Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Lainy I love salads I eat them all day every day :D

I got a great surprise today, its my birthday in a few days, but I was asking my MIL was it better to get a cross trainer or threadmill as I know she has one and uses it, but she disapeared with my DH and then called me! they had got me a cross trainer for my birthday :Dhappy days delighted with it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭kc83

rachel wrote: »
    Congratulations! You won't look back. I find cycling the most enjoyable & useful form of exercise. You're just in time for bike week too.
    I've signed up for an 80km cycle in Sept so will be working on my stamina as well while hopefully dropping the pounds.

Where is that charity cycle on? I love cycling too and really do find it great Id love something like that to aim for as was mad into cycling 2yrs ago! Been on my bike a few weeks now and you really notice difference, best form of exercise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 shazza_90

Just wondering can anyone help me, I have used up all my weeklies over the weekend if not more, my own fault really but sure I really enjoyed the weekend anyway!!! Should I reduce my eating for the next couple of days like only use 15 of my dailies each day to make up for all my weeklies used or should I just use them up as normal. Took peek at scales and says i'm up 4lbs:eek::eek: so really want to work hard until weigh in on wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

shazza_90 wrote: »
    Just wondering can anyone help me, I have used up all my weeklies over the weekend if not more, my own fault really but sure I really enjoyed the weekend anyway!!! Should I reduce my eating for the next couple of days like only use 15 of my dailies each day to make up for all my weeklies used or should I just use them up as normal. Took peek at scales and says i'm up 4lbs:eek::eek: so really want to work hard until weigh in on wednesday.

You should eat most, if not all, of your dailies every day. This plan is completely different, you can't save points or scrape them back, that is what the weeklies are for. Don't deprive yourself and just eat healthily and try and get some exercise in before your WI. If you are up, you're up but then you will lose it just as quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

I have 2 days to make up for a bad, bad w/e ...

MaccyD's:mad:, chinese take-away, cakes/buns, dinner chez mum, more cakes/buns ...

• Advertisement

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    I have 2 days to make up for a bad, bad w/e ...

MaccyD's:mad:, chinese take-away, cakes/buns, dinner chez mum, more cakes/buns ...

I am going to have one of those weekends this weekend. Staff BBQ/Booze up on Friday and then birthday party in a house, so house party on Saturday. I will probably consume all my weeklies in alcohol on Friday and then the same amount the Saturday. But hey you have to live your life, after this weekend, I plan to give myself ALOT of time. Empty weekends to cook and exercise and relax :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭kty

shazza_90 wrote: »

Def eat all your dailies, just try to be as healthy as possible for the next few days and loads of water!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Micki

Has anybody tried the Creamfields brand of spray cream that you can get in Tesco? It is a light cream and it works out at 1 propoint for 100ml, there are 500ml in the tin and it lasts forever! It is a little bit sweet but not too sweet! Really good for using with desserts! I had a merangue from M & S, fresh strawberries and some cream - all for 2 propoints! You wouldn't even use 100ml of the cream when you are using it either but i pointed it as one propoint anyway! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

Hi Folks...

Im back... AGAIN!!!

Have kick started over the last few days.... My problem is I don't have a Pro Points book... so can anyone tell me how many pro points are in 2 slices of brown bread and a small sausage. One of the lean ones.

Thanks folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭rachel

kc83 wrote: »
    Where is that charity cycle on? I love cycling too and really do find it great Id love something like that to aim for as was mad into cycling 2yrs ago! Been on my bike a few weeks now and you really notice difference, best form of exercise
    It's the Tour De Picnic, from Dublin to Stradbally for Electric Picnic. Looking forward to it but will probably need a month to recover after that weekend

• Advertisement

Can anyone recommend any low point (1/2PP) yoghurts that are smooth, ie: no bits what so ever??

Hate bits, and have been eating the WW yoghurts but would like to try something different and also they are quite expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Monife wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend any low point (1/2PP) yoghurts that are smooth, ie: no bits what so ever??

Hate bits, and have been eating the WW yoghurts but would like to try something different and also they are quite expensive.

muller light, the multi packs (160g pots) are 2pp each :)
    (on offer in tesco atm 6pack for 1.99)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 kareno.carlow

What are peoples thoughts on cleaning as exercise? Have been cleaning all day (hoovering, dusting, scrubbing etc!) and now I'm tired and don't have energy to face the gym!!

whats a nice flavoured cous cous in Lild?

