Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2012 PW Draft *Discussion thread - voting info post 2048*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

SlickRic wrote: »
    this game has become almost pointless.

it looks a straight fight between TSC and Cactus with those rosters.

Angle, Benoit, Bret on one.

Flair, Undertaker and Brock on the other.

mental :(

I guess it's time for the obligatory reminder that the storylines etc are hugely important and that the best roster won't automatically equal the winner... Though I do think it just got a lot harder for the rest of us and tbh think flag could have gotten much bigger names for his picks, I mean Carlito for Taker! Jaysus woulda loved to book the deadman myself if I'd been about in time to make an offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

I hope people are just throwing in the towel because of Cactus's and TBC's rosters, i know i certainly am not!! The write up are where people win the game, personally i think theres plenty of other's who have potentially game winning rosters if they book their shows well and creatively..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

looking at everyone's rosters, I can't see any of them that can't win, if booked correctly

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I hope people are just throwing in the towel because of Cactus's and TBC's rosters, i know i certainly am not!! The write up are where people win the game, personally i think theres plenty of other's who have potentially game winning rosters if they book their shows well and creatively..

Don't worry walt I didn't go all the way to viatnam and see my friends lying face down in the mud (the missus with a mudmask pre facial/massage combo of some sort) just to lose the war (boards Monday night wars that is).

BWA vp of talent relations had this to say on the matter: Hello my name is John Laurenitis and I am the vice president of talent relations and the interim general manager of the BWA. I am the man who will show you a great innovator and a man who will bring you great excitement on Monday nights throughout this draft or my name isn't big johnny

• Registered Users Posts: 36,081 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i'm not genuinely giving up anything.

definitely not.

it did just get a whole lot more difficult though :p

• Advertisement

Don't worry walt I didn't go all the way to viatnam and see my friends lying face down in the mud (the missus with a mudmask pre facial/massage combo of some sort) just to lose the war (boards Monday night wars that is).

BWA vp of talent relations had this to say on the matter: Hello my name is John Laurenitis and I am the vice president of talent relations and the interim general manager of the BWA. I am the man who will show you a great innovator and a man who will bring you great excitement on Monday nights throughout this draft or my name isn't big johnny

BH i wish i could thank you more than once:pac:

Im gonna do a write up on the pro's and con's of everyones rosters at some stage tonight:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Hope to have 2nd show wrote up tonight also wish should show where my PPV is going a bit better

1. Cactus Colm
    Kurt Angle, Terry Gordy & "Dr Death" Steve Williams, Bret Hart, The Motor City Machine Guns, Ax & Smash aka Demolition, Sgt. Slaughter, The Eliminators aka Perry Saturn & John Kronus, Chris Benoit

Incredibely strong roster, Wonderful mix of workrate and legimate Main Eventers Cactus is definitely the man to beat.

2. Walter
    CM Punk, Kerry Von Erich, Jake Roberts, Ted DiBiase Snr, Jushin "Thunder" Liger, Vince McMahon, Iron Sheik, Super Crazy & Psicosis, Junkyard Dog.

I've definitely decided to go a differant route this year with my picks, tbh its more of a Sport's Entertainment roster, than the workrate vibe i had the first 2 years.

3. Machismo Fan
    John Cena, Yokozuna, Jeff Hardy, Vader, Dean Malenko, Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards, Diamond Dallas Page, Jack Evans & Roderick Strong

Excellant Roster assembled by Machismo Fan, to be perfectly honest when i saw you entered the draft i was very much expecting you to have a very TNA heavy roster with some far far better booking, but instead you have a wonderful mix of WWE/WWF/WCW and current indie stars. A definite Dark Horse to win..

4. Teamshadowclan
    Brock Lesnar, Ric Flair, Kevin Nash, Bobby Lashley, The Undertaker, Santino, Bobby Lashley, Scott Hall, X Pac, BWO aka Stevie Richards & Blue Meanie

Another strong roster some very smart trading has definitely improved your roster and TBC is most certainly a front runner to win, my only criticsm which was similar to my criticsm last year and thats that the roster is a little heel heavy on paper, but with more rounds to go I'm sure you will correct that.

5. CMpunked
    Randy Orton, Andre the Giant, Sting, Big Show, Justin Gabriel & Heath Slater, Mark Henry, Mason Ryan, Frankie Kazarian & Eric Young

CMPunked is definitely a man who likes his big money fueds and with 2 very obvious Main Events that if booked properly could quite easily win him the draft.. Excellent undercard to boot.

6. BH
    Daniel Bryan, Killer Kowalski & Gorilla Monsoon, Triple H, Kenta Kobashii & Johnny Ace, Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas, Jeff Jarrett, Muhammad Hussan, Hayabusa & Masato Tanaka

Very very strong roster as per usual from BH, has a great mix of talent and workrate and if he goes with HHH/Danielson as his main event he'll perhaps have the most interesting and perhaps exciting fued of the whole draft.. Plus i very excited to see where his VP of Talent Relations fits into the BWA/MNG/WECWF Fued!

7. A Primal Nut
    Sheamus, Crash Holly, Hulk Hogan, R-Truth & Road Dogg Jesse James, Rikishi & Scotty 2 Hotty aka 2 Cool, Shane McMahon, The Dream Team aka Greg The Hammer Valentine & Brutus The Barber Beefcake, Billy Gunn & Bart Gunn

A very deverse and interesting roster A Primal Nut, you really have a great mix of talent from all era's of WWF/WWE so i've very curious to see how you book your shows.. Definitely one to watch.

8. SlickRic
    AJ Styles, Mr Perfect, The Road Warriors, Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard, Jay & Mark Briscoe, Masahiro Chono, Bob Sapp, "Magnum
    TA" Terry Allen & "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan

Slickric's roster is absolutely fantastic in my opinion, great mix of talent and you have like CMPunked 2 very obvious Main Event fueds that if booked right could win you the draft quite easily.

9. Garseys
    Dolph Ziggler, Bam Bam Bigelow & Chris Kanyon, Edge, The Kings of Wrestling aka Claudio Castagnoli & Chris Hero, Curt Hawkins & Zack Ryder, La Resistance aka Sylvain et René, Michael Cole

Very interesting roster, at first glance your roster doesnt seem as stacked as some of the front runners as far as legitimate Main Eventers are concerned. But with Edge, Ziggler, KOW, you have some serious workrate on your roster. You by far have the best undercard and with some good booking and storylines your show will definitely become a front runner.

10. TheBostonCrab
    Alberto Del Rio, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Vampiro & The Great Muta, Sin Cara & El Hijo Del Santo, Low Ki & Christopher Daniels, Colt Cabana & El Generico, Chavo Guerrero Jnr, Naomichi Marufuji, The Great Sasuke

TBC is up there with the best rosters of the 2012 Draft, great mix of all era's of talent. Your roster is so good that the potential fueds and storylines will write themselves.. Very much looking forward to your shows.

11. Campo
    The Miz, Eddie Guerrero, Rey Mysterio, Dan " Waylon Mercy " Spivey, Matt Morgan & Hernandez, JBL, Abyss, Harlem Heat aka Ahmed Johnson & Stevie Ray, Booker T, Mr Wonderful, Roddy Piper.

Campo this year you have definitely assembled your strongest roster, great mix of talent, legit Main Eventers and a strong undercard, with your experience writing BWE(Bang Bang) show's you should definitely be a front runner this year..

12. The Groutch
    Jay Lethal, The Big Bossman, Mick Foley, Austin Aries, The Hurricane & Rosey, The Osirian Portal aka Amasis and Ophidian, The Mountie Jacques Rougeau, Kai En Tai aka Sho Funaki & Taka Michinoku

An usual mix of talent for sure! Grouch certainly has an Attitude Era Vibe to his roster with some strong indie talent to boot, very excited to see how your shows turn out and your storylines progress..

13. Liz (tbc.......)
    Cody Rhodes & Ted Dibiase Jr, Brian Pillman, Christian, London Brawling aka Desmond Wolfe & Magnus, MNM aka John Morrison & Joey Mercury, James Storm, Michael McGuillicutty & David Otunga, Divas of Doom aka Beth Phoenix and Natalya

Strong roster from Liz, great mix of talent of which im sure will all be jobbed out to Christian:pac:

14. D2D
    Air Boom, Owen Hart & The British Bulldog, Chris Jericho, Rob Van Dam, Max & Jeremy Buck, Jack Swagger, Age of the Fall aka Tyler Black & Jimmy Jacobs, Matt Hardy & MVP

D2D is Mr Misused Talent and this year is no differant.. With added legitimacy Of Y2J, it should be a ver fast paced and exciting promotion, cant wait for your storylines..

15. Furious-Red
    Robert Roode, Mike Awesome, The Rock, The Dudley Boyz, Brian Kendrick & Paul London, Tajiri & Rhyno, Brodus Clay, The Beautiful People aka Angelina Love & Velvet Sky

Interesting roster this year Furious Red has a definite modern Attitude Era vibe to it, very curious to see who you fued the Rock with, and if the Dudleys will remain a tag team?

16. MNG
    Dave Batista, Mitsuharu Misawa, Shawn Michaels, The Ultimate Warrior, Bobby Eaton & Stan Lane aka The Midnight Express, Ricky Morton & Robert Gibson aka The Rock' n' Roll Express, Jim Cornette, Trish Stratus

This year MNG has my personal favourite roster. Amazing talent, and Unbelievable potential fueds.. WECWF will be gunning for you again this year:pac:

17. Glenjamin
    Samoa Joe, Bruiser Brody, Dynamite Kid, Fergal Devitt, David Hart Smith & Tyson Kidd, Hardcore Holly, Barry Windham, Umaga, Jesse Ventura

Very smart roster by Glenjamin, great workrate and great potential fueds cant wait for your shows. You along with Machismo are the definite Dark Horse's

18. Volt
    Ken Anderson, Rick Rude, Ricky Steamboat, Sabu and Tazz, William Regal & Lance Storm,Eric Bischoff, 'Psycho' Sid Eudy, Ultimo Dragon

Great roster from Voltwad, Should be some great match ups and great potential workrate. Very Strong Roster In My Opinion

19. Flah
    Kenta, Tiger Mask, Carlito, Scott Steiner, Jerry "The King" Lawler, Ken Shamrock, Lex Luger, Takeshi Morishima & Kensuke Sasaki, Stan Hansen

Hard to see what direction Team Fla's roster is going this year, as a 2 time winner, maybe he's challenging himself to win again without Benoit or Taker..

20. Spongey
    Wade Barrett & Drew McIntyre, Randy Savage, Goldberg, Kane, Pope D'Angelo Dinero, Bob Backlund, Finlay, Stephanie McMahon

Very Very strong roster, some serious Main events from your roster and some good storylines and your a definite potential winner.

Overall there are 4 standout rosters but the gap between them and everyone else isnt that wide, i believe anyone of the 20 could easily win the Draft, thats how good everyones Rosters are this year..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

SlickRic wrote: »
    it looks a straight fight between TSC and Cactus with those rosters.

As happy as I am with the trades and as much as I'm delighted people feel like that, it's not an excuse for me or anyone to pull the foot off the pedal with write ups and the second half of the draft. A strong roster is worth nothing if the feuds aren't picked correctly and the stories don't read well....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

I'm open for any trades (bar Y2J):)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Would like to shift Luger and Lawler lads ~ Japaese talent or guys who worked Japan required if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

What's happening with Team Flah?

Btw, Bulldog is available from the D.W.O

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭glenjamin

flahavaj wrote: »
    Would like to shift Luger and Lawler lads ~ Japaese talent or guys who worked Japan required if possible.

Best I can offer is Hardcore or Umaga for either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Now I have re-united the New Age Outlaws I might be willing to trade them - open for single wrestlers as well as tag teams.

Rikishi & R-Truth are others of note I'd trade for the right people.

Could be wrong but think you are limited to two trades

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Two trades? I thought it was five?

Ive already made three trades! Whats the rule on limits? Seems silly to me, if I want to trade the lot I should be allowed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Agreed, I thought it was five myself but think it should be unlimited.

Ive already made three trades! Whats the rule on limits? Seems silly to me, if I want to trade the lot I should be allowed

Seems you are going all out to prove that draft pick order and roster are irrelevant when it comes to winning at the end. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I can't recall what it was last year but in 2010 it was decided to limit it two trades when it was discussed (about 3 posts in):

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=65033465

My view on limiting trades would be the same as it was then.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Cactus Colm

I can't recall what it was last year but in 2010 it was decided to limit it two trades when it was discussed (about 3 posts in):

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=65033465

My view on limiting trades would be the same as it was then.

Does that mean that Chris Benoit returns Flahavaj's roster?

(Not gonna complain either way)

Loving the writeups so far. One in particular I thought was funny but don't want to seem to be licking ass in order to get votes by naming him! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Well I don't make the rules any more so I don't know what the story is on trades but it would seem reasonable enough to me that there has to be at least some element of sticking with the choices you've made. Maybe two trades is too limiting but I would be in favour of having some limit.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 36,081 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

there has to be some limit.

the whole thing turns into a farce otherwise.

If they stop the trade then you can have him for nowt hes only an annoyance to me now at this stage.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Hmm, I've made three trades :/

Don't think there needs to be a limit on trades.

It does seem unfair however when someone has Angle, Bret, and Benoit on their roster and there are several people who don't even have one name that half as big as they are. You can build you're entire company around either of those 3 names and yet they're all on the same roster :confused: Fair play to Cactus and I think he should be allowed to keep them now their his but in future is should be dispersed a bit more.

Don't think there needs to be a limit on trades.

It does seem unfair however when someone has Angle, Bret, and Benoit on their roster and there are several people who don't even have one name that half as big as they are. You can build you're entire company around either of those 3 names and yet they're all on the same roster :confused: Fair play to Cactus and I think he should be allowed to keep them now their his but in future is should be dispersed a bit more.

If people already have made 3 trades then IMHO maybe we should just set the limit at 3 at this stage pointless having as many trades as you want as what is the point in even having a draft lottery

If anyone is interested my newest show is up would love some feedback , also guys draft is meant to be a bit of fun and I have enjoyed it every year but seems this year a little bit of attitude has crept in for fups sake can we not turn into the soccer forum and try keet this as it always was a bit of fun and craic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

there needs to be a limit imo
    what's the point in even taking part if you're going to trade away every one of your picks?

Advertisement