Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darkys rom on Samsung Galaxy S

Options
1434445464749»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

I had them already from Darkys. All I had to do was factory reset, wipe system, wipe dvalic, and flash insanity.

I am finding wifi very weak on the phone now though. Could you recommend a better modem for me? What do you use?

I'm also slightly worried about the android system bug as it's running at >15% battery usage though further testing is required.

Ah man, I`m in the middle of testing every feckin modem I get me hands on.
    As I go along I`m just making notes of them, I had posted them up some where here, but here they are any ways....

JPY...good call quality, good signals,9 sats, 30 metre lock, fairly good!!
    JVE...good sound quality on call
    JVP...Outside up to 8 satelites, navigation was very good, fairly overcast, I`d say its a keeper.
    BVJJW2....weak 6 sat, mostly 1-2 sats not to bad...
    JVR... very good, got up to 10 sats in GPS Test, 10 metre lock in Gmaps, perfect lock in G navigation, waiting on a call for quality
    JV5...very good, between 8-11 sats in GPS test, 10 metre lock in gmaps outside, perfect lock in navigation, a keeper
    JV9...Very good, stronger signal than others, 9-11 sats, 10 metre lock in Gmaps, perfect navigation, a keeper.
    Trying JV6.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

lewis wrote: »
    Ah man, I`m in the middle of testing every feckin modem I get me hands on.
    As I go along I`m just making notes of them, I had posted them up some where here, but here they are any ways....

JPY...good call quality, good signals,9 sats, 30 metre lock, fairly good!!
    JVE...good sound quality on call
    JVP...Outside up to 8 satelites, navigation was very good, fairly overcast, I`d say its a keeper.
    BVJJW2....weak 6 sat, mostly 1-2 sats not to bad...
    JVR... very good, got up to 10 sats in GPS Test, 10 metre lock in Gmaps, perfect lock in G navigation, waiting on a call for quality
    JV5...very good, between 8-11 sats in GPS test, 10 metre lock in gmaps outside, perfect lock in navigation, a keeper
    JV9...Very good, stronger signal than others, 9-11 sats, 10 metre lock in Gmaps, perfect navigation, a keeper.
    Trying JV6.....

Where can I find JV9 for CM? it's not in the Insanity thread (from what I can find)

Hope the wifi is improved on them (though not sure the modem even has anything to do with wifi...). Modems do seem to be a bit of a dark art, unquantifiable.

Where can I find JV9 for CM? it's not in the Insanity thread (from what I can find)

Hope the wifi is improved on them (though not sure the modem even has anything to do with wifi...). Modems do seem to be a bit of a dark art, unquantifiable.

JV9

Not finding JV6 that good, can`t even get a lock on wifi in Gmaps...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

JV9

Not finding JV6 that good, can`t even get a lock on wifi in Gmaps...

Cheers, going to give JV9 a try and hope that things improve.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭superfish

heya lewis I just flashed cm after being wit darky 10.2 for a week, but there is no market anymore any ideas ?

• Advertisement

superfish wrote: »
    heya lewis I just flashed cm after being wit darky 10.2 for a week, but there is no market anymore any ideas ?

How did you go about flashing CM?

With CM you sometimes have to flash it twice.

Which market do you have?

i just came straight from darky 10.2 just flashed the zip file, its the android market the latest release

i just came straight from darky 10.2 just flashed the zip file, its the android market the latest release

Did you factory reset/wipe caches/disable lagfix, etc?

I just had a look through my back-ups and this is an app where you can switch from old to new market and back, can be fairly handy, give it a go and see if it helps.

APK

Did you flash CM twice?

I just had a look through my back-ups and this is an app where you can switch from old to new market and back, can be fairly handy, give it a go and see if it helps.

APK

Did you flash CM twice?

ya I did all of the above and now for some reason I cant go into recovery any more, I was reading up and apparently google has blocked cm from using the marked in an attempt to discourage people from using custom roms but there is a fix I just cant find it lol

APK

Did you flash CM twice?

ya I did all of the above and now for some reason I cant go into recovery any more, I was reading up and apparently google has blocked cm from using the marked in an attempt to discourage people from using custom roms but there is a fix I just cant find it lol

I'm not near my laptop now, but you can get your recovery back simply by flashing a kernel via Odin.

If you go to XDA, Teamhacksungs ICS build 11,search for initial kernel, it was posted by a dude called PAGOT.
    There's instructions as well, it got me out of a fix when I made a mess.

Let me know how you get on.

• Advertisement

ok guys I went back to darky rom extreme edition but can anyone help me with the origional problem, basically if your on the internet and come out too fast it gos straight to gmail to send some error report and the phone just gets stuck on that page even when I restart it the only way I could find around it was to wipe it through recovery and start a fresh this is why I left darky in the first place any ideas ??

ok guys I went back to darky rom extreme edition but can anyone help me with the origional problem, basically if your on the internet and come out too fast it gos straight to gmail to send some error report and the phone just gets stuck on that page even when I restart it the only way I could find around it was to wipe it through recovery and start a fresh this is why I left darky in the first place any ideas ??

Try CM again, it's solid man.

What browser are you using?

I use Boat Browser, slim and fast.

Try CM again, it's solid man.

What browser are you using?

I use Boat Browser, slim and fast.

I really did not like the fact that there was no 4x9 keypad for texting with cm and also no market I might just go back to darky 9.5 I had no issues whatsoever with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

For anyone still using DarkyROM there is a new 10.4 version out.
    Details here

DarkyROM v10.4 [1st release]
    • Completely based on XWJW1
    • Fully rooted (including Superuser)
    • Latest DarkCore 4.2.1
    • Busybox, openVPN, zipaligned, deodexed
    • BLN (BackLightNotifications) with BLN app
    • 3D Gingerbread Launcher
    • SIP over 3G
    • DarkyROM APN list
    • Fixed GPS
    • CRT on & off
    • SMS App hacked: no more group SMS limit or automatic MMS conversion
    • Phone hacked: no more increasing ringtone
    • Camera hacked: low battery hack + power button shutter
    • DarkyOTA and Voodoo installed by default
    • All DarkyROM custom sounds added and set to default
    • DarkyROM init.d scripts (including SD-Card SpeedHack)
    • DarkyROM Theme
    • Lockscreen Modifications (change lockscreens with the DarkyOTA App)
    • Multi-Toggles in the Notificationbar (10 toggles)
    • MIUI battery bar (App included but disabled by default)
    • Extended Powermenu
    • Tweaked framework.jar (disabled scrollingCache for a lot smoother scrolling - especially in gallery)

One of many I'd say., lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Is anyone still on Darkys. I'm on Teamhacksung and have zero issues, no way I'd go back to Darkys

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Is anyone still on Darkys. I'm on Teamhacksung and have zero issues, no way I'd go back to Darkys

Unless they come out with something amazing, I won't be going near them.
    Not much buzz over on the site from the HD release.

I'm having zero also, big change from V12, but I'd say that was the apps and how I restored them, that gave me all the problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Updated to Build 13 last night then today flashed Glitch, bootloop. DOh!
    Will need to restore when I get home tonight. Think I'll stick to stock teamhacksung from now on. Too annoying waititng till I get hoem to Odin it back to CWM.

Ste- wrote: »
    Updated to Build 13 last night then today flashed Glitch, bootloop. DOh!
    Will need to restore when I get home tonight. Think I'll stick to stock teamhacksung from now on. Too annoying waititng till I get hoem to Odin it back to CWM.

It seems that when a kernel other than stock is used, bootloops happen.

Best wait til an official release is here.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

Still on Darky's 8.1 here! Have been running it without any major issues for a long time now!!
    Thinking about upgrading to latest insanity or an ICS port(are they reliable enough now?) - Any recommendations?

• Advertisement

tibor wrote: »
    Still on Darky's 8.1 here! Have been running it without any major issues for a long time now!!
    Thinking about upgrading to latest insanity or an ICS port(are they reliable enough now?) - Any recommendations?

Lol, I recommend... :/

If your willing to solve problems or what not when flashing, then I would recommend ICS, if not then.....

Advertisement