Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darkys rom on Samsung Galaxy S

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gaffs89

superfish wrote: »
    hi guys im just about to install 9.4 to my stock 2.2 sgs ive never done anything like this before although im great with pc,s but thought I would run this by you guys first

1.so ive downloaded the file and its save to mnt card

2.Ive also downloaded the app darkyrom config

3.im charging the phone to full first

4so first step is to put the phone into recovery mode by pressing volume up, power and home at the same time

5.next select wipe data factory reset.(this is where im unsure because i read you dont have to)

6.Select: install zip from sdcard

7.Select: choose zip from sdcard

8Now choose the zip file (Darkys_v9.4_Extreme_Edition.zip) and select after that: YES

9after installing select go back and reboot the phone

is this the right process or will I brick my phone lol any help apreciated because I want to do this within the next hour cheers

HANG ON A SECOND!
    If you are on stock samsung 2.2 then you need to install clockworkmod. Follow the links and video at the start of this thread and for part 2 just swap the resurrection.zip (which is the 9.2 rom) with the 9.4. Once you have done part 1 upgrading is very easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Good news is darkys comes rooted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Gaffs89 wrote: »
    HANG ON A SECOND!
    If you are on stock samsung 2.2 then you need to install clockworkmod. Follow the links and video at the start of this thread and for part 2 just swap the 9.2 rom with the 9.4. Once you have done part 1 upgrading is very easy.

Was just about to log on to say that.

Darkys is nigh on impossible to install with out installing clock work mod beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

I never had an issue with battery life on 9.3 but since I flashed 9.4 (after full wipe) I am getting bad battery drain. I will leave a couple of days to see if it settles

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭superfish

lol was just about to do it just waiting for my battery to say 100% this is getting more complicated by the minute I thought 9.4 was a straight install il look up this clock work thing and install then follow the steps i posted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Good news is darkys comes rooted
    Do you have to unroot your stock rom before installing darky's?

As I said, I'm on stock 2.2, is it worth just waiting for version 10?!

BopNiblets wrote: »
    Do you have to unroot your stock rom before installing darky's?

No, You just need clockwork mod recovery which is installed with Odin
    http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/what-is-clockworkmod-recovery-and-how-to-use-it-on-android-complete-guide/
    BopNiblets wrote: »
    As I said, I'm on stock 2.2, is it worth just waiting for version 10?!

I'd go with 9.4, version 10 is a long way off being stable, its based on a beta Samsung release and there are plenty of problems, apps not working etc. Anyways, its good learning experience :D

ok so now im downloading darkys rom 9.2 resurection and im going to follow the youtube video using odin then il install 9.4 after fingers crossed

ok so now im downloading darkys rom 9.2 resurection and im going to follow the youtube video using odin then il install 9.4 after fingers crossed

Go for it, you won't be sorry.You'll only have to use odin once, any upgrade after that is very simple.

its taking forever to download, silly question but this netbook im using never had my phone plugged into it before do i need any particular software on it or will odin recognise my phone once plugged in

• Advertisement

I think you should be ok. They say NOT to use the samsung kies software.

ok files downloaded so il let you know how it goes im either going to be very happy or 450 euro out of pocket lol

ok files downloaded so il let you know how it goes im either going to be very happy or 450 euro out of pocket lol

Don't worry, you're not modifying the bootloader, as long as you can get into recovery you can flash any software you want on the phone, even go back to the stock samsung software if need be.

its taking forever to download, silly question but this netbook im using never had my phone plugged into it before do i need any particular software on it or will odin recognise my phone once plugged in
    Gaffs89 wrote: »
    I think you should be ok. They say NOT to use the samsung kies software.

AFAIK Kies needs to be installed on the computer but NOT RUNNING. At least the drivers need to be installed............

G1032 wrote: »
    AFAIK Kies needs to be installed on the computer but NOT RUNNING. At least the drivers need to be installed............

Drivers are here:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=728929

You're right , forgot about the drivers.

just **** myself lol held down the 3 buttons to go into recovery mode and it went straight to downloading so i just followed the rest of the steps wit odin anyway and its rebooted and i have green battery symbol does this mean my phone is ok lol

The circle battery icon, yep, thats Darkys. You flash to 9.2 first?
    Now setup Darkys configurator to do a full wipe, pick voodoo kernel and JPY modem and install 9.4

ok pog il tell you where i stand i had to go back and start from step one so i wiped the data and the catche and installed odin now ive rebooted and set up phone for first use I have a lovely balck and green setup. not this is where im stuck ive to turn on usb debugging which i did and connect to my pc again but my pc wont pick up my phone its so annoying cas ive done the hard part i jut need to save the resurection file to the phone and install

this is so strange it will conect up to my mass storage device via usb once debugging is turned of but fails to recognise when its on wtf im stummped

• Advertisement

ok found the problem there is no samsung android driver on my laptop and ****ty windows 7 cant find one this getting fustrating lol atleast i can still use my phone as it is if worst comes to worst

Forget about transferring files by usb, Get swiftp to setup the phone as an FTP server and use Filezilla to drag and drop the files to the phone over wifi. This is the only way to transfer files, no messing with cables

ok found the problem there is no samsung android driver on my laptop and ****ty windows 7 cant find one this getting fustrating lol atleast i can still use my phone as it is if worst comes to worst
    Take a look at post # 196

ok pog il tell you where i stand i had to go back and start from step one so i wiped the data and the catche and installed odin now ive rebooted and set up phone for first use I have a lovely balck and green setup. not this is where im stuck ive to turn on usb debugging which i did and connect to my pc again but my pc wont pick up my phone its so annoying cas ive done the hard part i jut need to save the resurection file to the phone and install

if you're copying over files to your phone from the PC then turn off usb debugging and then in usb settings choose 'Mass Storage'
    Then copy over the file to your internal SD card

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Forget about transferring files by usb, Get swiftp to setup the phone as an FTP server and use Filezilla to drag and drop the files to the phone over wifi. This is the only way to transfer files, no messing with cables
    ok im going to give that a try just the guy in the video says you have to have usb debugging on
    if you're copying over files to your phone from the PC then turn off usb debugging and then in usb settings choose 'Mass Storage'
    Then copy over the file to your internal SD card
    ive done this and if i click into my files icon you can clearly see ive both resurection and 9.4 but first i need to complete the process shown in the vid by installing resurection to the internal sd with debugging I cant seem to move the file to the internal sd I assumed it was already on as ive the external removed so when i go into recovery i get 3 or four options one is install from zip and others are to clear catch so i click install from zip and i get the message there is nothing to install i also notice that my options are blue an the guy in the video are red confused.com

ok im going to give that a try just the guy in the video says you have to have usb debugging on

Ah, I thought you were further than this. disregard what I said about using Swiftp in that case, use it any other time. Odin needs usb debugging on. I thought You were on Darkys, a simple reboot to clockworkmod recovery upgrades to 9.4

well ive gone wrong somewhere I can see i have the files on my phone but when i go into recovery it wont install them

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Hecklar

do you have clockwork mod recovery? ie, did you start with the steps in the original post in this thread?

have you defo placed them in the right place? on the internal SD? not the removable card.

ok guys thank you all so much for the help it turns out what happened to my phone has happened to quite a few the only way round it is to install an app called rom manager it basically flashes your phone for you and installs clockwork too then it will install any rom you select it worked like a charm for me ive got 9.2 fully installed now and just giving my phone a charge before using it to install 9.4 again guys thank you all so very much il be installing it on my girlfriends phone tommorow, its so much faster already

• Advertisement

Remember 9.4 needs wipe selected info Darkys configurator.

Advertisement