Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Twisted Tag Tournament discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

No
    My take on Red Robin & Dean Winchester vs. Dirty Burt:

Dean waits with the car while Red Robin eliminates their opposition. Upon his return to the car however Dean is nowhere to be seen. All that remains of him is a partially eaten bacon cheeseburger and a patch of freshly turned ground

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Would it be cheating to get the fighting forum regulars in to vote on the current round? :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

No
    Orim wrote: »
    Would it be cheating to get the fighting forum regulars in to vote on the current round? :pac:
    Absolutely not
    Fewcifur wrote: »
    Right, I think the only thing Guile has on Taskmaster is the Sonic Boom. If this is an all human tournament and we're somehow suggesting the sonic boom is within human ability, then Taskmaster can replicate it, so goodbye Guile advantage. Plus, if Chun-li et al avoid the sonic boom on a regular basis I'm pretty sure Taskmaster will have no issues.
    Read this:
    Sonic boom is not a super power, it's artistic license of being able to whip your hands at lightning fast speed. Guile doesn't believe in any of that noncy focusing your chi crap.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

No
    Not that it helped him.

I still don't think Tasky could get anywhere near Guile.

He might be able to learn his moves the first time he sees him but the entire point to Guile is not that he does anything particularly amazing in a fight, he's just very, very defensive, never does anything thats not "safe" and hard hitting to the point where enemies get frustrated and stupid very quick.

That and the fact if you leave the ground around guile, you die.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

No
    Have been some very hard to call fights so far. I'm enjoying this one.
    Taskmaster certainly is beatable. he just needs to fight a psychopath (or a Kung Lao style guy capable of clearing his mind in abttle and becoming unpredictable).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

No
    Galvasean wrote: »
    Have been some very hard to call fights so far. I'm enjoying this one.
    Taskmaster certainly is beatable. he just needs to fight a psychopath (or a Kung Lao style guy capable of clearing his mind in abttle and becoming unpredictable).

Oh Tasky is beatable and certain types do better against him that others.

Moonknight always does well against him and has handed him some right brutal beatings. Tasky hates fighting Moonknight in the comics and will not even attempt to copy MK's style as MK has no problem getting hit twenty times just to land one big shot.

Not sure what you are getting at with the clearing of the mind bit though. Tasky does not read minds to predict moves or learn styles, Mr X is the Marvel character that does that. Tasky learns a person's moves from what he can see. The minute you move or start a move he can recreate it to the same level, and he also instinctively knows if a style he has already "learned" is able to combat the new style he is watching or fighting against.

Unpredictable fighters with no defined style or strategy he generally choses not to copy but can still adjust to almost anyone like that , the only character like that that he cannot predict is Deadpool( and by association Deadpool's clones).

Martial artists or military trained people have always proven to be amongst the easiest of fighters for Tasky to copy or to beat.

No
    By clearing the mind, you remove a set patern from your fighting style, making your movements incredibly hard to mimick.

No
    You both are gonna hate who Tasky is fighting this round. Although I am kinda happy to see Taskmaster doing this well. I always felt he was underrated by Marvel.

• Moderators Posts: 51,724 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

No
    holy spongebob, thats one hell of a match for the latest round :D:D

If you can read this, you're too close!

No
    By clearing the mind, you remove a set patern from your fighting style, making your movements incredibly hard to mimick.

Tasky is able to mimic Wolverine when Wolverine is in a berserker fury so he is able to mimic styles that don't have set movements.

The only person with a non fixed style that he cannot mimic at all is Deadpool, but he can fight against Deadpool using the other styles he has mimiced in the past.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Read this:

Read it... which is why I made my point that Taskmaster could copy it.

Latest fight is a big one!

No
    yeah, kinda says something when the weakest fighter is Rorschach.

No
    Kess73 wrote: »
    Cannot disagree with you. Fisher is the threat on the other team, but he has nothing that Frank Castle has not bested in the past.

Castle can mix it with the best that human training can produce as well as mixing it with meta humans.

Even if Fisher had all the weapons that Castle has in this fight, and Castle only had the handgun and knife, I would be going with Castle.

Fisher may be watching Frank and Two Gun while they are checking out Ripley's spacecraft, but he does not have any long range weapons, so he has to get close to Castle who is not going to be anything other than on guard.

Too good, too fast, too strong, too well trained, too lethal.

Two Gun Punisher FTW
    In the interest of fairness I could point out that there is nothing stopping Fisher from trading guns with Ripley temporarily. They are a team after all.

What is your logic in the load outs Wolf? Sometimes you give Fisher his full load-out, other times it's just gun and knife?

No
    I always go with Cybes carefully picking the load out, a fully equipped Splinter Cell gent would have taken on pretty much anyone in this tournament.
    :)
    Get it now Fewcifur?

No, because other times you've had him fully equipped. I'm wondering why the load-outs change.

Fisher with a full load-out might have made this match-up interesting, but as it is the Punisher should just obliterate him

No
    Just more guns for Frank to take when he kills Sam. :)

No
    Menat to ask, is Frank paired with Two-Gun again simply luck of the draw?

True, but when you've got a superior Punisher with superior weapons against Fisher... I mean it's just a no brainer.

No
    In the interest of fairness I could point out that there is nothing stopping Fisher from trading guns with Ripley temporarily. They are a team after all.

This is true and I did think of that. Frank is still the only one with a long range weapon though or rather he has the weapon with the longest range in this match up.

The M41A is a close to mid range weapon according to the stats for it in the Alien series.

Plus it has a slower firing rate than Frank's main weapon and is prone to jamming if full mags are used. :p

So Frank still has the advantage even if Fisher takes Ripley's gun.

• Advertisement

No
    No, because other times you've had him fully equipped. I'm wondering why the load-outs change.

Fisher with a full load-out might have made this match-up interesting, but as it is the Punisher should just obliterate him
    The only time he had his full equipment was against Batman.

No
    Menat to ask, is Frank paired with Two-Gun again simply luck of the draw?
    Yeah, that was a dumb luck pairing

No
    FINAL INTERMISSION PREVIEW

MYSELF

VS

SQUIRREL GIRL

NOTES:
    1. NO OUTSIDE HELP ALLOWED( SHE NO GET LITTLE HELPERS, AND i NOT BRINGING DOOMBOTS ALONG
    2. WE BOTH HAVE OUR METAHUMAN ABILITIES AVAILABLE
    3. NO WEAPONS ALLOWED AT THE START OF THE MATCH. FOUND WEAPONS PERMISSIBLE.

You can all thank Fewcifur for this match.

No
    Links234 wrote: »
    Squirrel girl defeats Cyberwolf in the most humiliating way possible, then takes him shoe shopping, where he mopes about like a lost puppy through all the different shoe shops. :pac:
    Couldn't she just kill me?
    Squirrel Girl wins with ease. But I cannot tell you how it went down as, like most of her big wins, it happened off panel. ;)
    There better not be a squirrel army waiting off panel

No
    Couldn't she just kill me?

There better not be a squirrel army waiting off panel

First rule of off panel is that we never talk about off panel. :p

92562-bigthumbnail.jpg

squirrels.jpg

No
    Squirrels with lightsabers? I suspect shenanigans!

No
    Finale is gonna be a fatal faour-way. Why, because it amuses me.

No
    In case I forget it after the votes come in on the final round, kudos to Cyberwolf on yet another excellent tournament. The effort he puts into it makes for a very enjoyable and engaging torney for the rest of us.

No
    In case I forget it after the votes come in on the final round, kudos to Cyberwolf on yet another excellent tournament. The effort he puts into it makes for a very enjoyable and engaging torney for the rest of us.
    To be honest you the top poster of this tournament for me. The only person to vote on every match.

• Advertisement

To be honest you the top poster of this tournament for me. The only person to vote on every match.

For me too, generally Kess's vote is so bang on the money that I've had no need to vote as there's nothing to add. Though I do keep an eye in case he needs backup :cool:

Advertisement