Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2012 PW Draft *Discussion thread - voting info post 2048*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Tbh, there's only one pre-70s guy I want and I imagine he'll be one of, if not the, first guy to go....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

And now a dilemma, I had no intention of picking a pre-1970's wrestler but the great draw could change my mind in that regard.

My dilema has been decided thanks to my very late number. Couldnt really decide on one i could pick and use effectively, suppose i wont really have to now.
    Is this one of those stip rounds where the stip is optional, like can you still choose a normal non-stip wrestler?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Tbh, there's only one pre-70s guy I want and I imagine he'll be one of, if not the, first guy to go....

Think I know who you are on about and in two minds whether to pick him or someone who may fit my roster a bit better decision decisions

Yeah, thats the thing. He's a big personality but I don't know if I'd be able to use him all that well (well, I could, given I've got Flair....)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Think I know who are you on about, and I say go for him. I had him last year and he was brilliant to book.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

I got the ok by PM so I changed my pick. The New Age Outlaws are now re-united.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Hi guys. Just from a neutral standpoint on the commentator thing if somebody has picked a commentator to be an on-screen personality then I think the commentator should be left to that person. It also gets a bit dull if every single write-up has the same commentators so you're wasting a chance to be different too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

can I PM someone to get a ruling before making my pick

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

can I PM someone to get a ruling before making my pick

You can PM me if ya want :)

Awh, was going to pick Kaientai to feud with Carlito and Santino :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Can someone clarify two rules for me?

1. The commentator debacle.
    2. If the pick this round must be a pre-1970s pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

CMpunked wrote: »
    Can someone clarify two rules for me?

1. The commentator debacle.
    2. If the pick this round must be a pre-1970s pick.

the pre 70s pick is optional

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Ohhh how i love reading the boards pw draft hours of fun ! . Got me back into wrestling before, maybe it will again. Would have loved to have played it again but i haven't watched it for years now...................... I still lurk though :cool:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,669 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

CM: as said this rd the pre 70s debut pick is optional and re your other query I think the fairest thing would be that when I get back from viatnam I'll add a poll to this thread to see if commentators should be available to all in write ups or just those who draft them.

Personally I feel if you drafted them they should be exclusive to you but nothing to stop others writing for their commentators in say JRs style but not naming him etc
    Ohhh how i love reading the boards pw draft hours of fun ! . Got me back into wrestling before, maybe it will again. Would have loved to have played it again but i haven't watched it for years now...................... I still lurk though :cool:

Been a while but glad you still lurk though having good memories of your Around The Horn posting which (cheap plug) will be back again maybe a month after the draft concludes this year.

In a wifi'd up cafe ATM so despite me sending D2D a big list of picks for while I'm gone I'll prob post my pick myself in a few minutes (just recheck I'm next first)

Edit...Double post on my phone

BWA 2012 roster:

Bryan Danielson
    Killer Kowalski
    Gorilla Monsoon
    HHH
    Kenta Kobashi
    Big Johnny Laurenitis
    Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas
    Jeff Jarett
    Muhammad Hussan
    Masato Tanaka & Hayabusa

• Registered Users Posts: 85,474 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

1. Cactus Colm ______Kurt Angle, Terry Gordy & "Dr Death" Steve Williams, Bret Hart, The Motor City Machine Guns, Ax & Smash aka Demolition, Sgt. Slaughter, The Eliminators aka Perry Saturn & John Kronus, Chris Benoit

2. Walter ___________ CM Punk, Kerry Von Erich, Jake Roberts, Ted DiBiase Snr, Jushin "Thunder" Liger, Vince McMahon, Iron Sheik, Super Crazy & Psicosis, Junkyard Dog,

3. Machismo Fan ____ John Cena, Yokozuna, Jeff Hardy, Vader, Dean Malenko, Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards, Diamond Dallas Page, Jack Evans & Roderick Strong

4. Teamshadowclan __ Brock Lesnar, Ric Flair, Kevin Nash, Bobby Lashley, The Undertaker, Santino, Bobby Lashley, Scott Hall, X Pac, BWO aka Stevie Richards & Blue Meanie

5. CMpunked _______ Randy Orton, Andre the Giant, Sting, Big Show, Justin Gabriel & Heath Slater, Mark Henry, Mason Ryan, Frankie Kazarian & Eric Young

6. BH _____________ Daniel Bryan, Killer Kowalski & Gorilla Monsoon, Triple H, Kenta Kobashii & Johnny Ace, Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas, Jeff Jarrett, Muhammad Hussan, Hayabusa & Masato Tanaka

7. A Primal Nut _____ Sheamus, Crash Holly, Hulk Hogan, R-Truth & Road Dogg Jesse James, Rikishi & Scotty 2 Hotty aka 2 Cool, Shane McMahon, The Dream Team aka Greg The Hammer Valentine & Brutus The Barber Beefcake, Billy Gunn & Bart Gunn

8. SlickRic _________ AJ Styles, Mr Perfect, The Road Warriors, Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard, Jay & Mark Briscoe, Masahiro Chono, Bob Sapp, "Magnum TA" Terry Allen & "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan

9. Garseys _________ Dolph Ziggler, Bam Bam Bigelow & Chris Kanyon, Edge, The Kings of Wrestling aka Claudio Castagnoli & Chris Hero, Curt Hawkins & Zack Ryder, La Resistance aka Sylvain et René, Michael Cole

10. TheBostonCrab __ Alberto Del Rio, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Vampiro & The Great Muta, Sin Cara & El Hijo Del Santo, Low Ki & Christopher Daniels, Colt Cabana & El Generico, Chavo Guerrero Jnr, Naomichi Marufuji, The Great Sasuke

11. Campo _________ The Miz, Eddie Guerrero, Rey Mysterio, Dan " Waylon Mercy " Spivey, Matt Morgan & Hernandez, JBL, Abyss, Harlem Heat aka Ahmed Johnson & Stevie Ray, Booker T

12. The Groutch _____ Jay Lethal, The Big Bossman, Mick Foley, Austin Aries, The Hurricane & Rosey, The Osirian Portal aka Amasis and Ophidian, The Mountie Jacques Rougeau, Kai En Tai aka Sho Funaki &Taka Michinoku

13. Liz (tbc.......) ___ Cody Rhodes & Ted Dibiase Jr, Brian Pillman, Christian, London Brawling aka Desmond Wolfe & Magnus, MNM aka John Morrison & Joey Mercury, James Storm, Michael McGuillicutty & David Otunga, Divas of Doom aka Beth Phoenix and Natalya

14. D2D____________ Air Boom, Owen Hart & The British Bulldog, Chris Jericho, Rob Van Dam, Max & Jeremy Buck, Jack Swagger, Age of the Fall aka Tyler Black & Jimmy Jacobs, Matt Hardy & MVP

15. Furious-Red______ Robert Roode, Mike Awesome, The Rock, The Dudley Boyz, Brian Kendrick & Paul London, Tajiri & Rhyno, Brodus Clay, The Beautiful People aka Angelina Love & Velvet Sky

16. MNG____________ Dave Batista, Mitsuharu Misawa, Shawn Michaels, The Ultimate Warrior, Bobby Eaton & Stan Lane aka The Midnight Express, Ricky Morton & Robert Gibson aka The Rock' n' Roll Express, Jim Cornette, Trish Stratus

17. Glenjamin________ Samoa Joe, Bruiser Brody, Dynamite Kid, Fergal Devitt, David Hart Smith & Tyson Kidd, Hardcore Holly, Barry Windham, Umaga, Jesse Ventura

18. Volt_____________ Ken Anderson, Rick Rude, Ricky Steamboat, Sabu and Tazz, William Regal & Lance Storm,Eric Bischoff, 'Psycho' Sid Eudy, Ultimo Dragon

19. Flah_____________ Kenta, Tiger Mask, Carlito, Scott Steiner, Jerry "The King" Lawler, Ken Shamrock, Lex Luger, Takeshi Morishima & Kensuke Sasaki, Stan Hansen

20. Spongey_________ Wade Barrett & Drew McIntyre, Randy Savage, Goldberg, Kane, Pope D'Angelo Dinero, Bob Backlund, Finlay, Stephanie McMahon

(I'm not too sure if all trades are included so please check)

Flah and I traded Marafuji for Hansen, that's the only one I can spot :)

Aftr reading up on my next pick I never realised how well he actually suits my roster my PPV i going to be changed because of it but really looking forward writing with him

• Registered Users Posts: 85,474 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'd be open to trade offers, pm if anyone is interested ;)

If I get my pick this round then my trading doors are closed, but if I don't then they are wide open! Half way through the round my roster style changed dramatically and a major match rests in this round

• Advertisement

Only person I would trade now is Matt Morgan , plans for the rest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

with 3 matches in place, I might start picking tactically who would fit into other people's plans with view to trading

• Registered Users Posts: 36,140 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

if someone wants Arn & Tully, and doesn't want to take the píss with their offer, I might listen.

i'm open to trades for Hacksaw too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Just to put out there aswell, I'm open to Trades on Ryder and Hawkins
    and La Resistance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Firesale on Team Flah. Recession beating bargains available. No offer too small.......

flahavaj wrote: »
    Firesale on Team Flah. Recession beating bargains available. No offer too small.......

No offer too small?

I'll give you Carlito for Undertaker. :P

Kind of surprised at the amount willing tot rade this year. If I remember right, last year everyone was the opposite...

Picks are up wanted this guy every year in the draft and this is the 1st year I have managed to get him

• Registered Users Posts: 36,140 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

sorry for the moan, but i'm sick of these low draws for the big rounds :(

campo wrote: »
    Picks are up wanted this guy every year in the draft and this is the 1st year I have managed to get him

Great draft and for me had to be no.1 this rd especially with orndorff free. Picked that team previously myself also.

• Advertisement

campo wrote: »

PHEW!!! I thought for sure you'd take who I have my eyes on, since they fit both our rosters perfectly. High hopes now!

Advertisement