Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭flamelily

Senmum I HATE the wheel, its like torture!!! I chucked it on day two and got a calculator.....waaaayyy easier and you look less like a weirdo in the supermarket pointing things in the trolly!!!! I got the app for my phone which is even more handy as it has a calculator and a portion yokie as well :cool:

I hear you on the stress thing Lainy.....when I get stressed I am all over the place food wise.....its what has me heading for the vending machine in work or the biscuit tin at home :( the cure in work is NOT TO BRING CHANGE!!!! no change = no choccies ;) at home I now head for the treadmill when I am stressed and walk it out.....so far its working :P

I was on the injection for a few years but had to come off cause the doc was saying long term use not good......had the implanon thing as well.....dead handy and while I did gain weight I can't blame the implant cause I was eating all around me :o before it went in!!! hate the pill.....have tried several and they just don't agree with me so I am back to the doc to see what else I can get!!!!

oh good luck with the theory thing Lainy.....I never studied the first time and failed.....passed the second one after actually reading the book :cool:

can't remember who mentioned the napolina pizza bases......but thank you, got the pack of 4 small ones today, pointed at 6pp per little base, loaded it with passata, onion, peppers, mushrooms and pinapple (I know I am weird) topped with 20g grated cheese, a yummy dinner at 8pp :cool: chuffed with myself as I did my next C25k workout as well, was wrecked after but really pushed myself today after the STS thing yesterday, increased my speed and distance and feel brilliant now......hope that keeps me from straying over the weekend.

sorry sort of rabbiting on there......have a fabby evening all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭fatewatchers

Hi everyone!

I return, still the same weight as I was at the end of january more or less.... completely fell off the wagon in terms of dieting but thankfully haven't put on too much weight.

My loss so far has been 7 stone 6lbs.... only have about 1.5 stone left to lose to get to "goal".... feels like I'll never get there to be honest!

Can't get my stupid dense head around ProPoints at all...... I was so into the older system that I am finding ProPoints highly confusing and annoying. Any tips to make it easier? I was gonna stick to the old points system but quickly realised that it's fairly pointless as they'd be talking about ProPoints at the meetings and I wouldn't have a clue. I need a ProPoints boot camp or something :|

Hope ye are all still losers!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Lads and lasses,

Here are the results for week4.

PS: Ive removed the people who hadnt sent me weights in the last 4 weeks, you are all however more than welcome to join (again), just PM me your weekly weights.

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

Hi everyone!

I return, still the same weight as I was at the end of january more or less.... completely fell off the wagon in terms of dieting but thankfully haven't put on too much weight.

My loss so far has been 7 stone 6lbs.... only have about 1.5 stone left to lose to get to "goal".... feels like I'll never get there to be honest!

Can't get my stupid dense head around ProPoints at all...... I was so into the older system that I am finding ProPoints highly confusing and annoying. Any tips to make it easier? I was gonna stick to the old points system but quickly realised that it's fairly pointless as they'd be talking about ProPoints at the meetings and I wouldn't have a clue. I need a ProPoints boot camp or something :|

Hope ye are all still losers!

Wow your loss is amazing well done :D It does take a while to get used to the propoints but after a few weeks its fine. If you haven't got one already then get yourself a points calculator. they are invaluable. really easy to use too. that will help alot :) you have done brilliantly so far :D

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

So WI this morning & I'm down 3/4's of a pound, really happy with that if I count from my WI of last Friday it's actually 1.5lbs :D because I weighed in last sat morn too & I was down 1/2lb from the day before so I'm saying 3/4's of a pound loss each week :D really happy it's going in the right direction BUT being self critical I have to stop with the pre WI of ooh id love to be down 2 or 3 lbs cos it ain't happening & I end up being dissappointed when it's not 3lbs LOL! But it all adds up & as I say it's going in the right direction!

I'm going to have an easy day today lots of cleaning & cooking for the freezer then kick back on the sofa with a book & lots of tea. I did my grocery shopping last nightso I'm gonna stay in pjs until I go out for my walk later!

I'm off to Belfast on Thurs till Sunday really looking forward to it we're going to see some gigs & catch up with friends so I'll miss my nxt WI but I'll have a sneak look before I go & when I get back to gauge it! I was really disciplined when booking the room it's my fav hotel up there & the breakfasts are to die for its a buffet & my word the amount of sweet treats, cakes & yummy breads they have to choose from as well as the cooked breakie, fruit etc you could make a total pig of yourself I didn't want to give into temptation so I booked without breakfast (30 euro cheaper) there's no way I could sit there while everyone else was gorging themselves & me with just fruit salad - my weakness is their home made granola! So we're going to go to my fav little cafe for breakfast each day where I can order just scrambled eggs & toms, some fruit salad & coffee & the other half his fry yogurt & coffee all for the same price but none of the all you can eat granola, muffins, coffee cake ( love coffee cake!) Just staring at you begging to be eaten just cos it's 'free € wise'

We're going to a chilli festival thing as well on saturday it's got a hog roast, burritos, tex Mex food & lots & lots of diff types of chilli I'll use my weeklies there & then be stuffed to the gills for fleet foxes, villagers & the low anthem! I'm seeing Laura marling the night before & I intend hitting the shops thurs & Friday to get some smaller sized basics & crucially new underwear I need to get a waaaay smaller back size in bras I just can't make do with my existing ones anymore there is no support when the back is too lose! Not going to go mad though I'm a 14 now but hope to get to 12 or dare I say a 10?!! :D

Enjoy the weekend ladies & gents :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

had a totally unexpected few drinks and pizza last night with a friend...but hadn't seen them in about a year...didnt even think about what i wass eating or drinking.....but back on straigha an narrow today...have the whole weekend pointed and planned.

so yeah....have a kinda messed up false wi from all the crap last night....totally bloated! up 3lbs....

after all the good i did last week! LMAO but feck it. Its ll ....its not the rare once a blue moon pizza that has got me like this...my friend got the pizza....couldnt just say....oh god i cant eat that crap! I refuse to be rude to people because of my personal eating choices! I'd rather have one bad week on the scales....than make a friend who did something nice feel like sh*t

now excuse me gang....must get me some porridge and motiillium! haha

so whats the nicest low fat ceaser dressing out there?

been using the hellmans one this week....but it is kinda HIGH! So going to try and wean my self onto a low fat version.

The tiger thai is great! really good on points...but want to have a few nice dressings to switch between...so i dont get fed up...

Tried the cous cous again, mush smaller portion...wow im full...but not uncomfortable

50g cous cous + 1 pack Aldi ham cubes and huge dinner plate of salad...8pp for lunch and im nicely full

I've also had my2 litres of water :) and going to up treadmill from 30 mins to 40 mins :D

Ot sure on lowfat ceaser dressing to buy but I know there is arecipe for one here

http://www.tv3.ie/article.php?article_id=59896&locID=1.65.652&pagename=

It was the one the WW leader did on come dine with me. You could make & store in the fridge for a few days I'm sure. It's not pointed though.

I know you are just getting into salads ( & fair play to you for that! :) ) but for me the nicest salad dressing is a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, some balsamic vinegar & salt & pepper. I don't make the dressing in a bowl I tend to just add all to the salad & toss with my hands that way I don't make too much dressing best bit of this is the balsamic is zero pp & you only need a small amount of EVOO maybe a teaspoon depending on size of salad I also add lots of fresh torn basil & usually I have lots of tomato in there & it all marries together lovely. I love sour things so like lots of vinegar!

Kay_80 wrote: »
    Ot sure on lowfat ceaser dressing to buy but I know there is arecipe for one here

http://www.tv3.ie/article.php?article_id=59896&locID=1.65.652&pagename=

It was the one the WW leader did on come dine with me. You could make & store in the fridge for a few days I'm sure. It's not pointed though.

I know you are just getting into salads ( & fair play to you for that! :) ) but for me the nicest salad dressing is a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, some balsamic vinegar & salt & pepper. I don't make the dressing in a bowl I tend to just add all to the salad & toss with my hands that way I don't make too much dressing best bit of this is the balsamic is zero pp & you only need a small amount of EVOO maybe a teaspoon depending on size of salad I also add lots of fresh torn basil & usually I have lots of tomato in there & it all marries together lovely. I love sour things so like lots of vinegar!

cant stand overly oily dressings...my mum uses the balsamic olive oil combo.
    Like today what i did was 20g of the thai tiger dressing for 1pp, (weighed it out) and a drizzel of ceaser just for that hint of indulgence. granted my drizzels are prob a bit generous...but baby steps :P But i'm getting there...getting healthier by the day....like today was the lowest pp lunch i've ever had....and its prob the most "satisfied" i've ever been after lunch :D

*right back to the theory test practice...i'm up to 34/40*

I don't like overly oily either I just can't eat it bleuggh! Most recipes tend to be 2/3rds oil to 1/3 sour ( say lemon juice or balsamic, White wine vinegar etc) especially Jamie olivers I tend to do the other way around! For example yesterday's lunch was probably 3 tablespoons of balsamic to a teaspoon of EVOO & lots of black pepper I sometimes just use balsamic! Like I said I love sour things! It goes back to my childhood me & my cousin once drank a whole bottle of malt vinegar between us he got sick I wanted more! :P I know a total weirdo!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭layviae

i have a few questions to people who have signed up to weightwatchers.co.uk
    when it asks for billing address did you just put your normal address and select a county and put a postcode for a hotel in that county?
    has anyone had any problems cancelling their subscription after the initinal 3 months?
    im planning on using paypal to pay has anyone in ireland had any issues with it?
    i used to go to classes but work is crazy busy over the summer and im never sure what time im home at so ive given up on the classes although im sticking to the programme but finding it hard without a tracker but im weighing in on my wii every week so wondering if the tracker on line is any good?

also for anyone interested i was looking at how easy it was to cancel the subscription and when you go to contact us and cancellations and press the stay with weight watchers button you'll be able to download a free cookbook

layviae wrote: »
    i have a few questions to people who have signed up to weightwatchers.co.uk
    when it asks for billing address did you just put your normal address and select a county and put a postcode for a hotel in that county?
    has anyone had any problems cancelling their subscription after the initinal 3 months?
    im planning on using paypal to pay has anyone in ireland had any issues with it?
    i used to go to classes but work is crazy busy over the summer and im never sure what time im home at so ive given up on the classes although im sticking to the programme but finding it hard without a tracker but im weighing in on my wii every week so wondering if the tracker on line is any good?

also for anyone interested i was looking at how easy it was to cancel the subscription and when you go to contact us and cancellations and press the stay with weight watchers button you'll be able to download a free cookbook

im sure thats what i did put in normal address...then put in english county with a post code from that county. I find the service great so havent had any reason to cancel it. :) online tracker is GREAT! takes out all the guess work and panic...and the recipe builder so handy! you can point any recipe you find...and tweak it here and there until it suits your pro points budget.

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    im sure thats what i did put in normal address...then put in english county with a post code from that county. I find the service great so havent had any reason to cancel it. :) online tracker is GREAT! takes out all the guess work and panic...and the recipe builder so handy! you can point any recipe you find...and tweak it here and there until it suits your pro points budget.

Thanks Lainy. the recipe builder seems great and reading about how motivated you been doing it online has made me want to try it. i lost 3 stone from january to the end of april in the classes but ive been up and down since then with exams and the baby being sick and my sisters hen weekend and starting a new job. lucky for me ive got a friend in work who is doing ww aswell and we're doing well so i wanna keep this motivation but its hard without a tracker

im going to try making the ceaser salad dressing from tv 3 tonight and have it for lunch tomorrow anyone pointed it yet? 100g extra light mayo juice of half a lemon clove of garlic 75ml water and fresh ground peper?

layviae wrote: »
    Thanks Lainy. the recipe builder seems great and reading about how motivated you been doing it online has made me want to try it. i lost 3 stone from january to the end of april in the classes but ive been up and down since then with exams and the baby being sick and my sisters hen weekend and starting a new job. lucky for me ive got a friend in work who is doing ww aswell and we're doing well so i wanna keep this motivation but its hard without a tracker

im going to try making the ceaser salad dressing from tv 3 tonight and have it for lunch tomorrow anyone pointed it yet? 100g extra light mayo juice of half a lemon clove of garlic 75ml water and fresh ground peper?

omg 3 stone????? thats amazing! I need YOU to fecking inspire and motivate me!

I was so good last week...then this week just gone...blaaaaah! (as you read inthe other thread....theory test looming) so the the munchies have been showing there ugly heads! But I'm using my tracker from the good week as a guide for the week coming.

yeah that does sound like a nice dressing. the Aldi Bramwells Extra light mayo is WAAAY nicer than hellmans! i might just add a few herbs and maybe spoon ful of Lidl Linessa cream cheese to it...just to cream it up....i prob only making it with 50g mayo...cos dont want ti sitting in the fridge.

also noticed last week i just couldnt be bothered really blogging my trackers...but i did during my good week...the blog easier to read back on than the tracker :P cos i have the times and snacks tracked too...breaking up the day.

So back to tracker 100%, Blogging and....i did 45 mins on treadmill...was aiming for 40.....thought i'd only get 30 in cos i was in no mood really for it...but stuck it out for the 45...maybe this will be my "one good day" that leads to the rest of the week....

Tuesday will be a nightmare tho! so better have some dinners in the freezer!

only thing pointable in that dressing is the mayo, which at 100g is 2pp :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 meabhaline

Eventually got around to making the bran muffins and i'm not happy

they didn't rise as much as i'd like. disapointed :(

meabhaline wrote: »
    Eventually got around to making the bran muffins and i'm not happy

they didn't rise as much as i'd like. disapointed :(

took me a while to get them right. i was nearly demented first few times i made them.

I was mixed the batter too much first few times i made them. and i was constantly checking on them...opening the door...

But after a while i started leaving them be...not opening the door once...and to leave the oven go cool before taking them out. just lightly fold the batter, you should still see lil pockets of dry flour.

and make sure any fruit you use is finely chopped or mushed up :) tip i got from my mum after a few failed attempts

Just had Quiche and Salad 13pp for dinner :D Quiche 12pp., tiger thai dressing 1pp :D

Having a VERY small vodka and coke....about a cap of the bottle full :P not even a shot. so 2pp? haha :P

omg 3 stone????? thats amazing! I need YOU to fecking inspire and motivate me!

I was so good last week...then this week just gone...blaaaaah! (as you read inthe other thread....theory test looming) so the the munchies have been showing there ugly heads! But I'm using my tracker from the good week as a guide for the week coming.

yeah that does sound like a nice dressing. the Aldi Bramwells Extra light mayo is WAAAY nicer than hellmans! i might just add a few herbs and maybe spoon ful of Lidl Linessa cream cheese to it...just to cream it up....i prob only making it with 50g mayo...cos dont want ti sitting in the fridge.

also noticed last week i just couldnt be bothered really blogging my trackers...but i did during my good week...the blog easier to read back on than the tracker :P cos i have the times and snacks tracked too...breaking up the day.

So back to tracker 100%, Blogging and....i did 45 mins on treadmill...was aiming for 40.....thought i'd only get 30 in cos i was in no mood really for it...but stuck it out for the 45...maybe this will be my "one good day" that leads to the rest of the week....

