Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone 4, free upfront, €40 euro a month [24 month contract]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Yeah you can, or a carphone warehouse, thats what we did with my mother. We did need her old bill and ID for porting the number but even though that took a few days we still walked out with the phone that same day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

I'll be signing up for a new number. I'll have my bank details and ID/bill etc with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

NeVeR wrote: »
    I'll be signing up for a new number. I'll have my bank details and ID/bill etc with me.

Surely that'll never happen? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

That's all you will need for a new number. As said before, it's slightly diferrernt for porting.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Mauricmo

Just bought the deal online.

How long does delivery usually take?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 CantPushThis

With Vodafone 5 years now. Never had any problems. But with this deal I couldn't turn it down. Was going to buy it in carphone warehouse and see if I could get anything extra. Until I seen you get cash back on fatcheese. With a new contract on 3 Mobile. Don't know if I will be able to get the cash-back! Worth a try.

Order the phone online about two nights ago. Got an email saying order confirmed with all my details on it. So anyway rang 3 up today. Spoke to a lovely Girl from India with perfect English. She told me €150 was need for deposit.
    I had no problem with this as I had read previous posts. Order was online after all. Everything was grand no hassle. She said to me my phone will be delivered tomorrow.

Just checked my emails everything was comfirmed with deposit now showing.
    Its also saying if you order before 4pm you get it next day. After that two days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Was passing by the grafton st store and you'd think they were giving phones away(!) by the number of people in there.

2nd best bargain alert ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,853 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

2nd best bargain alert ever.

What was the best? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭deadduck

probably that 46" samsung LCD that argos were selling v.cheap last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

The 3G and 3GS are pretty horrible to use on 3, they've put all their effort into making the iphone4 work well on the network. A lot of the stores to trade in and some buy for cash, walking away with a free new iPhone 4 and 200 in your pocket mighten be so bad.
    If your going to stick with your own phone look at classic flex max 30day, 350 units, unlimited data and a freebie like unlimited landlines. Set you back 35pm, if you don't need the unlimited data look at mini/classic/super flex with the 500mb data add on.

Thanks - going to sell the 3GS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Posher

Can you walk into a three shop. Sign up / pay for it (deposit and all) and walk out with the phone ?.. Or do you have to wait a few days ?
    I walked in with my passport, bank details (I brought a copy of a recent bank statement but they didn't require it), a utility bill and my vodafone phone. I needed my Vodafone customer number to facilitate porting the number. They allowed me go online in the store to get it and accepted that (I don't get paper bills from Vodafone and didn't know it off the top of my head).

I left with a brand new iPhone 4.:D

Posher wrote: »
    I walked in with my passport, bank details (I brought a copy of a recent bank statement but they didn't require it), a utility bill and my vodafone phone. I needed my Vodafone customer number to facilitate porting the number. They allowed me go online in the store to get it and accepted that (I don't get paper bills from Vodafone and didn't know it off the top of my head).

I left with a brand new iPhone 4.:D

leave a deposit ?

leave a deposit ?

No I didn't have to. I explained it earlier in the thread: -

Quick update as I'm flying out the door to a bbq.:D

Hubbie and I signed up earlier. He had to pay a €150 deposit (which is managed as described in one of the earlier posts here). He opted to get it back in 6 months time by cheque rather than it going off his account.

I didn't have to pay any deposit.

The difference between the two is when they ran a credit check. My credit check came back with no deposit required. His recommended a deposit. The main difference (I think) between the two of us is that we use my bank account for the bills ie mortgage, gas, electricity, etc and I get paid monthly by EFT. He is self employed, gets paid in cash and has only about three direct debits per month going through his account. So it isn't that he has a bad credit rating, it is more that it lacks substance iykwim.

The girl told me that out of 20 customers she had processed applications for since the launch, I was only the 3rd not to have to leave a deposit. So I suppose you should be prepared to leave one and consider it a bonus if it is not required. I was forewarned re the possibility of a deposit because I had read this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭Zonda999

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055312799

Not sure would i put this in that category but its a good deal for sure, then again i have a Galaxy S so I may be a bit biased...

White iPhone on the way, in case there are any Apple fans lurking :)

http://www.engadget.com/2011/04/26/apple-gets-its-white-iphone-4-ducks-in-a-row-ahead-of-launch/

No I didn't have to. I explained it earlier in the thread: -

The girl told me that out of 20 customers she had processed applications for since the launch, I was only the 3rd not to have to leave a deposit. So I suppose you should be prepared to leave one and consider it a bonus if it is not required. I was forewarned re the possibility of a deposit because I had read this thread.

thank, I'll bring the cash with me ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭craftypaddy

got mine today, the man said some people are being refused by 3 if the credit rating is bad, he has given none out so far with out getting a depost, left with the phone and its up and running happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

Do they actually check your credit history? I ordered mine online, so obviously gave them no bills etc. They've dispatched it but I havn't heard word of the deposit yet

colly10 wrote: »
    Do they actually check your credit history? I ordered mine online, so obviously gave them no bills etc. They've dispatched it but I havn't heard word of the deposit yet
    They definitely checked mine but I was in store. I browsed another shop for 10 or 15 minutes while they checked it.

• Advertisement

shop assistant brought my phone out straight away and then said i had to wait 20 minutes for the credit check

anyone know how much to text uk on three as the webtext doesn't seem to do international

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Brilliant offer, am delighted with my new iPhone 4. I went for the 32GB model for 89 euro which is a great bargain. My contract was up with o2 and I had been paying 40 euro per month anyway but they had changed plans and I would have had to move up to 60 euro per month to stay with them. Even with upgrade price the iPhone 16GB was going to be 259 or something so I was unimpressed and thinking about moving to three anyway when I saw this.

Ordered the phone online the night of Bank Hol Monday and it was delivered this morning by Nightline (albeit at 7.30 in the morning which is a bit mad!). I rang Customer Support and was ported over by 9.30. Very happy, and I even have coverage in my apartment which I didn't with o2!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

angeldelight were you asked for the €150 deposit after ordering online? Its this bit thats stalling me as i dont really have it to give as a deposit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Redders825

Ordered yesterday online, scanned them over my proof of ID and proof of address. No deposit required, order confirmation received today at 3pm, so expect to have it in the morning.

Have been waiting for a good offer on the iPhone and this was one which ticked all the boxes, seems like the right deal for me, so went for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Redders825

Redders825 wrote: »
    Ordered yesterday online, scanned them over my proof of ID and proof of address. No deposit required, order confirmation received today at 3pm, so expect to have it in the morning.

Have been waiting for a good offer on the iPhone and this was one which ticked all the boxes, seems like the right deal for me, so went for it.

by the way i went with the 18month contract on the 60 a month bill. phone cost was €69 online, €79 instore

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

anniehoo wrote: »
    angeldelight were you asked for the €150 deposit after ordering online? Its this bit thats stalling me as i dont really have it to give as a deposit.

No - now I've had an iPhone plan with 02 for the past 18 months and would have a good credit rating, loan with no missed payments, lots of direct debits set up on my account already, not sure if this is the reason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭!MAVERICK!

960 big ones for a phone is still pretty dear to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

!MAVERICK! wrote: »

You do get calls, texts and data with that, €30 worth p.m.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

!MAVERICK! wrote: »

Add up what you will spend on calls, text and data over a full 2 year period and deduct that figure from €960. That's the "cost" of the phone assuming you aren't on an Iphone 7 by then :D

Advertisement