Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2012 PW Draft *Discussion thread - voting info post 2048*

Options
1646566676870»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

I hope this is accurate and also that I didn't leave anybody out.

Campo: CWA REVOLUTION

waltersobchak: WECWF MAYHEM RISING

Mr. Nice Guy: MNG GRAPPLEMANIA PART 1 PART 2

A Primal Nut: PWF BATTLEMANIA PART 1 PART 2

Machismo Fan: MFW WRESTLEGLORY

JP Liz V1: LWE WRESTLEMAYHEM PART 1 PART 2

Bounty Hunter: BWA NO WAY OUT

Spongey1975: SWE SPONGEMANIA II

caspa307: CWE RAGE

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Some write-up feedback on those I missed:

walt - Was a really good PPV as I expected. I liked how you built up the main event with the promos, also the vid was top notch, and the main event delivered. Didn't expect that outcome actually but I liked it. All of the matches were fun reads.

Primal Nut: You made J.R. work well as the commentary added to the match descriptions. Main event angle was not something I saw coming. Glad to see who you gave the nod to for the win as I thought it might go the other way with the story.

Machismo - Liked the booking of Brown/DDP. Malenko/Richards was well described and easy to visualise. Main event was my favourite of the show. Really liked how you built this feud over the weeks and the match delivered.

Liz - enjoyed the fact that the results caught me off guard, particularly the tag title match and women's title match. The ending of the main event made me laugh. Good stuff.

BH - The matches were well explained and like walt you built up your main event effectively through the show. I liked the iron man aspect of the main event and you brought it to a very dramatic ending which I thought was the right call for that feud.

I'll try and get feedback on those I've missed later.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

More feedback:

Spongey - Well laid out matches and angles, particularly enjoyed the Stephanie/Kane/Dinero angle which was compelling. I liked the way you went with the main event. I didn't call that but it makes sense. You've made that fella into a big star.

caspa - I was pleasantly surprised with the main event. That might be the most violent match of the Draft this year (or any year) and it made for a fun read as a result. Your world title match was also well handled.

Hope we get a few more write-ups in before the vote deadline.

One other thing I'm wondering before I cast my votes - in previous years to be eligible to win you needed to submit a PPV or at least a card. Is that still the case this year? Don't want to screw up my votes.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

One other thing I'm wondering before I cast my votes - in previous years to be eligible to win you needed to submit a PPV or at least a card. Is that still the case this year? Don't want to screw up my votes.

you can change your votes if this makes any difference but...

I'd say that if no PPV or atleast a card was submitted you should only be eligable for the first, best roster vote

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Is voting officially closed now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,059 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I hope not I havent voted it yet :( tbh I forgot about it

When is the voting deadline?

Ive recieved 3 or 4 votes so far... understandable with mania so im going to say No and give this till Friday. There will be no more extensions after that. I obviously hope to get atleast a few more votes as I wouldnt exactly think 5 votes (inc My own) should decide this thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

Ive recieved 3 or 4 votes so far... understandable with mania so im going to say No and give this till Friday. There will be no more extensions after that. I obviously hope to get atleast a few more votes as I wouldnt exactly think 5 votes (inc My own) should decide this thing.

i was kind of holding off hoping for more write ups but ok if thats it ill give it till wensday and if no more our up ill throw in my votes

• Registered Users Posts: 36,074 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Mania and life fúcked me over.

PPV will be up Wednesday.

Voting thereafter.

penalise me as heavily as I deserve, i just want to get a PPV up!

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Cactus Colm

Apologies for not being around and getting my votes in. Will do so by this afternoon.

• Advertisement

my votes are in

Finally got my votes in now, had to read over the ppvs again :p

First off well done everyone ;)

Some feedback

Campo - I had to wiki a few of your roster :o I like that you gave a build up recap of the feuds before the matches and you also had some interesting tag team partnerships and fun match names (Tables, Ladders and Closets :p), Eddie/Piper feud and match was a great read easily one of my favs in the whole draft and I lol'd at Booker's spinaroonie costing him a title win

Walter - Shiektastic :p very well written as usual Walt and an excellent main event with Punk and Roberts

MNG - Some great detail in your ppv with past, present and future all covered, excellent womens matches prob the best in the whole draft and the main event was mouthwatering

A Primal Nut - Again some great detail in your ppv had to read it a few times tbh, excellent dream main event and now SheamusMania is running wild, JR was used very well on commentary made the matches more epic

Machismo Man - Very well written with great detail for the matches, all wrestling spectacles, really liked the main event

BH - Again I had to use wiki for a few of your roster :o but that is the fun of the draft and had to read it more that twice, you also had great detail in your matches which appealed to every fan group I thought and the main event was pretty epic

Spongey - Barrett's character was developed and written very well over the shows and the ppv and the ppv ending reminded me of a Walking Dead episode for some reason :p

Caspa - I am in awe of your main event so violent and dark :p really well written and visual ppv

SlickRic - Liked the match build ups and your ppv card looks awesome, are you putting up a ppv?

Cactus Colm - Excellent ppv card, are you putting up a ppv?

Is there anymore ppvs or even ppv cards going up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Sheiktastic is definitely entering my vocabulary now Liz:pac::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Some feedback

Campo - I had to wiki a few of your roster :o I like that you gave a build up recap of the feuds before the matches and you also had some interesting tag team partnerships and fun match names (Tables, Ladders and Closets :p), Eddie/Piper feud and match was a great read easily one of my favs in the whole draft and I lol'd at Booker's spinaroonie costing him a title win

Walter - Shiektastic :p very well written as usual Walt and an excellent main event with Punk and Roberts

MNG - Some great detail in your ppv with past, present and future all covered, excellent womens matches prob the best in the whole draft and the main event was mouthwatering

A Primal Nut - Again some great detail in your ppv had to read it a few times tbh, excellent dream main event and now SheamusMania is running wild, JR was used very well on commentary made the matches more epic

Machismo Man - Very well written with great detail for the matches, all wrestling spectacles, really liked the main event

BH - Again I had to use wiki for a few of your roster :o but that is the fun of the draft and had to read it more that twice, you also had great detail in your matches which appealed to every fan group I thought and the main event was pretty epic

Spongey - Barrett's character was developed and written very well over the shows and the ppv and the ppv ending reminded me of a Walking Dead episode for some reason :p

Caspa - I am in awe of your main event so violent and dark :p really well written and visual ppv

SlickRic - Liked the match build ups and your ppv card looks awesome, are you putting up a ppv?

Cheers Liz would love to know who you had to Wiki

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Some feedback

thank you so much that means a lot to me i plan on giving feedback on all ppv's later this evening

counting the votes tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

counting the votes tonight

When can we expect the results to come in

id hope to have it up before the end of the weekend. Will have a new thread as usual and ill include who voted and who they voted for too especially as atleast 1 vote had a few comments with it and as it shows full transparenty in the voting process

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lebowskilite

There were some pretty awesome write-ups in here, but I couldn't collect my thoughts enough (nor did I realise the deadline) to vote.

Particularly of the PPVs, I liked Machismo Fan's Wrestleglory, specifically the final two matches. The Main Event for Primal Nut's Battlemania was an awesome way to end the story. A bit disappointed I didn't get to see SlickRic's PPV as the buildup was tantalising.

Anyways, I missed the deadline for this as I'd only recently discovered this little subforum gem in Boards.ie. My question now is when will the next one be? Is there a reason to only hold one PW Draft a year? I'd really like to be involved in one.

campo wrote: »
    Cheers Liz would love to know who you had to Wiki

I had to use wiki and you tube for not just some of your roster Campo but others also as my wrestling knowledge isnt that good, but as said before that is the fun of the draft you learn new stuff every year

Mega thanks to BH and D2D to your hard working in running it this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Sorry lads about not putting up a PPV. It dragged on so long this year with so many arguments about stupid little things, and people pulling out that by the end of it I just wasn't motivated to do any more shows. I hope next year all this crap will be sorted as the Draft is still one of the highlights of the year for me and for many.

Advertisement