901

worst present was from my brother in law and his wife
    it was a 99p top of the pops album i was a 40 year old country and western fan
    i never once used the album

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Ste1605

Worst present ever was a simple tray to eat my dinner from my lap from an ex. Like who buys them any way very disappointing xmas that year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Best present was a stereo hifi as a young teen when I was not expecting it... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭ciaglen

The worst ever Christmas gift I ever received was given me by my first boyfriend. We had no money and I needed a roomy handbag to carry business papers and little lunch-hour purchases. I explained my needs – something A4-size would be ideal – and waited expectantly. I received an exquisitely designed handbag which was so slim that it could hold little other than lipstick and comb. I thanked him brightly and never used it. I wish I'd regifted it to his mother.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 soldier boy

the best present i got was from my father, my first car a 00 polo. lovely lil thing and still working.. alls good ha:D
    and the best one that i have given back t, to him, was racing lesson in mondello park for four.
    he looked fairly funny in a lil formula one type car,, (big Man)

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Blikes

Best present ever was my first computer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 DPMURPH1

Best present i was given, and have given to someone else, different ones of course have to be the lego and knex boxes,, there is just endless hours of entertainment with that stuff,,:D shame i had to grow up really ha:(

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TheReverend

Best present weather station + Program I wrote to keep track of weather records

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

Best christmas present I ever got was the Playstation 2 I got the year it came out. It was completely sold out everywhere and my mam had spent the whole year putting a bit away every week for it. Id say I was under 10 at the time but honestly, Ive never been happier in my life haha

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭peteym

best present i got was a sega mega drive back in the early/mid nineties.... only problem was when i went to turn it on on christmas morning it wouldnt work! imagine my disapppointment! needless to say the secret about santa didnt last too long when my angry parents (with angry son in tow) had to trek back to the electric shop a few days later were they bought it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭clairemcbear

Worst present was a used jumper with paint stains.. honestly!

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

I made a friend a video using famous images of people and photoshopping his face onto them, while going to the tune of 'The Shire' from the LOTR soundtrack. But for one of the images I got a picture of him and his family and photoshopped his face onto all of theirs.

We had a laugh over the present but later in the year I got another friend the present of the picture of the photoshopped family faces of the previous friends family with the person who was receiving the presents face photoshopped over the families faces, developed and framed and to this day (I hope) it is still sitting on the mantle at home :)

Weird, but the best and worst present of all time!

291859_2271312215834_1039485482_2579432_54365446_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

Best X-mas present I got was a remote control helicopter ......it was until the dogs decided it was a bird ......and then it was a dead duck !

I've been in a state of cold turkey ever since ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Weylin

last year,i bought the gf a lovely red car trailor......:D she's not forgiven me.....cant figure out what i done wrong.....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭J.R.

Best present I ever gave was a car (second-hand) to my son

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭mrskinner

My Apple

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

Worst present was a box of 4 hand-embroidered hankies - I was in my early twenties not my ninties!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Best Present = Marrying my wife on the 8th December 1979 it was an early one but a great one

Worst one = To be fair I can't say I have ever had one that I couldn't use or enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Shadooby

Best Xmas gift I ever got was a Ski holiday in St Mortiz

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭shaddupayaface

Best Christmas present given to me was a surprise trip to New York by the other half. That was in the good oul days.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Doop

Worst present was a lord of the rings movie guide book.... never seen the movies nor expresed any intrest in them!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement