Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laser Hair Removal Therapy

Options
  • 15-12-2010 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭

Hey all. Looking for a little advice. Is Laser Hair Removal a Waste of money or best money ever spent. Thinking of getting my back done? Sick and tired of getting it waxed. :( Any one with past experiences good or bad?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dogtanian

If it's something that bothers you, do it...it's one of the best things i've done. i'm only half way through but there's a big difference already. Try and find a place where you can Pay per session so you're not obligated to go back because you've forked out a small fortune, just in case you're not impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭allovertheshop

hey, i've had lazer hair removal done and i find it brilliant but it all depends on the area that's being done, the type of hair growth and whether there's an underlying hormone problem too.
    best bet is to go to treatment clinic and get a consultation, which is usually free. the therapist carrying out the treatment should be able to advise you as to the next step to take. either that or go and get a blood test done for hormone levels, which may be the cause of the excess hair growth, and if it is, medication may be a better approach than hair removal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭smileysurfer

If I had the money Id get everything lasered! Imagine never having to wax again :eek::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Plenty

I wholeheartedly agree smileysurfer. I'd love to get the lot lasered. I wax and I hate regrowth and I hate excessive hair in places that I don't want.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 bettymay

Any recommendations in Cork. I found therapie online but would like some advice.
    Have dark hair and would love not to wax anymore:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Bonnie123

Im getting laser hair removal in therapie in cork , i am on my 3rd treatment and I can say it was the best bit of money I have ever spent. My hair has not grown back yet and it been 11 weeks now. i would definately reccommend therapie the staff are fab. I go to jennifer. Also at christmas time I was given a present. they gave me €100 worth of image products.That really did it for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sazlington

something tells me bonnie 123's real name is jennifer... joined the same day as that post which is her only ever post....hmmmmmm

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Keep an eye out on deals sites - you can often get a course of treatments for €79, cheaper than one session in most places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Yeah I got a fantastic deal (here actually) a few months ago - currently using it for the bikini line. It's not that the hair was a major issue, as in, I certainly wouldn't pay the full amount - it's too expensive - but it was welll worth it at the discount price. When you're dark-haired, there's so much maintenance. I'm still getting it done and find it superb. Results are visible after only one session. There is a question of pigmentation etc too, and apparently my colouring (black hair, pale skin) ensures a pretty good return.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

I'm half way through a course at the moment and am delighted with it, I can see the results already.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 337 ✭✭Sacred_git

can do it yourself now, first accredited one out, hearing good things about it too, pricey though about 600

http://www.triabeauty.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭OkayWhatever

I know City Deal and Groupon tend to do offers and you could save yourself a lot of money. You should check it out maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭IzzyWizzy

I'm thinking about it, as I have a small amount of hair on my upper lip and on my belly (darn PCOS :mad:) but I've read that you have to shave before the treatment? Is that true? Has anyone had good results with dark hair + sallow skin? I understand it works best on pale skinned people.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 CORKDIVA

I just finished medi lase on my lip as the hair is very blonde and abouslutely no diffference, I paid over 400 euro for nothing, so don't waste your money on medi lase had my underarm done darker hair and was delighted with the results,so results for dark hair and pale skin excellent. you do need to shave the area on same day as treatment or night before. no meds 24 before or after treatment and no false tan, but not for the medilase treatment.:eek:
    i had mine at therapie cork and when i told the girl who did the medilase i was very disappionted as there was no difference she suggested i pay for another course, as if.:confused::confused:

Advertisement