Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darkys rom on Samsung Galaxy S

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Anyone get this bug when trying to pick a wallpaper from your gallery? The selector box only seems to be in one screen size, instead of the panoramic one that pans when you pan homescreens, weird.
    http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/682/sc20110325144407.png

Also, my WiFi doesn't seem to be turning off when the screen does, I remember on stock there was an option in One Click Lag Fix that let you set the time to wait to turn off the WiFi (to a few seconds), is there anything like that with DM or can I just use OCLF for that and it won't interfere with DM?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭budgemook

BopNiblets wrote: »
    Anyone get this bug when trying to pick a wallpaper from your gallery? The selector box only seems to be in one screen size, instead of the panoramic one that pans when you pan homescreens, weird.
    http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/682/sc20110325144407.png

Also, my WiFi doesn't seem to be turning off when the screen does, I remember on stock there was an option in One Click Lag Fix that let you set the time to wait to turn off the WiFi (to a few seconds), is there anything like that with DM or can I just use OCLF for that and it won't interfere with DM?

Hey,

I was having the wallpaper issue at first but it fixed itself almost straight away. You know you have to pinch zoom, pinching the borders? Well even that wasn't working on then just did so keep trying.

As for Wifi, what do your settings in settings > wireless and network > wifi > [menu] advanced > wifi sleep policy say?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

I have that set to "When screen turns off".

BopNiblets wrote: »
    I have that set to "When screen turns off".

Dunno so, working for me

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭rockal

Darkys v9.5 http://bit.ly/darky95

This fixes all 9.4 bugs + new kernal "Dark Core" v1.0

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

rockal wrote: »

Just came to post that

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭superfish

do you have to wipe first before installing on 9.4 ? also do you have to undo the lag fix first ?

Just undo lagfix, no wipe they say is fine. But I had a problem, I lost lots of apps and settings after disabling lagfix, something fooked up, so I did a wipe. I'm now restoring my apps & settings with Titanium on 9.5

on darkys page, as well as links to the rom, there are links to dark core (odin and cwm), what are these for?

Just links to the kernel thats included in the rom

• Advertisement

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Just undo lagfix, no wipe they say is fine. But I had a problem, I lost lots of apps and settings after disabling lagfix, something fooked up, so I did a wipe. I'm now restoring my apps & settings with Titanium on 9.5
    well in that case im gunna stick with 9.4 I really have not noticed the bugs seems ok to me just cant be bothred to wipe everything again. I was just wondering im gunna do my gfs phone today im gunna use odin first and after instead of putting the resurection 9.2 file on could I just put 9.5 straight on instead

superfish wrote: »
    well in that case im gunna stick with 9.4 I really have not noticed the bugs seems ok to me just cant be bothred to wipe everything again. I was just wondering im gunna do my gfs phone today im gunna use odin first and after instead of putting the resurection 9.2 file on could I just put 9.5 straight on instead

You can upgrade and keep all settings and apps, takes 10 mins. 9.5 feels smoother and fixes the app installing bugs

I upgraded from 9.4 with 'no wipe' - I just disabled lag fixes first and everything went OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭itsnotmyfault

I was happy enough with 9.3 so didn't bother upgrading to 9.4. I'll probably take the plunge and upgrade to 9.5.

Just 1 question, Is the lagfix enabled by default on 9.3,9.4 and 9.5 or do you have to enable this yourself?

I upgraded from 9.4 with 'no wipe' - I just disabled lag fixes first and everything went OK.
    just did it there 9.5 just finished download cant wait to see what its like now

9.5 is a beauty, well finished, feels snappier than 9.4

1583 in quadrant, was getting little over 900 on sh1tty samsung firmware

hey guys ive finished installing 9.5 but still inrecovery mode as it says thank you for installing darky rom but above that it says rooting your phone...

copying recovery log to your sd

sould i wait for somthing to happen or just reeboot as it seems like its not doing anything ?

hey guys ive finished installing 9.5 but still inrecovery mode as it says thank you for installing darky rom but above that it says rooting your phone...

copying recovery log to your sd

sould i wait for somthing to happen or just reeboot as it seems like its not doing anything ?
    its ok I just took a leap of faith and rebooted it fingers crossed lol

wtf the nexus boot up graphics staying on forever and just remembered I forgot to go into darky rom configurator first is this a problem ?

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

Mine was about five mins on the nexus animation, dont panic :D

• Advertisement

cheers bandit i did panic and held the off button down and turned it back on again lol it fired up though and does not seem to have effected the installation. instantly it seems the phone is faster, im about to do my gf phone now from stock 2.2 she will be so shocked wit 9.5

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gaffs89

Just charging now. 9.5 next. This is addictive lads.

ok so ive both mine and my gfs phone running 9.5 now so far no major probs seems a lot faster although when i went into my gallery the whole thing froze with a line across the screen and dimmed display I actually had to take out the battery to restart although it seems fine now, this happened after applying the new lag fix

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gaffs89

ok so ive both mine and my gfs phone running 9.5 now so far no major probs seems a lot faster although when i went into my gallery the whole thing froze with a line across the screen and dimmed display I actually had to take out the battery to restart although it seems fine now, this happened after applying the new lag fix

Did it happen on both phones and did it happen again after you restarted?

I'm finding the stock gallery very slow also, open sgs tools, upgrade stock apps and install the modded gallery

Note, it may break something, I upgraded the email client before to the Galaxy tab one and had to revert when the barcode scanner stopped working

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    I'm finding the stock gallery very slow also, open sgs tools, upgrade stock apps and install the modded gallery

Note, it may break something, I upgraded the email client before to the Galaxy tab one and had to revert when the barcode scanner stopped working

That was one of the v9.4 bugs. Should be OK now in v9.5.

That was one of the v9.4 bugs. Should be OK now in v9.5.

Both myself and superfish are on 9.5

Upgrading gallery fixes it, not found anything broken yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Installed 9.5 without wipe but i did turn off the lag fix and put it back on.

quad is about the same (1480-1580), but not really noticing any other differences.

Stock gallery is pretty slow, slower than 9,4, but better after installing the mod from SGStools.

So yesterday I did a wipe upgrade to 9.4.

Going to do a non wipe upgrade to 9.5 today so I don't have the bugs.

I hear people saying make sure you disable lagfix. Why's that? Do I just do it in Darkys Configuration app?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

budgemook wrote: »
    So yesterday I did a wipe upgrade to 9.4.

Going to do a non wipe upgrade to 9.5 today so I don't have the bugs.

I hear people saying make sure you disable lagfix. Why's that? Do I just do it in Darkys Configuration app?

Thanks

Restart into recovery, disable voodoo lagfix and system lagfix. It takes a while so be patient. Then reflash with 9.5

Advertisement