Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone 4, free upfront, €40 euro a month [24 month contract]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

nightster1 wrote: »
    White iphone4 soon to be released. iphone5 maybe in time for Christmas, supposed to be not much different from ip4, except faster A5 processor.

The iPhone 5( a completely redesigned iPhone) will be announced in June, less than 2 months away and released in Ireland end of July/start of August.....same as every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,132 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

1913, if it all becomes to much drop into a store after work or tomorrow and get it there. It'll be Tuesday/Wendsday you'll have it from the webstore. Doubt couriers will be working Monday.

TheZohan wrote: »
    The iPhone 5( a completely redesigned iPhone) will be announced in June, less than 2 months away and released in Ireland end of July/start of August.....same as every year.

Not a hope, I'd say we won't hear about it until Q4 and won't get them until Feburary/March.
    Slight redesign bumped up processor and a
    few more megapixels is all that we could expect this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Posher

NeVeR wrote: »
    In work.. can't email... Any idea whats there phone number. I'll try ring them
    1800 949 524

Thanks for this. Hubbie & I are going to try the Drogheda store in the morning. We can't get there today. We're both Vodafone customers for the last 15 years - shame they won't do anything to match the offer because we're very happy with them otherwise.

Hope the Three coverage is good.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Posher wrote: »
    Thanks for this. Hubbie & I are going to try the Drogheda store in the morning. We can't get there today. We're both Vodafone customers for the last 15 years - shame they won't do anything to match the offer because we're very happy with them otherwise.

Hope the Three coverage is good.:rolleyes:

Get a free SIM to test first, don't 'hope'.

JustinOval wrote: »

That's no use without a properly configured 3 phone to go along with the sim, anyone on Vodafone won't have a problem as 3 and Voda have a national data, voice and text agreement. If anything they should now have way
    more 3G coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

just bough one there online :eek: impulse purchase of the century!

JustinOval wrote: »
    My next door neighbour got an iPhone 4 on a Three contract about two months ago so will quiz him at length later re the coverage.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

am thinking of getting this 2moro online but is it completely free as the website is stating..somebody say they look for 150 deposit.is this true as some people say they dont ask for anything.thanks for your help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

well I wasnt charged anything online, other than €1. Absolutely no mention of 150 deposit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

so all u pay is a euro then.......that is cool..wonder if u can cancel and keep the phone tho.must be a way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

My next door neighbour got an iPhone 4 on a Three contract about two months ago so will quiz him at length later re the coverage.:D

My g/f is with three and I'm with o2, there's no comparison in coverage, o2 are miles ahead. She can't even get coverage in her house where I get 3-4 bars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

am thinking of getting this 2moro online but is it completely free as the website is stating..somebody say they look for 150 deposit.is this true as some people say they dont ask for anything.thanks for your help
    If they do ask for a deposit, it goes toward your bill after a certain number of months. The phone is still free and you still end up paying the exact same after the two years as if you were not asked for a deposit.

Even better. :D

That's no use without a properly configured 3 phone to go along with the sim, anyone on Vodafone won't have a problem as 3 and Voda have a national data, voice and text agreement. If anything they should now have way
    more 3G coverage.

Not so, I could tether for hours on Vodafone without any issues, by now on 3 I struggle to even view web pages as the Vodafone connection provided is only 2G.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭doodio

156230.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭BROWNE51

Kensington wrote: »
    If they do ask for a deposit, it goes toward your bill after a certain number of months. The phone is still free and you still end up paying the exact same after the two years as if you were not asked for a deposit.

The deposit goes towards your bill after 6 consecutive bills (6 months), these all must be paid by the due date...if you are late or miss a payment the consecutive payments period start again (so it will be another 6 months from the overdue or missed payment).
    I am a 3 customer and after querying this, that's what I was told.
    €40 p/m may sound great but 300 flexi units can go very quickly and all of a sudden you bill wont be €40...choose your plan carefully!.I got a Galaxy S from them when they came out,signed up for the classic flex max, never had a bill even close to the €40(yes I know its my own fault!)...just saying, choose carefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Got my mother signed up to this today so just waiting on the number to be ported. My fathers very interested now too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,431 ✭✭✭✭cson

Hypothetically.....

How hard would it be to unlock the phone if lets say someone was signed up for this deal but decided they liked their old phone better :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

cson wrote: »
    Hypothetically.....

How hard would it be to unlock the phone if lets say someone was signed up for this deal but decided they liked their old phone better :pac:

Really simple. Go to iclarified.com and just follow the unlocking tutorial you need. Making a short story even shorter all you'll have to do is run a program (like an app, just click it) on the iphone which does it for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭timeforachange

BROWNE51 wrote: »
    The deposit goes towards your bill after 6 consecutive bills (6 months), these all must be paid by the due date...if you are late or miss a payment the consecutive payments period start again (so it will be another 6 months from the overdue or missed payment).
    I am a 3 customer and after querying this, that's what I was told.
    €40 p/m may sound great but 300 flexi units can go very quickly and all of a sudden you bill wont be €40...choose your plan carefully!.I got a Galaxy S from them when they came out,signed up for the classic flex max, never had a bill even close to the €40(yes I know its my own fault!)...just saying, choose carefully.

If you keep to under your 300 units, will your bill always be 40 euro or is there vat or any extras added to it?

Anyone know if Three does free webtext like Vodafone? I see a place to login to access your mythree account but as I've no number I can't log in to browse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭timeforachange

Anyone know if Three does free webtext like Vodafone? I see a place to login to access your mythree account but as I've no number I can't log in to browse.

you get 333 free webtexts

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭tm2204

you get 333 free webtexts

If you have a smartphone you can also use the 'Cabbage' app to access these 333 webtexts directly from your phone through the App.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭BROWNE51

If you keep to under your 300 units, will your bill always be 40 euro or is there vat or any extras added to it?
    Includes v.a.t.
    If you end up paying by giro as opposed to direct debit there is a payment admin fee of €3.70.I went over my unit allowance last month and on one call,26 min long(yes I know a bit of a yapper!) it added €7.46 + v.a.t to my bill.So if you use up yer units.....keep the calls short!.The "my 3 site" is very handy for watching your usage.Oh and voicemail is a bit steep, I think 15c per voicemail check and is not included in the bundle,Hulu is ok as an alternative but its a bit hit and miss for me.
    On a positive note their data package is very good, Skype calls from the handset are free (HSDPA only), coverage is nearly constant on my Galaxy S and even with one bar you can still have a good quality call.

Quick update as I'm flying out the door to a bbq.:D

Hubbie and I signed up earlier. He had to pay a €150 deposit (which is managed as described in one of the earlier posts here). He opted to get it back in 6 months time by cheque rather than it going off his account.

I didn't have to pay any deposit.

The difference between the two is when they ran a credit check. My credit check came back with no deposit required. His recommended a deposit. The main difference (I think) between the two of us is that we use my bank account for the bills ie mortgage, gas, electricity, etc and I get paid monthly by EFT. He is self employed, gets paid in cash and has only about three direct debits per month going through his account. So it isn't that he has a bad credit rating, it is more that it lacks substance iykwim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 sccats

Bought it thursday online paid €1 ( wonder if that is a deposit :) ) received friday and very happy but number hasnt been ported over yet. Well done three. Great offer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

sccats wrote: »
    Bought it thursday online paid €1 ( wonder if that is a deposit :) ) received friday and very happy but number hasnt been ported over yet. Well done three. Great offer
    You need to call them to port your number, it doesn't happen automatically.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭FakePlasticMan

Dammit to hell anyway!! I only signed up less than a month ago and paid €170 for the iPhone 4 on the €40 a month package for 2 years. I hate when that happens, €170 was better in my pocket than theirs ;-)

On the plus side I havent been experiencing any connection issues or reconnection issues and compared to the last phone I had from Meteor it's brilliant. I can actually use my phone in the Blanchardstown area :-).

Advertisement