Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Back from WI. Was down 3lbs (had gained 3lbs last week), so very pleased with that. Planning to be extra good this week to make sure the weekend just past doesn't show up on next week's WI!

My kitchen is finally in (the fitters just left 5 mins ago). Now I just have to clean it so I can get back to some healthy cooking & eating. There is sawdust everywhere - & not just in the kitchen!
    Kay_80 wrote: »
    Ps Fofany body & soul sounded fab I really wanted to go but couldn't justify 2 festivals in a row but it does sound wonderful & you had a great time! The B&S part of electric picnic is my favorite area just so chilled & relaxing :)

B&S was brilliant. I'm sure you would have loved it - but there's always next year! We stayed with my brother-in-law who lives 20 mins from Ballinlough, so we were able to go back to his, put the kids to bed & then head back out again at night. Still can't get the smell of campfires out of my coat! Feeling really run down today though after it all - sore throat, ears & head. If I had been camping, I would have blamed that. Just need a few days of taking it easy to recover again.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Harr that's a great result & I echo what Monife said to a tee a stone a month is alot & sometimes when ppl set these goals if they don't meet them they fall off the wagon completely. I know how committed you are to this journey so keep it up! You've done it before you'll do it again :)

Shazza guys tend to lose weight alot quicker especially when they exercise they tend to burn more ( I know not the same for all guys & some ladies lose alot as well!) alot of us women on here are losing at a lb or less per week but to be honest I'd rather be losing 1/2 a lb a week consistently so say 2lb a month than be down 4 & up 3 & yo yoing at least it's coming & staying off :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭kty

donnamc5 wrote: »
    Weigh in at lunchtime and I'm dreading it. It's not that I've been bad because I haven't but because the weather is so bad today I've got loads more clothes on and a pair of boots, which is a lot heavier than my normal attire. I weighed myself with and without this morning and there was a 4 pound difference than there normally is so I'll be doing amazingly to even STS. Ah well, At least I know what's wrong and am prepared. Plus, Hopefully it'll be nicer next week and there'll be a nice big loss to make up for it. I made this really amazing pad Thai noodle dish last night for my lunch for a couple of days. I use low fat bacon medalions and it is so filling but only 7 points. Something to look forward to.

Hope everyone is doing well today given the rotten weather :)
    Just a thought but maybe you could have a light pants and tshirt in a bag and do a quick change before WI in future, just so you are not worried about it????COuld just keep them in the car for WI days, be handy. Hope you get on ok at WI today.
    Oh and would you be able to post the recipe for the Pad Thai Noodle dish, sounds yum!!! Thanks. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

shazza_90 wrote: »
    Well done on your loss, its really good but just wondering how did you always manage 3lb losses all along, id be lucky to lose a pound a week if not half a pound!!!!

Hi not sure how,i use all my dallies and only half my weeklys and none of activity points and this would all ways give me a loss of 2.5 and 3 pounds but now i am doing the same and only losing a pound or so a week :confused:

Harr that's a great result & I echo what Monife said to a tee a stone a month is alot & sometimes when ppl set these goals if they don't meet them they fall off the wagon completely. I know how committed you are to this journey so keep it up! You've done it before you'll do it again :)

Shazza guys tend to lose weight alot quicker especially when they exercise they tend to burn more ( I know not the same for all guys & some ladies lose alot as well!) alot of us women on here are losing at a lb or less per week but to be honest I'd rather be losing 1/2 a lb a week consistently so say 2lb a month than be down 4 & up 3 & yo yoing at least it's coming & staying off :)

its just that the last time i did WW i lost a stone or more a month in fact i lost 5.5 stone in 5 months so i was expecting the same this time round..i am now 4 years older and have 2 kids under 4 so maybe the years have started to catch up on me and with the kids dont have the same time to put into it.:) I one thing i did different the last time was to give up the drink

• Advertisement

Fofany great loss for you too especially after a weekend away! Enjoy your new kitchen :) I chose the custom house square festival in Belfast over B&S the OH liked the idea of a hotel over a tent .... What a wuss! :P but it means I get to hit the shops so I won't complain!

harr wrote: »
    its just that the last time i did WW i lost a stone or more a month in fact i lost 5.5 stone in 5 months so i was expecting the same this time round..i am now 4 years older and have 2 kids under 4 so maybe the years have started to catch up on me and with the kids dont have the same time to put into it.:) I one thing i did different the last time was to give up the drink

:eek::eek::eek: really?! That's amazing! Alcohol could be a factor but when I was at the dr's last wk the nurse was chatting to me & said I was right to be doing it now that metabolism slows down after 31 or so.... How true that is I don't know

How are you finding pp overall? ( with the exception of this WI) do you prefer the food choices over the old plan? For me this plan is better due to the fruit & the weeklies but maybe if the old plan worked so well for you maybe consider swapping over to that for a while? I'm not sure that many ppl are getting big losses on this plan over the older one I think pp promotes 1-2lbs per week with the emphasis on healthy sustainable WL

It may be a 'freak week' & you'll see a delayed result nxt week from all the exercise. Dont lose heart you're doing great :)

:eek::eek::eek: really?! That's amazing! Alcohol could be a factor but when I was at the dr's last wk the nurse was chatting to me & said I was right to be doing it now that metabolism slows down after 31 or so.... How true that is I don't know

How are you finding pp overall? ( with the exception of this WI) do you prefer the food choices over the old plan? For me this plan is better due to the fruit & the weeklies but maybe if the old plan worked so well for you maybe consider swapping over to that for a while? I'm not sure that many ppl are getting big losses on this plan over the older one I think pp promotes 1-2lbs per week with the emphasis on healthy sustainable WL

It may be a 'freak week' & you'll see a delayed result nxt week from all the exercise. Dont lose heart you're doing great :)
    I prefer the PP but it now looks the old way worked best for me,i will stick to the PP because i find much healthier with the free fruit and 49 weeklies is a great idea,my leader did say that the PP system is for loss of between 1 and 2 pound a week.
    There are a few other men in my WW who did the old points as well and found that they lost the weight a lot faster on the old system.
    For this week i am not going to have any beer and also giving up the diet coke and i will have my cheat meal earlier in the week .My new goal is now to be 11 stone by Christmas :( .
    Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions and the little push that i needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

kty wrote: »
    Just a thought but maybe you could have a light pants and tshirt in a bag and do a quick change before WI in future, just so you are not worried about it????COuld just keep them in the car for WI days, be handy. Hope you get on ok at WI today.
    Oh and would you be able to post the recipe for the Pad Thai Noodle dish, sounds yum!!! Thanks. ;)

Heya, Thanks, That's actually a good idea. So I was up 1lb but I'm not actually too worried about that as was prepared for anything up to 4 but am glad it was just the 1. If I work hard again this week then hopefully next week's loss will cover the 2 weeks.

Well, I haven't really found a recipe for Phad Thai sauce that I like yet so I cheat a bit and use either the amoy or blue dragon one, I forget which, but it's 4 pp for the whole pack, then I add a packet of low fat bacon medallions which is 4 pp, 300g of cooked egg noodles which is 6pp and then for no points, some garlic, spring onions, 2 x peppers and some red onion. Oh, and Tesco do this garlic pepper grinder thing which is delicious for flavour. I add it to most dishes I make and you can really taste the difference. So the whole thing makes 2 big lunches for 7pp each or you could prob split into 3 smaller ones for a little less if you wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Hey guys, quick one - can anyone tell me how many points a 6'2" 31 yo male weighing 17st 5 should have per day?

Thanks in advance,

• Advertisement

misslt wrote: »
    Hey guys, quick one - can anyone tell me how many points a 6'2" 31 yo male weighing 17st 5 should have per day?

Thanks in advance,

My android app tells me 52pp daily allowance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭kty

Heya, Thanks, That's actually a good idea. So I was up 1lb but I'm not actually too worried about that as was prepared for anything up to 4 but am glad it was just the 1. If I work hard again this week then hopefully next week's loss will cover the 2 weeks.

Well, I haven't really found a recipe for Phad Thai sauce that I like yet so I cheat a bit and use either the amoy or blue dragon one, I forget which, but it's 4 pp for the whole pack, then I add a packet of low fat bacon medallions which is 4 pp, 300g of cooked egg noodles which is 6pp and then for no points, some garlic, spring onions, 2 x peppers and some red onion. Oh, and Tesco do this garlic pepper grinder thing which is delicious for flavour. I add it to most dishes I make and you can really taste the difference. So the whole thing makes 2 big lunches for 7pp each or you could prob split into 3 smaller ones for a little less if you wanted.
    Souns Yum, will def try that so, will have to look at the ingredients in those packs tho, as im allergic to a few things! Thanks a mil. Thats great about your WI at least it wasnt what you thought, and realisiticly you have prob lost a 1lb or 2lb if you were wearing the heavy clothes and boots, bet you will have a good WI next week. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

My android app tells me 52pp daily allowance.

what about a man height 5ft10 weighing 18.9 and age 32 if you dont mind Ive been meaning to get them for him for ages lol

Well Im having a funny week, I have my dads 60th and of course I said I make the cake and so Ive been baking like a mad woman so I get it right for real when I make it on friday! but as Im tasting as I go I cant see a loss this week at all Ill be happy to STS :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭kc83

Oh God I think Im having a bad week but at same time not too sure as havent tracked!!! Have been doing exercise but had 2 meals out this week....weigh in Thurs so I must stay really good next few days with gym in morning!!! want to stay on right track after losin so much last week as 5 weeks til mth hols and Ive 2 weddings one in July but most impotantly one in aug!

Baby75 wrote: »
    what about a man height 5ft10 weighing 18.9 and age 32 if you dont mind Ive been meaning to get them for him for ages lol

I am getting 54 dailies for that. I have the ultimate point calculator app on android which I find really handy. Calculates everything and also has loads of inbuilt foods already pointed if you're in a fix. Was only about 80cents when I got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 kareno.carlow

I had a meringue nest with strawberries and 30ml of avonmore light cream today it was gorgeous and only 3pp yum :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 princess ash

Just joined this boards.ie 2day and so happy i found this about WW every 1 seems so helpful and friendly so i hope i can be part of the daily disscusions Started WW about 4 wks ago and only lost 3 and half pounds but am staying positive

I had a meringue nest with strawberries and 30ml of avonmore light cream today it was gorgeous and only 3pp yum :)

Wow 3pp is great sounds yummy must try this, is it any size meringue nest?icon10.gif

Just joined this boards.ie 2day and so happy i found this about WW every 1 seems so helpful and friendly so i hope i can be part of the daily disscusions Started WW about 4 wks ago and only lost 3 and half pounds but am staying positive

It takes a few weeks to settle into it i think, stick at it and it will pay off. Exercise is great too and keeps you going. I just found this thread a few weeks ago too and its great! Good luck :)

Ya dats what im hoping anyway, i would agree dat the exercise is probarly a very important part of it also, thats y im hitting the gym 2nyt haha icon10.gif

PS was just wondering does any1 know hw many pro points for a small cinema popcorn my leader didnt know 2day? ? icon5.gif

• Advertisement

Wow 3pp is great sounds yummy must try this, is it any size meringue nest?icon10.gif

ha i wish its the tesco finest meringue nests, 30 cals each, and the avonmore light cream is 7pp for 100ml so 30ml is just over 2 points and its enough. Its nice to have actual cream in moderation :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone could tell me how many propoints I am allowed. I am 5.5 and around 12st 10lbs. Am joining ww tomorrow (yet again), but this will be my 1st time using the pp system and would like to get a head start. There doesn't seem to be a calculator on the website to figure out your points allowance.

ha i wish its the tesco finest meringue nests, 30 cals each, and the avonmore light cream is 7pp for 100ml so 30ml is just over 2 points and its enough. Its nice to have actual cream in moderation :-)

Gud thing you tld me this Kareno.carlow i will be popping to my local tesco to make sure i pick up the right 1s, oh ya i love a bit of cream but i must remember the "in moderation" part haha icon10.gif
    Tnx 4 the tip :-)

Boop22 wrote: »
    Hi,

Was wondering if anyone could tell me how many propoints I am allowed. I am 5.5 and around 12st 10lbs. Am joining ww tomorrow (yet again), but this will be my 1st time using the pp system and would like to get a head start. There doesn't seem to be a calculator on the website to figure out your points allowance.

I think this will prob be around 29 or 30 pp Boop icon7.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

Well my OH and I were away for the weekend, night one was in a restaurant which does a chef's 8 course tasting menu which was absolutely awesome and I washed it down with a bottle of Prosecco, followed by a bloody gorgeous breakfast the following day, had a Thai dinner on Saturday night and then Sunday eve had my OH's eldest here for dinner for father's day, I did keep that healthy and low fat though. Didn't really point anything Friday thru Sunday but at the same time was "aware" of what I was eating and we did some walking Friday and Saturday and a 2 hour walk on Sunday. Found it difficult to get back on track yesterday as my stomach just felt "icky" after everything and also TOTM! Very much back on the wagon today, but not expecting to see a loss on the scales this week, have had a peek at my own and all I can say is :eek::( But anyways going to be extra good for the next fortnight, have to work this coming weekend so no deviations from the plan!

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Thanks a million Princess Ash, hopefully I get on better this time than in my last attempts at ww :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

ah lads....lol so anyone wanna just catch me up in one big swift post :P did i miss any big revolations today :P i dont have it in me to go back and reado 20+ posts

Good Breakie.......Good Lunch.....3 cups of coffee at 2pp each! eeep

But have a good dinner planned! So I'm doing well!

I'm starting an alotment in the garden :p lettuce and sping onions....we just cleared a 15ft square area of pure dead ditches and briars....the soil is exposed...prob needs a bit of TLC...but before we just grass it over....going to experiment with growing lettuce, onions and cabbage.

Also got all my stuff for the herb garden, planters, compost, gravel, seeds....when it gets dry going to start on that.

Anyone got nice cous cous recipe?

Oh yeah failed the theory..32/40 Ce Le Vie!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭lorimc

Just bought the same dress as someone else here did recently for a wedding next thursday, it was down to €129.
    http://www.coast-stores.com/ELVIRA-DRESS/All-Sale/coast/fcp-product/2143411509

More to the point I think the coast sizing is a bit big but its a friggin size 10!!!!!!The 12 was way to big :eek:I don't actually remember wearing a 10 from been like 11 or 12 years old :D .Bit worried about it though, its a serious standing dress and does have a tendency to ride up a little, exercising for nonstop for the next 10 days me thinks :p

Well dats y were all here Boop best of luck wit it n leave me no hw u get on :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

-2lbs this week

a loss is a loss

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement