Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Hey everyone, been ridiculously busy in work this week.
    One girl is constantly out sick :rolleyes: and a few people on hols, so am under fierce pressure!

Didn't go to WI yesterday, cldnt fit it in.
    I'm finding it really difficult to focus, I've just been going through the motions for the last two months I'd say and not really losing anything.
    But I now have only two pairs of work trousers that look anyway decent on me. I've about three pairs that are hanging off and even belts don't help.

Going to go for a run tonight and hopefully that will kick start a good week for me. Going to Take That on saturday night, my friend got us tickets at the last minute. We might be staying in Dublin afterwards, so I'll save my weeklies for a few drinks. If not, i'll offer to drive so at least that way I won't be going mental on points.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

Does anyone watch the Irish come dine with me? I think the WW leader on it is giving ww a bad rep with her constant remarks about fat and calories,its hard enough to convince people that people on ww can lead a normal life without her constant giving out about what she was eating.
    Why go on a show like that if you dont want to be eating any high point food like its a week of eating a 3 course dinner.The people that knock the ww system will now think that we are all a miserable shower the whole time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

harr wrote: »
    Does anyone watch the Irish come dine with me? I think the WW leader on it is giving ww a bad rep with her constant remarks about fat and calories,its hard enough to convince people that people on ww can lead a normal life without her constant giving out about what she was eating.
    Why go on a show like that if you dont want to be eating any high point food like its a week of eating a 3 course dinner.The people that knock the ww system will now think that we are all a miserable shower the whole time.

thats why i refused to watch it....my mum watched it...said she came accross as right wet blanket and bit of a cow.

well at least i've got my water in. i'm peeing non stop....couldnt face the treadmill with this headache!

Good night sleep is what i need!

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭unknowngirl!!

Completely agree.. She is really going over the top remarking on everything to the others. Even if she wanted to avoid certain elements of some of the courses she could be discreet and keep it to herself.

On the otherhand it does seem to be her personality and she's a bit rude all the time. She's not doing herself any favours..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Come dine with me, I haven't seen it that's awful, wonder what she will cook on her night!

I was compiling my recipes have loads saved all over the place on the computer but I found some yummy pizza recipes

Grilled pizza with sausage, onion and capsicum (pepper)
    ProPoints™ Value: 9
    Servings: 4
    Preparation Time: 10 min
    Cooking Time: 15 min
    Level of Difficulty: Easy
    Ingredients

1 medium green capsicum, deseeded,cut into thin strips
    1 tsp dried oregano
    80 g reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
    4 individual wholemeal pita bread
    2 thin pork sausage, raw, (100g) 1 medium red onion, cut into thin wedges
    6 Tbsp tomato-based pasta sauce Instructions

• Preheat a grill on high. Place the sausage, onion and capsicum under the preheated grill and cook for 5 minutes each side or until both sausages and vegetables are golden and cooked through. Remove from the grill and set aside to cool a little. When cool enough to handle, slice sausages thinly and set aside.
    • To prepare the pizzas: Place 2 tablespoons of sauce on each pitta bread. Sprinkle each with 1/4 teaspoon of the dried oregano and top with 1/4 of the sausage and vegetable mixture. Sprinkle each pizza with 20g grated cheese
    • Place the pizzas under the grill, or as many as will fit at one time. Cook for approximately 5 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Rotate pizzas and cook for a further 2-3 minutes, or unil cheese is bubbling and slightly golden.
    Notes

• You can always change the pizza toppings according to what's in the fridge. Try bacon and mushroom, then top with either fresh basil or rocket leaves after the pizzas have been grilled. This will keep both the flavours and texture fresh.

• Advertisement

Smoked chicken pizza

ProPoints™ Value: 13
    Servings: 4
    Preparation Time: 5 min
    Cooking Time: 10 min
    Level of Difficulty: Easy

A super-easy pizza made with pita bread, smoked chicken breast, and creamy bocconcini cheese.

Ingredients

4 individual wholemeal pita bread
    125 g tomato-based pasta sauce, 1/2 cup
    230 g smoked lean chicken breast, (2 small breast), thinly sliced
    140 g Always Fresh , Tomatoes, Semi-Dried, (2/3 cup), sliced
    100 g Always Fresh , Olives, Kalamata, Pitted, (2/3 cup), halved
    150 g bocconcini, thinly sliced 100 g rocket leaves Instructions

• Preheat oven to 220°C. Place a large baking tray in the preheated oven to heat for 5 minutes.
    • Spread the tomato pasta sauce over each pita bread. Top each with a quarter of the chicken, tomatoes, olives and bocconcini. Place pizzas on preheated tray and bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbling and the base is crisp.
    • Cut each pizza into quarters, top with some rocket and serve immediately.

