Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Engineering Apprenticeships 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭LeakRate

Phase One is two weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭FOGOFUNK

Yeah, my phase 1 was one week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Ah for feck sake, Im flying to ibiza on the 1st of sept for 9 days lol

Id rather be getting the time off for Ibiza than repeats :p (hope to **** I dont have them!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

Ive 2 gigs in the 9 days im there so to be honest they can go whistle if they want me to cancel My yearly pilgrimage. Im flying with EI anyway so i should be excused lol

I just re read the Email, seems the Junior Cert is sufficient, Funnily Ive found my Junior but not my Leaving :confused:

Also for some of the younger lads, you dont have to pay to request results from 2006 to present.

• Advertisement

kona wrote: »
    I just re read the Email, seems the Junior Cert is sufficient, Funnily Ive found my Junior but not my Leaving :confused:

Also for some of the younger lads, you dont have to pay to request results from 2006 to present.

I found my junior cert results also but not my LC :D

I imagine it would stand to us better if we had the LC though

Even though I have a national trade cert as a electrician id still rather have the LC

I found my junior cert results also but not my LC :D

I imagine it would stand to us better if we had the LC though

Even though I have a national trade cert as a electrician id still rather have the LC

Id imagine most the people called back have 3rd level qualifications, I think its just to make sure you meet their criteria, the refrences will sort out the rest. I wonder if the aptitude test will be the same.

Best of luck everyone.

Had mine this morning, The engineer's questions were straight forward but the HR woman(who was smokin hot) asked a load of very similar questions and got a bit confusing when she basically worded them differently

• Registered Users Posts: 3 KatieH151

Had mine this morning, The engineer's questions were straight forward but the HR woman(who was smokin hot) asked a load of very similar questions and got a bit confusing when she basically worded them differently

Without sounding a bit cheeky...can I ask what kind of questions you were asked? :) How long was the interview?

• Advertisement

no problem at all,

The Engineer asked if i understood how a plane takes off and how it generates lift and how it turns and asked me if i knew a couple of flight controls. to be honest he asked 4 questions then the girl from HR asked a load about working in teams and how it has its advantages and if i was ever in a team situation where it went wrong. I was in there for 30 minutes. the aptitude test was short enough, only 2 modules. i had the true or false and the logical reasoning.

there was no mechanical reasoning practical exam.

Just make sure that if you were on social welfare between jobs then write it on that 5 year background sheet as everything must be accounted for. and they are mainly interested in your junior cert results, they only go to the leaving cert results if say you got a d in maths in the JC but need a c, well then if you got a c in the leaving than that is ok if that makes sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 kkk1985

I haven't got any police reference yet for when i was out of the country for more than six months. i wonder will this be a major problem or can it be passed on at a later date?? my interview is tomorrow...:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

I had mine this morning too. In terms of the paperwork they seem to be pretty happy for you to forward additional information via email when you have it so I wouldn't be too worried about waiting on a reference etc.

I had mine this morning too. In terms of the paperwork they seem to be pretty happy for you to forward additional information via email when you have it so I wouldn't be too worried about waiting on a reference etc.

thanks for that Emmett.
    did u get on good today?

kkk1985 wrote: »
    I haven't got any police reference yet for when i was out of the country for more than six months. i wonder will this be a major problem or can it be passed on at a later date?? my interview is tomorrow...:eek::eek:

I think its only a factor if they offer you the position.

they must contact everyone on your background check form and then get them to fill in a form and send it back.... I have 6 employers on my form as i do all contract work and 2 of the companies are gone belly under so i wonder how long it will take for my background check to go through :(

how did people get on today?

How did people get on today?

kkk1985 wrote: »
    thanks for that Emmett.
    did u get on good today?

I was happy enough with it, thought the HR side of the interview could have gone a little better but I suppose hindsight is a great thing. Invariably there will always be something that you'll think "Damn! I should have said that!". I guess I'll just have to wait and see like everyone else, hope they don't leave us waiting for too long!

How did you get on yourself?

I was happy enough with it, thought the HR side of the interview could have gone a little better but I suppose hindsight is a great thing. Invariably there will always be something that you'll think "Damn! I should have said that!". I guess I'll just have to wait and see like everyone else, hope they don't leave us waiting for too long!

How did you get on yourself?

I got on fine but again the HR side was a bit strange, anyone i was talking to though said the same. It seemed as if she asked the same question in a different way a few times.

I forgot to ask how many positions were available though.

• Advertisement

Ya. I presume there were certain traits and buzz words they were trying to weed out so maybe that would explain it? I asked about the number of positions and they said they are aiming for 20. She said that they may take less than that depending on the quality of the candidates at interview but that the maximum they will be taking is 20.

Id be fairly warey of the HR in any interview, they are big into their psychology and reading body language and all that ****e(well IMO it is, what has how I sit got to do with if I can operate a spanner correctley). But you have to appease them all, so thats why Ive been hounding the careers officer in college for tips on how to please these HR peeps :)

Unless you start talking ****e then I reckon you will be fine, thats why they ask questions arseways, they try to catch you out.

What are the skills and age of the other lads and ladys doing it? all college graduates or would it be a fairly wide mix?

just in the door lads.
    i'm happy enough with it. app tests were the same as the ones we did online and went pretty much the same way as before.
    the interview itself was relaxed enough i thought.
    practical questions were grand aswell. straight forward questions about general mechanics, a bit on electricity, and then flight controls and instrument use to fly. big emphases on safety and some rewording of questions.
    hr exactly as ye described above but she seemed to be positive throughout. i think it def physiological and body language she was on to aswell. or else she was eying me up!!:D:D

20 jobs and i expect there is at least 50-60 at the interview stage! yikes

20 jobs and i expect there is at least 50-60 at the interview stage! yikes

I would have said 40-50 per day at interview stage. The HR interviewer said that I had made it from a group in a four figure number to a group in a three figure number so I would have said that it's more like 150 - 200 at interview.

I would have said 40-50 per day at interview stage. The HR interviewer said that I had made it from a group in a four figure number to a group in a three figure number so I would have said that it's more like 150 - 200 at interview.

Holy moly i forgot there was more than one group a day! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Does anyone know when we will know whether we have gotten the job or not? Also I asked one of the eng guys as we were walking back to the lift how many he was interviewing. He said that he was scheduled to interview 5 on that day and he was there for the first half.

D wrote: »
    Does anyone know when we will know whether we have gotten the job or not? Also I asked one of the eng guys as we were walking back to the lift how many he was interviewing. He said that he was scheduled to interview 5 on that day and he was there for the first half.

thats all he might have been doing, but there was other people interviewing people also.
    I imagine we wont find out for maybe 3-4 weeks, they have a crazy load pf paperwork and phone calls and meetings to do.

I imagine we wont find out for maybe 3-4 weeks, they have a crazy load pf paperwork and phone calls and meetings to do.

I think we'll find out sooner than that. After informing the candidates that they have been successful they have to send them for a medical and complete security checking etc., all before the course starts in September. I'm expecting to hear within 2 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 doink

Anybody know the start date of the apprenticeship?

Advertisement