Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saints Row - The Third

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,576 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I don't usually go for collectors editions but my God this is tempting me!

sr3_ps3_platinum_large.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,854 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Ooooooohhhhh, that Platinum edition is nice... So tempting...

This is going to be what GTA IV should have been. I'm loving the look of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Pre-order for SR:TT is a must now. Want this game more and more every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Gunmonkey wrote: »

Pre-order for SR:TT is a must now. Want this game more and more every day.

That looks retarded :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

sheehy83 wrote: »

The only thing stopping me pre ordering it is just the amount of Games out later this year.Playing through SR2 now great craic but jaysus some of the missions got on my nerves at times. Love the side missions though they make the game for me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

sheehy83 wrote: »

oh my very tempting.....will amazon be selling that do ye think?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Have missed out on this series completely up to know but this game looks great. I'm wondering though should I hold off for this or dip into one of the first 2 games?

djkeogh wrote: »
    Have missed out on this series completely up to know but this game looks great. I'm wondering though should I hold off for this or dip into one of the first 2 games?

I wasn't a big of the 1st game but the sequel is one of my favourite games on the xbox.

So id definitely get the 2nd one if you haven't played it before and if you play online try get a mate to get it as well because the co-op is a great laugh.

I highly recommend getting SR2, dirt cheap now. Never played SR1 since no xbox but SR2 is a must!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

SR2 and a mate = :D

Sr1 was too buggy for me to complete so i gave up. Dont Sr2 on PC, buggy pile of crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

SR1 was said to be not great (never played it)

SR2 was better and throughly enjoyed playing it, so would also rec playing SR2 first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Having put time recently into Saints Row 2 & Red Faction Guerrila I feel I have to put this here.
    http://www.joystiq.com/2011/07/27/red-faction-franchise-wont-continue-in-any-meaningful-way/
    If this is true they HAVE to put the destruction in the next Saints Row,which will surely be for the Next Gen consoles.

GTR63 wrote: »
    If this is true they HAVE to put the destruction in the next Saints Row,which will surely be for the Next Gen consoles.

I've been waiting and waiting for a sandbox game with total destruction an option. I mean, how cool would it be to be able to completely destroy a city?

Anyway, it's going to be a busy end of year, and SR3 is going to take up a fair chunk of it (along with Skyrim & MW3).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Great.

Season Pass and micro-transactions.

Think I'll pick up SR3 used after that kick in the nuts, THQ.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 40 dean777

Anyone know where I can pick up saint row 2 for cheap in any gamestore?

dean777 wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can pick up saint row 2 for cheap in any gamestore?

You should be able to pick it up for €20 in GameStop preowned.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 40 dean777

Thanks for the reply I will check xtravision tommorrow first

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

gonna try and pick up sc2 on saturday :)

gonna try and pick up sr2 on saturday :)

FYP. And i think i'll start a new game of it soon, nearly finished with Fallout 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

GTR63 wrote: »
    Having put time recently into Saints Row 2 & Red Faction Guerrila I feel I have to put this here.
    http://www.joystiq.com/2011/07/27/red-faction-franchise-wont-continue-in-any-meaningful-way/

The switch to a 3rd person view us what killed red faction for me, most recent 2 games bored me to tears within 5 mins of putting them on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭seanob43

Good god just watched some gameplay right there :eek:
    Looks amazing,played Saints Row 2 for hours just doing nothing and looks like i'll be doing the same in this one!

The opening mission of Saints Row The Third. Fu*cking EPIC!!!!!

Of all the big games coming out from now til Christmas, this is looking like my number 1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Oh man that looks awesome, something like that would usually be the last mission on most other games, here its only the second :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Sweet spaghetti jesus that looks fcuking brilliant! Best over the top mission I've seen in ages! Definitely in my top 5 for Christmas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

|Bought in 1 + 2 to finish off achievements in them and having a blast, well except in multiplayer. People still play it just they seem to be content to team kill to get their kicks :mad:

WTF like why would you bother , do you need to be that much of a dick :confused:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

That. Looks. AWESOME!

Can't wait to get stuck into this game now :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

That trailer has to be one of the most ridiculous things i've ever seen...

And i love it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

Does anyone knows if there has been any word on what the player count in co-op will be? I've been looking around, but haven't had any luck finding any information about playercounts :S

I'd say co-op will be like SR2, just 2 players. Might get a bit too mental any more than that seeing as you can play every single mission in co-op, its not just some gimmicky add on. They even got rid of the other MP modes to concentrate on co-op, refreshing since most devs are doing just the opposite!

Johnny Gat FTW!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

Aww, that's kinda disappointing - I bought SR2 originally after a few friends bought it, and it was a bit awkward trying to organise games when the four of us were online since we ended up mixing-matching games so it was hard to progress (co-operatively, at least) through the missions without missing out in places where I'd finish one game at Mission X then start another co-op game later at Mission Y. Tbh, I'd gladly settle for even a co-op freeroam mode for >2 players - I can appreciate that the story missions may not be ideal for more than 2 people, but for a game like SR, I'd love to see that players are given as many options (incl. the option of more players :P) to turn the whole city upside-down and create absolute chaos.

That, and Crowd Control/Insurance Fraud (I hope they are still available :eek:) would've been so insanely hilarious with more people :D Now I'm in the mood for some Insurance Fraud tbh, nothing like making a little competition out of who gets the most air-time from bouncing off a truck.
    Might get a bit too mental
    Isn't that what Saints Row is all about? :p

Advertisement