Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

gronja wrote: »
    Is it just me or are the activity points quite low on this new programme? Seems like a lot of effort for little gain. I suppose it encourages you to make sure that you stick to your daily/weekly propoints allowance and not just do more exercise so that you can eat more. Would like to hear your thoughts.

there actually exactly the same as the old system. even the text to describe them on the ww site is the same text as the old sytem. its the stress and effort it puts on your body....exactly same as old sytem like its walking on treadmill i do, so 60 mins walking old system 6pt and 60 mins new system 6pp

but with the new system....activity doesnt count for as much as in the old sytem over all...cos ppl are eating extra now that fruit is 0pp and with the weeklies.... i

activity is just a bonus...adds to my health my fitness and inch loss...its eating right is more important....not just eating weeklies for the sake of blowing them...but spending them on nutritious healthy food cos your actually hungery and require the food!

off to make bran muffins....havent been doing as well this week as i did last week! had bran muffins last week.....none this week...so making them NOW so i have them to start tomorrow with game plan!

Quiche thing for lunch

Quorn Lasagne for Dinner!

Pear Bran Muffins for snacks!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Down 3lbs :D

Makes the effort during the week worth it, hopefully can keep it up this week too. Going to do the shopping tommorow and stock up on point friendly food and do some cooking for the week.

Can anyone recommend a pizza thats low in points?.. Maybe they don't exist :o

What I do for my lunch somedays is get a pitta, cut it in half, put a little bit of tomato puree, some cheese (weighed and pointed of course!!), a little bit of pesto, onion and then I chop up a mini pepperami (only 1 point!) and put it on the top. Stick it under the grill until the cheese is melted and you will get a yummy pizza. Of course it's only the size of a pitta bread but you have two because it was cut in half, load up on salad and eat it with a knife and fork and you have a lovely lunch!! Of course you can use any type of topping you want, my mum uses ham and my leader uses bacon medallions!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Caros wrote: »
    Ya walking can be monotonous but if you vary your routes it's grand. I have about 5 different routes I take depending on time available and whether I'm working that day or not.

Monife how did the wedding dress shopping go hun?

It went good. I think I found "the dress". It's €875 though :eek: without alterations and veil etc but my mam said she will pay for it :) Some of the shops we went to were awful and the size 18 wouldnt even fit but the shop I found the dress in had a great selection :)

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

for my pizzas i get the Napolina bases in dunnes two in a box work out at 23 propoints the I put passatta ao the base and loads of mushrooms and peppers and onions then i get 100g ww 5 pp and devide it over the two i cook both and slice in half eat one and freeze 3 I eat it with loads of salad and soup if cold

7pp per half

sometimes when heating the other ones i might put some pineapple and 1pp worth of ham on it or half a pack of aldi chicken tikka for 2 pp yum yum...they are a great standbuy for me ...now whenthe kids have a pizza i pop one of mine in with in

I also use the aldi light garlic slices 2pp each or 5 ppfor 2
    the tesco ones are 3pp each or 5ppp for two

pizza, garlic bread and salad 9pp yum yum yum

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

WI tonight! Have had a really good week, or at least I feel like it's a really good week. I limited the amount of bananas down to 1 for the whole week :eek:, limited the amount of treats I had, tried to eat healthier and more filling foods during the day and also earned 21pp in activity points. Haven't used all my weeklies either :D So everyone, cross fingers and toes for me that I will be down! :D

Have a lovely dinner lined up for tonight - Ostrich Steak and BNS Chips! Might have some normal chips too cos the Ostrich Steak is only 5pp for 200grams!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 gem2011

Had my wi last night and was down 2.5lbs, was so delighted. Didn't think I had lost anything as had a sneaky check on my own scales and they weren't showing anything. So 9.5lbs gone, want to get to my first stone before my holiday in 4 weeks so I think that's doable :), fingers crossed anyway!

