Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭rachel

Morning all,
    Is anyone else having trouble getting onto the WW online website today? I can log in but can't get into plan manager, it just has a page re changing from points to propoints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Morning All,

WI last night and was down 1.5lbs :D:D:D Only 1lb away from goal now! And can go on my hols on Sunday feeling like I worked really hard last week! :D

My leader was talking about men and what we can learn from them last night and she gave the example of herself & her husband doing the shopping. She saw a 6 pack of snowballs on sale for 1euro and was like "oh there only a euro", her husband said "you don't need them", she agreed and they moved on, only they came back to them and she picked them up again and said "if they have nutritional info on them, I'll get them so my members know how many pp they are". Again her hubby said "No, you don't need them & they can find that themselves", so she left them. But then when she got to the checkout, she said "oops, forgot something", ran back and got them! Her point was that her husband was focused on not having them, whereas she was found it easy to give into the temptation! I know not all men are like this but she was just saying from her POV. I thought it was good because she was giving an example of how she, even as a WW leader, still struggles to be "good" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 dubliin_ali

Eimhear is a fantastic leader. The way she comes across on the programme has to be the result of editing. She wrote on the cdwmi facebook page that she was not allowed to mention weightwatchers on the programme, that's why she called herself a lecturer in nutrition and health.
    She is not an anti-fat zealot, she's as human as the rest of us. At meetings she sometimes mentions having her 'bad' days, just like the rest of us have.
    She is always giving us fantastic recipes for all sorts of meals and snacks, another leader said Eimhear is called upon often by HQ to give cookery demos to other leaders.
    The queue at the meeting I go to is always out the door, with every chair at the talk taken and people standing at the back.
    She's very motivational and never judges!

Completely agree - she was the best leader I ever had - but I think she has come across terribly on the show - what a pity. She sent everyone the recipies from what she made too. So trying the tiramasu!!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭flamelily

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    Morning All,

WI last night and was down 1.5lbs :D:D:D Only 1lb away from goal now! And can go on my hols on Sunday feeling like I worked really hard last week! :D

My leader was talking about men and what we can learn from them last night and she gave the example of herself & her husband doing the shopping. She saw a 6 pack of snowballs on sale for 1euro and was like "oh there only a euro", her husband said "you don't need them", she agreed and they moved on, only they came back to them and she picked them up again and said "if they have nutritional info on them, I'll get them so my members know how many pp they are". Again her hubby said "No, you don't need them & they can find that themselves", so she left them. But then when she got to the checkout, she said "oops, forgot something", ran back and got them! Her point was that her husband was focused on not having them, whereas she was found it easy to give into the temptation! I know not all men are like this but she was just saying from her POV. I thought it was good because she was giving an example of how she, even as a WW leader, still struggles to be "good" :)

congrats shoe lover :D tis brilliant to be so close to goal :) enjoy your hols.....you deserve it :cool:

LOL on your leader and her hubby......its very true though. When my DH does the shopping he comes back with only whats on the list and no 'bad' stuff......when I go, something naughty always makes it into the basket!!! :o:o he works for a crisp company, drives a van full of crisps all day.....and might only have the odd bag, if that was me I would be sitting in the back of the van surrounded by empty crisp packets!!!:eek::eek::eek:

so its the start of a new week for me and after STS yesterday I am determined to stay on the wagon this week......food for the week planned and workouts stuck to treadmill C25K week 4 here I come :cool:

have a fabby day all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Dublin25

Hi All!
    Thanks for all the advice over my sts disappointment. Flamelily i know exactly how you feel!
    Laney - i'm soooo not sure i'm ready to completely give up on chinese. I will have to reduce it though last weekend was an exception!

So looking forward to this week and trying to plan plan plan. I'm doing classes this eve and all weekend (and for the next few months)so trying to figure out what to do with lunches cos not sure what times etc its at yet. I've fruit salads ready to go and yogurts in fridge just hoping they be ok in my car, as there is no fridges etc like work.
    Also, going straight from there to Take that. This is worrying me food wise as I doubt there would be good choices at the gig!

Any tips or advice would be greatly welcome! I'm nervous food wise and i haven't even started the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭LollieB25

Hi All,

Firstly congrats on all the losses :D Came back from my Holiday's on Sunday and decided to face up to my WI on Monday even though I knew I hadn't stuck to the plan for a week!

Turned out I was only up 0.5lbs :eek: I couldn't believe it, I put it down to all the dancing every night :P

Had a great week sun was amazing shame to have to come back to rain but I suppose that's the Irish summer should be used to it by now.

Went straight back to counting points on Tuesday so hopefully should see a loss at my next wi ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

flamelily wrote: »
    congrats shoe lover :D tis brilliant to be so close to goal :) enjoy your hols.....you deserve it :cool:

LOL on your leader and her hubby......its very true though. When my DH does the shopping he comes back with only whats on the list and no 'bad' stuff......when I go, something naughty always makes it into the basket!!! :o:o he works for a crisp company, drives a van full of crisps all day.....and might only have the odd bag, if that was me I would be sitting in the back of the van surrounded by empty crisp packets!!!:eek::eek::eek:

so its the start of a new week for me and after STS yesterday I am determined to stay on the wagon this week......food for the week planned and workouts stuck to treadmill C25K week 4 here I come :cool:

have a fabby day all :D

This made me laugh out loud. That would be me all over. Love crisps!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

LOL my DH must be contray to that rule! well he was yesterday any way! he came shopping with me last night and he got chocolate bars, asked if I was going to get chocolate spread and I was saying no! he was starving though! I will give him that!

Has any one tried the Ryvitta minis I had a PK of the sweet chilli ones and I thought they were lovely work out as 3 PP nicer than the snax things!
    what a day, spilling rain hope its not like this all weekend it will be so boring!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

rachel wrote: »
    Morning all,
    Is anyone else having trouble getting onto the WW online website today? I can log in but can't get into plan manager, it just has a page re changing from points to propoints.

same thing happeneing to me.!

Just looked at calender i'll def be up this week...I dont get TOTM with jab...buta every 3 months when its time to renew the jab i'm up...and boy i'm up!

Kinda stressed too....alot to do next week....must get the implanon thing put in....owch! Driving theory test! And other money issue stuff all on the same day! Thank god its next month exam results coming out...i could not handle any more things this week!

I'm going for a long very hot shower to try and wake my self up, then hopefully i'll be in the mood for treadmill. and maybe that'll help this bloated feeling.

I'm just wondering maybe the cous cous didnt quite agree with me....been kinda feeling like this since i had it....pity...it was so nice and filling but think the wheat didnt sit well with me...same way bread doesnt quite do me any favours

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

Hmmm quick question.....I made a batch of the bran muffins to bring in with me for elevenses, thanks a mill for the recipe girls! But are they meant to be that spongy squishy. They don't seem to have the same consistency as regular even low fat muffins. Is that because of the bran or cos I'm using a silicone baking tray, I can't get them out until they cool down?? Thks :)

• Advertisement

MaggieMay2 wrote: »
    Hmmm quick question.....I made a batch of the bran muffins to bring in with me for elevenses, thanks a mill for the recipe girls! But are they meant to be that spongy squishy. They don't seem to have the same consistency as regular even low fat muffins. Is that because of the bran or cos I'm using a silicone baking tray, I can't get them out until they cool down?? Thks :)

they do firm up when cold....

What fruit do you make them with? the juice from the fruit makes them nice and juicey and moist. I made them few nights ago with tinned pears...Delish! Going to make another batch after my shower. they were so juicy and squishy :D

i make mine with two papper liners in silicone tray...helps them to rise :)

Ahhhhh paper liners ;) Gotcha! Might do that, thanks LadyLainy. I used apple, diced them up which was quite nice as they turn all squishy after baking! I'll just try again, as if I need another excuse to make more. Yep cous cous can make you very bloated. Did you eat alot of it? Drinking lots of water should help....

MaggieMay2 wrote: »
    Ahhhhh paper liners ;) Gotcha! Might do that, thanks LadyLainy. I used apple, diced them up which was quite nice as they turn all squishy after baking! I'll just try again, as if I need another excuse to make more. Yep cous cous can make you very bloated. Did you eat alot of it? Drinking lots of water should help....

i'd never had it before...didnt realise how filling it was....did eat more than i should have...i did point it tho...and was within my dailies....about 80g dried...it didnt look like that much on the plate...but about half an hour later....i was feeling almost painfully stuffed...yeah i'm drinking loads of water anyway...but going to step it up even more so...like this is how i feel if i've had too much bread...sluggish...mopey...energy zapped out of me...

ah yeah.....that prob explains the squishy. the pair one were really quishy too...simular fruit family :D

Shower.....Bran Muffins.....water....and hopefully treadmill...

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    same thing happeneing to me

Any luck getting into the site yet?

In the meantime, does anyone know how many propoints are in a slice of white pan/regular white bread?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭flamelily

Any luck getting into the site yet?

In the meantime, does anyone know how many propoints are in a slice of white pan/regular white bread?

depends on the loaf really, its 2pp per slice for the regular slice pan like Brennans but the Irish Pride Toast one is 3pp per slice cause its thicker (and therefore heavier) :eek: hope that helps

I use my calculator to point bread now when I buy a different brand from normal and weigh the slice :) just to be sure

flamelily wrote: »
    depends on the loaf really, its 2pp per slice for the regular slice pan like Brennans but the Irish Pride Toast one is 3pp per slice cause its thicker (and therefore heavier) :eek: hope that helps

I use my calculator to point bread now when I buy a different brand from normal and weigh the slice :) just to be sure

Thanks for that, I'm lost without the online app!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Just on the bread front, a girl in my class last night was asking about Spelt Bread. I'd never heard of it before, but it's supposed to be lighter than the normal bread. But my leader said to beware, because spelt products have higher pp values. One slice of Spelt Bread was around 4pp she said :eek: I thought that was nuts - for a slice of bread!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Great loss shoelover well done the no banana thing seems to have worked alongside all of your activity & good food choices well done!

Can't believe that about spelt bread it is quite dense though one of my friends who is german easily has 4 slices per day that's 16pp omg!:eek::eek:

This rain Is dreadful but I'm counting down the minutes till I can leave the office going to throw on my rain gear & go for my walk anyway I feel spurred on having gotten the encouragement from Ciara (my practice nurse) yesterday evening I have a yummy dinner of salmon fillet, brown rice & roasted veg planned with a glass of red wine planned! Can't wait & all within my dailies :)

Ps has anyone any nice salmon recipes which are fairly ok pp wise I love salmon but am either having it dry fried, or done with terriaki type sauce or just steamed, I wouldn't mind jazzing it up a bit though! Any ideas?! :)

Thanks for doat, I'm lost without the online app!

its back up (and i think i will be too) haha!

Carribean Salmon

2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
    2 limes, finely zested, then halved
    1 tbsp jerk seasoning (Schwartz have it. 1 pro point for 2 tablespoons)
    2cm (1in) piece fresh ginger, finely grated
    4 salmon fillets, with skin on

Green beans and Brown Rice to go with (I use some of the lime juice in this as well)
    baby sweetcorn, chopped cherry tomatoes and coriander (optional but gives a really nice flavour)

Just rub the seasoning into salmon place in bowl add ginger garlic and lime zest. I always use the lime juice as well to save on the oil and so its not too dry. You can either bake or fry. Thats the recipe for 4 but adjust for 1 or 2.... Low in pro points but FULL of flavour. One of my favourites!

• Advertisement

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah finally feeling normal again.....i prob did eat too much cous cous....didnt realise it was so dense...it looked so tiny on the plate.

Going to try 50g cous cous tonight, chichen breast and salad

dinner 10ppp lowest dinner i've ever had!

New week tomorrow :D I'm going to mimic my trackers from last week! This week was kinda all over the place.....

ooo forgot to say leave it to marinade for at least 15-30 mins, even better :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 senmum

Caros wrote: »
    If you have the WW calculator or even the wheel you can calculate the points yourself.

To be honest I find it hard to operate the wheel, is anyone else the same?
    Keep meaning to buy the calculator...
    Not to worry just thought someone might have pointed them......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Bennylicious

Kay_80 wrote: »
    Well personally I think calling yourself a health and nutrition lecturer when you're a WW leader is a BIIIGGG stretch. Fair enough she may not have been allowed to mention WW, but there's other things she could have called herself but it's funny how it's been advertised as her being a WW leader and also how Dave Lamb mentions it at every second breath? Yes editing is involved, and I'm not saying she's not a good leader but lets get real here, someone whether they're doing WW or not going on about fats, and calories all the time is really annoying and you end up coming across as a food nazi, she did herself no favors going on the show, or for ppl on WW or WW as a whole and really and truly if ppl want to defend her I say head on over to the reality TV forum that's what it's there for don't let our thread come into the defend Eimhear thread I thank you!

Well I suppose that's where those criticising Eimhear here should have shared their thoughts so, let's not make this come into the criticise Eimhear thread either.

Anyway good luck with the weightloss everyone, I've really enjoyed reading and benefited from all the tips and advice here.

Right!

There are just some times in life where people are stressed! And there are some times in life where that stress will cause a temporary weight gain...We gotta deal with the area of stress...stress is bad! Then get back on track!

Sorry just kinda had to put that out there in black and white....or on here...black and light shade of blue/grey.

Its just one of those weeks! this driving theory test has be frazzled...but the actual terrified fear....has kinda turned into......nerves and anticipation...the more i actually study...and yes i'm actually STUDYING for the theory and driving/lesson....the more confident i'm getting...knowledge is power?

So i got stress gain....and hormonal injection gain....i only imagine freaking implant is going to do to me next week....but i hate the freaking pill...forget it once an ur screwed. I've been on the jab for 3 years so doc says gotta switch...

I'm drinking buckets of water but not peeing half as much as i should....so i must be retaining...(mums bacon...prob loads of salt)

Right!

There are just some times in life where people are stressed! And there are some times in life where that stress will cause a temporary weight gain...We gotta deal with the area of stress...stress is bad! Then get back on track!

Sorry just kinda had to put that out there in black and white....or on here...black and light shade of blue/grey.

Its just one of those weeks! this driving theory test has be frazzled...but the actual terrified fear....has kinda turned into......nerves and anticipation...the more i actually study...and yes i'm actually STUDYING for the theory and driving/lesson....the more confident i'm getting...knowledge is power?

So i got stress gain....and hormonal injection gain....i only imagine freaking implant is going to do to me next week....but i hate the freaking pill...forget it once an ur screwed. I've been on the jab for 3 years so doc says gotta switch...

I'm drinking buckets of water but not peeing half as much as i should....so i must be retaining...(mums bacon...prob loads of salt)

Practice makes perfect. I was sorry I didn't study the theory test when I failed the first one (34/40). Studied, studied, studied and got 39/40 the second time round.

I would definitely recommend the implanon bar. While it doesn't agree with everyone, if it does, it is brilliant. And if it doesnt agree, you can get it taken out straight away and you go back to normal almost immediately. Your periods would be all over the place for the first 6-9 months but you get used to it and having peace of mind for 3 years is brill. Just got my second one put in a few months ago. It says a side effect, like all hormonal contraceptives, is weight gain. But you are on the right track now and the only way you would gain weight is by eating more, it doesnt just magically put pounds on you. I was around 15 and a half stone when I got my first one put in. 3 years later I was 18 stone 3lb but I wouldnt put one pound of that down to the implanon because I was just a very very unhealthy eater, crisps, chocolate, frozen pizza, chips, takeaways, full fat fizzy drinks etc etc and lots of it. When deciding contraception, I wanted to get the injection but my doctor wouldnt give it to me because she said it is such a HIGH level of hormones and it can give you depression and cause serious weight gain and she recommended the bar as it releases the hormone slowly and steadily.

Was feeling very good today. Fruit salad for breakfast and tuna salad for lunch. But then in the afternoon, had huge argument with my mum, and then another with the OH and it put me in a foul mood and never got out for my walk and ended up having a sambo for dinner. Having a few drinks now but going to remain on track food wise and try and get some exercise in when I get back from my Dads. I agree with you lainy on the stress thing, I think that has been the root of my 2 month arseing around with WW. I have been unbelievably stressed the last couple of months and still am, so I think I need to get over it and realise that I am going to have stressful situations and will just have to work through them otherwise I will be back to square one.

Monife wrote: »
    Practice makes perfect. I was sorry I didn't study the theory test when I failed the first one (34/40). Studied, studied, studied and got 39/40 the second time round.

I would definitely recommend the implanon bar. While it doesn't agree with everyone, if it does, it is brilliant. And if it doesnt agree, you can get it taken out straight away and you go back to normal almost immediately. Your periods would be all over the place for the first 6-9 months but you get used to it and having peace of mind for 3 years is brill. Just got my second one put in a few months ago. It says a side effect, like all hormonal contraceptives, is weight gain. But you are on the right track now and the only way you would gain weight is by eating more, it doesnt just magically put pounds on you. I was around 15 and a half stone when I got my first one put in. 3 years later I was 18 stone 3lb but I wouldnt put one pound of that down to the implanon because I was just a very very unhealthy eater, crisps, chocolate, frozen pizza, chips, takeaways, full fat fizzy drinks etc etc and lots of it. When deciding contraception, I wanted to get the injection but my doctor wouldnt give it to me because she said it is such a HIGH level of hormones and it can give you depression and cause serious weight gain and she recommended the bar as it releases the hormone slowly and steadily.

Was feeling very good today. Fruit salad for breakfast and tuna salad for lunch. But then in the afternoon, had huge argument with my mum, and then another with the OH and it put me in a foul mood and never got out for my walk and ended up having a sambo for dinner. Having a few drinks now but going to remain on track food wise and try and get some exercise in when I get back from my Dads. I agree with you lainy on the stress thing, I think that has been the root of my 2 month arseing around with WW. I have been unbelievably stressed the last couple of months and still am, so I think I need to get over it and realise that I am going to have stressful situations and will just have to work through them otherwise I will be back to square one.

thanks for the information. I wonder once i stop the injection will that make my weight loss a lil easier....its based on the same hormone as the injection...but must be different amounts. so it should in theory agree with me.

thanks for the information. I wonder once i stop the injection will that make my weight loss a lil easier....its based on the same hormone as the injection...but must be different amounts. so it should in theory agree with me.

You never know. I know my friend who used to be a size 8, shot to a size 12-14 after about a year taking the injection. The injection is a 4 month dose of hormone in case people don't renew their injection on time, hence why it is such a high level of hormone entering your body.

who knows this implanon might be a big booste...not looking forward to getting my period back....haha!

Also...decided to start a herb garden outside...and maybe some spring onions....any tips? going to check in the gardening forum in a minute :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭UPCurley

Hi All,
    I'm down from 12' 10 to 12' 5 this week so am delighted.
    I am very bad for eating later in the evening, so I found that if I try to get most of my points used up before 6pm and then I tend not to overdo it in the evenings. It's making a huge difference to how I feel even in the morning as I guess I'm not storing the fat throughout the night.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement