Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone 4, free upfront, €40 euro a month [24 month contract]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭ciarraioch1

Also declined...
    Being a student didn't work in my favour...at least thats my guess!

Any way around this? I tried to order again, with part time employment ticked, but no luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

Just wondering if anyone had a problem connecting to the internet after their number was ported?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

I tried to be clever and went to the nearest Carphone Warehouse and they told me its mandatory no matter what your being told.

It's not manditory, I just got the phone and didn't have to pay it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Also declined...
    Being a student didn't work in my favour...at least thats my guess!

Any way around this? I tried to order again, with part time employment ticked, but no luck!

Apparently you have to wait 3 months to apply again!!

I'm gonna try AGAIN later in 3, as I will be using a different address :P

Colly10 - can I ask what kind of answers you gave?

are you a renter or LWP?
    Furnished or unfurnished?
    How long in your job?

You can tell me eff off ha but I answered LWP, 3 years in my job :/

I know I had a few bounced DD's on my account last year but I paid them! I think the face they refused me even though I am on an internet contract with them it stupid!

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭flower tattoo

glaston wrote: »
    Can you use cabbage to send texts to the UK?
    I only really text one person in Scotland (he has a 3GS), is there any app we could use instead?

Try whatsapp if they have a smartphone, it's like instant messaging. Once you've installed it all messages are free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭kellsred

Try whatsapp if they have a smartphone, it's like instant messaging. Once you've installed it all messages are free

+1

Great app, been using it on my iPhone to exchange messages with my brother in Australia on his HTC

Just did it over the phone there!!
    I'm getting an iPhone wooo!! I had to pay the deposit though! but be nice getting it back in 6 months though :P

Just did it over the phone there!!
    I'm getting an iPhone wooo!!

Had you been refused online (twice?) but were accepted over the phone?
    I got rejected on their site, but might give the phone service a try if it worked for you!

Had you been refused online (twice?) but were accepted over the phone?
    I got rejected on their site, but might give the phone service a try if it worked for you!

I was rejected at first in the shop, 2nd online :D

I have to pay the security deposit of 150 though.

did you tell them you had been previously rejected?
    or just ring up letting on you hadn't tried?

I've no problem paying the deposit, I just really want this phone now!!!

• Advertisement

did you tell them you had been previously rejected?
    or just ring up letting on you hadn't tried?

I've no problem paying the deposit, I just really want this phone now!!!

Nope didnt tell them anything about my previous attempts ha

I was told yesterday it would be 3 months before I could apply again so I just chanced my arm!

tell them your employed though!

I'd say the deposit was down to my DD bouncing a few times on the internet with them but I dunno ha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

i just had O2 calling me begging me to come back and offering free credit blahdeblah.

I just said no thanks and they asked if i had a better deal at 'three' and i said i got a free iphone. The call ended shortly after that!!

was told yesterday it would be 3 months before I could apply again so I just chanced my arm!

Just off the phone with a lovely 3 rep who has took my order. Now to await the result of the credit check! Fingers crossed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭kellsred

Just to let people know that if you are getting a phone or sim with 3 on bill or pay as you go, you can help out your local soccer team.

When you are in the store signing up, mention their FAI offer and they will be able to search for the code for your local club.

It doesn't cost you anything, it's part of 3's sponsorship with the FAI. The nominated club will get a payment when the person is signed up, and a smaller loyalty payment every few months.

It's a great way of helping out your local club in these hard times!

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

Three are rubbish !! half arsed mobile provider , they're cheap and give free ip4's for a reason , you pay peanuts you get monkeys....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,132 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

kellsred wrote: »
    Just to let people know that if you are getting a phone or sim with 3 on bill or pay as you go, you can help out your local soccer team.

When you are in the store signing up, mention their FAI offer and they will be able to search for the code for your local club.

It doesn't cost you anything, it's part of 3's sponsorship with the FAI. The nominated club will get a payment when the person is signed up, and a smaller loyalty payment every few months.

It's a great way of helping out your local club in these hard times!

All Affinity deals are excluded from the free iPhone 4 offer that includes the one with the FAI. Offer is still on every other phone and internet plans including pay as you go and sim only.
    FAI deal will be back for iPhone after 31st of May when the free offer finishes.

Just off the phone with a lovely 3 rep who has took my order. Now to await the result of the credit check! Fingers crossed!!

well???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

gizabeer wrote: »
    Three are rubbish !! half arsed mobile provider , they're cheap and give free ip4's for a reason , you pay peanuts you get monkeys....

Incorrect:( Iwas with Three for 3 yrs and have found them to be way ahead of the opposition. Never had a problem. Travelled qall over the country and very rarely had reception problems. Their 3g is way ahead of Meteor. Range of phones are as good as you will get from the big monkeys. I don't hold a flag for any network. I will critisise or praise as I find them:)

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

Hey, cool it! What's your gripe? Do you work for Vodafone or something? I'm very happy on three with my package & service. I joined them last Sept and V happy with everything they provide!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

I dont have a big gripe with three but i do have some small issues. I'll admit there offers a great, and they have good 3G coverage. So much that i recommend this very offer to my brother and father, which they have signed up to and both got there iPhones. Probably one issue I have had was where calls would wouldn't ring, they would go straight to voice mail, obviously I checked all the settings that might cause this issue but I happened every so often but did improve the longer I was with three. Sadly my father has his first encounter with his new iPhone today so I know its not limited to me.

Out of curiosity has anyone had this issue?

• Advertisement

well???

Still waiting on my credit check. The order was 'received' at 1545.
    I'm waiting for the credit dept to get back to work and change that to 'order confirmed' rather than rejected!
    Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

I got stung for the €150 deposit even though ive an immaculate credit record. Hmm.....i know ill get it back but its a big chunk to give out this month tbh. Ive found the call centre people very difficult to understand. Got an indian girl earlier trying to explain to me about the deposit and i had to ask her to repeat practically every second sentence, very annoying. Told her id give it more thought and ring back on tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Darragho

anniehoo wrote: »
    I got stung for the €150 deposit even though ive an immaculate credit record. Hmm.....i know ill get it back but its a big chunk to give out this month tbh. Ive found the call centre people very difficult to understand. Got an indian girl earlier trying to explain to me about the deposit and i had to ask her to repeat practically every second sentence, very annoying. Told her id give it more thought and ring back on tuesday.

Re the credit check I remember this happened me a number of years ago when i signed up for the broadband, like that had excellent credit history I spoke with someone in 3 as was very annoyed who advised it is either 1 in 10 or 1 in 20 who are charged the deposit so this just the luck of the draw of when you sign up on whether you will be charged the deposit or not

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭tm2204

This is absolute sh * ite. I'm on Three now for a while and the package i'm on is unbeatable (look for my previous posts) and service/signal is top notch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

Just to let ye know,if your a student dont even bother trying. My financial history is perfect,iv lived in the same house since i was born and was rejected.Then when i change it from a student to where i work,i got the phone. It just doesnt make any sense.Students can pay their way in life as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,132 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Fol20 wrote: »
    Just to let ye know,if your a student dont even bother trying. My financial history is perfect,iv lived in the same house since i was born and was rejected.Then when i change it from a student to where i work,i got the phone. It just doesnt make any sense.Students can pay their way in life as well!

Isn't the typical student knee high in debt and living on handouts from mam/dad and the government, a lot also dissapear for the summer. No offense to them but there still unemployed. I know when I was a student and if forced to make a decision between cider and paying phone bill cider would win every time.
    I was pretty broke as a student twice, a tayto sandwich was a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

Got my i phone on Thursday, and i have to say I'm impressed with there network, I was with Meteor previous and found there coverage crap around Tallaght.

My one concern with three was the fact there call center was in India but I had a few issues to start with and I have to say I got them resolved with no issues (To be fair to three they were my issues haha).

Thumbs up for Three for this offer :D and Im happy with my new Iphone 4

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

I know when I was a student and if forced to make a decision between cider and paying phone bill cider would win every time.
    I was pretty broke as a student twice, a tayto sandwich was a treat.

Ahhh yea I would have been the same when I was a student 'Old English' would have been first before the phone bill (In my day there was no mobiles though :o)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,176 ✭✭✭✭km79

i took the plunge :D credit check and NO DEPOSIT :) also i got first month free cos i have internet already from them so i asked and they offered me that!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Jimmyboss

Are the flexi-units 3 to 3 only or to all networks?

Advertisement