I also tried cous cous for the first time at home last night and I loved it! I used half a vegetable stock cube, a pinch of chilli powder and a pinch of fenugreek with it and it was delicious :pac:. Mixed loads of veg in with it then, it was so filling that I could only eat half so I have the other half for my lunch today, it is definitely going to be my new go to thing for dinners! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Gem you gave me some hope! well done!

I have my WI this morning had a sneaky one when I got up and its not showing any thing either so we shall see later I guess :)

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Well done everyone on all the great losses I've been reading about.

Monife, glad the dress search went well. I remember getting mine (nearly 12 years ago now) & it's still hanging in the wardrobe! I tried it on recently, just to see if I could get back into it - and I could.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭flamelily

morning all :) I have my WI today and my scales this morning weren't looking good :( but tis TOTM so feeling bloated and bleh :mad: am hoping for STS at least but will see.......

Great news on your little girl Aspie Mom, it is always soooo hard when you are waiting for assessments!!! Thanks for the info on the pizza have seen those bases and never pointed them. I love pizza, but avoid it cause its points heavy never thought to make my own toppings ..... so now tonites shopping list includes wraps, couscous and pizza bases :) this thread really is the dogs pyjamas!!!!

delighted that you found your dress Monife :) some wedding dress shops can be super-snooty and dress sizes well dodgy which is annoying!!! but then again dress sizes in ireland are annoying no two shops seem to carry the same size plan!!! I am now a 14 in some shops but still a 16 elsewhere :mad:

• Advertisement

flamelily wrote: »
    but then again dress sizes in ireland are annoying no two shops seem to carry the same size plan!!! I am now a 14 in some shops but still a 16 elsewhere :mad:

Even more fustrating when it is the same shop! Was in Penny's the other day, tried on one skirt in a size 10 (:eek::D:D:D:D:D), then another in a size 12 and the 10 fitted grand but the 12, I really had to suck in to get the zip up! Ok so the 10 had an elastic waistband but still the 12 should have been bigger! I'm normally a size 12, but I so bought the size 10 skirt just because I fit into it :p:D:D:D:D:D I have NEVER fit into a size 10 in my life! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭kc83

Yippeeeee down 2.5lbs. Worked my bum off with exercise this week! With all my ups and downs the last few weeks Im finally at my lightest sice joining!!
    Only 2 stone to go now!!

bit of a slip last night....had home made scones, and fruit cake (with jam)

but u know what....feel so sick this more...so bloated and ick....just hope i can resolve this bloated problem before WI saturday..

been eating kinda extra healthy....and throw a load of rich scones on top of it...my body is like AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

So thats why went off at 12 o clock at night and made batch of bran muffins...bit of extra fibre!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

Hi All.
    haven't been posting for a while but I had to get the word out.
    I nearly collasped with shock. One of the gold members in my class decided to point a scone from her local cafe. It wasn't a particulary big scone sort of medium sized. It worked work at 20 propoints. :eek:

5 propoints per 50 g and this weighed 200g ie 20 propoints.

Slaygal wrote: »
    Hi All.
    haven't been posting for a while but I had to get the word out.
    I nearly collasped with shock. One of the gold members in my class decided to point a scone from her local cafe. It wasn't a particulary big scone sort of medium sized. It worked work at 20 propoints. :eek:

5 propoints per 50 g and this weighed 200g ie 20 propoints.

dried fruit, full fat milk or buttermilk used to make them. eggs. full fat
    butter...depending on the recipe.

i know my mum uses flora light and semi skimmed milk making hers....she just uses whats in the fridge...

she refuses to bake with skimmed milk...."that fecking stuff is expensive im not throwing it into cakes"

no cofffee today...just water water water...i think i have been lapsing on the water this week aswell...its been freaking cold!
    And i've been doing alot of practice for my theory tests...my eyes going gaga from road signs!

Question....would it be really uptight of me to bring a a little bottle of salad dressing on hols with me in few weeks? like a mini coke bottle in my bag and when i eat out use my own salad dressing? I just dont want to fall into bad habits on the weekend away...it'll all be pub grub and take out...we're camping!

i'm bring few packets of ryvita, cous cous, coffee, sweetner tabs, soups, and maybe some bran muffins...and a flash and travel mugs :) Also have camping stove to boil own water....so if all else fails....cous cous and soup for dinner!

We have this really cute freezerbag backpack which opens up into picnic set...plates, REAL cutlery, plastic wine glasses, chopping board it holds two flasks of boiling water...

Also getting this really cool sleeping bag...which has built in mattress and pillow from TESCO :D I could have really done with that for college! i buggered my back up something awful trying to sleep on floors after nights out! :D

Also must get pair of walking boots/shoes. Dont want to use my treadmill runners over thee.

its Cape Clear, lil gealtach island off west cork :D its only 3 miles long....was hoping to do a 2 day bird watching trek while i was there but its all booked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭LinK3

I heard a tip I think is great.. If you want a chocolate bar or a piece of cake, think of the points for each as euro and ask yourself , will I spend 6 or 7 euro on that.. Likely answer.... No way!!!!

In other news I had a non scales victory... My tightest size 12 that I couldn't do up when I started 9 weeks ago is feeling... Dare I say it... Loose-ish;)

LinK3 wrote: »
    I heard a tip I think is great.. If you want a chocolate bar or a piece of cake, think of the points for each as euro and ask yourself , will I spend 6 or 7 euro on that.. Likely answer.... No way!!!!

In other news I had a non scales victory... My tightest size 12 that I couldn't do up when I started 9 weeks ago is feeling... Dare I say it... Loose-ish;)

yeah just imagine your in a really expensive country...shouldnt be hard to do...it is ireland...

you got 29 euro a day to eat....a bar of chocolate is 7 euro.....or a salad is free...

Off note.....just got an email.....20% off Evans Purchases online when you spend over £40 (uk...but they ship to ireland)

may need to get a few bras....mine are all too big.....i look like i'm playing dressy up!

and THIS site has shape ups at a GREAT price...compared to high street shops

And oxendales have added a "value buy" section! there prices have come down....thank GOD! cos i need a few key bits....to get me by

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

Had WI this a.m. and very very pleased with a 3lb loss, total of 18 1/2 pounds gone now :D Would love to get my 10% next week but I'm probably pushing it with a weekend away.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Dublin25

WI last night and I STS! I'm beyond disappointed. :( Before anyone says it, yes i know its better than being up and i'm grateful not to be up but still disappointed.

I kept to my points, and only used half my weeklies - should i be using all my weeklies?
    I did have chinese twice last weekend but i kept it all within my points and didn't use many weeklies on it. Couldn't be this?
    I started doing the early morning gym sessions too this week, although didn't think they would show just yet but possibly help a bit.

I'm sooo trying to remain positive and after a bit of a slip last night, i'm on the wagon from this morning. The WI just seems to have knocked me for six.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

Ok so making scrambled eggs...my toddler just called them strangled eggs!!! Anyway, should I take out the yellows?

• Advertisement

Dublin25 wrote: »
    WI last night and I STS! I'm beyond disappointed. :( Before anyone says it, yes i know its better than being up and i'm grateful not to be up but still disappointed.

I kept to my points, and only used half my weeklies - should i be using all my weeklies?
    I did have chinese twice last weekend but i kept it all within my points and didn't use many weeklies on it. Couldn't be this?
    I started doing the early morning gym sessions too this week, although didn't think they would show just yet but possibly help a bit.

I'm sooo trying to remain positive and after a bit of a slip last night, i'm on the wagon from this morning. The WI just seems to have knocked me for six.

it prob was the Chinese....i do not trust the the points for them at all....cos every Chinese is different....every portion varies from place to place...

so put it down to the chinese take outs and lesson learnt! as you said your self...you werent up...thats the main thing.

Ok so making scrambled eggs...my toddler just called them strangled eggs!!! Anyway, should I take out the yellows?

thats totally up to you....

1 egg white is 0pp
    2 egg whites are 1pp

1 whole egg + 2 egg whites = 3pp

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭flamelily

LOL :D my toddler calls them 'scrangled eggies' they are so cute when they come up with their own interpretation of words!!! to be honest I don't bother to remove the yokes.....tis the part of the egg I like and scrambled eggs just doesn't taste right without it!! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 shazza_90

Dublin25 wrote: »

i know how you feel, same thing happened me yesterday and i was up half a pound and i fell off the wagon all day yesterday but got back on the wagon this morning and went for a 5km jog in 40min and skipping for ten mins, it was great and did me the world of gud, i also wrote down in my tracker bad day tomorrow is goin to be better and i think it helped me, try it, plan 4 ur meals for the week, thats my new strategy to revive myself

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

Down 2lbs so the long week end gain of 1.5 is fixed ...:D

Am getting my splints next week from the dentist so that means I can get back exercising I have two more WI's to make my next target of FIFTY POUNDS ( 4 pounds to go) by July first fingers crossed and mouth closed and living on on the CrossTrainer should do it......

please lord help me be good:eek:

fofany wrote: »
    Well done everyone on all the great losses I've been reading about.

Monife, glad the dress search went well. I remember getting mine (nearly 12 years ago now) & it's still hanging in the wardrobe! I tried it on recently, just to see if I could get back into it - and I could.

I remember getting mine as well, it would'nt fit but I made my daughters christening out fit out of it :D
    shazza_90 wrote: »
    i know how you feel, same thing happened me yesterday and i was up half a pound and i fell off the wagon all day yesterday but got back on the wagon this morning and went for a 5km jog in 40min and skipping for ten mins, it was great and did me the world of gud, i also wrote down in my tracker bad day tomorrow is goin to be better and i think it helped me, try it, plan 4 ur meals for the week, thats my new strategy to revive myself

Im doing the same planning my meals and my hubbys he ate 4 ham and cheeses sambos for lunch yesterday :eek: I had a healthy wrap lol

I was down 0.5 today! Im happy with that as long as I see a loss

Mother of all pressure migrains....i can feel the fecking thunder coming in....just way to close my eyes and listen to the tv...thank god did so much cooking yesterday cos i'm in no mood for cooking/baking today!

Fingers crossed for staying the same....cos i'm just feeling so rotton and heavy...my little fruit cake and scone slip up has me in bits...so bloated...feel like i've eaten a loaf of bread!

god only knows the pp of my mums fruit cake....the booze alone in it would get ya hammered....grand marnier + brandy! plus all the dried fruit and glace cherries...and ground hazelnut! Oh jesus....i'm never eating it again....haha!

an the idiots out in the garden keep tripping the power in the house!

i get a lil cranky when i have migrains!

Try having a can of coke, Lainy! Not the diet stuff, the real deal! I find that, with a migraine, a can of coke and a few solpadeine or ponstan work wonders! If the pain in your head is that bad, it'll be worth the 4pp! Failing that - painkillers, dark room, sleep! :)

Oh I hear you Lainy I had an awful one last night and still there this morning its only eased after the heavy rain started and we just had some thunder as well but try the painkiller route and a dark room if its not easing!

• Advertisement

Lainy I forgot, yea I would bring some of my own salad dressing with me! I will prob do that my self as well when we go away, although they do have cooking facilities in the camp site and in the yurts not sure about the Tipi are you bringing your own tent! or sleeping in one of theres! we plan on doing all our own cooking but I think I will wait and only bring a few things we may not get while there, and buy food from the shop I figure they prob need the business more that the main land! Im living for it! but if you are only going for a weekend its nice to be able to eat out! sure with all the walking it might even it self out!

if you keep a look out there sales on in walking boots in the outdoor shops I want to get good rain gear and leggins for us all and walking boots for the kids I have some all ready as before the baby we did a lot of hill walking :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement