Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darkys rom on Samsung Galaxy S

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭superfish

ok I got 9.4 looks nice and I did not wipe before install because I had just wiped before installing resurection maybe thats where ive gone wrong. im having a problem with xt9 predictive text it wont turn on you have to turn it on and off everytime you want to text is there a fix for this ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

superfish wrote: »
    ok I got 9.4 looks nice and I did not wipe before install because I had just wiped before installing resurection maybe thats where ive gone wrong. im having a problem with xt9 predictive text it wont turn on you have to turn it on and off everytime you want to text is there a fix for this ?

I told you, you need wipe when coming from 9.2. Its a new kernel. It doesn't matter that you wiped before 9.2. Flash again and this time wipe

I just installed go sms and it seems to have fixed the problem so think il leave it alone now its all working as should be so il wait for a newer version to come out and il wipe an install that one cheers for all the help po

I just installed go sms and it seems to have fixed the problem so think il leave it alone now its all working as should be so il wait for a newer version to come out and il wipe an install that one cheers for all the help po

So you're not wiping, its the one rom Darky insisted you must wipe for, all others could be upgrade without wipe but not this one, foolish not to IMO

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    So you're not wiping, its the one rom Darky insisted you must wipe for, all others could be upgrade without wipe but not this one, foolish not to

really ? ok then im just worried about doing it again because i used rom manager to install it so unsure of how to do it il give it a go though you got me worried now ha ha

• Advertisement

I think I know the mistake you're making, is it that when in recovery you're selecting apply sdcard:update.zip when you should be selecting install zip from sd card and navigating to the Darkys file at the bottom.

On 9.4 you will have Dark Voodoo Recovery which is black with grey text, hold power and select recovery to boot to it.

yea you were right what ive just done is rocovey, wipe data, wipe catche, update zip lol and it did nothing so then went to install zip and chose darky rom 9.4 let it do its thing now im just rebooting was this way ok ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Anyone able to install Angry Birds Rio on 9.4 ?

Removed SD card adn it installed, Aparently it's a known bug.
    Either that or unmount the card.

Ste- wrote: »
    Anyone able to install Angry Birds Rio on 9.4 ?

Yeah, installed fine. If you're having problems installing apps with 9.4, copy it to your internal sd, unmount your external sd card, install it and then remount

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Yeah, installed fine. If you're having problems installing apps with 9.4, copy it to your internal sd, unmount your external sd card, install it and then remount

Just did, thanks PogMoThoin.

• Advertisement

ok im all good to go 9.4 is class I still had the xt9 problem though even after a wipe an reinstall but go sms seems to have sorted that again pog your a star its all thanks to you, you really know your stuff I think you should be made a mod :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Is anyone on 9.4 missing the adblock program that was included in the 9.2 & 9.3 builds?

cdb wrote: »
    Is anyone on 9.4 missing the adblock program that was included in the 9.2 & 9.3 builds?

What adblock program? I never had any, maybe you installed it yourself and now its not showing after a wipe.

What adblock program? I never had any, maybe you installed it yourself and now its not showing after a wipe.
    If you didn't have it then its most likely I downloaded it in a market frenzy post Darky's 9.2 and thought the source was Darky's ROM. Thanks for clearing it up.

http://lifehacker.com/#!5612338/adfree-blocks-ads-on-your-rooted-android-phone

hi cbd the above is a link to the adblocker you were on about hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gaffs89

ok im all good to go 9.4 is class I still had the xt9 problem though even after a wipe an reinstall but go sms seems to have sorted that again pog your a star its all thanks to you, you really know your stuff I think you should be made a mod :-)

Glad to see you finaly got sorted. regarding the xt9 problem , what keyboard are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Gerard93

Hi Superfish,
    How are you finding the phone since you installed Darkys Rom? Have you noted an increase in Battery life etc ??
    I have a Galaxy S just over a week and am tempted to do this.

Gaffs89 wrote: »
    Glad to see you finaly got sorted. regarding the xt9 problem , what keyboard are you using?

im using the samsung 3x4 keypad as dont like the gingerbread or qwerty and I previously had go sms before wipe so thats what im used to it was just pure luck it happened to fix the xt9 problem, pcs are so much easier to mod and reinstall these phones remind me of the old pcs when you had to install everything your self in dos mode

Gerard93 wrote: »
    Hi Superfish,
    How are you finding the phone since you installed Darkys Rom? Have you noted an increase in Battery life etc ??
    hi ger all I can say is after suffering with samsungs 2.2 laggy crap for so long this is awsome its super fast and does not freze up when using some apps, im afraid its still too early for me to comment on batterylife although I have been on it constantly since lastnight and all day today thats including installing everything and im down to about 30% battery, I know with that kind of use before I would be lucky to see 7 hours use although Il really notice once I give it a fresh charge. to be honest everything is just so much nicer well worth doing it just be carful not to be a butterfingers like me and put it straight into download mode ha ha

http://lifehacker.com/#!5612338/adfree-blocks-ads-on-your-rooted-android-phone

hi cbd the above is a link to the adblocker you were on about hope this helps
    Thats the one I was after superfish. Cheers.

• Advertisement

cdb wrote: »
    Thats the one I was after superfish. Cheers.
    no probs ive just installed it myself hate them ads with a passion. wow what a great app worked perfect

im using the samsung 3x4 keypad as dont like the gingerbread or qwerty and I previously had go sms before wipe so thats what im used to it was just pure luck it happened to fix the xt9 problem, pcs are so much easier to mod and reinstall these phones remind me of the old pcs when you had to install everything your self in dos mode

I upgraded last night to 9.4 from 9.3. I use samsung qwerty and my xt9 is fine, must have been something to do with go sms.
    By the way do you have Darkys Rom config app installed, because thats all you'll need from now on to update.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Gerard93

Thanks Superfish for the reply, I think I'll give it a go alright, there's more than enough info on this thread about doing it anyway - Thanks.

Ger.

Gaffs89 wrote: »
    I upgraded last night to 9.4 from 9.3. I use samsung qwerty and my xt9 is fine, must have been something to do with go sms.
    By the way do you have Darkys Rom config app installed, because thats all you'll need from now on to update.
    yes I installed it before I put 9.4 on and used it to do a wipe but to be honest any future updates Il be using rom manager its so much easier and does all the leg work for you. its deffo not go sms that was the prob because I did a wipe before installing 9.4 so go was not even on it when I was having the prob I did read on the web that this was a common problem in 9.2 and a few people are having it in this version to be honest if I could not fix it Id just use the qwerty keypad instead as ha dthis on my old blackberry although it would take some time getting used to again

yes I installed it before I put 9.4 on and used it to do a wipe but to be honest any future updates Il be using rom manager its so much easier and does all the leg work for you. its deffo not go sms that was the prob because I did a wipe before installing 9.4 so go was not even on it when I was having the prob I did read on the web that this was a common problem in 9.2 and a few people are having it in this version to be honest if I could not fix it Id just use the qwerty keypad instead as ha dthis on my old blackberry although it would take some time getting used to again

Fair enough whatever works for you.
    I'm finding battery much better on 9.4. At 72% after 12 hours above average use.Let's hope it keeps up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

When you go from a sense rom to a non-sense one is there any way to get the HTC browser back?

EGriff wrote: »
    When you go from a sense rom to a non-sense one is there any way to get the HTC browser back?

??????? Think you're on the wrong thread....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

I've had a few issues with 9.4. Just wiped reflashed 9.4 hoping that things work better this time. If not, it'll be back to 9.3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

Gerard93 wrote: »
    Hi Superfish,
    I've had a few issues with 9.4. Just wiped reflashed 9.4 hoping that things work better this time. If not, it'll be back to 9.3.

If you don`t like or are not happy with 9.4, I strongly suggest you try Insanity 6.8 ROM w/ Damian kernel, for me I found it faster and bug free...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

lewis wrote: »
    If you don`t like or are not happy with 9.4, I strongly suggest you try Insanity 6.8 ROM w/ Damian kernel, for me I found it faster and bug free...

I'm gonna try this I think. On 9.4 with no issues but I've seen you mention this before.........

Advertisement