Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Engineering Apprenticeships 2011

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭brotherrabbit

Jim236 wrote: »
    Anyone else noticed they only have years up to 2010 in the list on the work experience section. What do you do if your most recent work experience is in 2011?

I decided to add 2011 as i felt some of what i did this year was highly relevant.
    Any idea how many applied??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Jim236

I decided to add 2011 as i felt some of what i did this year was highly relevant.
    Any idea how many applied??

But you can't select 2011...

Doesn't matter anyway, I just selected 2010, I can always explain to them later.

But you can't select 2011...

Doesn't matter anyway, I just selected 2010, I can always explain to them later.

Just added it on.My plan is same as yours..tell them later

• Registered Users Posts: 23 kkk1985

luckly for me i have just read read all ye'r posts. i was going to just tear into the 5 tests now but i think i'll do some prep first. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9 DarraghK1989

I only have a D in maths, Im applying anyway and just saying I have a C but will they just not bother with me at all because I only have a D??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭A320

I only have a D in maths, Im applying anyway and just saying I have a C but will they just not bother with me at all because I only have a D??

Lying is the first problem,minimum requirements are there for a reason

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

If its a D in Honours I wouldnt worry, If its a D in ordinary, you will struggle with the maths such as integration.

D in Higher is as good as a A in Ordinary.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

C3 in higher level is the same as an A1 in ordinary...so yeah if you did higher you shouldn't have any problems with math questions. Anyways just wondering what are the chances of someone without any work experience getting this apprenticeship and how many people applied in total :)

Ok i meant to ask was this leaving cert

Darius,if you are young which I presume you are,not having work experience should not pose a problem for an apprenticeship,if you do well in your application and testing and show good willingness and determination you stand a chance as anyone else,i suggest you do a bit of background research into very basic things for an interview,such as a jet engine principle,principles of how lift is created etc nothing too deep

• Registered Users Posts: 46 arsenalia

Hi guys any one have any idea what websites you can check for practice questions on the Aer lingus aptitude tests?
    and suggestions on what way is best to start the online test?
    cheers!

• Advertisement

Sorry for the off topic but while talking about apprenticeships, does anyone know if Air Corps will be taking on apprentices for the aircraft mechanics later on this year? i wanna apply in as many place's as i can for a better chance of getting accepted

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Darius.Tr wrote: »
    Sorry for the off topic but while talking about apprenticeships, does anyone know if Air Corps will be taking on apprentices for the aircraft mechanics later on this year? i wanna apply in as many place's as i can for a better chance of getting accepted

They were taking in applications last month..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭jw93

kona wrote: »
    They were taking in applications last month..

Are you positive they were taking in applications last month because I cant find anything on the internet?

Thanks,
    Jack

jw93 wrote: »
    Are you positive they were taking in applications last month because I cant find anything on the internet?

Thanks,
    Jack

Then you're not looking properly. Below are 2 threads just from boards.ie about it:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056194260
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055996513

Below is the actual info page on the Defence Forces website:

http://www.military.ie/careers/officer/index.htm

I think the closing date was last month, so you'll probably have to wait till next year to apply.

just did my app tests now. they are all ok except for logical reasoning. that one was a bit of a bastar...

Then you're not looking properly. Below are 2 threads just from boards.ie about it:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056194260
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055996513

Below is the actual info page on the Defence Forces website:

http://www.military.ie/careers/officer/index.htm

I think the closing date was last month, so you'll probably have to wait till next year to apply.
    Isn't cadetship and apprenticeship two different things? because when I always check the military.ie website and click on apprentices it just says there is no vacancies and they have two sepperate forms for cadetships and apprenticeships...I dont know i might be wrong but thats how I understand it

Darius.Tr wrote: »
    Isn't cadetship and apprenticeship two different things? because when I always check the military.ie website and click on apprentices it just says there is no vacancies and they have two sepperate forms for cadetships and apprenticeships...I dont know i might be wrong but thats how I understand it

No you're right, my bad. Never read above kona's post.

Couldn't tell yeh if they'll be taking on mechanics this year, but you could try contacting Baldonnel, maybe they might take your details and let you know the next time they're taking on apprentices.

Another option would be to apply for Ryanair's apprentice scheme in Stansted: http://www.ryanair.com/ie/careers/job/SAMS1803

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Just finished the tests there. The last three were harder than expected.

A reminder to anybody who hasn't finished yet.The deadline is 17.00 this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭DConway

Hi
    Finished the tests about a week ago, anybody any idea when you might hear back from them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Interview stage isn't until July so I'd say it'll be a few weeks at least.

• Advertisement

Best of luck anyway folks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

Anybody heard anything back yet ?

mle1324 wrote: »
    No not yet, unless they are not replaying to those who didn't get through the online aptitude test, but i doubt thats the thing...

mle1324 wrote: »
    ]
    No. . . . We wait in hope. . . .

]
    No. . . . We wait in hope. . . .

just as a matter of interest did ye all get a conformation e mail or a thank you email after doing the app tests??
    i didn't get anything and i'm just wondering did i submit it wrong or anything?

Not after the test no, but I did once I filled out the application.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭seanyleary

and all that jazz!

at least something stuck from the apprenticeship, Gone but not forgotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭bradyle

Hi i was just wondering did anyone know of how physical the apprenticeship is...I'm a very small (5 ft) week girl and while im pretty confident i could handle the logical and analytical bits of it and have absoloutly no problem with doin manual work and getting my hands dirty I'm kinda worried i wont physically be up for it as in not be able to lift or carry stuff...so was just wondering what other people think..

Try Being Avionics,clean hands and no lifting,other than a cup of tea.

seriously though there should always be someone around to help if your removing a heavy part be it an engine component or landing gear component and you will not be expected to hold something very heavy without hoisting equipment unless theres a few to do the job

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

bradyle wrote: »
    Hi i was just wondering did anyone know of how physical the apprenticeship is...I'm a very small (5 ft) week girl and while im pretty confident i could handle the logical and analytical bits of it and have absoloutly no problem with doin manual work and getting my hands dirty I'm kinda worried i wont physically be up for it as in not be able to lift or carry stuff...so was just wondering what other people think..

You Wont have any problems there, in this day and age no one is expected to lift anything they are not comfortable lifting now matter what size you are.

I may be able to lift stuff for you if your not able but you can be guaranteed there is another guy that would be able to lift sumtin i cant lift for me.

You wont be long building up muscle in your arms anyway from bolting on nutts and bolts. You really dont have anything to worry about.

Its not nearly Physically demanding as being the likes of a Industrial Electrician and at that you prob wouldnt have much bother with that either ;)

Advertisement