Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saints Row - The Third

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,564 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Is sr2 a big open world?

Man its huge and riddled with activities (insurance fraud, celeb security, cop show, etc.). Shops like gun stores, clothes shops, etc only pop up when you drive near them encouraging you to explore the city and one shopping complex in particular that has the costume shop. When I found that, I wore Borats mankini for the rest of the game! Ah dammit, mad to play it again now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Release date for this.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-06-09-european-saints-row-3-release-date
    Might pick up Saints Row 2,GTA IV kinda put me off these type of games but reading posts & previews I think it'd be fun.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Release date for this.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-06-09-european-saints-row-3-release-date
    Might pick up Saints Row 2,GTA IV kinda put me off these type of games but reading posts & previews I think it'd be fun.

Ah well different from GTA 4. I remember the marketing for SR 2 just slagging GTA 4. "Would you like to take your friends out bowling.....or throw them in front of a train and then cover the town in sh*t!" One of the activities is using a manure truck like a fire engine but instead of spraying water, you spray sh*t.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MangledRex

Saints Row kept me entertained so im anticipating the third one, i havent enjoyed a gta since vice city :s

Ah San Andreas was class, no where near VC tho. The difference between SA and GTA 4 was huge but I think R* will have learned from their mistakes and take the fun route in GTA 5.

Biggest problem with SR 3 is the time it comes out. Battlefield 3, Batman AC, Ass Creed Revelations, Uncharted 3 and Dead Island all need to be cleared before SR 3 drops in mid November. No way I can get all of them but SR 3 will be a definite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭budhabob

Ah excellent, played through SR2 again recently. Great to hear another game is coming out soon.

Saints Row 2 is only €9.97 (2nd hand) on Gamestop website for bot xbox and ps3

http://www.gamestop.ie/30486_PlayStation_3_Saints_Row_2_Platinum_.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Never played SR1 but SR2 was such a better game than GTA4 even though I enjoyed GTA4 - I think SR2 was better. Really looking forward to SR3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Biggest problem with SR 3 is the time it comes out. Battlefield 3, Batman AC, Ass Creed Revelations, Uncharted 3 and Dead Island all need to be cleared before SR 3 drops in mid November. No way I can get all of them but SR 3 will be a definite.

Just wait and pick it up in the inevitable Xmas sales. Can organise a few Boardsie co-op nights over the holidays then. But yeah, this Winter is gonna be vicious to me wallet :(

Ah SR 3 will be a day one purchase, won't be able to wait til Christmas!

SR being cheeky as ever

ROW-3-560x250.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

. The difference between SA and GTA 4 was huge but I think R* will have learned from their mistakes

Have you any idea how many copies and Xboxes they sold on the back of that game. Thats a really stupid comment, the game sold nearly 6 million and because you didnt have fun you think R* have to learn from their mistakes?

Red Dead another story driven open world game sold millions so i dont think R* have anything to learn here other than good games sell well.

I love Saints Row but both games have been at times a buggy pile of ****e, SR 2 is almost unplayable on PC, it doesnt sell as well as GTA because its not as good.

The giant that is R* will always sell millions. I mean it was unanimous how good GTA 3 and Vice city was. I thought SA was excellent but wasn't as good as Vice City. Then came GTA 4 where anyone I spoke to thought it was crap and a lot didn't even finish the game. I myself struggled to finish it from the boredom. When I said R* need to learn from their mistakes, I meant it that they need to go back to the formula that made Vice City such a success and drop all the going on man dates with your friends.

Saying that, playing through a 2nd time and ignoring friends completely made it a more enjoyable experience but it still had boring missions. Same with RDR. Fantastic game world but boring missions made it a chore to play through (for me anyway)

No details released about GTA 5 yet but I can guarantee a 9 or 10/10 score and millions of sales but I still believe R* need to concentrate on what makes games fun and 'learn from their mistakes' of gta 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,081 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

The giant that is R* will always sell millions. I mean it was unanimous how good GTA 3 and Vice city was. I thought SA was excellent but wasn't as good as Vice City. Then came GTA 4 where anyone I spoke to thought it was crap and a lot didn't even finish the game. I myself struggled to finish it from the boredom. When I said R* need to learn from their mistakes, I meant it that they need to go back to the formula that made Vice City such a success and drop all the going on man dates with your friends.

Saying that, playing through a 2nd time and ignoring friends completely made it a more enjoyable experience but it still had boring missions. Same with RDR. Fantastic game world but boring missions made it a chore to play through (for me anyway)

No details released about GTA 5 yet but I can guarantee a 9 or 10/10 score and millions of sales but I still believe R* need to concentrate on what makes games fun and 'learn from their mistakes' of gta 4.
    I haven't had as much fun with a game in a long time (since Saints Row 2 co-op actually) as I have playing through the Ballad Of Gay Tony. If you haven't already I'd very much advise anyone on Xbox to pick it up. The Lost and Damned is good too but not great.

The main GTA IV was a great game, I don't know how so many people didn't see it, it's just I think they tried to fit too much onto a relatively small and uninspired map, the atmosphere was incredible but New York has been done and didn't really have the wow factor that Vice City and San Andreas did.

TBOGT was definitely a step in the right direction with crazy missions, fast cars and hillarious characters. That guy who wasn't black but kept calling everyone ni**a was gas out. I knew his voice was familiar and looked up imdb. That guy off the comedy channel Omid Djalili, he should have gotten an award for his role in tbogt

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Saints Row 2 > GTA 4

This will be fantastic.

SR 3 made it onto the chive with this pic from E3!

chive-hq-20.jpg?w=500

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

I hope they expand on the evil villain idea of the last one. Actual missions where you play as a 60s batman villain would be great

smk89 wrote: »
    I hope they expand on the evil villain idea of the last one. Actual missions where you play as a 60s batman villain would be great

Already done in SR 2 dude :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Liam O wrote: »
    I haven't had as much fun with a game in a long time (since Saints Row 2 co-op actually) as I have playing through the Ballad Of Gay Tony. If you haven't already I'd very much advise anyone on Xbox to pick it up. The Lost and Damned is good too but not great.

The main GTA IV was a great game, I don't know how so many people didn't see it, it's just I think they tried to fit too much onto a relatively small and uninspired map, the atmosphere was incredible but New York has been done and didn't really have the wow factor that Vice City and San Andreas did.

Would totally agree with you on both paragraphs.

New interview with one of the writers:

'What we've shown so far is tame compared to what's coming...'

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/308555/interviews/saints-row-the-third-what-weve-shown-so-far-is-tame-compared-to-whats-coming/

• Advertisement

If any of ye on Facebook, I highly recommend checking out the screen shots the official page has up. Some classics in there!

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=193958453988670&set=a.178422198875629.47455.158667724184410&type=1&theater

New vid from the devs, more or less same gameplay they showed at E3. Love the Top Gun reference in the Jet

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Cant wait for this :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

over the top stupidity!

yes!

pity my original saints row has a stupid scratch on it. am kinda dying for a full on play through

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Looks quality, my xbox will defo be getting broke out for this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭turnfan

I was lucky enough to see this at E3 - I thought the bank robbery scene where the guy wears a mask - of his own face - was far funnier than any dildo or crotch punching. I was alone in thinking that :(

turnfan wrote: »
    I thought the bank robbery scene where the guy wears a mask - of his own face

HAHA sounds classic! Ya, the purple dildo is funny an all but it was already done in san andreas so I don't get the 'big deal' of it. The giant fists look class tho. Any other gameplay bits you saw that wasn't released to media?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

i seen few videos of it. it looks alot alot of fun!

thats where gta took a wrong turn. it could not decide wtf it is. is it seriuos or is it fun.

this game knows wtf it is. its a fun with chainsaws instead of legs! :D

still no certain date for it?

November 15th release date, in the middle of about 7 other must buy games!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

November 15th release date, in the middle of about 7 other must buy games!

crap so.... come here piggy bank....

Advertisement