Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darkys rom on Samsung Galaxy S

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I'm on Darkys 9.3 but am missing calls for no reason, someone please point me to a modem to flash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    I'm on Darkys 9.3 but am missing calls for no reason, someone please point me to a modem to flash

This is a good one, BUJP5
    i dont have a link, but this kip has to small an upload size

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭budgemook

mine still vibrates on 9.3 :confused:

Here's one though, I am friends with someone on Facebook but they don't have their phone number on there. I got their phone number today so created a google contact and then tried to join it. The contact didn't show up though when i tried so I clicked get friends. Then it said no sn accounts, even though I have facebook synced up. Dunno why, I could do this on stock, not sure about 9.2... Any ideas?

Also, since upgrading to 9.3 it's started playing ring tones that don't go off until I pull down the notification area. Happened when I got a message while on a call last night, blew the ears off me, and then twice today when I got calendar reminders. Fairly sure it was a different tone each time. Anyone see anything like that happening?

I don`t know about ring tones but my lock sound would blow the skin off your nuts, I have Audioguro and Audio Manager and there down to one and the fecker is still high, annoys the tits outta me...

ah yeah, my lock sound is loud too. think i have the tone stuff fixed now, just turned off notifcation tones for most things.

looking at that theme there, looks pretty decent. might try it in a few days but instructions aren't the clearest.

am thinking of flashing stock too and then reflashing to darkys, i think i've picked up some weird things along the way by changing too much stuff.

• Advertisement

budgemook wrote: »
    ah yeah, my lock sound is loud too. think i have the tone stuff fixed now, just turned off notifcation tones for most things.

looking at that theme there, looks pretty decent. might try it in a few days but instructions aren't the clearest.

am thinking of flashing stock too and then reflashing to darkys, i think i've picked up some weird things along the way by changing too much stuff.

Dude you`ll always cum across weird **** when flashing.
    Flashing a theme is like flashing a ROM no different, Steel Blue is sweet.
    Flash Resurrection, then go to 9,3

lewis wrote: »

so just install from zip in cwm? cool, gonna do it now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭shmeee

The steelblue theme is it?...

I can tell you it is very simple... Just a matter of deleting the 2 fiiles if you want the new start up animation and blue gingerbread keyboard... Download super manager from the market to do this..

Just copy the theme to your sd card, flash zip from recovery mode with CWM, go into mounts and storage and click mount/data, go back and then select flash zip from sdcard and it will install in a matter of seconds, go back and reboot phone and wait for it to set up...

Back up your Darky's rom beforehand if you want using Rom Manager, if you want to go back..... I didn't back it up at all...

Yup!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

In case you dont have it - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/560086/BUJP5_Modem.zip

just install as a zip as normal. It's very quick to install.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

Could someone explain the main benefits of flashing a new modem. I'm on Darky's 9.3. No major issues to speak of. What improvements will flashing BUJP5 bring me?
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Flashed there, I'll report how it goes

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Hecklar

G1032 wrote: »
    Could someone explain the main benefits of flashing a new modem. I'm on Darky's 9.3. No major issues to speak of. What improvements will flashing BUJP5 bring me?
    Thanks

None, if your not having any problems.

G1032 wrote: »
    Thanks

Well I don`t know all the in`s and outs of it but basically it should help improve your signal and wifi strength, overall be lighter on your battery, I find it good, but you might even find a better one, you just have to experiment, :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

On stock 2.2.1 at the moment and happy enough with it. Is 9.3 stable enough yet? I want to try it out but don't want to waste my time if its still full of bugs.

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    On stock 2.2.1 at the moment and happy enough with it. Is 9.3 stable enough yet? I want to try it out but don't want to waste my time if its still full of bugs.

It is very stable. Do some measurements of your battery life first though over a couple of days. Then test it on Darkys and see if that's better. Some people have reported getting up to 3-5 days with normal usage on Darkys. I struggle to get more than 18h.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

It is very stable. Do some measurements of your battery life first though over a couple of days. Then test it on Darkys and see if that's better. Some people have reported getting up to 3-5 days with normal usage on Darkys. I struggle to get more than 18h.

Bit the bullet and flashed it this morning, so far so good. My battery was the same before hand too so it'll be interesting to see what its like now. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gaffs89

It's stable and nice and smooth. Only gripe so far is it's not vibrating when I get an call. All settings are correct.Other than that I'm very happy with it. Only realized how slick it was when I was checking a setting on an galaxy with stock 2.2. Darkys was much better.

Ah its well worth it man, anything is better than stock.
    You should also look into Insanity ROM, for me I found it faster than Darky`s.
    Yes the vibro is`nt working but I had lost that ages ago, could be a hardware problem, but when I flashed Insanity, my unlock sound came back, it was never there before.
    So weird things do happen when flashing ROM`s, but as long as you have a backup and always keep one theme/kernel/stable ROM on your internal SD, just in case recovery is the only thing you can get into!

when you install a modem form zip, how do you tell if it's set as default modem?

• Advertisement

Also, just installed steel blue theme from zip... There are a pair of blue eyes blinking at me here for the last 5 minutes... Oh dear

Also, just installed steel blue theme from zip... There are a pair of blue eyes blinking at me here for the last 5 minutes... Oh dear

ok it's working now. feckin contacts don't have their facebook photos beside them anymore :(

when you install a modem form zip, how do you tell if it's set as default modem?

Settings/about phone, its near the bottom.

Its the boot up screen, when you flash a new theme it takes a little longer to boot up...

Settings/about phone, its near the bottom.

Its the boot up screen, when you flash a new theme it takes a little longer to boot up...

Cool thanks,

I got rid of the steel blue theme because the market was missing when i installed it. reflashed to darkys 9.3

Darky has 10.0b out but doesnt recommend that anyone uses it unless they are an expert. I for one, wont be going near it for another while. I would however if I had a spare phone. This being my only one, that's just not happening.

Hell yeah, I`ll wait til a flashable CWM version is out, in time tough, I to only have 1 SGS, if I wreck that, I`m dead!!

Did a complete wipe and fresh flash of 9.3 (deadlines for thesises coming up so anything to not work :/ )
    and that has fixed all my vibration problems. Hoping it'll do the same for battery life. I'll be happy if i can get a solid day. I'm really sceptical of those who get "five days". I'd get that too if I didnt use the phone and had it on aeroplane mode the whole time but they show stats with "screen use 2 hours" etc.

Strong smell of BS especially since the screen usually uses 80-90% of my battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Hecklar

Did a complete wipe and fresh flash of 9.3 (deadlines for thesises coming up so anything to not work :/ )
    and that has fixed all my vibration problems. Hoping it'll do the same for battery life. I'll be happy if i can get a solid day. I'm really sceptical of those who get "five days". I'd get that too if I didnt use the phone and had it on aeroplane mode the whole time but they show stats with "screen use 2 hours" etc.

Strong smell of BS especially since the screen usually uses 80-90% of my battery.

I'm the same, I dont buy all the claims. I have to say though, after changing the wifi sleep policy to where its supposed to be, the phone went from 10-16hr battery life to about 3 days with only a few short bursts of charge when copying stuff over by usb. that said it doesnt get mental usage so id imagine you'd get a day and a half, two days with plenty of use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Hecklar wrote: »
    I'm the same, I dont buy all the claims. I have to say though, after changing the wifi sleep policy to where its supposed to be, the phone went from 10-16hr battery life to about 3 days with only a few short bursts of charge when copying stuff over by usb. that said it doesnt get mental usage so id imagine you'd get a day and a half, two days with plenty of use.

Where is it supposed to be?
    I reckon the folk claiming to get five days battery are full of it too!
    Of course, if your not using the phone (therefor not using the battery) you'd get aaages out of the battery, but if your not gonna use the phone, why charge it, hell, why even buy one in the first place?

I'm very, very lucky if I get 12-16 hrs from mine. Use sat nav 20 mins or so, fb and light web use, and the odd call.

On 9.3, voodoo activated, and black android theme.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Updated to the latest CFW last weekend.

Im getting 30 to 36 hours use out of the battery.

Texting and calling with a nice bit of internet use on it. Dont use the gps with it or the wifi though.

Advertisement