Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making friends in the city

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

theres no fixed boards pub. usaully somewhere like o connells or the salthouse even the roisin sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Laura1992

I saw that no one responded and it's been quite a while but I'm in the same situation as you now! Did you figure anything out? Any advice?

this is for people who want to make friends in galway. for people who have just moved to galway and would like to have more a social life. i just moved here from wicklow and im seeking some friends to have chats with, go out to pubs with and to do things in general with lol... i love having girlie friends because one girl needs another to have a bit of gosip! :) so let me know if anyone is intrested!.

I saw that no one responded and it's been quite a while but I'm in the same situation as you now! Did you figure anything out? Any advice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Kat007

I too am in the same boat.

Would anyone like to go to the cinema on Thursday evening? I was thinking the Eye Cinema in Renmore

Are you living in the city center? That cinema is kind of out of my way, but if you want to do something another time, I think we're kind of in the same situation!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

Id be up for something too...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭El_Drago

count mise in as well folks

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

Me too, coming back to Galway today. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 x0l0x

Joining the club :) ... If you want to do anything, I will be glad to join :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭bigtuna

Me too if I'm not working on the night :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 FreqSeq

Hello all :) I'd love to join in a meet-up.

What about going to the cinema next Saturday to watch Green Lantern Movie ? :D

The problem with the cinema is you are siting a dark room being silent.
    There is so little interaction, getting to know each other in nearly impossible.

I'm working all this weekend so won't be able to make it:(

FreqSeq wrote: »
    The problem with the cinema is you are siting a dark room being silent.
    There is so little interaction, getting to know each other in nearly impossible.

mmmm good point :) ... so suggest something ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

my sister mentioned a place in Salthill called "Olso" (I think!) its either a cafe/or pub and they have loads of board games to play.
    Pretty sweet place for a meet up!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Oslo and the Cottage both have board games etc, Oslo has movie nights and the Cottage has themed food nights and stuff, both good places to meet up, best girls meet up I was ever at was in the Cottage, good tapas and good atmosphere.

anyone up for a few on friday nite?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 UndertheBridge

I would be interested in a meetup... Cinema, few drinks, whatever :)

Unfortunately I can't do Friday as I've a cocktail party to attend.Saturday or some day next week should be absolutely fine though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 UrsulaS

Hello :) I'm new here. I've free saturday and sunday if sb is interested in meeting in G-way c-center :)

Saturday or Sunday would be good for me too.

Perfect :) .... Then on Saturday what about if we go to sit in a bar and have a walk in city center.

If you can just add me on MSN will be better than these messages :D .... a faster way for communication :D

Are guys welcome along to these meet ups (the Saturday one more specifically),or is it ladies only :P ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

liking the idea of meeting up folks!:)
    Downside is the timescale, sort of have to head home (sticks galway) for the night, any meeting time ideas?
    (Blatantly inviting myself along!)

I'm out of Galway this weekend, oh no! If things go well, there should be another meet-up next week so I can come along :)

Working all weekend so won't make this one. Enjoy!

guess its a no this weekend so :) unless anyones around last minute haha

• Registered Users Posts: 38 UrsulaS

I still don't know if I working or not tonight xD BUT if you're going somewhere just post here or send me a message where you'll be and maybe I'll show there if I will be able. Greedings! :)

• Advertisement

If anyone's interested, Kat and I are meeting up on thursday. We were thinking of going to The Quay or something. So if anyone wants to join, let me know and I'll give you a time and a more specific place!

Advertisement