Tuesday will be a nightmare tho! so better have some dinners in the freezer!

only thing pointable in that dressing is the mayo, which at 100g is 2pp :)

ive lost 3 but ive 6 left to go so not getting too caught up in it!!! it was all down to your blueberry bran muffins as id have them when everyone else was going for a coffee!!!

I know the stress of the theory test is horrible but during my exam study id write my tracker in the morning and bring in the food to college with me and refuse to eat anything apart from what i planed so maybe try that? i lost loads in the first few weeks but during the actual exams i started eating breakfast rolls before the exams to keep me going and put all the weight id lost during the study back on

not to go off topic but i thought id never get the hang of driving and now it feels like the car is just an extention of my arms and legs... i suppose its the same with ww i feel ill never lose this 9stone but ive 3 down and only 6 to go and i just keep looking at the things ive succeded in (like my exams) and tell myself if i can do that i can lose the weight.

thanks for the tip on the aldi mayo must try that

its easier on good weeks and good days to write in our trackers!! i had a bad week last week and i couldnt even bring myself to look at this tread (i still have pages 105-112 to read) but this week im promising myself that im gonna be good for me because i deserve it

lainy your so good with the excercise and amazing at recepies and pointing things most of my weight loss since january has been down to you and the others on this tread (love skinnydolls blog... have the sweet treats and drinks pages saved as bookmarks in my phone so i have no excuse)

im now offically a member of ww online uk and just found out that beacsue ive lost weight since ive stopped going to classes ive actually been allowing myself (and eating) 2 extra pp per day, nearly died when i saw my pp allowence

anyway everyone keep up the good work. we can do it;)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 wexchick

Well after leaving ww for few months I am back at my starting weight! back with a bang! have my brothers wedding in Sept so need to get myself back on track! weigh day is on thurs! not doin too bad so far except for the small popcorn i had in the cinema!! anyone fill me in on what the average pro points on small popcorn?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 23 meabhaline

took me a while to get them right. i was nearly demented first few times i made them.

I was mixed the batter too much first few times i made them. and i was constantly checking on them...opening the door...

But after a while i started leaving them be...not opening the door once...and to leave the oven go cool before taking them out. just lightly fold the batter, you should still see lil pockets of dry flour.

and make sure any fruit you use is finely chopped or mushed up :) tip i got from my mum after a few failed attempts

Just had Quiche and Salad 13pp for dinner :D Quiche 12pp., tiger thai dressing 1pp :D

Having a VERY small vodka and coke....about a cap of the bottle full :P not even a shot. so 2pp? haha :P

Thanks Lainy. I think i just went a bit mad mixing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Well after fitting in to the size 10 the other day, I'm back down to earth with a bang today :( Got a new bikini today and had to get a size 14 in the bottoms :mad: Why can't sizes be the same in shops in this country?

Off on my holliers tomorrow :D Hope everyone has a good week, I'll be back on Wed! Off to bed now, gotta be at the airport at 5am, OH is not impressed that he has to get up at 4am to drop me off :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    Well after fitting in to the size 10 the other day, I'm back down to earth with a bang today :( Got a new bikini today and had to get a size 14 in the bottoms :mad: Why can't sizes be the same in shops in this country?

Off on my holliers tomorrow :D Hope everyone has a good week, I'll be back on Wed! Off to bed now, gotta be at the airport at 5am, OH is not impressed that he has to get up at 4am to drop me off :o

i am in one size 10 jeans (non stretch) comfortably and my other jeans are a size 12. I have a couple of 14's left over still that are ok, others that will fall off if i try them on, then I have a 16 that's too tight.

I bought a size 14 bikini today and it was TINY. It didn't fit my 9st 0lbs (5 ' 6'') sister, so that tells you what is going on in the bloody shops!

Don't take the sizes in shops as gold, they're all made to different 'correct' models. You're doing great xx

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Finally got my bike!!!!!!

Excersise here I come. Took the bike out today for a spin (18km) felt good.

