Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2012 PW Draft *Discussion thread - voting info post 2048*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I'm going to 100% agree with campo here lads, there seems to be a big who-haw over the rules and "catching people out" as it where, and it's taking away from the fun of the whole thing.

It's a game, it's ment to be abit of crack and it's not about winning. So what if someone trades half their roster with other people, no one forces you to trade yourself. If you're happy with your roster then that's what matters. If we just focused on winning, which seems to be the growing case, then it really takes away from the fun of it. Wouldn't be surprised if people suddenly decide to give strong shows low votes simply because they might win.

It's a game lads, a great feature of the forum, don't get so hung up about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

I completely agree, the Draft used to be a thing that brought all the competitors together and the forum in general was always a much funner place during the draft because of it, but alas this year its been nothing but bickering and complaining, whether thats overcompetitiveness of people involved or not, at the end of the day its just a game, and supposed to be fun, hopefully it returns to that to be quite honest..

• Registered Users Posts: 85,106 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I knew the "American Dream" would be gone soon :( great pick Glenjamin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

I'm going to 100% agree with campo here lads, there seems to be a big who-haw over the rules and "catching people out" as it where, and it's taking away from the fun of the whole thing.

It's a game, it's ment to be abit of crack and it's not about winning. So what if someone trades half their roster with other people, no one forces you to trade yourself. If you're happy with your roster then that's what matters. If we just focused on winning, which seems to be the growing case, then it really takes away from the fun of it. Wouldn't be surprised if people suddenly decide to give strong shows low votes simply because they might win.

It's a game lads, a great feature of the forum, don't get so hung up about it.

I can honestly see that happening, which is a real shame..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

It was really silly thinking dusty would last till pick 20! :P

• Advertisement

Thank God votes are made public afterwards, means I know who not to invite to the wedding! :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭glenjamin

I really hope this doesn't happen. Despite the trade situation I'm really looking forward to reading how someone books Benoit, Bret, and Angle, and Taker and Lesnar on the same show. I'm just as looking forward to upping my game to compete by writing as best a PPV as I can.

I'm planning to divide up my votes on 3 things - picks (20%), feuds (20%), and the write up (60%).

Maybe the scoring could be made up this year of a few different elements?
    What bout those awards which were mentioned a good few pages ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

1. Cactus Colm
    Kurt Angle, Terry Gordy & "Dr Death" Steve Williams, Bret Hart, The Motor City Machine Guns, Ax & Smash aka Demolition, Sgt. Slaughter, The Eliminators aka Perry Saturn & John Kronus, Chris Benoit

what a roster personally would love to see Angle Vs Benoit and I remember your shows last year were pretty decent so defo up there with a big chance

2. Walter
    CM Punk, Kerry Von Erich, Jake Roberts, Ted DiBiase Snr, Jushin "Thunder" Liger, Vince McMahon, Iron Sheik, Super Crazy & Psicosis, Junkyard Dog.

the youtube vids and photoshop pics alone had me excited about your PPV and been honest even though your roster could be stronger I know your writing will bring make it a hard one to beat.

3. Machismo Fan
    John Cena, Yokozuna, Jeff Hardy, Vader, Dean Malenko, Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards, Diamond Dallas Page, Jack Evans & Roderick Strong

To me Cena Vs Yoko feels like a old style wrestlemania main event which is far from a bad thing be interesting to see what you do with Vader one of my favorite big men

4. Teamshadowclan
    Brock Lesnar, Ric Flair, Kevin Nash, Bobby Lashley, The Undertaker, Santino, Bobby Lashley, Scott Hall, X Pac, BWO aka Stevie Richards & Blue Meanie

Probably best roster by far and so many different options spoilt for choice.

5. CMpunked
    Randy Orton, Andre the Giant, Sting, Big Show, Justin Gabriel & Heath Slater, Mark Henry, Mason Ryan, Frankie Kazarian & Eric Young

Another great roster hoping you do Andre Vs Show and if you can get Eric Young right he could be worth some bonus points

6. BH
    Daniel Bryan, Killer Kowalski & Gorilla Monsoon, Triple H, Kenta Kobashii & Johnny Ace, Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas, Jeff Jarrett, Muhammad Hussan, Hayabusa & Masato Tanaka

love the way you just do your own thing with your roster and mix it up be suprised if you were not in top 6

7. A Primal Nut
    Sheamus, Crash Holly, Hulk Hogan, R-Truth & Road Dogg Jesse James, Rikishi & Scotty 2 Hotty aka 2 Cool, Shane McMahon, The Dream Team aka Greg The Hammer Valentine & Brutus The Barber Beefcake, Billy Gunn & Bart Gunn

Great mix of old and new here with Sheamus Vs Hulk as a main event and written properly it could be awesome

8. SlickRic
    AJ Styles, Mr Perfect, The Road Warriors, Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard, Jay & Mark Briscoe, Masahiro Chono, Bob Sapp, "Magnum
    TA" Terry Allen & "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan

you have my favorite two tag teams of all time in Road Warriors and Arn/Tully has a feel of classic NWA to it

9. Garseys
    Dolph Ziggler, Bam Bam Bigelow & Chris Kanyon, Edge, The Kings of Wrestling aka Claudio Castagnoli & Chris Hero, Curt Hawkins & Zack Ryder, La Resistance aka Sylvain et René, Michael Cole

I think this roster has some front runners in it Bam Bam vs Edge could be awesome plus you could add two groups go head to head against one another would love to write for this group

10. TheBostonCrab
    Alberto Del Rio, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Vampiro & The Great Muta, Sin Cara & El Hijo Del Santo, Low Ki & Christopher Daniels, Colt Cabana & El Generico, Chavo Guerrero Jnr, Naomichi Marufuji, The Great Sasuke

I say we had a lot of similar ideas so will be following your write ups with interest if I had to swap my roster for anyones at the moment it be yours

11. Campo
    The Miz, Eddie Guerrero, Rey Mysterio, Dan " Waylon Mercy " Spivey, Matt Morgan & Hernandez, JBL, Abyss, Harlem Heat aka Ahmed Johnson & Stevie Ray, Booker T, Mr Wonderful, Roddy Piper.

Got to be honest very happy with my roster this year but I have had a lot of luck with draws similar to last year my aim is just to do better then I did last time out

12. The Groutch
    Jay Lethal, The Big Bossman, Mick Foley, Austin Aries, The Hurricane & Rosey, The Osirian Portal aka Amasihis and Ophidian, The Mountie Jacques Rougeau, Kai En Tai aka Sho Funaki & Taka Michinoku

Bossman Vs Foley in a steel cage match would be great here and again if someone like Aries and Funaki are written well then bonus points could be yours

13. Liz (tbc.......)
    Cody Rhodes & Ted Dibiase Jr, Brian Pillman, Christian, London Brawling aka Desmond Wolfe & Magnus, MNM aka John Morrison & Joey Mercury, James Storm, Michael McGuillicutty & David Otunga, Divas of Doom aka Beth Phoenix and Natalya

Very young and upcoming roster and with Christian you have some great options to main event as he could carry a card by himself

14. D2D
    Air Boom, Owen Hart & The British Bulldog, Chris Jericho, Rob Van Dam, Max & Jeremy Buck, Jack Swagger, Age of the Fall aka Tyler Black & Jimmy Jacobs, Matt Hardy & MVP

pick of the year was owen hart and the bulldog plus add in RVD and Jericho you be so hard to beat

15. Furious-Red
    Robert Roode, Mike Awesome, The Rock, The Dudley Boyz, Brian Kendrick & Paul London, Tajiri & Rhyno, Brodus Clay, The Beautiful People aka Angelina Love & Velvet Sky

I also wonder who you will feud the Rock with secretly hoping it is Brodus Clay

16. MNG
    Dave Batista, Mitsuharu Misawa, Shawn Michaels, The Ultimate Warrior, Bobby Eaton & Stan Lane aka The Midnight Express, Ricky Morton & Robert Gibson aka The Rock' n' Roll Express, Jim Cornette, Trish Stratus

Loved your 1st house show built PPV so well your great writer so to be honest you could had a roster of just Hornswaggle and Im sure it still be honest

17. Glenjamin
    Samoa Joe, Bruiser Brody, Dynamite Kid, Fergal Devitt, David Hart Smith & Tyson Kidd, Hardcore Holly, Barry Windham, Umaga, Jesse Ventura

This roster made me droll just imagine Joe Vs Brody, Windham Vs Rhodes
    and Holly Vs Ventura oh man extreme to the limits

18. Volt
    Ken Anderson, Rick Rude, Ricky Steamboat, Sabu and Tazz, William Regal & Lance Storm,Eric Bischoff, 'Psycho' Sid Eudy, Ultimo Dragon

I love Anderson and if you write him well maybe putting him up against a straight lace Storm that I will mark out

19. Flah
    Kenta, Tiger Mask, Carlito, Scott Steiner, Jerry "The King" Lawler, Ken Shamrock, Lex Luger, Takeshi Morishima & Kensuke Sasaki, Stan Hansen

Got to be honest did not know what you were doing trading your best guys but your record speaks for itself and I am sure you have a plan

20. Spongey
    Wade Barrett & Drew McIntyre, Randy Savage, Goldberg, Kane, Pope D'Angelo Dinero, Bob Backlund, Finlay, Stephanie McMahon

Savage and Stephanie McMahon on same roster brilliant chouce and with a monster Kane running amok then this is another very interesting roster

Overall as usual some great picks Ok I have my favorites but my points will go to best write ups and who uses the roster the best

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Thumb up for your latest show campo. I particularly liked the Eddie/Piper confrontation. You made Eddie sound very believable with the 'esses' and other little touches and I could picture the scene in my head. Also got a good laugh out of the Orndorff/Miz bit. :cool:

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Advertisement

I may have had a brainwave. Would people be willing to watch my shows/ppvs? Or is the old fashioned pen and paper keyboard and computer more of a preferred method?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

CMpunked wrote: »
    I may have had a brainwave. Would people be willing to watch my shows/ppvs? Or is the old fashioned pen and paper keyboard and computer more of a preferred method?
    If you can do it i would be well up for watching it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

campo wrote: »
    If you can do it i would be well up for watching it

Me too!!

Loving your writeups so far Campo, keep him coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Wow Cactus. Just wow.

I was even thinking before my pick to see if you'd trade me Gordy so I could complete the Freebirds. I think you might have one, if not the best roster ever assembled in the history of the draft.

Pick made and PM sent.

Happy now, my roster has an overall feel and look that I'm happy to book and push. Had no intention of having such a strong Lucha vibe from my picks but it turned into one without me realising!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Dammit was hoping to get Michael Hayes for myself. Back to drawing board

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Can I ask that no more trades happen until this evening :) myself and BH have to sort something out 1st

Might as well keep everybody updated on what's happening.

Last night, I got a PM from Flah saying that he was leaving the draft. Today, Flah closed his account on Boards:(:( With this situation, we are now a roster short. I PM'd BH about this and I posted a message to stop trades (see earlier message from me). I haven't got anything back from BH (understandable as he's off celebrating Chinese New Year) so I've decided that 1 of the back-up's will get the chance to take over Flah's roster.

I've PM'd the people that Flah traded with to explain what's happening. As I want to keep the game moving along as quick as I can, I've given the first back-up, Caspa307, until midnight to PM me and let me know he's in. If not, I'll move onto the 2nd back-up, Horsebox9000. If it comes to the case where both back-up's can't play, all of Flah's roster will be up for grabs (like what was done with Pingi's roster before).

Sorry for all this lads, I just hope I can get things sorted quickly for everyone :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

WTF? Even Vince Rousso couldnt write something that strange

• Registered Users Posts: 36,081 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i had a feeling with the way he was handling the draft he might be quitting.

i hope he's alright, and starts posting sometime again soon. i always enjoyed his stuff, especially in the PW Forum.

if you're reading Flah, cheers for the laughs, and hope you post again soon.

• Advertisement

WTF? Even Vince Rousso couldnt write something that strange

It's taken everyone by surprise tbh:(

Anyways, as with the expression, "the show must go on":)

Spongey, you stole my pick..................................

DAMN!

Tbh i had a feeling that would happen when the 2 lop sided trades were made as well. Was enjoyable reading his stuff and hope he comes back

I wonder was it anything to do with that stip round, he was very vocal in defence of Gimmick

Spongey, you stole my pick..................................

DAMN!

Blame Cactus as he took my pick :D (although i did want Michael Hayes to feud with Simmons)

I wonder was it anything to do with that stip round, he was very vocal in defence of Gimmick
    Not something he would delete his account over.

Hope he is alright, Flah of you're reading this come back to us!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

*Sigh*

Don't get me wrong, I do understand why the decision has been made to revert the trades. But it means I've had to scrap my first show entirely, based on the fact I've lost Taker now. That's twice I've recieved big names, started planning and writing around them, and then had to scrap things....

Wonder why Flah closed his account though. Sorry to hear that.

In the interest of the game, I think TSC should get to keep taker.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Well, in the interest of fairness, I think it should be either we all keep our trades or none of us do. I don't want special treatment and I don't want to come accross as moany. Again i say, I see why the decision was made. It's just frustrating that it's happened me twice now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Cactus Colm

In honesty, I think it's better for flah's roster to be reset and his trades cancelled. While this is usually won and lost in the write ups, it wouldn't be fair to hamstring whomever takes over with a complete lack of big name americans.

It's a shame to see Flah leave the draft, and even moreso to seem him leave boards.

Advertisement