Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darkys rom on Samsung Galaxy S

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

I can`t help that my upload speed SUCKS!! lol

Let me know if that link works for you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭budgemook

lewis wrote: »
    I`m still uploading, nearly there!
    Good man!
    Gaffs89 wrote: »
    Com'on Lewis , the man needs to flash......:D

Sure what else would I be doing on a Friday night

Hecklar wrote: »
    This link its definately working. Its the same link i used.
    https://rs90cg2.rapidshare.com/files/450475231/Darkys_v9.3_Extreme_Edition.zip
    rapidshare said ssl downloads can only be downloaded by pro users, think the free slow one is starting now though.
    I can`t help that my upload speed SUCKS!! lol

Let me know if that link works for you

will do, cheers for the help man

Ah feck, I don`t know whats going on but something happened @78%
    This is probably the same link as before, but it won`t upload..

http://www.multiupload.com/8Z04J6BBB2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

http://gaming.ronkmonster.com/host/Darkys_v9.3_Extreme_Edition.zip

I'm hosting this at home. Should get 300Kb/s. Running since yesterday. Installed with clockworkmod

• Advertisement

http://gaming.ronkmonster.com/host/Darkys_v9.3_Extreme_Edition.zip

I'm hosting this at home. Should get 300Kb/s. Running since yesterday. Installed with clockworkmod

Cheers, cancelled the rapidshare download.

budgemook wrote: »
    Cheers, cancelled the rapidshare download.

What are the speeds like?

What are the speeds like?

Didn't watch it, took about 12 mins. Cheers. Just charging to 100%, did I think of it while downloading? Of course not

Didn't watch it, took about 12 mins. Cheers. Just charging to 100%, did I think of it while downloading? Of course not

Just leave it plugged in while flashing and first boot up.

Just leave it plugged in while flashing and first boot up.

that's ok yeah? on 70%

• Advertisement

that's ok yeah? on 70%

Yeah it doesn't take that long anyway. Won't drain battery that much

Always best to do it at 100% and wipe battery stats, just so the battery knows where its at.

Have it done anyways, did it at 100%

So what's new with it anyways!?

Have it done anyways, did it at 100%

So what's new with it anyways!?

Just read the change log

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Hecklar

Well I've been on it a few days now and just like 9.2 i've discovered that when i leave wifi active it eats the battery, even when not in use. Its like it just doesnt go to sleep and stays running.

I could be on full battery and within 5 hours its dead. with wifi turned off it'll last a day and a half or so.

Try another modem and let it sit for a few days...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

I've found that the phone doesnt vibrate with incoming calls or messages on 9.3, and yes, I have got the settings right.

Battery seems to be quiet bad in the last couple days too.

I have no vibration to I`ve done every vibro test I found and flash a base ROM and it still has`nt came back, it could be a hardware problem.

Some say your might have a chance if you flash stock ROM, but I doubt it...I never really thought it was that good, I rarely felt it when it did vibrate

I have no vibration to I`ve done every vibro test I found and flash a base ROM and it still has`nt came back, it could be a hardware problem.

Some say your might have a chance if you flash stock ROM, but I doubt it...I never really thought it was that good, I rarely felt it when it did vibrate

I dont think it is a hardware thing because the phone still vibrates just not on calls and text

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

I dont think it is a hardware thing because the phone still vibrates just not on calls and text

Try Volumeace, its profile setter, might enable the vibrate on calls and texts for you.

• Advertisement

DrZeuss wrote: »
    Try Volumeace, its profile setter, might enable the vibrate on calls and texts for you.

surely that would just activate the vibrations in the settings which I have already done? Or does it go deeper?

I may do a complete wipe and reinstall. Might also fix my battery stats.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gaffs89

I've found that the phone doesnt vibrate with incoming calls or messages on 9.3, and yes, I have got the settings right.

Just checked my own, no vibrate on incoming calls either, all settings correct,will have a look on Darkys fourm.

Have a look in settings/wireless/wifi - press menu -/advanced and then "wifi sleep policy" I've found it was set to "never" as standard with darkys when it should be set to" turn off when screen turned off". Not yet a full day since I changed but already a huge improvment in battery performance.

Have a look in settings/wireless/wifi - press menu -/advanced and then "wifi sleep policy" I've found it was set to "never" as standard with darkys when it should be set to" turn off when screen turned off". Not yet a full day since I changed but already a huge improvment in battery performance.

Not really, I found that I don`t get any notifications with that setting if my screen is off, so I just leave it on all the time...
    I`v asked a lot in XDA and you better bring your sword and shield, there`s some questions they don`t like, lol

I think its stupid that the vibration can go just from flashing, I mean is`nt it one of the basic functions of a phone, there by every ROM should have it enabled or working at least.

Not really, I found that I don`t get any notifications if my screen is off, so I just leave it on all the time...
    I`v asked a lot in XDA and you better bring your sword and shield, there`s some questions they don`t like, lol

I think its stupid that the vibration can go just from flashing, I mean is`nt it one of the basic functions of a phone, there by every ROM should have it enabled or working at least.

No really what?
    I get notifications with it set like this, this is actually how its supposed to be set by default. As is the nexus s straightout of the box.

No really what?
    I get notifications with it set like this, this is actually how its supposed to be set by default. As is the nexus s straightout of the box.

I don`t know, I had it set like yours and the missus and I where playing a game and none of the notifications where coming through, I changed the sleep policy to never and she`s grand now...the phone I mean,lol

A lot of weird things happen when flashing, I moved to Insanity ROM and before I never had an unlock sound...now I do....but I lose it if I flash Black Android theme.

Great thanks, i hadnt noticed that darky default was different.

Hopefully that'll improve battery but nothing yet on vibrate.

Great thanks, i hadnt noticed that darky default was different.

Hopefully that'll improve battery but nothing yet on vibrate.

It'll make a huge difference for ya, phone is still in the 90s since charging last night.:)

I wouldn't be able to help on the vibrate thing though, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,652 ✭✭✭shmeee

I joined up to just let anyone here know who are thinking about flasing their phone, that it is def worth while...

I was running stock 2.2 on my Samsung Galaxy and flashed to Darky 9.3 with the help of the video and link posted on the first page of this thread....

It was so easy to follow and worked with out any problems... I backed up all my apps, contacts and data via mybackup and restored once the flash was complete...

The phone is so much smoother and battery life is so much better, before I charged my phone ever night, now I only charge every second night... I would use my phone a fair amount during the day too, but the difference has to be seen to be believed....

I don't know if this was already mentioned here but then today I went along and installed a new theme to my phone and it looks even better.... Steelblue it is called and it was so easy to install after you have phone rooted... No backup required and nothing will get lost...

It's just a matter of going into recovery and installing zip from sdcard, along with doin a few minor tweaks before unzipping, all the info needed is here : http://darky.ficeto.com/community/index.php?threads/theme-steelblue-3-0-from-team-carbon-markyyyyy-edint3000-00-ante.1310/

sc20110222165637.png

I was new to this whole flashing a few weeks ago and was half afraid I would brick my phone or make a balls of it but there is so much info out there and google is your lifeline for it.... So if you were like me I would consider giving it a go, you will love your SGS even more...

PS. great info from users here too, keep it up.... :)

• Advertisement

shmeee wrote: »
    I joined up to just let anyone here know who are thinking about flasing their phone, that it is def worth while...

I was running stock 2.2 on my Samsung Galaxy and flashed to Darky 9.3 with the help of the video and link posted on the first page of this thread....

It was so easy to follow and worked with out any problems... I backed up all my apps, contacts and data via mybackup and restored once the flash was complete...

The phone is so much smoother and battery life is so much better, before I charged my phone ever night, now I only charge every second night... I would use my phone a fair amount during the day too, but the difference has to be seen to be believed....

I don't know if this was already mentioned here but then today I went along and installed a new theme to my phone and it looks even better.... Steelblue it is called and it was so easy to install after you have phone rooted... No backup required and nothing will get lost...

It's just a matter of going into recovery and installing zip from sdcard, along with doin a few minor tweaks before unzipping, all the info needed is here : http://darky.ficeto.com/community/index.php?threads/theme-steelblue-3-0-from-team-carbon-markyyyyy-edint3000-00-ante.1310/

sc20110222165637.png

I was new to this whole flashing a few weeks ago and was half afraid I would brick my phone or make a balls of it but there is so much info out there and google is your lifeline for it.... So if you were like me I would consider giving it a go, you will love your SGS even more...

PS. great info from users here too, keep it up.... :)

Ah, I remember that theme, its a good one, but I had to take a break from blue things, lol

Advertisement