I need to do 33km as part of a charity triathlon in september, so plenty training to be had but ...should be ok

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

Hi
    We had friends over last for dinner and a few drinks dinner went fine but once i got a few drinks I picking at everything, i managed to point it all and in the space of 4 hours I nearly used up all my weekly's.I have no will power at all after a few glasses of wine, I was so gutted that I got up at 8 o clock and went for a 7km walk.
    There was a bag of dorritos and some other **** left over so i put all in the bin today just in case i got a dose of the munches later on if its not in the press i cant eat it.Is anyone else like this?or can you have sweets and the likes around the house and not have to go near them ? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭username2010

Trying Weight Watchers online....struggly i have to say....dreading my weigh-in today....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

Trying Weight Watchers online....struggly i have to say....dreading my weigh-in today....
    good luck and welcome to the forum,there are a number of people here who are using WW on line and i am sure if you had any questions they would be able to help. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

why does it keep goin back to page 113 and i trying to read posts?

I need to have pp friendly crisps & chocolate in the house I tend to not binge if I know it's there. If it's not there & I got a snack attack I'd end up driving to the garage & buying & eating all kinds of crap. Whereas if I know I have my velvet crunch, s&v rice cakes, treatsize malteasers, & dark chocolate in I'm more relaxed I'll have a treat everyday & not feel deprived. I could never devour the whole lot.

Doritos are a weakness for me I used to buy the big share bags but had to stop too easy to pour another bowl & eat them if in having a few drinks I now buy the multi pack I rarely eat them but as a treat I'll have a packet they're 4pp (30g bag) & the oh has his pringles which I dont Like & prob 2 packets of Doritos. One thing I can't have in the house is haribo or any type of jellys I could eat a whole bag so easier to not have them in the house I got all of them & threw in the bin.

I have a sweet tooth I can only eat so much savory snacks so I know it's 'safe' to keep those on standby, I whizz by the sweet aisle in Lidl & Aldi & try to keep my eyes averted :P that's why I eat so much fruit it stops me picking up a bag of sweets! I can't allow myself even one as a treat I wouldn't stop at one, I'd get the taste & want them all the time!

You did the right thing binning them Harr if you're going to be tempted but don't be so hard on yourself, you used your weeklies on the weekend, had a few drinks & nibbles that's normal & real life it's not realistic to just have your glass of wine & watch everyone else scoffing all round them! At least you enjoyed your weeklies?!

Maybe plan out your treats for the weekend in advance say 15 on actual food snacks & stick to it, that could be 3 packets of crisps or whatever, if say pringles are your weakness & you know you won't stop till the tube is gone don't buy them or buy the smaller tub. If you plan for the snack attack you wont feel guilty afterwards.learn to build it into your lifestyle, at least you went & did some exercise :)

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭username2010

harr wrote: »
    good luck and welcome to the forum,there are a number of people here who are using WW on line and i am sure if you had any questions they would be able to help. :)

Hey Harr!
    Thanks a mil for that....
    Went the online route because I couldn't find a local meeting at a good time. Online site very very good in fairness, but meetings great too....
    Come on Willpower!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭rachel

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Finally got my bike!!!!!!

Excersise here I come. Took the bike out today for a spin (18km) felt good.

I need to do 33km as part of a charity triathlon in september, so plenty training to be had but ...should be ok

Congratulations! You won't look back. I find cycling the most enjoyable & useful form of exercise. You're just in time for bike week too.
    I've signed up for an 80km cycle in Sept so will be working on my stamina as well while hopefully dropping the pounds.

• Advertisement

3.5km on treadmill in 45 mins :D working my way back up to to 5km in 60mins :)
    Dear god...i'm actually disappointed we're out of salad stuff! I'm shocked! haha!

I'm after dinner but i have like 6pp left, my mum has roast beef in the oven. how would i point it?
    I'm thinking of having some on my ryvita later on tonight. as a nice protein snack:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement