Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone 4, free upfront, €40 euro a month [24 month contract]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

If you go for this, do you have to keep the iPhone 4 for the 2 years or can you upgrade to the newer versions when they come out?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Misticles wrote: »
    If you go for this, do you have to keep the iPhone 4 for the 2 years or can you upgrade to the newer versions when they come out?

I'm guessing you wouldn't be entitled to an upgrade for 2 years so if you wanted to change phones u'd have to pay full price..

I'm so tempted.... I've never been on Bill Pay before though :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭happymondays

NeVeR wrote: »
    what hassle ?

I was with Vodafone for 4 years on pay as you go...

Then meteor pay as you go for 4 years...

2 years on Three with a free iphone is not a hassle

the difference is on pay as you go you can spend as little or as much as you want. it all under your control. if you dont have money some month for whatever reason then you dont need to spent anything.
    if you only want to spend 5 euro on credit you can.

on bill pay your contracted to pay at the mimimum 40 euro a month for
    the next 2 years solid like it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

I'm so tempted.... I've never been on Bill Pay before though :/

If you are nervous about billpay or a 2 year contract, then Ibood have a good deal today for an excellent smart phone. Its €200. Considering you will likely have to pay a €150 deposit for the iPhone and over the two years you will be paying €240 for the iPhone it is a pretty good deal. Its completely unblocked too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 fermeen

Delta Kilo wrote: »
    If you are nervous about billpay or a 2 year contract, then Ibood have a good deal today for an excellent smart phone. Its €200. Considering you will likely have to pay a €150 deposit for the iPhone and over the two years you will be paying €240 for the iPhone it is a pretty good deal. Its completely unblocked too.

Not bad but not in the iphones league. This from its review on trusted reviews:
    We’re not overly keen on the Liquid E’s design as it’s a little too plasticky and a tad too wide for our liking. However, if you can get past the design issues you’ll find a very capable handset with a fast processor, great capacitive screen and good all-round specification. At present, we think it’s priced a little too high in comparison to the likes of the HTC Legend, but if the price falls soon it may be worth serious consideration.

BTW i'm an android user.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

May not be as good as an iPhone, but for the price it is an amazing offer, especially if you are nervous about having to pay a bill for 2 years. When you consider that people usually pay €100-€150 ona payg phone, it isnt half bad. Plus it is unblocked so you can use it regardless of what network you switch to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Framework

Hoping to get my Iphone 2mor, think this is a great deal..I want to port from Vodafone asap, however the iPhone will be delievered to home adress but I will be at work..What details do 3 require for me to port? Or do I have to have the Iphone in my physical possession before I can port?

Thanks
    F

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Framework wrote: »
    Hoping to get my Iphone 2mor, think this is a great deal..I want to port from Vodafone asap, however the iPhone will be delievered to home adress but I will be at work..What details do 3 require for me to port? Or do I have to have the Iphone in my physical possession before I can port?

Thanks
    F
    The iPhone will come with a prepay microsim with an 083 number assigned to it - you'll need this number to port. If you are on billpay with vodafone, then you'll also need your customer/account number. You won't need the iPhone physically in front of you, just your current phone. Watch out though, the port is generally instant and will have already swopped over to your Three SIM before you are even off the phone to customer care. You will no longer receive incoming calls to your current phone and your vodafone one usually cuts out within ten minutes. Don't leave yourself stuck without a phone for the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Rang Vodafone and told them id be closing my account next week with them. They are well aware of this deal and said they've no intention of matching it anytime soon. They made a half hearted attempt to keep my custom but knew it was a lost cause. Cant wait to get my iPhone now...for once ill actually be up to date with technology rather than being years behind :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Alonso69

Hi guys, i went into 3 shop on grafton st yesterday with bills and photo id and after 20 mins i got refused cause of the credit check, i went back to work and ordered online got a call saying i needed to pay 150 which i did without providing any id or proof of address and received my iphone4 came today!! happy days...............:)

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭kellsred

Kensington wrote: »
    The iPhone will come with a prepay microsim with an 083 number assigned to it - you'll need this number to port. If you are on billpay with vodafone, then you'll also need your customer/account number. You won't need the iPhone physically in front of you, just your current phone. Watch out though, the port is generally instant and will have already swopped over to your Three SIM before you are even off the phone to customer care. You will no longer receive incoming calls to your current phone and your vodafone one usually cuts out within ten minutes. Don't leave yourself stuck without a phone for the day!

I wish! Took them 2 days and 3 calls to customer services to get mine done!

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

just a question on porting , i am with O2 locked in a contract until December , if i get the iphone from 3 with a new sim on the 40e a month plan will it be possible to change over my O2 number in december, ie replace the 3 number and stay on the same contract with 3 .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

BrendanD wrote: »
    just a question on porting , i am with O2 locked in a contract until December , if i get the iphone from 3 with a new sim on the 40e a month plan will it be possible to change over my O2 number in december, ie replace the 3 number and stay on the same contract with 3 .

I actually asked the same question as above and was told that there is a 25e charge for switching number,Hope this helps..Ask them before you make any move just to confirm though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭glaston

Anybody know how much texts to the UK cost?
    Can you use your flexi units to text UK?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Posher

glaston wrote: »

Now I am open to correction on this but as far as I understood you can use your flexi units while abroad provided Three have a network in that particular country. I asked about Spain as I'm going in two weeks time. They don't have a network there so I'll have to pay standard European rates and can't use my flexi units. I don't mind but I do like to know in advance.

Maybe the next person into a Three store to sign up could clarify.:) I intend to ask myself next time I'm near one.

Unfortunately not, UK texts are charged at 25c each.
    You can however use half of your flexiunits to call the UK.

I got declined :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭glaston

Unfortunately not, UK texts are charged at 25c each.
    You can however use half of your flexiunits to call the UK.

Can you use cabbage to send texts to the UK?
    I only really text one person in Scotland (he has a 3GS), is there any app we could use instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,132 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I got declined :(

Bit of a stones, were you with them before, are you in rented accommodation. Could have been a bad address, previous renters could have not paid a few bills.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Can you use cabbage to send texts to the UK?
    I only really text one person in Scotland (he has a 3GS), is there any app we could use instead?

Viber. Uses small amounts of data to make calls and send text between iPhones that have it installed. Tis awesome.

Bit of a stones, were you with them before, are you in rented accommodation. Could have been a bad address, previous renters could have not paid a few bills.

I gave my parents address as I dont have my post re directed so not a bad address :(

I have internet with them too!

I ordered one online using my current address and it went through but no doubt they will catch me :P

edit: they got me, declined again :( the guy I rent with got one off them a few weeks ago! maybe its due to a few bounced DDs last year for the internet! :(

I gave my parents address as I dont have my post re directed so not a bad address :(

I have internet with them too!

I ordered one online using my current address and it went through but no doubt they will catch me :P

Is it bill pay broadband, strange the would decline you if you've a good payment history with them, must have been the details you gave when they asked you the questions in the shop. If they put it properly joining it with your broadband account you should have been accepted and got your bb down to 14.99 at the same time.
    Doubt they'll cop on online as it's a different address, there's more than one Johnny ryan in the country ; )

Is it bill pay broadband, strange the would decline you if you've a good payment history with them, must have been the details you gave when they asked you the questions in the shop. If they put it properly joining it with your broadband account you should have been accepted and got your bb down to 14.99 at the same time.
    Doubt they'll cop on online as it's a different address, there's more than one Johnny ryan in the country ; )

yep its bill pay at 19.99 a month for the net! maybe I'll take a visit into 3 and see what they say!

yep its bill pay at 19.99 a month for the net! maybe I'll take a visit into 3 and see what they say!

Yea go back to the store and get them to call the credit team, it's possible they put you down as unemployed or a student by mistake ; ). If the store calls them they may be able to put through the application again and get it approved this time. Make sure they put it in with the discount offer for the broadband. No reason you should be declined. Saying that if your aged between 18 and 21 they might refuse.

Yea go back to the store and get them to call the credit team, it's possible they put you down as unemployed or a student by mistake ; ). If the store calls them they may be able to put through the application again and get it approved this time. Make sure they put it in with the discount offer for the broadband. No reason you should be declined. Saying that if your aged between 18 and 21 they might refuse.

unfortunately no :(

25!

ill try tomorrow! though it annoys me that old people are getting them willy nilly, what do they need with them!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭creative100

I went for it today and was told that I was randomly hit for the €150 security deposit. I tried to be clever and went to the nearest Carphone Warehouse and they told me its mandatory no matter what your being told.

I'm weary of the contract but I'm gonna sleep on it and try and come up with the €150 tomorrow. Would love to get my hands on the IPhone 4!

I didnt get told anything about a deposit, maybe I had to be accepted ha :P

kellsred wrote: »
    I wish! Took them 2 days and 3 calls to customer services to get mine done!
    Ouch! Something went badly wrong there. My brother ported today and it was instant and it was instant for me when I ported in a while back.

Welcome to iPhone land anyway (assuming it was the iPhone you got!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Posher

Ouch! Something went badly wrong there. My brother ported today and it was instant and it was instant for me when I ported in a while back.

Welcome to iPhone land anyway (assuming it was the iPhone you got!)

It took the guts of two days here as well. I didn't bother phoning customer service. I just brought both phones with me if I was going anywhere.

Advertisement