Tomorrow I have access to Dunnes, Lidl & Supervalu and all the time in the world....going to stock up in lots of healthy foods...incase theory test goes badly! plus tomorrow weather will be HORRIBLE! worse than today!

Thanks KTY and Monife, well was going to take yere advice rergardless this morning but turns out ive the tummy bug all day so used up all my dailies eating bread really, i know this isnt good either but sure I couldnt really eat anything else, well at least i got out for a 7k jog this morning and got it done in 45minutes, yipee!!! was meant to go to spinning tonight too to make up for the weekend but im not feeling great at all so think im going to give it a skip, enjoy the rest of the evening everyone!

my tummy getting a bit rocky now about tomorrow :(

But i've drank bucket loads of water....eating....has been kinda 50/50....hasnt been terrible....but few slices of toast....slathered in flora light....and 2 home made scones!

Did have chicken salad for lunch tho :D

and doing a load of chicken brests in the MAGGI so juicy stuff tonight...to have them cold tomorrow and one tonight with some home made wedges...have to go with spud dinner....nout left in the house...tomorrow pay day/grocery day...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

ali85 wrote: »
    Hi Folks...

Im back... AGAIN!!!

Have kick started over the last few days.... My problem is I don't have a Pro Points book... so can anyone tell me how many pro points are in 2 slices of brown bread and a small sausage. One of the lean ones.

Thanks folks!

2 points per slice

• Registered Users Posts: 23 meabhaline

Had my first weigh in today lost 2lbs.

Was kinda hoping it'd be higher for the first week back but I'm happy with it considering i did no exercise and its TOTM. If i keep at this rate i'll be down 10lbs for my holidays in Japan. WHOOP

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

2 points per slice

Not necessarily it depends on the type of bread most of the usual brown/ white slice pan 1 slice = 2pp but 2 slices = 5pp bread is one of those things where you have to point based on the serving you are actually eating.

Batch bread lotslot higher so too is some of the granery bread & bread like Hovis nimble are alot lower eg 1 slice of Hovis nimble = 1pp 2 slices = 3pp 3 slices = 4pp

So ge careful & don't just assume check the NI & if necessary weigh the slice as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭LinK3

Weigh in, in the morning!! Was good all week, tracked and pointed! Had drinks last night and didn't munch on nuts pringles etc.. I had all my weeklies left so hopefully the damage won't be too bad! I would have murdered a Chinese tonight. My hangover cure, but the joy only lasts for the first few mouthfuls then I'm always sorry I gave in.. It's 11 weeks since I had Chinese food!! Might get something to make my own after Wi, I always do my shopping after it as all the suggested foods are in my little notebook.. And I'm always feeling motivated to carry on..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Hi everyone. Just caught up on all the posts over the last few days. I have taken the last week off WW - not having a kitchen & then going away for 4 days made it impossible. But I had a lovely weekend at Body & Soul festival & even went to a 5 course banquet held in the woods on the Saturday night - brilliant night!:D And then there was my brother-in-laws 40th celebrations to go to as well!

So its back on track from tomorrow. Going to WI in the morning to face the music. I have no excuses now so its back to tracking & back to losing weight again.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Niamh94

Hey guys, I'm new to ww (only started Friday) and, as I'm doing ww at home, I think this thread will be a great support to me!! I've only got one question, I've a bit of a weakness for chicken teriyaki soba from wagamama so I'm just wondering what the pps are for it? First WI now on Friday, I've been very good so far so I hope I get good results! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Hi everyone!

Well I've been away from WW for a few months now - been exercising and trying to tone up so wasn't too bothered about losing more weight, trying to get rid of the flabby bits has been more important!
    But I've decided to go back to WW this week and get rid of the last few pounds once and for all, while exercising at the same time.

Wish me luck!

I'm doing the Westport 5K this weekend. I've only started running really, so I'll jog some of it and walk some, will see how it goes!

Will be counting on you guys for the usual support and advice over the next few weeks!
    Bring it on!!
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Nice to see you again dammitj & FairPlay on the 5k training :)

So good week for me foodwise but really bad exercise wise. I went out for my 5k on Saturday during the breaks in rain/thunder storms & I nearly collapses had to practically crawl the last 1k home & I'd no phone with me to get someone to meet me :( I know what happened I was after eating breakfast really early & no lunch (so about 7 hrs with no food) & stupidly I was about to make a snack of Ryvita & houmous but decided no have it when I'm home I'll go for my run now.... It was also ridiculously heavy & humid out & as with most weekend exercise I was pushing myself harder than usual.

So basically since then I've done none I need a week off from it but I'm still watching my food intake so much so that I'm trying to cut out the snacking & treats that crept in over the last month or so - it's all within points but it's a bad habit that needs to be nipped in the bud treats are fine but not when you keep pp back from dinner/ lunch to have them!

So although I'm away on hols this wk I'm hoping to be good & even with the lack of exercise with me switching up my eating maybe I'll see a speed up in the weightloss?! Back on the exercise band wagon from Monday for sure I've booked the day off work so no excuses ;)

I think when you get in this frame of mind (ie not wanting to exercise) it's a good idea to take a break & come Back to it than throw the towel in completely in frustration! Good luck with all the WI's & welcome all the newbies :)

Ps Fofany body & soul sounded fab I really wanted to go but couldn't justify 2 festivals in a row but it does sound wonderful & you had a great time! The B&S part of electric picnic is my favorite area just so chilled & relaxing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Dublin25

Niamh94 wrote: »
    Hey guys, I'm new to ww (only started Friday) and, as I'm doing ww at home, I think this thread will be a great support to me!! I've only got one question, I've a bit of a weakness for chicken teriyaki soba from wagamama so I'm just wondering what the pps are for it? First WI now on Friday, I've been very good so far so I hope I get good results! :D

Hi Niamh!
    I adore Wagamama too but they don't give out the nutrional information. I found this site i've been basing pointing on. I'm not sure if it's 100% correct but gives you some type of idea. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/nutrition-facts-calories/wagamama
    I tend to have the Yaki Soba and it leaves me completely stuffed for the day.

Good Luck for Friday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

Weigh in at lunchtime and I'm dreading it. It's not that I've been bad because I haven't but because the weather is so bad today I've got loads more clothes on and a pair of boots, which is a lot heavier than my normal attire. I weighed myself with and without this morning and there was a 4 pound difference than there normally is so I'll be doing amazingly to even STS. Ah well, At least I know what's wrong and am prepared. Plus, Hopefully it'll be nicer next week and there'll be a nice big loss to make up for it. I made this really amazing pad Thai noodle dish last night for my lunch for a couple of days. I use low fat bacon medalions and it is so filling but only 7 points. Something to look forward to.

Hope everyone is doing well today given the rotten weather :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

Just back from WI and down only 1.5 pounds:( where have my big 3 plus losses gone?i was in gym most days and the other days was out walking.
    At least it is not a gain, and it could be my holiday 2 weeks ago catching up with me,down to 38 points a day now which will it make harder again.
    My goal is to lose a stone a month,now i will have to get rid of 3.5 pounds this week to keep within my goal :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Niamh94

Thanks Dublin25 that site's great! That's the best thiin about wagamamas imo, it leaves you full up for the day!! :D

I've seen alot on here about eating all your propoints for the day and I'm wondering how important this is? I have 35 dailies but I only manage about 30-32 every day? Like yesterday I only used 25 points?? Is this good or bad?

PS: sorry for all the random questions, just wanna get it right from the start!! :)

harr wrote: »
    Just back from WI and down only 1.5 pounds:( where have my big 3 plus losses gone?i was in gym most days and the other days was out walking.
    At least it is not a gain, and it could be my holiday 2 weeks ago catching up with me,down to 38 points a day now which will it make harder again.
    My goal is to lose a stone a month,now i will have to get rid of 3.5 pounds this week to keep within my goal :eek:

Well done on your loss, its really good but just wondering how did you always manage 3lb losses all along, id be lucky to lose a pound a week if not half a pound!!!!

• Advertisement

harr wrote: »

1.5lb is brilliant, I would be delighted with that.

You shouldn't make unrealistic goals for yourself because you might end up setting yourself up for failure.

I would be really happy with 6lbs a month and I have 5 and a half stone left to lose.

Your weightloss is going to slow down. I'll check my sheet when I get home but I have a funny feeling I have only lost like 4lb in the last 2 months with various STS, gains and losses. I have been doing WW since last November.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement