Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saints Row - The Third

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

It seems to be getting beyond the ridiculous - still going to at least buy it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mc Love wrote: »
    It seems to be getting beyond the ridiculous - still going to at least buy it

I agree :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Game looks really good however I hope the PC version is not going to be a port like the last one. Games should be made for the PC first and then ported to the consoles later to avoid cut content and crappy ports :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Oh great, this game will have 40 weeks of DLC. Well, that's really turning me off a purchase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Trevor451 wrote: »
    Game looks really good however I hope the PC version is not going to be a port like the last one. Games should be made for the PC first and then ported to the consoles later to avoid cut content and crappy ports :mad:

No way. Saints Row started as a console title and that's what it should remain. Sorry for you PC gamers but you've got a backseat on this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

DarkJager wrote: »
    No way. Saints Row started as a console title and that's what it should remain. Sorry for you PC gamers but you've got a backseat on this one.

If the developers are working with this mentality, I just hope the PC version doesn't get screwed over with things like no mouse support for SR2's main menu (and most, if not all, other menus*), and insanely sensitive vehicle steering - I've no idea what it was like for consoles, but vehicle turning with a keyboard felt more like you were applying thrust to jet engines mounted to the sides of the car rather than just turning the steering wheel...

*The menu controls were pretty crap as well, IIRC :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Robby91 wrote: »

If the developers are working with this mentality, I just hope the PC version doesn't get screwed over with things like no mouse support for SR2's main menu (and most, if not all, other menus*), and insanely sensitive vehicle steering - I've no idea what it was like for consoles, but vehicle turning with a keyboard felt more like you were applying thrust to jet engines mounted to the sides of the car rather than just turning the steering wheel...

*The menu controls were pretty crap as well, IIRC :P

Ah the simplicity of a nice weighty controller :D Thought the driving was a nice change from the likes of GTA 4...felt like driving a snack box at first but that became irrelevant when ya got the hang of it and pedestrians were flying over the hood!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Trevor451 wrote: »

Been made on PC this time (all games are :confused:) and then being ported to console.

Devs mentioned this already thank ****, 2500k 6870 16gb of ram and SR2 still runs ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

Ah the simplicity of a nice weighty controller
    A controller is all well and good (I have one myself, mainly for racing games/emulators), but I much prefer mouse and keyboard particularly since most of my SR2 playtime is from co-op (and I expect the same of SR3... :P) so I need my TeamSpeak push-to-talk button and I don't think there is a free button on a 360 controller to serve that purpose :P

I just hope that the PC version gets the attention it deserves :o
    pedestrians were flying over the hood!
    Pedestrians flying over your hood? I always found it more fun for it to be me flying over the hood (and in every other possible direction) in Insurance Fraud :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,564 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

New trailer showing The Deckers gang. The VR section looks class!

• Advertisement

And the achievements/trophy list has been revealed. I can't wait to play this. Obvious spoilers but it confirms the following weapon made it into the game after all.
    Fart in a jar!!!

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/saints-row-3/achievements/

Ow My Balls is hillarious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Well...gta had a good run , all hail to the new king

• Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭budhabob

Well...gta had a good run , all hail to the new king

I'm speechless, that looks totally insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭MaidenSlayer

Never even bothered to look into this franchise until my mate showed me a trailer for it earlier. It looks like GTA on acid... This looks like the real deal and a million times more fun than that GTA IV muck. Love the wrestling moves on innocent civilians lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Some of this is insane... keep an eye out for what mission is described at 1:27 :D

I'm surprised with so many people saying they've never played Saints Row but will be picking this up.

IMO Saints Row 2 didn't get the praise it deserved and is probably the most fun Ive had playing a game in a long time (Especially co-op :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Ok this looks absolutely awsome, never played the first two but will have to give this a go when it's out!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Big Knox wrote: »
    Ok this looks absolutely awsome, never played the first two but will have to give this a go when it's out!!
    Pick up one and two, both can be picked up for about 20 euro, Completely worth it and will add to the story, unlike GTA Saints row has had the same main character/gang in the first and appears to in the third(now quite saure about same lead char as I've been trying to keep my knowledge about it to a minimum)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭FetchTheGin

I'm surprised with so many people saying they've never played Saints Row

Never played it myself! I might pick up the first two. I love the GTA series so I would probably like this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Never played it myself! I might pick up the first two. I love the GTA series so I would probably like this.
    Remember how much fun Vice city was?? I judge saints row to be better and I bloody loved Vice city

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭FetchTheGin

Remember how much fun Vice city was?? I judge saints row to be better and I bloody loved Vice city

San andreas was better I think. Spent more time on SA than any other game, not that Vice City wasn't fantastic though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

San andreas was better I think. Spent more time on SA than any other game, not that Vice City wasn't fantastic though.

Yeah SA took all the good things from Vice and added so many other cool sandbox elements.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Think this mght be xmas purchase if i have the cash,its out the week after skyrim :O

No interest in Skyrim but I will prob pick it up next year sometime if its as awesome as people are making it out to be. This and AC: Revelations will be the last 2 big games for me before Christmas. Uncharted 3 looks brilliant but I can't spend 50 quid on a 7 hour campaign.

I seriously can't decide whether to get this or Revelations on release date and which to get for Christmas.

Anyone use that creation station thing yet to make your character the SR website and then load them into the game so you can just lash straight into a game when you get it instead of arsing around for and hour making someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

sheehy83 wrote: »
    No interest in Skyrim but I will prob pick it up next year sometime if its as awesome as people are making it out to be. This and AC: Revelations will be the last 2 big games for me before Christmas. Uncharted 3 looks brilliant but I can't spend 50 quid on a 7 hour campaign.

I seriously can't decide whether to get this or Revelations on release date and which to get for Christmas.

Anyone use that creation station thing yet to make your character the SR website and then load them into the game so you can just lash straight into a game when you get it instead of arsing around for and hour making someone.

Well sandbox style games like GTA/SR do have many more hours of gameplay packed in over the likes of FPS and action/adventure titles.

Venom wrote: »
    Well sandbox style games like GTA/SR do have many more hours of gameplay packed in over the likes of FPS and action/adventure titles.

Ya but I have spent a ton of hours on Ass Creed 2 and Brotherhood so I know Revelations will be class as well. I just know I can't pass up SR 3 either with the amount of hours I pumped into SR 2. Decisions, decisions!

sheehy83 wrote: »

Go for this man!

Remember all that fun you had in SR 2!!! :cool:

Ok, just checked out the Initiation Station and I think I'll be getting this on release and will ask GF for Revelations for Christmas!

Check out Tobias Funke hahaha

http://www.saintsrow.com/uk/community/characters

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

I have to say I am really looking forward to this game. The videos so far are hilarious!

I wasn't really a fan of the first 2. They just felt like cheap GTA's. But this looks to be a massive improvement with lots to do. As much as I love the GTA games, GTA4 was a but lifeless for some reason.

Nov 15th release date here?

Advertisement