Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone 4, free upfront, €40 euro a month [24 month contract]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

anyone know how much to text uk on three as the webtext doesn't seem to do international

try Eirtext Pro app:)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

hummm its all well and good til you start looking at call prices and compare to other networks offers, 3 are notoriously expensive, gonna hold out another month or two til they announce if new ones coming out then pick one up hopefully on the cheap with a shorter contract

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭timeforachange

Ive been trying to find out off Three will they insure my PAYG 3 phone when I get it for the €81 annual once off fee. Some shops say yes, other say no. I don't know who to believe, 3 shops really can be ridiculous re: customer service!!!
    Does anybody here have any experience of their insurance??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Ive been trying to find out off Three will they insure my PAYG 3 phone when I get it for the €81 annual once off fee. Some shops say yes, other say no. I don't know who to believe, 3 shops really can be ridiculous re: customer service!!!
    Does anybody here have any experience of their insurance??

Ask directly on the three forum:> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1367

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭!MAVERICK!

Add up what you will spend on calls, text and data over a full 2 year period and deduct that figure from €960. That's the "cost" of the phone assuming you aren't on an Iphone 7 by then :D

Yeah but in my case you see im a miserable bastard and I might only spend around 10-20 euro per year on phone credit and use webtext all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

this orange san fran deal looks good a few treads down from here

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Well if you're in no hurry, it would certainly be worth waiting another month for a couple of reasons

The 3 offer isnt over till the end of May, so no worries there

3 have clearly had a good take up of this offer so the other networks(vodafone i would guess) are bound to come back with another offer that may suit better, no harm in seeing what they come up with

The iphone 5 is well rumoured to not appear till about September this year, its certainly looking that way anyway, although you never know with Apple. In any case, no way will it be a s big a change as it was form the 3GS to the 4

• Registered Users Posts: 48,176 ✭✭✭✭km79

what do the promotion codes stand for???? id be annoyed if i qualified for one and missed out:)
    2 of them are nbs 20 and nbs 5.
    im on the NBS with 3 so wonder would i qualify for discount???

• Registered Users Posts: 28,132 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

hummm its all well and good til you start looking at call prices and compare to other networks offers, 3 are notoriously expensive

Notorious expensive?? What other network iphone plan were you comparing them to?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

got mine today, the man said some people are being refused by 3 if the credit rating is bad, he has given none out so far with out getting a depost, left with the phone and its up and running happy days
    colly10 wrote: »
    Do they actually check your credit history? I ordered mine online, so obviously gave them no bills etc. They've dispatched it but I havn't heard word of the deposit yet

This is true.

I was in today buying 2 of them (me and my g/f) and i seen someone getting refused..

I had to pay €150 deposit on one of them and only €100 on the other strange.. both where set up in my name on my direct debit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

hummm its all well and good til you start looking at call prices and compare to other networks offers, 3 are notoriously expensive, gonna hold out another month or two til they announce if new ones coming out then pick one up hopefully on the cheap with a shorter contract

I highly doubt there will be a better offer...

3 have for a good while now been the cheapest network (bar meteor). Relative bough iPhone before christmas, asked me to look through plans etc with them. 3 was the cheapest by far both for the phone and how much minutes you get per euro you spend!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

I was halfway signing up today online..and stopped! Arggh.:o For me its basically majorly upgrading from a hill to a mountain overnight. Im with Vodafone for as long as i can remember with little or no complaints..always ready to go!

Ive never ever bought into the "latest" phones thing (but love the idea of them) and the 24mth contract thing and the possible €150 deposit is killin me.....but the lure of an iPhone4 is proving soooo strong on this deal. Another week will tell all for me. Keep the comments coming..im a hard sell lol :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

anniehoo wrote: »
    I was halfway signing up today online..and stopped! Arggh.:o For me its basically majorly upgrading from a hill to a mountain overnight. Im with Vodafone for as long as i can remember with little or no complaints..always ready to go!

Ive never ever bought into the "latest" phones thing (but love the idea of them) and the 24mth contract thing and the possible €150 deposit is killin me.....but the lure of an iPhone4 is proving soooo strong on this deal. Another week will tell all for me. Keep the comments coming..im a hard sell lol :D

Just go for it! You're probably spending €20 a month on vodafone as it is, right? For another €20 a month you're going to get a €600 phone that in two years time will still be pretty decent!

Three fall back on Vodafone outside of Three coverage so you're covered there.

If you are quoted a deposit when you sign up, just cancel if you're not prepared to pay. It is just that though, a deposit. It does get returned to you either by refund or a credit on your bill.

Kensington wrote: »
    Just go for it! .
    Payday friday....wahooo will go for it so :D;)

*nervous but excited*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 mossyhayes

Is a 24 month contract really worth the hassle?

Payday friday....wahooo will go for it so :D;)

*nervous but excited*

Run into a store tomorrow and get approved and the paperwork out of the way, get them to hold you one for Friday they might want a little deposit. If you wait till Friday you might not get one for the weekend. There flying out of the shops.
    If it comes up with a deposit tomorrow you won't need to pay that until you collect the phone Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

In the same boat. Have been debating whether or not to go for it, didn't wanna buy it on a whim. I am vodafone, have old N70, (don't like it), and have been pay-as-u-go for about 14 yrs.

My main reason for going for it is the fact, as Kensington said, I pay about 20euro a month, for crap phone, hardly any call time/ texts. The iphone has a very good camera and a HD cam. Sweet. :D

mossyhayes wrote: »
    Is a 24 month contract really worth the hassle?

what hassle ?

I was with Vodafone for 4 years on pay as you go...

Then meteor pay as you go for 4 years...

2 years on Three with a free iphone is not a hassle

it also only took 10 minutes in the three shop and within 2 hours my number was changed over,, so didn't need to tell everyone i had a new number.

\0/ Woohoooo.....did it!! Confirmation email sent...fingers crossed no deposit required now. Delighted with myself now after all that deliberation :D i think i wouldve majorly regretted not getting this deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

I know u cud say if u don't buy u never will..... but the iPhone5 is out in a few months and the iPhone 6 will be out and u will still be contract locked

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

I wish this thread would go away, every time I see it, I am tempted to get the phone.....but I don't need it:( Spend €20 per month with 02 (prepay) and get free calls and texts to other o2 numbers which is handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

nightster1 wrote: »
    try Eirtext Pro app:)

But Eirtext pro doesnt work as it only usees your allowance with the constraints of only irish texts..

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭MajorMax

Jimdagym wrote: »
    FWIW, I went to 3 last summer and its great. There was initial 3g switching problems, but thats gone months now. The 3 like home is awesome, where you go to a 3 territory and use your minutes and data out of your allowance once you use the 3 network. UK, Italy, Denmark. I was in Hong Kong and spent the whole time on google maps to get around!

So I'll be able to use this plan on my upcoming holiday in Italy? without any extra costs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

BArra wrote: »
    I know u cud say if u don't buy u never will..... but the iPhone5 is out in a few months and the iPhone 6 will be out and u will still be contract locked
    There is no guarantee we will see a new apple iPhone device this year. Rumours of only a new version of iOS in June, which anyone with an iPhone 4 will get anyway. The white iPhone 4 has just been released, apple will want to capitalise on that first.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Mauricmo

Iphone 4 just arrived. 3 are porting my number right now.

Bye bye Vodafone! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

!MAVERICK! wrote: »
    960 big ones for a phone is still pretty dear to me.

The phone quite clearly doesnt cost 960.

Thats like saying your Sky box costs you €300 (24.95*12)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Redders825

Mauricmo wrote: »
    Iphone 4 just arrived. 3 are porting my number right now.

Bye bye Vodafone! :D

Hi, expecting my today at some stage, how do or who do i contact to get my old number ported to 3 as quickly as possible? im leaving O2, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Mauricmo

Redders825 wrote: »
    Hi, expecting my today at some stage, how do or who do i contact to get my old number ported to 3 as quickly as possible? im leaving O2, thanks

Call 1913 as soon as you receive the phone, you can also go online too: https://www.three.ie/CorporateForms/forms/portingrequest.aspx

I think they actually called me as soon as I signed for the phone, but I missed the call.

Took only a few minutes over the phone and I was told it should only take 2 hours once the porting request goes through.

• Advertisement

Anyone on the sideline, right now you can get the white iphone 4 free, can't expect they have many, be quick. http://three.ie/shop/products/iphone-4-16gb-white-classic-flex-max-24.html They won't be there in an hour I bet.

Advertisement