Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone 4, free upfront, €40 euro a month [24 month contract]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Lcronin2011

Wetbench4 wrote: »

This may all seem well and good but if you add up the 40 euro for 24 months that works out at €960 at the end of 2 years? How does that make sense? Why not just wait and save up and buy it off the apple website for €599? That way you can use the phone with any network or even if you are prepay (buy credit)!!! Thats a saving of 360 euro!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

And again... How is it a saving of 360 euro?

You still need to use the phone.The apple sim free version has NOTHING as regards to usage. The three offer gives you unlimited data, 350 minutes or 700 texts a month (or a mix or both) and 150 texts a month until the end of this year. It's not like your paying €40 a month for nothing. It's actually one of the best value iPhone tariffs on the market regardless of the free phone. Using your logic your actually getting this package for €15 a month if you factor in the €600 cost of the phone. No offense but your post makes no sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Lcronin2011

gpf101 wrote: »
    And again... How is it a saving of 360 euro?

You still need to use the phone.The apple sim free version has NOTHING as regards to usage. The three offer gives you unlimited data, 350 minutes or 700 texts a month (or a mix or both) and 150 texts a month until the end of this year. It's not like your paying €40 a month for nothing. It's actually one of the best value iPhone tariffs on the market regardless of the free phone. Using your logic your actually getting this package for €15 a month if you factor in the €600 cost of the phone. No offense but your post makes no sense.

Well actually it does make sense coz i have the iphone4 and bought it directly off Apple. And yes you are right about the no data plans but i am with meteor and have the free browse and text offer which works perfectly. Free texts for the month and free internet browsing? that is all i need! when i am at home i log into my wifi on it but other than that i use the meteor browsing and it is no worse than any 'data plans' you would get off three!! I was only trying to warn people that there is obviously a reason three are offering it free upfront!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭pah

With €360 left over 24 months I'd like to see how far €15 a Month would get you on prepay.

Remember three offer a 20% discount to a lot of clubs/groups, Munster rugby fan club, official FAI, GRA etc, would mean €32 a month! Got mine with 25% discount last sept and rarely go over €30, even then it's only a quid or 2 for competition texts or MMS.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭flyandrain

Well actually it does make sense coz i have the iphone4 and bought it directly off Apple. And yes you are right about the no data plans but i am with meteor and have the free browse and text offer which works perfectly. Free texts for the month and free internet browsing? that is all i need! when i am at home i log into my wifi on it but other than that i use the meteor browsing and it is no worse than any 'data plans' you would get off three!! I was only trying to warn people that there is obviously a reason three are offering it free upfront!!

:D try to add in some information as well. most of networks are doing the promotions when you port over with your Number, top up 20 euro to get another 20 euro credit for free.

360 euro could let you get 720 euro credit with free call and text to particular network. and you can use up all your credits before next topup. Normally every time topups may last for 1 and half month or 2 mths, cos of 40 euro credit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 mcnallg

Looks like this offer is still on is it? Its still up on the three website anyway.

Anyone know if there's a way to get free 3 to 3 texts instead of/as well as calls?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

gah! I have tried a lot to get my friend approved and declined all the way!! he was a clean history! I just dont get it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭timefora_J

Picked one up meself in Waterford yesterday in Carphone Warehouse, surprised I got it becuase my credit rating is less then perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

You still have to pay €20 a month for that offer of the free text and data. And as well as that, the price of calls on the meteor prepay network is pretty expensive. I have the same set up as you at the moment and if you work it out logically:

Buying the iPhone 4 in apple store: €599
    Monthly Topup of €20 (min) x 24 months: €480
    Thats a total of : €1079 for your phone and your topups for 2 years

Buying from three costs: €960

I personally prefer being prepay so I will pay the extra few quid not to be stuck on a contract which i may not be able to afford in the future. However most people will benefit from this deal if they can afford the €40 p.m

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

Hi Folks,

So I'm gonna go for this deal, can anyone shed some light on the following?

Myself and my wife are both with Meteor Bill Pay Lite, 30 day contract. Should I call meteor and give my notice or go to 3 and let them do it for me?

Will there be any issue with my meteor contract running past the expiry of this deal with 3 by a few days?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

They ask you when you're applying who you are currently with, afaik they will do it for you once you provide the account number etc

So I called Meteor to ask about giving my 30 days notice, they said I dont need to give any notice of I'm on bill pay lite, happy days.

Went ahead and ordered 2 iphones from 3 (over the phone), no deposit required. Got 2 order confirmations, but subsequently got notification to say they are out of stock and they couldnt fill my wifes order. Still looks like mine will be delivered tomorrow, so worth asking them if they're actually in stock before going through with the order.

Still, mines coming tomorrow, thats all I care about :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

So I called Meteor to ask about giving my 30 days notice, they said I dont need to give any notice of I'm on bill pay lite, happy days.

Went ahead and ordered 2 iphones from 3 (over the phone), no deposit required. Got 2 order confirmations, but subsequently got notification to say they are out of stock and they couldnt fill my wifes order. Still looks like mine will be delivered tomorrow, so worth asking them if they're actually in stock before going through with the order.

Still, mines coming tomorrow, thats all I care about :D

Husband of the year:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

What does "order awaiting deposit" mean?

i can get one but will have to pay a deposit?

Order Date: May 5 2011 4:21PM
    Order Status: Order Awaiting Deposit Status Date: May 5 2011 5:31PM
    Product Description Status Item Status Date
    Text All - Freebie Item Accepted May 5 2011 4:20PM
    iPhone 4 16GB - Black Item Accepted May 5 2011 4:20PM
    Internet Max Item Accepted May 5 2011 4:20PM

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Mauricmo

They contacted me by phone as soon as I placed the order to put through my deposit.

As soon as its payed your order is processed and if you had payed before 4pm you receive the phone the next day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 reynolsg87

Heavily considering doing this. Just a quick one on the 350mins calls / 700 texts thing. Is that to any network?

Also is it €40 flat for the 24 months or will / can 3 increase that at any time. Seems to good to be true!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

reynolsg87 wrote: »
    Heavily considering doing this. Just a quick one on the 350mins calls / 700 texts thing. Is that to any network?

Also is it €40 flat for the 24 months or will / can 3 increase that at any time. Seems to good to be true!
    Yup. 350 units to any ROI number - 1 unit = 1 call minute or 2 texts.
    You're also able to use up to 175 of those units for UK calls, although UK texts are not included and are charged extra.

Price wise, they are entitled to increase the monthly charge however they must give you 30 days notice and you will be allowed to exit the contract immediately, without penalty, if you wished.
    Highly unlikely this would happen though, it'd cause them no end of hassle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 reynolsg87

Kensington wrote: »
    Yup. 350 units to any ROI number - 1 unit = 1 call minute or 2 texts.
    You're also able to use up to 175 of those units for UK calls, although UK texts are not included and are charged extra.

Price wise, they are entitled to increase the monthly charge however they must give you 30 days notice and you will be allowed to exit the contract immediately, without penalty, if you wished.
    Highly unlikely this would happen though, it'd cause them no end of hassle.

Thanks a lot, I'll celebrate your reply by purchasing myself an iPhone!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭ladycam

anybody opting for the insurance? or can you get it cheaper elsewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 joejoegetback

Another thing with 3 iphone is free bitbuzz access
    http://www.bitbuzz.com/3/iphone/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

ladycam wrote: »
    anybody opting for the insurance? or can you get it cheaper elsewhere?

Good question. Yes, I opted for the €8.99 insurance coz the first 3months are free. I'll be hunting for a cheaper policy now that the free period is up

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭ladycam

nightster1 wrote: »
    Good question. Yes, I opted for the €8.99 insurance coz the first 3months are free. I'll be hunting for a cheaper policy now that the free period is up

I saw that about the first 3 months, but it said that offer is until end Dec2010.

I did it online, ticked box for insurance as it said somebody will call re that, but then it was automatically added on at end.
    Ah well, I suppose I should wait for confirmation that I have been approved first;)

woohoo, just got confirmed, no deposit either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

€8.99? My mothers being charged €13 :eek:

Decided to have a go for this, put my order through at 12.30, got a call 1 min after paying my 1 euro admin fee. They just wanted to confirm my details.

Heard nothing since, checked the online status and its just saying order awaiting deposit. What does this mean?

I just missed my delivery, no more till Monday:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭craftypaddy

where is the 8.99 insurance, i got charged 12.99 in carphone wharehouse, with a forty yo yo excess

• Registered Users Posts: 28 UnGround

I just missed my delivery, no more till Monday:mad:

I supposedly missed my delivery too even though i was sitting at home waiting for it! website says nobody home for delivery but they never even knocked the door! no note in the letter box either. Really pissed off about it

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭HiGlo

Those of you switching from bill pay on other networks, did you have expired contracts? Or was there a penalty for leaving the network?

I've been loyal to VF since day one (like, when it was Eircell!!!) and have never really wanted to change, but this deal is tempting... I got my iPhone 3GS free on the VF offer last year, but i'm on an 18month contract which won't expire till Sept or so. I presume if I switch to 3 now, I'd have to pay the contract cost to Vodafone? :( I am entitled to an upgrade on VF but seems complete thievery to pay €279 for the phone and then €45 a month for just 150 min, 150 txts and just 1GB of data (esp when I have 2GB at the moment).....

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

HiGlo wrote: »
    Those of you switching from bill pay on other networks, did you have expired contracts? Or was there a penalty for leaving the network?

I've been loyal to VF since day one (like, when it was Eircell!!!) and have never really wanted to change, but this deal is tempting... I got my iPhone 3GS free on the VF offer last year, but i'm on an 18month contract which won't expire till Sept or so. I presume if I switch to 3 now, I'd have to pay the contract cost to Vodafone? :( I am entitled to an upgrade on VF but seems complete thievery to pay €279 for the phone and then €45 a month for just 150 min, 150 txts and just 1GB of data (esp when I have 2GB at the moment).....
    I was loyal to vodafone for many years too, since I had an 088 number! They don't reward for loyalty though. They don't care. I left and went to 3 at the end of my contract. Cheaper and better service. 3 ate miles ahead. iPhone 4, unlimited data, free landlines, 350 units , all for €40/ month!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

I was loyal to vodafone for many years too, since I had an 088 number! They don't reward for loyalty though. They don't care. I left and went to 3 at the end of my contract. Cheaper and better service. 3 are miles ahead. iPhone 4, unlimited data, free landlines, 350 units , all for €40/ month!!!

Same here, you can add better coverage to that list for me.

Advertisement