Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saints Row - The Third

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Smarmy

Yep I got it from Game, 49.99 with Cheats DLC and another DLC with Genke suit, Man-a-Pult car and Octopuss Gun. Haven't started playing it yet though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭INEEDANID

Got in from xtra vision €50 just for game no DLC.

Traded in
    Saints row 2 €4
    Just Cause 2 €8
    Forza 4 €30

Game cost me €8 in the end yay!

Have to wait until tonight to play it though

• Registered Users Posts: 29,679 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

So do ye get SR 2 with the PS3 version as I've heard on the web?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Smarmy wrote: »
    Yep I got it from Game, 49.99 with Cheats DLC and another DLC with Genke suit, Man-a-Pult car and Octopuss Gun. Haven't started playing it yet though

Was going to get it in Game myself for the DLC until they offered me all of 9 euro for trading Gears Of War 3 needless to say I declined their generous offer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

sheehy83 wrote: »
    So do ye get SR 2 with the PS3 version as I've heard on the web?

I highly doubth it.. But would be awesome.. I am going to pick up the Genki Edition in 20mins so should be playing in about an hour or so :) Can't wait, this game looks epic :D

EDIT: maybe you may be right, just spotted this:
    http://www.joystiq.com/2011/11/16/redeem-ps3-saints-row-3-online-pass-get-free-saints-row-2/

MW3 can SMB it's going back to where it came from..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Bought it, played it for an hour now have to go to work. Pure fun. The game is GTA IV's crackhead brother.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

Damn it all... went into GAME to pick up my PC pre-order, and they didn't have it in stock at all (but they did have console stock, and they said I could ring them in the morning to see if they had it delivered - they can f*** right off, I wasn't gonna wait if I could help it) so I end up with no Professor Genki stuff which is kinda disappointing since the Octopi(sp?) Gun and Ethical Reality Climax looks bloody brilliant.

Then, on my way home, exciting to get stuck into the game, my brother texts me looking for a game of Battlefield 3... and I feel kinda bad about refusing to play some BF3 with him all week since I haven't been in the mood for any gaming at all, so I told him I would... :mad:

tl;dr No pre-order content and further delays in playing make Robby91 frustrated :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,679 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Happened to me twice, preordering with game and then they didnt get the game in stock for release day. Worst games shop ever and I refuse to give em another penny

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Happened to me twice, preordering with game and then they didnt get the game in stock for release day. Worst games shop ever and I refuse to give em another penny

tbh, I like GAME for the most part (in Limerick City at least) - the staff seem a good bit more helpful (in my experience) than in GameStop, but this is the second time that they haven't had the PC version in stock and GameStop did.

At least I emptied the contents of my reward card when I purchased BF3 so I'm not at any great loss :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Prefer HMV over game or gamestop any day of the week.

Also this game is bloody insane :eek:

• Advertisement

Prefer HMV over game or gamestop any day of the week.
    HMV in Limerick City have a really poor selection of PC games, so they're not really an option (they're selling a keyboard which takes up about half the shelf space they've given to PC games, just to give you an idea :P)
    Also this game is bloody insane
    Stop teasing me ;_; I have to download ~1.5GB of content before I can play... FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭AH92

Guys I ordered it from gamestop online does that mean I get any of the dlc's?!! Thanks :)

AH92 wrote: »
    Guys I ordered it from gamestop online does that mean I get any of the dlc's?!! Thanks :)

Did you pre order it?

Limericks wrote: »
    Did you pre order it?

Yea I did but I did through normal delivery..... big mistake I now have to wait until monday! :(

Yea I did but I did through normal delivery..... big mistake I now have to wait until monday! :(

You should get the Professor Genki stuff then

You should get the Professor Genki stuff then
    Good stuff cheers !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Same boat here.....ah well, got AC:Revelations to clean up for the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Not hugely impressed by SRT to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

seems a little bit too futuristic to me!

Played for three hours tonight, not as good as I thought it would be but then what is? Don't get me wrong I am enjoying the heck out of it way more then gta IV

Map is very small i thought too. From one end to the other in about 3-4 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Are achievments not unlocking for anyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

Map is very small i thought too. From one end to the other in about 3-4 minutes.

Walking or rocket car? Thats a big difference in size

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Have to say the driving physics are terrible, worse than or equal to SR1. SR2 had a better driving physics model.

Really takes from a game with alot of driving involved.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

Have to say the driving physics are terrible, worse than or equal to SR1. SR2 had a better driving physics model.

Noticed that myself. Very poor indeed.

On a whole I'd have to say I prefer SR2. Very unimpressed so far. Played for a bit last night and my save game said 30% complete or something, thought it was a bit ridiculous when I had very little game time played.

Also not impressed with the missions. What were secondary missions or optional activities in SR2 seem to be main missions in this game.

Also I've no motivation to play the extra activities now since they're not required to earn enough respect for the next mission

Really disappointed. It's fun, and some new additions are very nice, but it's a very small step from SR2. Seems a bit like an expansion pack rather than a whole new game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Played it for about 2 1/2 hours this morning, and it's meh. Funny? Yes. But the driving is terrible. I thought it was just the car i was driving, but it's every car. Maybe it was hyped up too much, but it's just not right at the moment.

I think i'll be trading this for Skyrim tomorrow... Come back to it next year sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Regarding the genki stuff, I didnt pre-order it and it still came with it. I bought one for my mate aswell and his was the same so must come with all of them.

The game, I think its fun. The first few missions seem to introduce you to the activitys rather than the storyline which I dont really like. Looking forward to playing co op with a few mates.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,178 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

justryan wrote: »
    Not hugely impressed by SRT to be honest
    phobia2011 wrote: »
    seems a little bit too futuristic to me!
    Played for three hours tonight, not as good as I thought it would be but then what is? Don't get me wrong I am enjoying the heck out of it way more then gta IV

Are achievments not unlocking for anyone else?
    smk89 wrote: »
    Walking or rocket car? Thats a big difference in size

Really takes from a game with alot of driving involved.
    KonFusion wrote: »
    Noticed that myself. Very poor indeed.

On a whole I'd have to say I prefer SR2. Very unimpressed so far. Played for a bit last night and my save game said 30% complete or something, thought it was a bit ridiculous when I had very little game time played.

Also not impressed with the missions. What were secondary missions or optional activities in SR2 seem to be main missions in this game.

Also I've no motivation to play the extra activities now since they're not required to earn enough respect for the next mission

Really disappointed. It's fun, and some new additions are very nice, but it's a very small step from SR2. Seems a bit like an expansion pack rather than a whole new game.
    Played it for about 2 1/2 hours this morning, and it's meh. Funny? Yes. But the driving is terrible. I thought it was just the car i was driving, but it's every car. Maybe it was hyped up too much, but it's just not right at the moment.

I think i'll be trading this for Skyrim tomorrow... Come back to it next year sometime.

Very disappointed to hear ye all don't like it,I have it on the way from amazon *sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

*victory arm pump*

Delighted I stuck by my guns when I decided not to get this after the dlc cheat thing, seems to be very meh going by people

• Registered Users Posts: 23,151 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Arawn wrote: »
    *victory arm pump*

Delighted I stuck by my guns when I decided not to get this after the dlc cheat thing, seems to be very meh going by people

Same here. DLC cheats made me wait and judging by the reaction, I'll be waiting a while and getting it when it's cheaper on Amazon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I put it in last night to see what it was like, as a break from skyrim and after only playing the heist mission at the start and what I've read here I'm in no rush back to it I to be honest.

Is it a case "style'' and off the wall stuff over substance?

Advertisement