Think it could be tweaked for a lower pp option! I have loads of stir fry recipes and a lassange one as well I will see if I can attach the file instead of posting individual recipes if any one wants them
    --

1. Traffic light skewers: Try red and green grapes, threaded onto skewers with banana and fresh strawberries.
    2. Tropical fruit salad: Roughly chop mango, pineapple, honeydew melon and spoon passionfruit on top.
    3. Snack plate: Halve one fresh fig, then add two dates and a handful of cranberries as a filling snack.
    4. Cherry delight: A bowl full of cherries (fresh or defrosted) is the ideal no-fuss afternoon tummy tamer.
    5. Berry compote: Try a bowl of strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and blackberries with a scoop of low-fat vanilla ice-cream for 5 ProPoints values.
    6. Breakfast bliss: Top your favourite cereal with chopped peaches and stewed rhubarb for a satisfying start.
    7. Must-try salad: Toss a sliced peach or nectarine through a salad of mixed greens, feta and prosciutto.
    8. Pear perfection: Try cinnamon poached pears with 100ml of NESTLÉ DIET Yogurt for only 1 ProPoints value.
    9. Icy treat: Blend fresh pineapple, lime juice plus orange juice, then freeze for healthy ice blocks – you only need to count the ProPoints of the juice.
    10. Drink up: Chop and blend apple, watermelon and raspberries.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 oat

Down 1lb. Happy with that.

web site with loads of recipes, the nutitional values are at the bottum so you can work out the PP :)
    http://www.gofor2and5.com.au/recipes.aspx?c=3&a=16&n=167&rl=175

sorry for all the posts LOL

I agree with what your saying, but she's probably been edited to sound like that.
    was anyone else disappointed when she described herself as a lecturer in health and nutrition or something like that when they were trying to guess each others occupations on the first night.
    Will be interesting to see what she cooks tonight.

I'm definately going to try that chorizo soup some time, it sounded lovely. Won't use the whole things tho! Can you imagine the points in that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

She's a very bad advertisement for Weight watchers, so much so that she didn't even tell the other contestants she was a WW leader, she's a "lecturer in diet and nutrition". The whole ethos of WW, in my opinion, is that you can eat everything in moderation but this lady goes over the top when there's anything "bad" put in front of her. She has lost about 6 1/2 stone with the program and fair dues to her but talk about an anti fat zealot!
    I believe WW is workable for everyone and the reason it can be successful is that it allows people to cook nice foods at home, eat out at restaurants and in other people's homes without falling off the wagon. Because something high in calories/points is on one's plate does not mean one has to lick the plate clean.
    Interesting to see what she dishes up tonight.

Baby75 wrote: »
    Lainy I forgot, yea I would bring some of my own salad dressing with me! I will prob do that my self as well when we go away, although they do have cooking facilities in the camp site and in the yurts not sure about the Tipi are you bringing your own tent! or sleeping in one of theres! we plan on doing all our own cooking but I think I will wait and only bring a few things we may not get while there, and buy food from the shop I figure they prob need the business more that the main land! Im living for it! but if you are only going for a weekend its nice to be able to eat out! sure with all the walking it might even it self out!

if you keep a look out there sales on in walking boots in the outdoor shops I want to get good rain gear and leggins for us all and walking boots for the kids I have some all ready as before the baby we did a lot of hill walking :)

We're staying in tipi and bringing camping stove and saucepan...so at the very least...we'll be starting the day with a cup of coffee....and fill flasks for the day. We're just going for two nights. end of july now...was ment to be August.

Ordered a new pair of hiking boots today...90 euro down to 30 euro....plus i ha 15 euro voucher off! WOO! they'll be here next week and i'll have a few weeks to break them in.....

Right...back to road signs....so many to learn...especially when my head is pounding!

kildareash wrote: »
    I agree with what your saying, but she's probably been edited to sound like that.
    was anyone else disappointed when she described herself as a lecturer in health and nutrition or something like that when they were trying to guess each others occupations on the first night.

I'm definately going to try that chorizo soup some time, it sounded lovely. Won't use the whole things tho! Can you imagine the points in that!

Oh yes, a lecturer!!!

Yes, no doubt her comments have been edited to show the most controversial, but they can't replace some of the utter tripe she comes out with.

kildareash wrote: »

I am sure that the they edited it for maximum affect put she still makes stupid comments about what she was eating,it should be good on her night lets hope she makes some lovely food that is low fat and not just all salads or stir frys,just to prove that low fat food can taste good and still be healthy, yes what was the story with calling her self a lecturer :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 ManInTheMiddle

go the gym and don't mind the corporation that is WW. It works but for proper results chillax on the fats and move more. Simple and easy......

Caros wrote: »
    Oh yes, a lecturer!!!

Yes, no doubt her comments have been edited to show the most controversial, but they can't replace some of the utter tripe she comes out with.

Great minds think a like!haha!

I just take shows like that with a pinch of salt. Can you imagine the hours of filming they do in a day for 30 minutes? God only knows what else she could be saying, but because she's a WW leader, they're going to portray her like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Down 0.5lb. Bit annoyed as it is only the 1/2lb lost that I gained last week. But in a good way, I think it has given me a proper kick up the a*se. I am sick of what I have been doing the last couple of months. I need to start putting some real effort back into this. So going to try and exercise at least 3 (if not more) days this week. Will be at my Dads for Saturday and Sunday so might not get anything done then. Also going to have chicken salad for dinner tomorrow and fruit salad for breakfast for the weekdays.

Now back to catch up on the days posts :)

go the gym and don't mind the corporation that is WW. It works but for proper results chillax on the fats and move more. Simple and easy......

Indeed it is that easy for a lot of people but currently I need the discipline of the weekly meeting of WW, I will use whatever tools I need to help me achieve my goal to ultimately be healthier and currently WW is working for me, currently that tool is working so I'm happy with that at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Indeed it is that easy for a lot of people but currently I need the discipline of the weekly meeting of WW, I will use whatever tools I need to help me achieve my goal to ultimately be healthier and currently WW is working for me, currently that tool is working so I'm happy with that at the moment.

+1 on that.
    She's a very bad advertisement for Weight watchers, so much so that she didn't even tell the other contestants she was a WW leader, she's a "lecturer in diet and nutrition". The whole ethos of WW, in my opinion, is that you can eat everything in moderation but this lady goes over the top when there's anything "bad" put in front of her. She has lost about 6 1/2 stone with the program and fair dues to her but talk about an anti fat zealot!
    I believe WW is workable for everyone and the reason it can be successful is that it allows people to cook nice foods at home, eat out at restaurants and in other people's homes without falling off the wagon. Because something high in calories/points is on one's plate does not mean one has to lick the plate clean.

I went to a different meeting tonight in the WW head office in Swords and the leader there said that the WW woman on Come Dine with me was told not to say that she is a WW leader and had to sign something to say that she would not endorse WW on the show. Just like if a person that worked in AIB was on it, couldnt say they worked there, would have to say they are a banker or financial advisor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 senmum

Have been a viewer of this post for the last few weeks and it has been such a help to me so thanks everyone!!

I have recently joined WW and have lost 8.5lbs so far. I think the PP system is good as it encourages you to eat plenty of fruit and veg which is no bad thing

Can anyone tell me how many PP in a packet of Chipsticks and Chocolate M&M's? I am aware that they are not the best I could be eating but I want to treat myself on sat night and will use my weeklies....

• Advertisement

senmum wrote: »
    Have been a viewer of this post for the last few weeks and it has been such a help to me so thanks everyone!!

I have recently joined WW and have lost 8.5lbs so far. I think the PP system is good as it encourages you to eat plenty of fruit and veg which is no bad thing

Can anyone tell me how many PP in a packet of Chipsticks and Chocolate M&M's? I am aware that they are not the best I could be eating but I want to treat myself on sat night and will use my weeklies....

If you have the WW calculator or even the wheel you can calculate the points yourself.

was impressed with the WW ladies menu on come dine with me and will defo be making that desert it looked yum and the dressing with the starter.

http://www.tv3.ie/article.php?article_id=59898&locID=1.65.652

was impressed with the WW ladies menu on come dine with me and will defo be making that desert it looked yum and the dressing with the starter.

http://www.tv3.ie/article.php?article_id=59898&locID=1.65.652

Ya, not a bad menu at all tonight, liked the caesar salad dressing too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Bennylicious

Eimhear is a fantastic leader. The way she comes across on the programme has to be the result of editing. She wrote on the cdwmi facebook page that she was not allowed to mention weightwatchers on the programme, that's why she called herself a lecturer in nutrition and health.
    She is not an anti-fat zealot, she's as human as the rest of us. At meetings she sometimes mentions having her 'bad' days, just like the rest of us have.
    She is always giving us fantastic recipes for all sorts of meals and snacks, another leader said Eimhear is called upon often by HQ to give cookery demos to other leaders.
    The queue at the meeting I go to is always out the door, with every chair at the talk taken and people standing at the back.
    She's very motivational and never judges!

Eimhear is a fantastic leader. The way she comes across on the programme has to be the result of editing. She wrote on the cdwmi facebook page that she was not allowed to mention weightwatchers on the programme, that's why she called herself a lecturer in nutition and health.
    She is not an anti-fat zealot, she's as human as the rest of us. At meetings she sometimes mentions having her 'bad' days, just like the rest of us have.
    She is always giving us fantastic recipes for all sorts of meals and snacks, another leader said Eimhear is called upon often by HQ to give cookery demos to other leaders.
    The queue at the meeting I go to is always out the door, with every chair at the talk taken and people standing at the back.

yeah i partly guess she wasn't allowed to openly refer to ww. and being in the nutriton/dieting industry in these kinda shows is always going to stir up ratings...and drama.

i think they created all they hype all week to boost ratings...and it prob worked. Its TV....they have to create a villan...i havent been watching it...but watched tonight....she didnt seem that bad...it is all editing....key phrases out of context

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭flamelily

well had my WI tonite.....and I stayed the same :( which I know is ok considering that its TOTM for me :mad: but a little corner of my heart was disappointed cause I was sooo good all week....but onwards and downwards and tomorrow is a new week!!!! :D

does anyone have the points for Dominos pizza, work is providing pizza to celebrate our office move on monday and I want to go in knowing how many points are in each slice, that way I can avoid it where possible :D I find I can avoid things once I know how many ppts are in em !!!!

didn't watch Come Dine With Me as I heard it was a bit rubbish, will have a look at the menu link posted though to see what she made

PIZZA ATTACHED

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭flamelily

Thanks Lainy you are a star :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 25 cailin_milis

Hi folks. I've been following this thread for a long time now and love all the tips and hints. I registered tonight especially to respond to the Come Dine With Me discussion. I'm also one of Eimhear's members and she's a fantastic leader. I've also heard that she had to agree not to mention Weightwatchers or endorse their products. It just show how effective editing can be in shaping our perceptions of people.

Thanks to her tasty low fat recipes and cooking ideas I've lost over 9 and a half stone and reached my goal weight - something I'd never dreamed possible. I wouldn't have considered her a lecturer... maybe a guru! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Well personally I think calling yourself a health and nutrition lecturer when you're a WW leader is a BIIIGGG stretch. Fair enough she may not have been allowed to mention WW, but there's other things she could have called herself but it's funny how it's been advertised as her being a WW leader and also how Dave Lamb mentions it at every second breath? Yes editing is involved, and I'm not saying she's not a good leader but lets get real here, someone whether they're doing WW or not going on about fats, and calories all the time is really annoying and you end up coming across as a food nazi, she did herself no favors going on the show, or for ppl on WW or WW as a whole and really and truly if ppl want to defend her I say head on over to the reality TV forum that's what it's there for don't let our thread come into the defend Eimhear thread I thank you!

So well done everyone on the losses some fab ones on here and Aspie's mum I'm delighted for your news on your Daughter :)

Monife well done on the dress shopping & shoelover size 10?!! WOW i'd be thrilled too fair play to you missus! :D

So some non scales victories for me today! :D had a check up at my Dr's and i've had blood pressure issues in the past and it's one of the reasons I've decided to lose weight, high blood pressure at 30 when there's a serious history of heart problems in the family do not make for a good relationship! ANyway while my BP is not low or even normal per se it's way down from what it was and I didn't have to lie there for an hour this time to get it rechecked ...... thats what normally happens they take it, it seems high, they take it again, it's still high, they get me to lie down on the bed for 20 mins and take it again to see if it's come down if not another 20mins and so on and so forth, my Dr puts it down to my job, it's very high stress but I'm sure my weight contributes!

Anyway back on point my BP was way down and it meant I didn't have to be fitted with a BP monitor and I was chatting to the practice nurse and she decided to check all my stats including a WI .....i was freaking a bit cos it was evening my wi is in the morning & I needed to pee and i was wearing heavy clothes! LOL anyway I told her i'd lost 10 kilos (22 pounds ) since the last time I saw her at the end of January and she was thrilled for me and was so complimentary, we ended up chatting for about 20 mins and she was so nice and supportive and couldn't get over my motivation, I told her why I was doing it and why I took the decision, I knew if I stayed the way I was going and if I'd have gone today having not started this Journey it would only be a matter of time before she or the Dr would suggest 'I lose a bit of weight' and how I didn't want that and I wanted to do it for myself etc.

So my WI is normally tomorrow morning but I'm switching it up to Saturday so one more day of being good and hopefully it shows on the scales! I also managed to get back from the Dr's and get out for my 5k walk between rain showers and I made dinner from scratch and finally got to sit down for the first time all day at 8.30 to eat it and relax, i'm now catching up on my sky planner. It's been a good week alot of exercise and i've stayed within points not eaten any activity points and still have 15 weeklies :) ......a glass of Red after work tomorrow I think! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement