Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Twisted Tag Tournament discussion Thread

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

No
    To be honest you the top poster of this tournament for me. The only person to vote on every match.

I don't know about being the top poster. Maybe in terms of quantity but in terms of sheer quality there have been some cracking posts made during this tourno that had me laughing out loud, and others that had me looking at my own opinion and going "hmmmmmm"

No
    I gotta ask how people have Frank Castle setting booby traps in Murderworld of all places, and also using strategy in there. Arcade simply would not allow either, and none of Murderworld is beyond his view.

Murderworld is about reacting rather than having any time to plan. The minute Punisher and co get dropped in there, they are fighting for their lives against whatever scenarios, LMDs, automations etc that Arcade has set up for them, not to mention the way the place gets set up trap wise.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

No
    Kess73 wrote: »
    I gotta ask how people have Frank Castle setting booby traps in Murderworld of all places, and also using strategy in there. Arcade simply would not allow either, and none of Murderworld is beyond his view.

Murderworld is about reacting rather than having any time to plan. The minute Punisher and co get dropped in there, they are fighting for their lives against whatever scenarios, LMDs, automations etc that Arcade has set up for them, not to mention the way the place gets set up trap wise.
    This intrigues me as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Reading up on Taskmaster makes me wonder about his eligibility in this tournament...

"as it was revealed that he got his powers by artificial means as an adult."

from the Wiki.

Certainly his abilities don't sound like they're within the range of an average human, or any other human any one has ever heard of.

He's the winner of this tourney for me, but... if he's in it, why isn't Dare Devil etc?

No
    This intrigues me as well.

Nobody just walks into Murderworld without Arcade letting them do do. If you are to be put in there to fight for your life, then Arcade always either abducts his victims with them waking up inside whatever starting point that Arcade has chosen for them , or he sets an outside trap that gets them there.

Plus he always changes the inside, so if you were there before then it will be nothing like that the next time you are there, and he tailors traps, LMDs, automations, solid holograms etc to his victim's strengths and weaknesses.

As Tasky was hired by Arcade for the last scenario, he will be the only one that does not wake up and just find himself in there, and he will be the only one that does not wake up and straight away be under threat. Murderworld simply does not allow it's victims time to set traps of their own or plan complex strategies.

Plus it has a very high kill rate amongst non super powered "guests"

For example when the X-Men were in there, Arcade was able to tailor it to counter Wolverine's senses so his instincts and sense of smell were useless, plus it was able to scramble his thought process whilst at the same time causing Wolverine's system to shut down if he turned berserker.

It was able to counter Nightcrawler's ability to teleport, and his ability not to be seen in shadows.

It was able to counter Angel by putting him on a giant bird perch surrounded by hundred and hundred of lazer guns that homed in and fired anytime he left the perch.

The powerless Banshee was put against robot gunfighters in a western scenario a la Westworld.

Colossus, Cyclops, and Storm were all countered as well. Then when the X-men started to fight there way out, Murderworld still had plenty to take them all on as a unit.

Also there is the surveillance systems there to take into account. No guest is off limits from Arcade and Ms Locke. So he is tracking and watching them at all times and can change what trap etc they are going to meet whenever it suits him.

That X-Men storyline is probably the best example of what awaits within Murerworld.

A small group of non super powered folk would be childs play for Arcade to track and harrass within Murderworld as he has always taken on groups of super powered folk in there at the same time.

I am also assuming that we are talking the traditional style of Murderworld which is one that is built and designed by Arcade, and not the supernatural one which is literally a portal into a hellish dimension where demons and the like await the guests.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 51,724 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

No
    I've changed my vote to Tasky as I missed the part about him working for Arcade.

Good thing Kess was complaining about the voting in here :pac:

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

No
    Fewcifur wrote: »
    Reading up on Taskmaster makes me wonder about his eligibility in this tournament...

"as it was revealed that he got his powers by artificial means as an adult."

from the Wiki.

Certainly his abilities don't sound like they're within the range of an average human, or any other human any one has ever heard of.

He's the winner of this tourney for me, but... if he's in it, why isn't Dare Devil etc?
    I went with his original origin story whereby his abilities were revealed while he was a child and perfectly duped a performer's tricks with a lariat after watching him on television.

No
    For the record I picked Hood to win the finale. he has experience facing opponents who favor a theme in their actions, and could possibly decode the method to Arcade's madness herein. From there it be down to him to avoid the others and make his escape. Once he has egressed the survivor clause is closed and Murderworld detonates itself killing the remaining three.

No
    For the record I picked Hood to win the finale. he has experience facing opponents who favor a theme in their actions, and could possibly decode the method to Arcade's madness herein. From there it be down to him to avoid the others and make his escape. Once he has egressed the survivor clause is closed and Murderworld detonates itself killing the remaining three.

Just to touch on your comment to me on how you were thinking of putting in the tailored scenarios for each person being held in Murderworld as Arcade would have done, but did not because you got stuck thinking of one for Tasky.

You could have used something like what Arcade did for Colossus in Murderworld.

A small island over deep water that was slowly getting smaller and smaller until the island was gone. Tasky's fear of water would make it the perfect trap for him.

He could have to find a killswitch to stop the island shrinking before being plunged into the water. In the case of Colossus, there was a series of lazers going off under the water that would have killed Colossus.

No
    Kess73 wrote: »
    Just to touch on your comment to me on how you were thinking of putting in the tailored scenarios for each person being held in Murderworld as Arcade would have done, but did not because you got stuck thinking of one for Tasky.

You could have used something like what Arcade did for Colossus in Murderworld.

A small island over deep water that was slowly getting smaller and smaller until the island was gone. Tasky's fear of water would make it the perfect trap for him.

He could have to find a killswitch to stop the island shrinking before being plunged into the water. In the case of Colossus, there was a series of lazers going off under the water that would have killed Colossus.
    That would have been cool. Punisher was going back to Firebase Valley Forge, Hood was gonna romp through The Labyrinth a la Edward Nygma(Riddler) with android doubles of Bane and Killer Croc as his opposition, and Shang-Chi was going to be given his quiet fishing village back.

• Advertisement

No
    That would have been cool. Punisher was going back to Firebase Valley Forge, Hood was gonna romp through The Labyrinth a la Edward Nygma(Riddler) with android doubles of Bane and Killer Croc as his opposition, and Shang-Chi was going to be given his quiet fishing village back.

Given Arcade's liking for LMDs that look, sound, and act like loved ones of his "guests" I have a feeling that Castle would have either working LMDs of his family turn up or their images played to him. He would also, most likely anyway, have a mixture of LMDs of his current friends/allies mixed in with one or two kidnapped friends of his. That way if he assumed that all were fake, he would end up killing his real friends. He could also have LMDs of hated enemies surface with the LMDs acting the exact same as the villains would act if they were trapped in Murderworld. The time Castle spent killing his "enemies" would be all Murderworld would need to get Castle, same would go for Red Hood.

Arcade did that when had the X-men in Murderworld as he had the love interests of Nightcrawler, Angel, and Banshee show up with the heroes not knowing whether they were LMDs, real, or a mix of both.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

No
    I'm currently doing up a list for a 'back to basics' type tourney. I've got 23 chaarcaters so far (some familiar, some brand new to our forum). Has anyone any suggestions?
    Bear in mind that I'm looking for chaaracters that are specifically nocturnal / dark in theme / nature.
    PM me if you want to keep it secret.

No
    Galvasean wrote: »
    I'm currently doing up a list for a 'back to basics' type tourney. I've got 23 chaarcaters so far (some familiar, some brand new to our forum). Has anyone any suggestions?
    Bear in mind that I'm looking for chaaracters that are specifically nocturnal / dark in theme / nature.
    PM me if you want to keep it secret.

Are you talking powered beings, humans, or a mix of both?

Advertisement