Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone 4, free upfront, €40 euro a month [24 month contract]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

As I said in previous posts I would recomend this offer to anyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

If posters think vodafone and 02 are bad ,wait until ye have been with 3 for a few months .They are truely shocking company to deal with ,far away fields and all
    that .

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭Wats_in_a_name

I've been with O2 Meteor Vodafone Just Mobile & Three. Three is the best for coverage for me. Never had any issues and there customer service is top notch if your polite imo. Only problem I had was resolved after a quick letter and got a nice credit bonus too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

rebeve wrote: »
    If posters think vodafone and 02 are bad ,wait until ye have been with 3 for a few months .They are truely shocking company to deal with ,far away fields and all
    that .

Can you expand on that please.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭HiGlo

nightster1 wrote: »
    I was loyal to vodafone for many years too, since I had an 088 number! They don't reward for loyalty though. They don't care. I left and went to 3 at the end of my contract. Cheaper and better service. 3 ate miles ahead. iPhone 4, unlimited data, free landlines, 350 units , all for €40/ month!!!

Yeah, looks like a good move, but unfortunately I have to break my contract to switch and I can't afford that.... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Dexterm99

that .

I took this offer, switching from Meteor pay as you go. I was with 02 last year for two years and Vodafone for several years before that. Three coverage, in my own experience has been better. It could be down to the Iphone 4 as I've always used a Blackberry, but I don't get disconnected anymore when calling from the back of my house. Three customer service IMHO have also been great. They called me within minutes when I placed the order. They called again a couple of days later for the deposit and they called again 3 days ago to ensure everything was ok with the service... I did not go chasing them which I've always had to do with others, especially Vodafone.

I'm satisfied with the service so far and my wife has just ordered one too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭faral

feckinh hell - didnt know there are so many i****ts thinking i****e is the best.folks c`mman there is a better world out there

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

faral wrote: »
    feckinh hell - didnt know there are so many i****ts thinking i****e is the best.folks c`mman there is a better world out there

Grow up or don't bother posting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

faral wrote: »
    Let me guess, Android? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Goose_Hyypia

homolumo wrote: »
    Same here, you can add better coverage to that list for me.

Im the exact same, with Vodafone for 10 years but took up this iPhone offer. Great offer. Delighted with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Still debating this.
    Can someone clear this up for me. I know someone posted about it but the answer wasn't clear. Some posted that 3 can raise the price of the plan, but they have to give you 30 days notice that they will do that, and that you can opt out if they do so......Is that definite, that you can opt out if they do that? What happens to the phone in that case? Thanks.

Also, how does the ipod touch 4 compare with the iphone? (excluding the facts its not a phone/ camera isn't great/ no 3gs) My main interest in the iphone would be the apps and media (and not really the phone part!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭lastbuilders

I was with Vodafone too for many years (since 99 I think) but am very happy with this offer. Had an N95 before this and the IPhone is far superior imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

that .

Have to disagree i find support staff far more efficient than vodafone or meteor don't know about O2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Expecting my new iphone tomorrow..

Can someone explian (i'm an idiot when comes to this stuff) i'm keeping my same number switching from vodafone pre pay.. How do i do this do i ring 3 when i recieve my phone and they sort it out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

Expecting my new iphone tomorrow..

Can someone explian (i'm an idiot when comes to this stuff) i'm keeping my same number switching from vodafone pre pay.. How do i do this do i ring 3 when i recieve my phone and they sort it out?

Yep, just ring 3 and they will port the number. If you ring b4 6 they claim to get it done that day. I had no problems and it was done in an hour or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

TheZohan wrote: »
    Can you expand on that please.
    Billing for non use of data , and there cs is truely shocking .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Dick Burns

HiGlo wrote: »
    Yeah, looks like a good move, but unfortunately I have to break my contract to switch and I can't afford that.... :(

Ive another 9 months i think of an 18 month contract with meteor to go and im going to buy myself out of it,i pay the guts of 40 a month and get no value with meteor i have a big standard phone and only 200 free texts to any other network,at least i have an iphone and pay 40 a month with 350 mins or 700 texts on this offer

Just 2 questions

1)does anyone know is there a charge for internet usage? or does a free GB a month come with this?
    2) has many people paid the €150 deposit?i know people who have paid it and some who hadnt?is it to do with your credit check?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

That's the main selling point of the deal!! The €40pm includes unlimited data. I got 2 of them and neither required a deposit. Would be interested in someone from 3 sharing the criteria as it seems a bit random

That's the main selling point of the deal!! The €40pm includes unlimited data. I got 2 of them and neither required a deposit. Would be interested in someone from 3 sharing the criteria as it seems a bit random

thank you,my friend bought one in Navan and had to pay a €150 deposit but another friend bought one in Dublin and wasnt asked for a €150 deposit seems a bit strange?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Apparently it's random. I have Internet with them and I still got stung for the deposit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Afaik they take into account the questions they ask you when signing up. Like your address, how long you've been living there, payment method, etc.

possbily as the friend who was asked for the €150 deposit is in college and only working part time,while the other guy is working full time wasnt asked for the €150 deposit

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jack01

I got the iphone 4 with 3 today, i've been with them for a year now and find the service good, my bills are very reasonable and i've had a pretty good experience when dealing with customer services.

Can anyone here tell me how to transfer the contacts on my iphone 3 to the iphone 4, i'm not great with this sort of stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

jack01 wrote: »
    I got the iphone 4 with 3 today, i've been with them for a year now and find the service good, my bills are very reasonable and i've had a pretty good experience when dealing with customer services.

Can anyone here tell me how to transfer the contacts on my iphone 3 to the iphone 4, i'm not great with this sort of stuff.

I have a mac and i use the address book that is installed on my mac to change details

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭theaaao

Was in the shop the other day and the sales girl was saying that Three might be offering an upgrade package or something to iphone 5 (or 4s..who knows..!!) when it comes out.
    Can Fiona or Patrick shed some light on this?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

Despite already being a 3 customer, and a homeowner, they saw fit to ask for a deposit when I tried to order an iPhone for my wife. The 3 reps gave the impression that this was something they could waive... left me hanging for 2 days, only to say that the deposit would have to be paid.

I will be taking my money elsewhere, and as soon as I can find a way, will be leaving 3. Their customer service sucks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Connect old phone to PC and use iTunes to sync it with MS Office Outlook. After that connect the new iPhone and sync it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 NTG88

If you just pop into the 3 shop with both sims they'l do it for you in a matter of seconds free of charge!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭pah

NTG88 wrote: »
    If you just pop into the 3 shop with both sims they'l do it for you in a matter of seconds free of charge!

Contacts are stored on the device I believe.

If you sync your iPhone3G with iTunes & check the box for contact sync, selecting outlook the contacts should transfer to your PC.

Simply do the reverse when you set up the iPhone4 through iTunes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 hartnett_mark

You pay at least €960 and they have new client for two years, but still i would take it if i wouldn't have new HTC Sensation.

Advertisement