Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saints Row - The Third

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mensch Maschine

I was never a fan of SR but this one looks promising. It's still silly in places but it certainly seems like a lot of fun. Gonna get in on release day!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

I was never a fan of SR but this one looks promising. It's still silly in places but it certainly seems like a lot of fun. Gonna get in on release day!

Yea me too. They seem to have improved on the driving which was a real turn off for me in the other ones.

That van were you can suck up peds and blast them out of it is insane! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I never played the first one but the second one was really amazing, The escape from prison at the start was so much fun and it just got better and better. I would prefer if the driving was more realistic but this is definitly on my to buy list.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mensch Maschine

Yeah, I'm liking the road textures and other small things. I think they are using a new engine and the graphics are clearly improved. The city looks nice at night with a the purple and stuff.

Looking forward to going on psychotic rampages and all that.

I got the Initiation Station (character customiser) demo. I've already made bad attempts at Patrick Bateman from American Pyscho, Drexl Spivel from True Romance and Steven Seagal, lol. Check it..

patrickbateman.jpg

drexl.jpg

seagal.jpg

I just hate the way the clothes are so chunky and mainly gay.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

budhabob wrote: »
    I'm speechless, that looks totally insane.

To me it looks too high res. I doubt it will look that sharp on consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

py2006 wrote: »
    To me it looks too high res. I doubt it will look that sharp on consoles.

It's made for consoles, always has been and always will be. It's being ported to the PC. Like it should be :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

I was looking forward to this game until I spotted this:
    oKyKS.png

Selling cheats (that were in saints row 2) as DLC. This is simply ridiculous and I refuse to support a developer who pulls this sort of sh*te

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/lx0dl/saints_row_the_third_is_selling_some_of_the_most/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

anywhere else have this up or just one site?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Fúck sake, DLC will be the death of me.

Well, not the death of me. But it's fúcking annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,564 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ya, selling cheats is absolutely taking the piss! Worse than the 'why spend hours playing a game getting xp to unlock items when you can just buy them all now!'

Some Devs have lost all sight of what makes gaming fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Looks like i buy it second hand so :cool:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Trevor451 wrote: »
    I was looking forward to this game until I spotted this:
    oKyKS.png

Selling cheats (that were in saints row 2) as DLC. This is simply ridiculous and I refuse to support a developer who pulls this sort of sh*te

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/lx0dl/saints_row_the_third_is_selling_some_of_the_most/

Will they ever fúck off! Why should we support them by buying new copies if they are then going to charge you for cheats. Baby jesus weeps!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Burt ****ing Reynolds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Any word on the tracklist for the game???? My searches yielded nothing.

Who remembers this gem from the 1st game ?????

From what I see advertized the invincible pack is just the pre order/limited edition??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

From what I see advertized the invincible pack is just the pre order/limited edition??

Since Ive not seen it anywhere else I think its an exclusive pre-order thingy for GAME. Now, if its released to the rest of the players after launch, no idea.

Is that the cheats and things? If so no they are actually selling that as DLC I think :mad: I also spotted on the website there will be a season pass for it. Sigh.

Edit: That pack is exclusive to Game it seems, but sure like most things it will end up for sale for 800 points sooner or later. Hope fully it disables achievements.

It includes

Infinite ammo
    Infinite vehicle mass
    Never die
    Unlimited clip
    Player pratfalls
    Super Saints
    Super explosions
    Low gravity mode

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bonesy.

Decided to get this instead of MW3.. CoD games are so repetitive nowdays and this series is just great craic!

• Advertisement

calex71 wrote: »
    Is that the cheats and things? If so no they are actually selling that as DLC I think :mad: I also spotted on the website there will be a season pass for it. Sigh.
    Game are advetising it as "invincible edition" on tv.

Season pass???

Seriously the games industry is ****ing begging me to start to play pirated games at this stage.

Game are advetising it as "invincible edition" on tv.

Season pass???

Seriously the games industry is ****ing begging me to start to play pirated games at this stage.

I know, spotted the season pass on their web site the other night, 3rd Item down, and look they kindly sell you Extended Download Service for 4.99 by default, check and see what that is !!!!! :D

https://store.thq.com/store?Action=DisplayPage&Locale=en_US&SiteID=thq&id=ThreePgCheckoutShoppingCartPage

Edit that link might not work , just go to saintsrow.com and click pre-order to get to the cart.

can't see that? just goes to an empty shopping cart, screen cap it dude?

can't see that? just goes to an empty shopping cart, screen cap it dude?

I'm lazy see edit :p

wow you can rent a game for a whole two years?? they can **** right off! This is why I never buy digital copies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

The fact they are selling cheats for it has really lowered my respect for this game. Half of the fun of the previous ones was using the cheats!! They can **** right off though if they think I'm going to pay to use them. This DLC bull**** just has to stop, its beyond ridiculous now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Selling cheats?thats just plain greedy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

This kind of rubbish almost makes me want to pirate the game. I was really looking forward to this but selling cheats just leaves a bad taste. Don't think I'll bother now on principle.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

jesus there really nickel and diming this arnt they, who wants to bet rockstar make a trailer mocking this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,564 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Advertisement