Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making friends in the city

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Kat007

Agus tá fáilte roimh chach!!

Everyone's welcome ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 38 UrsulaS

Hi ;D what and where is Quay? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

it is girls only or can men join too?? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭El_Drago

it is girls only or can men join too?? :)
    Kat007 wrote: »
    Agus tá fáilte roimh chach!!

Everyone's welcome ^_^

I guess that means we can :P
    Since I've college on Friday morning I may just tag along for just a drink and call it a night. However,if anyone is up for watching the Haye vs. Klitschko fight this Saturday and making a night on the town out of it, hit me up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Laura1992

Quays is in the latin quarter of the city centre at the bottom of shop street - it's right across from the spanish arch pub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

Ive training tonight otherwise id love to:)

Have a good one!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭El_Drago

What time are you heading down to the quays at?More importantly,what do I look out for to save myself from the embarrassment of walking up to the wrong people :P

We're going to go for drinks in the Quay's again at 8 on Thursday.

Lots of notice this time! We'll try to get a table down one flight of stairs if you walk straight in the second door (if you're coming from eyre square) there will be at least one girl with brown hair and glasses (possibly two).

Everyone's welcome and just pm me if ye've any questions!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Gah!
    If I didn't have to be up at 6.30am Friday, I'd be making a definite effort to attend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Would love to go and meet some new people but unfortunately Thursday and Friday evenings/nights don't suit me too well, esp if they're drinking things, with work the next morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Might pop down to ye if I'm able :)

Hey!

Sorry about this but something's come up at home so I can't go tonight :(

We should do something next week though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 annab3

I moved to Galway from the US recently and have so far had trouble making new friends.
    Any suggestions of things I could do or places I could go that would help?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭PauricTheLodger

Depends on what kind of stuff you're into I suppose? Drinking, dancing, bowling, boardgames, chess, cinema, theatre, football, badminton, cycling, etc? =)

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭spdmrphy

Join / play with the local Soccer / GAA team / tag rugby? Or any sport for that matter - generally a good way of breaking the ice with a large group of people - there's bound to be a few sound ones!

Or, you could always go down the pub...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭Wompa1

annab3 wrote: »
    I moved to Galway from the US recently and have so far had trouble making new friends.
    Any suggestions of things I could do or places I could go that would help?

what are your interests? what kind of people would you like to hang out with? younger crowd?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

What age group are you? Regardless of if you are male or female, I suggest you become a member of a local sports club like a GAA Club or a soccer club. If you don't play or want to play, you can still get involved (which means doing some voluntary work).

Good luck, and welcome to Galway.

sth tonite?

ErnieBert wrote: »
    What age group are you? Regardless of if you are male or female, I suggest you become a member of a local sports club like a GAA Club or a soccer club. If you don't play or want to play, you can still get involved (which means doing some voluntary work).

If I was looking to make friends I would never in a million years join GAA or a sports club. Not everyone is into sports, there would be no point in me or anyone else who doesn't enjoy sports as a hobby doing something like that, even if to volunteer, because you aren't going to meet like minded people.

It's annoying the way 90% of the time people looking to make friends are told to join a sport, for some of us that would be worse than sitting at home alone!

oh I understand that so good! I hate sport ;P

• Advertisement

There's the Galway beers and After Hours beers soon, both happening in the city, which would be great places to meet new people and new friends.

For those who dislike drinking/pubs, a while ago a few people met in javas to sit down, drink tea/coffee and chat. Perhaps we can do that again

I'm a 20 year old girl. I like sports, but am not very well acquainted with the popular sports here (such as rugby, irish football, or hurling). I'm thinking about checking out the rowing club in town if anyone has any information on it.
    There's the Galway beers and After Hours beers soon, both happening in the city, which would be great places to meet new people and new friends.

For those who dislike drinking/pubs, a while ago a few people met in javas to sit down, drink tea/coffee and chat. Perhaps we can do that again

What exactly is the "Galway beers" though?

annab3 wrote: »
    I'm a 20 year old girl. I like sports, but am not very well acquainted with the popular sports here (such as rugby, irish football, or hurling). I'm thinking about checking out the rowing club in town if anyone has any information on it.

What exactly is the "Galway beers" though?

A "beers" is a gathering organized across separate fora on boards, where people meet and drink. Read the stickied thread at the top for more information.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 moley

Which part of the US, annab? I'm new here myself, moved from Las Vegas in May :)

I'm from Atlanta (georgia tech), which means I'm getting to miss a lot of the incredibly hot weather. I bet you are to!

Ana do you want go tommorow to party somewhere? :)

There's a private Ladies Lounge meet-up forum, where you might be able to organize something there - might be more suited. If you ask over here, the mods of that forum might be able to give more information.

I just died when I saw this forum ;D sorry, but ' Women's Health Issues,
    Laser Hair Removal Therapy, engagment rings... ' That's sounds sooo creapy! ;P Wish to find some young girls and lads to go out ;D

but! still, thank you for help :):*

• Advertisement

Why does it sound creepy? You picked on 3 out of hundred's of threads, all giving advice or general chat. Probably best not to to go into tLL or the private area saying we're creepy, won't get you far.

Advertisement