Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭LinK3

Ah flip, a pound up, again! It seems like one step forward, two steps back!!! I should have had the Chinese I craved last night.. Really fed up now:(

• Registered Users Posts: 48 kareno.carlow

LinK3 wrote: »
    Ah flip, a pound up, again! It seems like one step forward, two steps back!!! I should have had the Chinese I craved last night.. Really fed up now:(

Ah I hate when you get stuck in a rut, are you near goal? It's so difficult to lose weight near goal. Otherwise maybe it would be a good idea to maybe try a change of exercise/diet to get things going again? I was the same for a while but have recently started circuit training and that seems to make a difference. I think our bodies can get used to a certain way and level out otherwise. Know how you feel tho, very frustrating.

Another tip is to really watch any 'extras' you know little nibbles here and there that add up. Like today my nephew was complaining bout the cheese on his pizza so I took it off and had eaten it before i realised what I was doing! :rolleyes:

Ah I hate when you get stuck in a rut, are you near goal? It's so difficult to lose weight near goal. Otherwise maybe it would be a good idea to maybe try a change of exercise/diet to get things going again? I was the same for a while but have recently started circuit training and that seems to make a difference. I think our bodies can get used to a certain way and level out otherwise. Know how you feel tho, very frustrating.

Another tip is to really watch any 'extras' you know little nibbles here and there that add up. Like today my nephew was complaining bout the cheese on his pizza so I took it off and had eaten it before i realised what I was doing! :rolleyes:

I don't pick though!! I'm anal when it comes to portions and counting everything going in!! Admittedly I haven't exercised at all since I started Ww this time around... I work from 8.30 til 6.45 everyday, in a sweetshop(this sounds bad) and I'm running around all day.. The jars all weigh up to 4 kilos, there's over 200 and I swear I've biceps since starting there!! Im constantly lifting them all down, putting them all up, cleaning 40+ shelves! When I get home I'm too wrecked to go walking, and I want to spend some time with kids and husband! The leader said maybe my totm but i don't get them anymore since hysterectomy, but she said I'll still gain every month... We'll see next week...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Had my WI today, was a bit nervous, it's only my third week and I didn't lose anything last week.

Weighed in at 10am last week and 5 pm today so my leader said there may be an extra pound in the evening.....

I lost a pound and a half! Pretty pleased with that, it's not amazing but a loss is a loss. I've been finding it hard to use all my points but I have upped my activity (Gillian Michaels DVD - pure torture but an amazing work out!) and my water intake.

So total weight loss is four pounds. Not great for three weeks but better than nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Grannie Annie

I'm still lurking about reading all your posts and wishing I was as motivated or half as motivated as you all. I just can't seem to kick start myself. I go to bed every night telling myself i'll start tomorrow and every morining I wake up thinking what I'll eat today that I shouldn't eat and that I'll really start the following day. I know that sounds weird but that is how it is. The more I tell myself I have to cop on the more I stuff into my face!! Carbs, Carbs, Carbs!!!!! Feel very low at the moment and hate myself.
    Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

I'm still lurking about reading all your posts and wishing I was as motivated or half as motivated as you all. I just can't seem to kick start myself. I go to bed every night telling myself i'll start tomorrow and every morining I wake up thinking what I'll eat today that I shouldn't eat and that I'll really start the following day. I know that sounds weird but that is how it is. The more I tell myself I have to cop on the more I stuff into my face!! Carbs, Carbs, Carbs!!!!! Feel very low at the moment and hate myself.
    Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Start now! When you start off having a bad day it's so easy to say well I'll just eat this and this and then I'll eat heathily for the rest of the week. What you need to do is say "ok so I had a bad breakfast and lunch and maybe even dinner, but that's not an excuse. Because I treated myself today I won't have that biscuit with my tea, I won't drink the can of coke with my dinner, I won't have dessert etc."

I'm overweight, obese in fact because losing weight was always something that would happen in my future, but not today. My breaking point was reaching a size 20, I hate trying on clothes, not being able to shop in certain places. Find something that motivates you - a picture of the body, a special outfit for your goal size etc.

At the end of the day, we can offer you advice but it's down to you to put in the effort! Start today! You can do it, I'm sure of it x

And another thing, maybe it's just me but I find if I eat crap food, I crave crap food. But now that I've been making more sensible food choices I don't crave the sugary stuff I used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭unknowngirl!!

Well done to everyone on the losses!

