Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone 4, free upfront, €40 euro a month [24 month contract]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Darragho

I just placed my order online just now, am so excited I cant wait to get my iphone and get rid of the Palm Pre I have had for 18months I always told myself I should have got an iphone and that day has arrived.

They surely cant decline my order as I have broadband with them already?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Jimmyboss wrote: »
    Are the flexi-units 3 to 3 only or to all networks?
    All networks.
    Darragho wrote:
    They surely cant decline my order as I have broadband with them already?
    They can. You will be credit scored just like anyone else and you will be subject to whatever the result of that credit score may be.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Magicschoolbus

Hey guys,

Im very tempted by this offer. Unfortunately, I'm finishing up a work contract in september and I'm not sure I'll I'm going to be working abroad from next year. So my only concern is signing up to a two year contract. Are there any ways out of this, e.g. changing num and giving to someone else? I know I can use it on the 3 networks outside Ireland as normal but not sure which country Ill be in!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

km79 wrote: »
    i took the plunge :D credit check and NO DEPOSIT :) also i got first month free cos i have internet already from them so i asked and they offered me that!!!
    I have internet with them too and didn't get offered that?! I will be ringing them on tuesday and enquiring about that!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Gremlin

Very tempted, I've been with O2 for about 10 years. I agreed to a contract about 16 months ago so I think I'll be ok. Anyway to check that? Ring them up I guess? I've been avoiding the iPhone but this seems too good an offer to refuse. Love the way you can use up the flexi minutes. I rarely text, if I have something to say, i'll call.

One question is the billing per second, e.g. if I ring someone for 10 seconds do i still us up a full flexi-unit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭Wats_in_a_name

Gremlin wrote: »
    One question is the billing per second, e.g. if I ring someone for 10 seconds do i still us up a full flexi-unit?

Yes a 10 second call is one flexi-unit and a 61 second call is 2 flexi-units.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Hey guys,

Im very tempted by this offer. Unfortunately, I'm finishing up a work contract in september and I'm not sure I'll I'm going to be working abroad from next year. So my only concern is signing up to a two year contract. Are there any ways out of this, e.g. changing num and giving to someone else? I know I can use it on the 3 networks outside Ireland as normal but not sure which country Ill be in!
    I'm not sure, this may be one for the Three reps in the [Talk to Three] section.
    I do know that they won't unlock the handset until the end of the contract, either after the two years are up or you pay to be released early - you wouldn't be able to use your iPhone abroad with anything other than a Three SIM card.
    Gremlin wrote:
    Billing is per second. Each second uses up 0.016 flexi units. A 10 second call will use 0.16 of a flexi unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭lastbuilders

Ordered mine yesterday so should be here on Monday\Tuesday. After 10+ years with Vodafone it will be interesting to see how I go with Three. I did have them for broadband but was a bit up and down and changed back to other service provider so hopefully this works better. My N95 has been acting up since junior dropped it on the ground so hopefully the IPhone will take that punishment a bit better.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭ciarraioch1

Ordered mine yesterday so should be here on Monday\Tuesday.

You can check the status of your order here

Out of interest, is your order still set as 'order received', or have you gotten order confirmed?

I ordered on the phone friday evening and have been stuck on order received all weekend! The rep said delivery on Wednesday, so I can only assume that the credit check dept are off until tuesday morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Darragho

You can check the status of your order here

Out of interest, is your order still set as 'order received', or have you gotten order confirmed?

I ordered on the phone friday evening and have been stuck on order received all weekend! The rep said delivery on Wednesday, so I can only assume that the credit check dept are off until tuesday morning!

Hey,

I ordered mine Saturday night and they rang me 9.30 Sunday morning from Indian call centre all sorted so fingers crossed I should have it tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

Which version are all of ye going for..black or white..

I went black myself

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭lastbuilders

I went for black. Current status is Order Approved from the Three site.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

I went for black. Current status is Order Approved from the Three site.

I think the novelty of the white iphone would wear off after a while. It's a bit tacky. Although, one problem I find is that my black iphone is hard to find sometimes if i put it down in dark surroundings. The white phone would be easier to find, however, I have never left my iphone anywhere, it's with me 24/7.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭ciarraioch1

Current status is Order Approved from the Three site.

What the hell did I do that my order is being ignored?! I'm still on 'order received'

Update:
    rang their call centre and was informed that my order had probably been declined because if it were approved it would have been updated within 24hrs.

What the hell did I do that my order is being ignored?! I'm still on 'order received'

Update:
    rang their call centre and was informed that my order had probably been declined because if it were approved it would have been updated within 24hrs.

they usuually call back if its approved.

I got my decline email within 20 minutes of doing it online :/

anyone know if living with parents would be a reason to be declined?

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭ridonkulous

My status is on 'Order awaiting deposit'. They rang me after I finished up online to double check the details but nothing since and that was several hours ago. Anyone know what the story is?

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭kellsred

Misticles wrote: »
    No. That's what I put, even though I'm not (all bank statements etc delivered to parents rather than rented accomodation).
    I said I was a student; the salesguy said I would probably need to pay a deposit. When I told him that I was starting a job in June (which is true!) he put on the form that I was employed. No deposit was required after the credit check.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 NTG88

It doesn't really matter to be honest. I worked as an xmas temp in 3 and you'l probably be approved in the shop as the lads working their will alter your non critical info to heighten your chance of being approved by the credit section. The reason for this being, they will make commission off their sale to you. It depends largely on your credit history and ability to pay bills over the last 6 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 NTG88

Hey guys,

Australia, UK, Denmark, Italy, Sweden & Japan are the "3 like home" countries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

Out of interest, does the €40pm include VAT?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Posher

Out of interest, does the €40pm include VAT?
    Yes it does.

My friend keeps getting declined by using his parents address!
    he's LWP, full time job with the same company for over 5 years and has a clean credit history!

Oops double post.

My friend keeps getting declined by using his parents address!
    he's LWP, full time job with the same company for over 5 years and has a clean credit history!
    I wonder if it would it be anything to do with the address itself? As in maybe his parents don't have as clean a record.

Posher wrote: »
    I wonder if it would it be anything to do with the address itself? As in maybe his parents don't have as clean a record.

thats what I was thinking. would they have access to that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

I know this offer gets u the phone but wot if u have one already. Anyone see Vodafone's 'simply plus' thing. It is a SIM only deal but gives u loads of mins and texts, NO contract and is 40 Euro p mth incl VAT.

I am paying more in a contract with VF for less mins and texts!!. Contract does not finish until August and offer ends end May, raging.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Dutchy

Got an email after work informing me that I'll be getting my new iPhone tomorrow :D

At the moment I'm with Meteor (PAYG) and I still have €36 credit on the phone. Can I just use both phones until the credit goes on my meteor phone...and port my phone number over to my new iPhone in a week or two?

Cheers :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

Dutchy wrote: »
    Got an email after work informing me that I'll be getting my new iPhone tomorrow :D

At the moment I'm with Meteor (PAYG) and I still have €36 credit on the phone. Can I just use both phones until the credit goes on my meteor phone...and port my phone number over to my new iPhone in a week or two?

Cheers :cool:

Nope theres a 25e charge for switching no

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭soc

Leslie91 wrote: »
    I know this offer gets u the phone but wot if u have one already. Anyone see Vodafone's 'simply plus' thing. It is a SIM only deal but gives u loads of mins and texts, NO contract and is 40 Euro p mth incl VAT.

I am paying more in a contract with VF for less mins and texts!!. Contract does not finish until August and offer ends end May, raging.

THREE have a sim-only version of the iPhone offer, so you get the same plan (minus the phone) and it only costs €30pm. So if you like the iPhone offer but don't want the phone (i.e. sim-only) by taking up the THREE plan you'll save yourself €10 pm in comparison to VF, and the sim-only plan doesn't have an 'expiration' date unlike the iPhone offer... so when your contract with VF expires you can switch.

Advertisement