Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saints Row - The Third

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,151 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

''And you can get all this in our exclusive, pre-booked , online season pass DLC bonanza!''

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Must say all this dlc talk has turned me right off buying this game think ill be waiting a week or two till after its release wait and see how bad it is. Until then ill just keep watching the new gta trailer.

Must say all this dlc talk has turned me right off buying this game think ill be waiting a week or two till after its release wait and see how bad it is. Until then ill just keep watching the new gta trailer.

Definitely. I'm waiting at least a month to see how much they take the piss with DLC. It's okay anyway as I have plenty of games to play that are ahead of SR3 in the queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,679 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Watched it in work, can't listen to it. Is burt reynolds in the dlc??? This is a day one purchase for me but all this dlc is rediculous. I got 50+ hours out of SR 2 with no dlc so its worrying hearing that previewer say he could get 20 hours to get 100%

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

haha the zombie one is funny

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Watched it in work, can't listen to it. Is burt reynolds in the dlc??? This is a day one purchase for me but all this dlc is rediculous. I got 50+ hours out of SR 2 with no dlc so its worrying hearing that previewer say he could get 20 hours to get 100%

I don't think hes DLC.

I think the poster was just being sarcastic.

This site created a 14 page PDF magazine just for SR 3, pretty class.

http://www.gamerzines.com/

I remembered the trophy/cheevo list that was released and saw again there is a trophy for spending 30 hours in steelport. I can't seeing the game being 100% complete in 20 hours.

Some brilliant trophies and not one multiplayer trophy in site

edit: Oh Jaysus! Just tried the Initiation Station and saw what 'Sex Appeal' does. Actually crying with laughter!

They have the Kenny Powers dance as a taunt and a Hyudoken!!! My God, best character creation system ever! Every other game needs to copy this when it comes to creating characters.

Official Xbox magazine review - http://www.oxmonline.com/saints-row-third-review?page=0,0
    :eek:

• Advertisement

Trying to decide where to prebook this. I think all preorders come with the genki things which sound very meh except for the people launcher which looks brilliant. Any other collectors editions going? I remember SR 2 haveing a cool gun case with a bullet usb key.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Trying to decide where to prebook this. I think all preorders come with the genki things which sound very meh except for the people launcher which looks brilliant. Any other collectors editions going? I remember SR 2 haveing a cool gun case with a bullet usb key.

This one comes with a sound track and some cuff links as far as I remember, the limited ed that is.

Also game have some extra dlc that enable cheats I think with their pre-orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Heard there was a Collectors Edt that came with a set of high quality headphones, and another with a ice cube tray that made little ice bullets (and its shaped like an AK47 magazine).

http://www.gamebreakers.co/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/SaintsRowTheThird-SpecialEdition-SmoothCriminalEdition.jpg

Now if these are available in Europe....no idea.

Oh ya, saw the headphones one and soundtrack. Sounds cool but headphones don't work with ps3 or xbox so no autotuning your voice in co-op! Woulnd't mind the bullet ice tray one haha

Just read there will be a radio station with just music and ads from Adult Swim. Sounds class!

Saints Row: The Third hasn't even been released, but THQ's Danny Bilson is already talking about the next installment. Bilson says that developer Volition is already working on Saints Row 4, and that the game promises to push the limits even further.

"I already know what Saints Row 4 is about, and it is wilder than this one," he told G4. "It's a good example of how you take what you have and you say, 'what can happen in the next?'"

A wilder Saints Row is a lofty promise since Saints Row: The Third already allows players to do some pretty insane things. The game is set to be released for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC on November 15th. Look out for our review this Friday.

Source: IGN

Number three isn't even out and four is announced, weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Well, I'm now skipping this one for the foreseeable future. Today's one-two punch of announcing Saint's Row 4 and an online pass, along with the previous stuff like a year of planned DLC and the micro-transactions store have pushed me over the edge. If I do get it, I'll buy second hand so that THQ don't get a cent. I'm clearly going to get charged the same price as the game in DLC. Disappointing. Gears 3 did this too, for some reason. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Just because you have a highly anticipated game doesn't mean you should rape it with DLC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Healium wrote: »
    Well, I'm now skipping this one for the foreseeable future. Today's one-two punch of announcing Saint's Row 4 and an online pass, along with the previous stuff like a year of planned DLC and the micro-transactions store have pushed me over the edge. If I do get it, I'll buy second hand so that THQ don't get a cent. I'm clearly going to get charged the same price as the game in DLC. Disappointing. Gears 3 did this too, for some reason. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Just because you have a highly anticipated game doesn't mean you should rape it with DLC

I mentioned the season pass a while back and totally agree with you. you buy a game at x price and they want you to spend 2400 points on mystery dlc, the gears of war one was a good example, and a better example of a sucker tax, they basically included stuff in the season pass that was already on the disc and then went one better and announced after the dlc was released that that maps would be free for all on Nov.24th

SO with a season pass its a lottery / up to the developers whether not you get anything worth paying for in the 1st place. Seems like a cynical way of ensuring folks don't trade the game for the next big thing a week or two later after they invested an extra 20 bucks into it sight unseen, they could give you free avatar items to cover it and charge you extra for the rest if they wanted :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

+1 I'll pick this up a few months down the line. If a game is worth it I'll buy the dlc (Battlefield series for example)

This **** is having a laugh though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Official Xbox magazine review - http://www.oxmonline.com/saints-row-third-review?page=0,0
    :eek:

ive not played sr3 yet, but oxm is up there with the worst written, least objective, big score for big exclusive rags on the planet. never put any value on anything they write

• Advertisement

As much as I'm against this season pass crap, i'll still be getting this day one. I'm sure the content on the disk will be good enough for me. As for them talking about SR4, thats just devs gettings excited on wanting to make a new game, wouldn't put me off wanting to buy SR3.

The devs will see what a bad idea all this DLC is once they see no one buying it (hopefully!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

calex71 wrote: »
    I mentioned the season pass a while back and totally agree with you. you buy a game at x price and they want you to spend 2400 points on mystery dlc, the gears of war one was a good example, and a better example of a sucker tax, they basically included stuff in the season pass that was already on the disc and then went one better and announced after the dlc was released that that maps would be free for all on Nov.24th

SO with a season pass its a lottery / up to the developers whether not you get anything worth paying for in the 1st place. Seems like a cynical way of ensuring folks don't trade the game for the next big thing a week or two later after they invested an extra 20 bucks into it sight unseen, they could give you free avatar items to cover it and charge you extra for the rest if they wanted :mad:

Agreed, its the same reason Im skipping Skyrim as its just gonna have f**k all content and tons of DLC for features that should have been in the main game.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

As much as I'm against this season pass crap, i'll still be getting this day one. I'm sure the content on the disk will be good enough for me. As for them talking about SR4, thats just devs gettings excited on wanting to make a new game, wouldn't put me off wanting to buy SR3.

The devs will see what a bad idea all this DLC is once they see no one buying it (hopefully!)
    Yeah, I'm the same. I don't bother with DLC unless a bit of effort is put into it (like an actual add-on and not just a new hat or something). I'm sure SR3 will have enough to keep me going fo quite a while.

And again, I agree that the SR4 talk is just them excited to get woring on the next installment. You'd be fooing yourself if you thought there wouldn't be another one.

As for paying for cheats, thank god for PC's and peoples ability to make free trainers for games. Demanding money for them is just taking the piss.

CO-OP Surfing on the military jet = Awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

As much as I'm against this season pass crap, i'll still be getting this day one. I'm sure the content on the disk will be good enough for me
    Same here - season passes and cheats being labelled as DLC are beyond stupid IMO, so I won't even entertain the thought of purchasing either. That said, I'm not going to deprive myself of the one game I've been looking forward to for months just because I disagree with the THQ/Volition's post-release strategy.

this is a SERIOUS game of the year contender

Helix wrote: »
    this is a SERIOUS game of the year contender

Did you get your review copy Helix?

Did you get your review copy Helix?

yup

played the crap out of it yesterday

• Advertisement