I've my WI tomorrow.. Not sure how it will go! I went to the gym everyday and stuck to my points everyday except Saturday. (My boyfriend was home and only get to see him for a weekend once every few months so made an exception!) We split a chow mein so I suppose it wasn't the worst thing I could have eaten..

I made a pizza type thing after all the suggestions. I used a wrap as the base, passata, mushroom, onion, peppers, and low fat cheese. It was delicious and only 5pp! I had it over 2 days with salad so only 2.5 pp per day, will definitely be doing it again this week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

lizt wrote: »
    And another thing, maybe it's just me but I find if I eat crap food, I crave crap food. But now that I've been making more sensible food choices I don't crave the sugary stuff I used to.

Agree with you there Liz, the more crap you eat the more you crave it, it's like your head knows "this is bad" but somehow you can't stop your mouth shoveling it in- the thing is you can, for me I find I just don't have it in the house and if it ain't there I can't eat it, every day I plan out tomorrow's lunch and dinner, well actually I have a fair idea on a Friday evening when I do the shopping what I'm having for the week. I write tomorrow's lunch and dinner in the tracker with their points along side and then as I have the meals I tick off the points.

Grannie Annie, If you have a bad day or decide to opt out of intensive tracking like I did this past weekend you just have to brush yourself down and start again that very day, not wait for the next weigh in or whatever, DO IT NOW, start planning, start tracking and start feeling good about it. it's amazing the difference it will make to your life. I went walking today with the dog and then this eve again with OH and dog - believe me this is so unusual for me pre WW - (a) I wouldn't have had the energy, (b) I'd have made some excuse to opt out cos it was raining or something. Since starting WW almost 9 weeks ago I am a bundle of energy - I've a ways to go yet before I could do a marathon or fit into a size 12 but there is no comparison to the unhealthy, unfit and yes, fat person I was. You just have to START and then take it from there. Like someone said the biggest journey begins with a single step. Take that step NOW!

Tnks Lizt your so right I know I have to do it myself. To be honest when I can motivate myself I am very strict it's just the starting and the waiting for some visible result that is the problem.
    I will weigh myself in the morning and start from there. I had a bad winter with family problems and returned to study so comforted myself with food and more food! I have my graduation in Oct and have a nice dress in mind to wear for that so I have it now hanging on my wardrobe door.
    Thanks a million for the motivation. I can and I will do this!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

lizt wrote: »

I'm overweight, obese in fact because losing weight was always something that would happen in my future, but not today. My breaking point was reaching a size 20, I hate trying on clothes, not being able to shop in certain places. Find something that motivates you - a picture of the body, a special outfit for your goal size etc.

At the end of the day, we can offer you advice but it's down to you to put in the effort! Start today! You can do it, I'm sure of it x

I completely agree. Reminding yourself of why you're doing this is the best motivation. We all have our own reasons but I think a few of them we share. I'd quite like to stop removing myself from all the photos my friends take because I'm ashamed of my weight. All those memories I'm missing. Went to Africa last year, the most AMAZING experience of my life and I have about 3 pics to show for it taken from far away because I didn't want to see myself. I'd quite like to have sexy time in the bedroom without having it being so pitch black that only bats could see what they were at. Mostly, I just want the old confident Donna back who can fit into that amazing wardrobe of clothes I already own that lies just beyond my reach at the min and over a few rolls of flab lol

Just think about how much you want it and that'll motivate you.

Tnks Caros, Liz. You are so right, the more rubbish food you eat the more you crave and the lazier you feel! I have no energy what so ever so feel sorry for myself and just eat more - a vicious circle really.
    I am going to have a go at getting back on track tomorrow so fingers cross. thanks a mill again xx

Tnks Caros, Liz. You are so right, the more rubbish food you eat the more you crave and the lazier you feel! I have no energy what so ever so feel sorry for myself and just eat more - a vicious circle really.
    I am going to have a go at getting back on track tomorrow so fingers cross. thanks a mill again xx

Good luck girl you can do it! :-)

Ah that's a pity bout the theory test lainy, better luck next time, onwards and upwards, or downwards in our ww case ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Raspberries

Does anyone know how to work out stuff that you have baked yourself?

I made a nice sponge cake this evening and had a very small slice. I pointed the ingredients using the purple guide from the WW pack and then divided it into rough portions.

Is this the right way to point it? I might ask at the WI tomorrow but just thought I might ask ye first!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

donnamc5 wrote: »
    I am getting 54 dailies for that. I have the ultimate point calculator app on android which I find really handy. Calculates everything and also has loads of inbuilt foods already pointed if you're in a fix. Was only about 80cents when I got it.

Thanks for that, easier now for him to start :) can I get that app for an I phone

Made a lovely lasagna was meant for 4 servings but they were huge I added in more veg but I got 6 servings worked out at 6 pp not bad at all delighted with it and was yummy you use cottage cheese and skimmed milk for White sauce I added some natural yogurt was yummy had a tiny slice of garlic bread with it

Raspberries that's how I point cakes work out pp on whole recipe then divide by portions

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

I've bought a pack of Kelkin Multigrain Corn Cakes with Spelt & Mixed seeds thing is I'm unsure how to point them here's the NV's

Per 100g
    Protein - 12g
    Carbs - 66g
    Fat - 6g
    Fibre - 11g

Total pack weight 130g giving a total of 13pp on my WW iPhone app calculator there's 20 corn cakes in it thing is I'm unsure how to point them my brain doesn't seem to be working this morning

Thanks ladies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭kty

:confused:Up a 1lb last night at Wi, i actually could not believe it, had been so good, was spinning twice and tracked really well, cut down on brown bread (had only 2 slices all week) and having ricecakes instead, was thinking that maybe im eating too many bananas?? I know another poster mentioned this sometime back, id have a banana everyday id say. Not going to let it get me down, onwards and downwards, spinning the eve and a new week, fingers crossed it be a good one!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

STS for the second week running :( ....

1LBS in 3weeks:eek:, need to get the excersise going in anger again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

kty wrote: »
    :confused:Up a 1lb last night at Wi, i actually could not believe it, had been so good, was spinning twice and tracked really well, cut down on brown bread (had only 2 slices all week) and having ricecakes instead, was thinking that maybe im eating too many bananas?? I know another poster mentioned this sometime back, id have a banana everyday id say. Not going to let it get me down, onwards and downwards, spinning the eve and a new week, fingers crossed it be a good one!

Sorry hun, It sounds like you're working so hard so it's obviously gutting not to shift anything. Have you got all your past trackers? Maybe you could take your best week and try and replicate it and see if that makes any difference? Worth a shot I'd imagine.

I think we're all having a tough week this week. I'm getting my crosstrainer delivered today so going to really push myself this week to try and get a decent loss next week. I had 1lb up yesterday too but I'll just concentrate on the 8.5 down that I've accomplished so far :)

Good Luck this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    STS for the second week running :( ....

1LBS in 3weeks:eek:, need to get the excersise going in anger again!

2 weeks ago I sts 2 weeks in a row. Then down 1/2lb up 1/2lb, was down 1/2lb last week and think I am going to have a bad result this week and most definitely next week as I have so much on. After this weekend, I vow to give myself as much time as possible to cook something new and to get back into the exercise, really need a good kicking!! I think I have only lost around 4lb in the last 2 months... someone give out to me ha ha :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

This is the THE bran muffin recipe. I tweaked to suit my tastes and points...and cooking ability...lol (i could not for the life of me get them to rise)

but this is the ORIGINAL recipe which works out at 4pp per muffin

100ml Skimmed Milk
    100g Plain Flour
    60g Wheat Bran
    60g Soft Brown Sugar
    1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
    1/2 tsp baking powder
    pinch of cinnamon

if using berries 125g of chopped berries eg blueberries, raspberries, strawberries.

if using banana's about 2 and 1/2 soft mashed bananas per 6 muffins

1. Preheat the oven to 190C (gas mark 5)

2. Put skimmed milk and wheat bran and soak for few minutes.

3. While bran is soaking beat sugar and eggs untill well combined and then mix into above bran mixture.

4. Sift in the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, bicarbonate soda. Fold in GENTLY with a metal spoon. Stir in the berries to distribute them evenly througout the mixture.

5. Devide into 6 paper cases in a muffin tin.

6 Bake in preheated oven for 20 - 30 mins (until the muffins are well risen and firm to the touch, timing can very to oven to oven)

7. Cool on wire rack, then store in airtight tin or seeled container in fridge.

NI per serving
    143kcal
    2g fat
    0.5 sats
    12.8 sugar
    4.7g fibre
    0.4g salts

This is the NI given in the cook book, I used the ww online recipe builder (im an online member) to point the recipe...

Changes I made along the way:

I use self raising flour and 1tsp of both baking powder + bicarbonate

I sift the flour TWICE. to add air to the mixture.

When combining wet to dry mixture...from research online...I learned to should NOT beat it too much...and you should still see lil tiny pockets of dry flour.

I prefer banana's over berries (theyre cheaper...and supermarkets sell soft old banana at 1/2 price)

I also only use 40g instead of 60g of soft brown sugar.
    I only use 30g instead 60 of bran wheat.

I love the banana taste so i kinda bumped it up to 3 bananas per 6 muffins...bananas have natural sugars that will sweeten the recipe.
    When you take out some of the bran and sugar the muffins become 3pp each!

I also find they freeze exceptionally well...and only take about an hour to defrost. DO NOT thaw in microwave. they go hard!

If you find them too dry just omit some of the bran wheat.

they're a great source of fibre...nearly 5g per muffin! great for when your bloated!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Raspberries

That recipe looks great LadyLainy, must give it a try!

I'm down another 1lb! Quite happy with myself. I think it was the gym last night that really helped.

My sister is doing it with me as well, so it's an extra bit of encouragement. She is losing a fair bit too! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

I found a post here SOMEWHERE with lists of pointed foods...and now I can't find it to print it out. Anyone know where it is?

I found a post here SOMEWHERE with lists of pointed foods...and now I can't find it to print it out. Anyone know where it is?

it could have been on the old thread, which was closed. cos it was just too big and too messy....what foods are you looking for? ALOT of lists out there :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

Sorry for my vagueness, this one had mostly snacks and things ye had all pointed, I've the books and have some things pointed myself, where would I find that? I've been ages reading this morning and can't find that list! I was weighed in this morn and am not impressed, must be my lack of walking...

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭unknowngirl!!

Was down 2.5 pounds at WI, I'm really happy :D

If I can keep going and lose 1.5 this week I'll have lost 1/2 a stone and reached my 5% goal! I'm going to try and think of this during the week as motivation!

I'm going to try the bran muffins this week haven't made them yet.. Not sure which fruit to put in though!

Sorry for my vagueness, this one had mostly snacks and things ye had all pointed, I've the books and have some things pointed myself, where would I find that? I've been ages reading this morning and can't find that list! I was weighed in this morn and am not impressed, must be my lack of walking...

not sure which list it is sorry :( It prob was on the old ww thread which has been deleted....

what in particular were you looking for? just ask specifics...and hopefully we can help :) this thread does MOVE so fast...that anything you see could be remotely useful...C+P it into word :) its impossible to find things

like i have pointed lists of foods....but there more foods than "snacks"

Dairy, MIlk, Cheese, Creams,
    Baking Ingredients,
    Eating Out/Fast Food,
    Ice Creams (unhealthy i know...but its summer the odd ice cream is going to come up and attach it self to our hands)

Was down 2.5 pounds at WI, I'm really happy :D

If I can keep going and lose 1.5 this week I'll have lost 1/2 a stone and reached my 5% goal! I'm going to try and think of this during the week as motivation!

I'm going to try the bran muffins this week haven't made them yet.. Not sure which fruit to put in though!

blueberries/rasperries on offer in tesco atm! they usually expensive...experiment while fruit is on offer :p if you dont like them....at least you havent forked out 3 euro a punnet! :O

I personally wasnt too keen on blue berries. but am going to try them again...full of vitamin C i think :) going to liquidise them this time..

its all about experimentation and tweaking :)

• Advertisement

Okay I'm going to lose this weight next week (up one, down two, up one) is getting very annoying! Just had a bran muffin there and a cup of black coffee, and I'm really full.. I've made the muffins Lainy but now I see there's no splenda in that one you just posted! Just brown sugar.. To be honest I prefer that and wonder is that why the last ones didn't rise as well as they ought to have.. Maybe the brown sugar and splenda was too much! I sifted twice and gently folded and they were nice, I'm still eating them from freezer, but I'm going to make them again to try and improve them.. I'm having little cramps today so maybe my leader was right about my pound gain! Think it may be a phantom period! Still unsure of my body, having a hysterectomy at 34 has put me all over the place, and I'm not sure what's normal or what to expect anymore.. I'd love to hear if anyone else is in the same boat and if ye have any tips for me.. On another subject my husband is taking my cross trainer out of the garage this evening..I'm going to fit in a half hour no matter how much I don't want to... It's time to take control;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement