Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saints Row - The Third

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Aye SR 1 + 2 were great games for having a mess in, so much random little side missions. Plus the story missions were quite good. Must play SR2 and try get a few more achievements.
    "There's no delivering pizza, no shuttling family members about in a long series of taxi missions. Instead, you take all the power of the Third Street Saints and you take the world by storm,"

So not like GTAIV with phone calls from Roman asking to go bowling....THANK F**K!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I think SR2 out did GTAIV (despite how much I loved that game as well). The fun that should have been in GTA was in SR2 instead, and its one of the few games I've played in the last few years that had me laughing out loud in some parts ("Bad Trip" anyone? :D). Plus your character was a total bad ass which just made it even better.

Looking forward to this and getting a solid release date for it. Hopefully some time in the summer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,575 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I just hope streaking is back. I was running round with a trench coat open and nothing underneath, a blurry johnson hanging out for the world to see. Then i press l1 or something and he closes the jacket and it says Streak. Went up to a couple on the bench and he flashed em, jacket open and swinging his hips in a dance. the couple cheered me and i lolled a lot! The i tried it to some homies who weren't so appreciative and got my ass kicked. Theres achievements????!!!!!!!!!!!! Did they add trophy support on ps3???

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Coop mode in SR2 was brilliant one of the best innovations in gaming, tad flawed but still very well done.

Definite purchase for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

DarkJager wrote: »
    I think SR2 out did GTAIV (despite how much I loved that game as well). The fun that should have been in GTA was in SR2 instead, and its one of the few games I've played in the last few years that had me laughing out loud in some parts ("Bad Trip" anyone? :D). Plus your character was a total bad ass which just made it even better.

Looking forward to this and getting a solid release date for it. Hopefully some time in the summer :D

Spot on there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I hadn't played the first one, but really enjoyed the second one. I borrowed it from a friend who kept telling me it was amazing. Now, I was a little reluctent to play it, because I really disliked GTAIV, but I gotta say, my friend was right on the money with this one.

It felt like playing the PS2 editions of GTA (which I was a big fan of), and the story was very gripping. I'll defo look forward to jamming on the new one.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Yea, SR2 was definitely what GTA IV should have been. One of the best games of that type I've ever played and never boring. I will be awaiting SR3 news with interest :)

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AndyKiely

The amount of hours I put into SR2 was unreal. I bought that reluctantly because I hated the first one. I'm delighted I bought it. I loved everything about the it. The missions, the story, the voice acting and the co-op.

But my most favourite thing was the amount of customization that you were able to do in the game. From face to body time to hair and then the amount of clothing options was unreal.

I have high hopes for SR3. I'm hoping that it will live up to the standard now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

AndyKiely wrote: »
    The amount of hours I put into SR2 was unreal. I bought that reluctantly because I hated the first one. I'm delighted I bought it. I loved everything about the it. The missions, the story, the voice acting and the co-op.

But my most favourite thing was the amount of customization that you were able to do in the game. From face to body time to hair and then the amount of clothing options was unreal.

I have high hopes for SR3. I'm hoping that it will live up to the standard now.

Not to mention the gang & crib customisation - ninja suited motorbike gangsters ftw! :D

Or the side missions: acting as bodyguard to a celebrity and throwing fans into airplane turbines or onto a treadmill catapulting them into a plate glass window, assasinations that just gave you a region and a picture and no "go here" indicator on your map, and best of all........."Septic Avenger", greatest side mission in a game ever!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    "Septic Avenger", greatest side mission in a game ever!!!

"Looks like we've got ourselves a dirty cop!" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Saints Row games are so much fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Grayditch wrote: »
    Saints Row games are so much fun.

Tragic that R* forgot this bit when making GTA 4 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

nothing like dual smgs on civilians while wearing shorts, tank top and a top hat.

Nothing like running around tazering pedestrians wearing a giant mosquito mascot head, a womans tank top and a cheerleader skirt with 3 ninjas following you before jumping in front of cars for money (oh Insurance Fraud, how I missed you)

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AndyKiely

THQ, in coordination with Game Informer magazine, have officially announced the third game in the Saints Row series. It’s called Saints Row: The Third, and while the first real bits of juicy information won’t see the light of day until a reveal in the upcoming April issue, GI digital had these interesting morsels to share: Saints Row: The Third will be set in a brand new city in which a battle will need to be waged against a seedy criminal organization called The Syndicate. Oh, and your Third Street Saints? Yeah, they're coming back.

“Saints Row: The Third puts you on top of the world, right at the beginning of the game, with all the perks that go along with being the head of an elite criminal organization,” said THQ VP Danny Bilson said in a sharp statement. “There’s no delivering pizza, no shuttling family members about in a long series of taxi missions. Instead, you take all the power of the Third Street Saints and you take the world by storm.”

Saints Row: The Third will see a release at some point this “holiday season” for the Xbox 360, PS3, and PC.

Source: Giant Bomb

Looks like we might be getting it soon. If it is out around Christmas, Christ those will be some busy months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Insurance fraud has to be one of the best parts of the game especially in co op :D

Ya, when I heard about jumping in front of cars for money, I just thought it would be gimmicky but I spent a long time on that, So much funny throwing yourself in front of a truck and then bounce off a bus only to land in a cop cars windshield for the bonus!

Or that random cop mission "we have a college student prank gone wrong" I turn up with my batton out and a guy college student is killing people witha chainsaw haha

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭eugeneious

Never played the first two but i've heard glowing reviews about it so i'll probably pick this up when it comes out...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

eugeneious wrote: »
    Never played the first two but i've glowing reviews about i'll probably pick this up when it comes out...

seriously get a mate and buy SR2 and play the story in coop, its brilliant.

• Advertisement

would love if this had trophy support, would def make me go back and go through it again. anyone ever get the dlc missions for it?

So a lot more details just popped up for SR3 LINK, seems they dropped the forgetable multiplayer to focus on Co-op :D But best of the bunch (and proof why SR is awesome):
    Confirmed Activity side-missions include: Guardian Angel, where you must drive carefully around town with a tiger in the back of your car.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭blockedPaT

Sounds great cant wait for it, like the idea of upgrading weapons :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

i love the insurance scam when you use the ragdoll cheat:D.....think i might just buy the games again.

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    So a lot more details just popped up for SR3 LINK, seems they dropped the forgetable multiplayer to focus on Co-op :D But best of the bunch (and proof why SR is awesome):

So much WIN!!! An 'Awesome' button??? A nut shot animation for every weapon?? Capture a boat full of women and pimp them on the streets???? Happy Womens Day everyone!!!

Cannot wait for this game!!!

I remember with the first one, I was a few hours in and I saw my friend come online and start playing this. We set up a co-op game where I went into his game so we both were in the prison at the very start. He didn't know the buttons so I was punching him messing. Then a wave of guards came at us. I went up grabbed him and launched him straight into the guards while I legged it to escape. Looking back I could see him jumping and crouching not knowing the buttons to fight. Such a laugh. Co-op suits this game down to the ground, looks like there will be a few people on here as well for a boardsies team up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

I really hope that saints row 3 will have a decent PC port. Saints row 2 ranks up there with GTA 4 in terms of crappy pc ports :o

haha devs said they had a lot of ideas for weapons but were scrappped cuz they were way too dodgy. One he didn't mind sharing was the fart in a jar grenade. you fart in a jar and toss it at the enemy and they start puking instead of fighting you haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Et3rnalMo0nlite

pimp cane shotgun anyone? :DD

pimp cane shotgun anyone? :DD

Ah that has to make a return! remember walking up to cops in my pimp walk swinging the cane, then whip it up and blow em away. R* should hire some of these fellas for imaginative ideas alone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Co-op mode actually had me in tears of laughter playing it, was brilliant! Can't wait for the third one.

Advertisement