Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Twisted Tag Tournament discussion Thread

Options
  • 02-02-2011 1:01pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Tournament will officially start on 14 February 2011. I chose to start this thread first to prevent any questions people may have about it from cluttering up The Lair. Anyhoo the rules are as follows:
    1. 24 hours for each bout.
    2. Bouts starting on Friday will continue until Monday
    3. Give a reason, any reason for your selection's victory in the bout.
    4. No deus ex machina will be allowed
    5. Six votes for victory. Should time expire before a team reaches six votes the team ahead wins. Ties will be decided by random draw from among those participants who have voted on the bout. They will be given 12 hours to confirm their vote.
    6. Certain competitors will have their available tech decided by myself. (In other words Han Solo has his blaster, and a certain Starfleet officer has his phaser. They will not however have access to their respective ships or crews).

Continue with round 2 of the tournament? 8 votes

Yes
    0%
    No
    100%
    Doctor DooMGalvaseanKess73DeliriumHandsome BobSmileyPaulcyberwolf77RolandIRL 8 votes
    Jaguar vs Lynx
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

No Falcon?! Outrage!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

No
    Fewcifur wrote: »
    No Falcon?! Outrage!
    I didn't let him have it in the last one either.

I didn't let him have it in the last one either.

Yeah, and you notice how little I voted in the last one. Protest vote it was, no vote make I did.

• Moderators Posts: 51,724 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

No
    yay! and I see the local shops are in the spirit of the thread with bleeding heart balloons soon to be in stock :D

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

No
    Yeah, and you notice how little I voted in the last one. Protest vote it was, no vote make I did.
    Actually Han failed to appear in the Heart's Desire tournament. he also got eliminated in Round 1 of the Humanitas tournament. I hope he does better in this one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

No
    Cybes, did any of the SF guys make it in?

But they all have supa powahs Doomy... a sonic boom would be a distinct advantage. :)

No
    yes, my countryman made the cut. He even got a decent partner

No
    But they all have supa powahs Doomy... a sonic boom would be a distinct advantage. :)
    I will only allow the useof the sonic boom in the event of facing an opponent who also has ranged attacks. In other words, when someone pulls a gun on him.

No

Sonic boom is not a super power, it's artistic license of being able to whip your hands at lightning fast speed. Guile doesn't believe in any of that noncy focusing your chi crap.

Of all the Street Fighters, to be fair, the family man is probably the least powered. They even call him "the man with 2 moves" because of it.
    yes, my countryman made the cut. He even got a decent partner

Here's hoping he gets to tell a few people to go home and be family men.

Especially if they're women.

• Advertisement

No
    Sonic boom is not a super power, it's artistic license of being able to whip your hands at lightning fast speed. Guile doesn't believe in any of that noncy focusing your chi crap.

Of all the Street Fighters, to be fair, the family man is probably the least powered. They even call him "the man with 2 moves" because of it.
    Thus the reason he made it in over some of the others
    Here's hoping he gets to tell a few people to go home and be family men.

Especially if they're women.
    He has a fair chance of surviving Round 1. Beyond that doesn't look so good for him.

I distinctly remember jumping over his little whirly yoke from the other side of the screen... sounds fishy to me. Fishy.

No
    I distinctly remember jumping over his little whirly yoke from the other side of the screen... sounds fishy to me. Fishy.

As I said, artistic license.

Guile is supposed to be the master of a unique martial art which involves whipping your arms and feet at incredible speed. That's what the boom in a sonic boom is. In game terms (switch off here if you don't like fighting games) the sonic boom makes Guile unique as it has a charge start up but virtually no recovery, so Guile is able to use it defensively and be extremely safe or offensively mid combo (very rare for a projectile).

Anyway... THIS version of Guile was so badass he didn't even need the boom, just the flash kick :D

But non jokingly, this is the version we're talking about here. Not supernatural, just total brick wall.

No
    I'm guessing we'll be seeing some fighting games fans coming by for this tourney. :D

No
    I'm guessing we'll be seeing some fighting games fans coming by for this tourney. :D

If they do, it'll be to kill Guile off- everyone hates him in Ireland cos of myself and Simon Lau :D

No
    If they do, it'll be to kill Guile off- everyone hates him in Ireland cos of myself and Simon Lau :D
    His match is taking place aboard an aircraft carrier. NIce nod to his origins and all I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

No
    After watching that clip it makes you wonder why they picked Van Damme to play Guile instead of Dolph Lundgren. He even sounds like him!

No
    Galvasean wrote: »
    After watching that clip it makes you wonder why they picked Van Damme to play Guile instead of Dolph Lundgren. He even sounds like him!
    Because Lundgren couldn't pull off the flash kick, or Van Damme was the name they wanted to use to sell tickets

No
    But Lundgren has a degree in chemical engineering. he could probably make something that looks like a sonic boom!

No
    Roster for tournament:
    Sam Fisher
    Taskmaster
    Dirty Harry
    Comedian
    John McClane
    Spider Jerusalem
    Judge Dredd
    Dean Winchester
    Indiana Jones
    Rick Deckard
    Maximus
    Ryu Hayabusa
    Ronin(Clint Barton)
    Moon Knight
    Jayne Cobb
    Riddler
    Punisher(Max)
    Crossbones
    Kwai Chang Cain
    Conan
    Green Arrow
    Snake Plissken
    Red Robin
    The Question(Renee Montoya)
    John Connor
    Speedy(Mia Dearden)
    Lex Luthor
    Stephanie Brown(Batgirl)
    Hannibal Lecter
    Jason Bourne
    The Bride
    Batroc
    Guile
    Red Hood
    Two-Gun Kid
    Rorschach
    Dutch Schaeffer
    Burt Gummer
    Joker
    Lara Croft
    Jack Bauer
    Xena
    James T. Kirk
    Autolycus
    Ogami Itto
    Autolycus
    Altair
    The Phantom
    two-Face
    Bullseye
    Han Solo
    Shang-Chi
    Jonah Hex
    Dexter Morgan
    Diamondback
    Catman
    Marv
    Tulip O'Hare
    Snake Eyes
    Rambo
    Ripley
    Batman( Dick Grayson)
    Roland Deschain
    Zorro
    ******************************************************************************
    teams will be randomised from the above roster

• Advertisement

No
    For anyone who wonders why I chose Stephanie brown over Cassandra Cain for this tournament's Batgirl entrant see the following:
    StephanieBrown.jpg

Yeah baby!!!!

No
    Is that Bruce Wayne she's slapping?

If so he deserves it, as do the ENTIRE writing crew for what they did in that stupid war games arc.

No
    Pretty sure it is Bruce she's putting in his place.

No
    I'm seeing some kick arse combatants in that line up...

No
    Galvasean wrote: »
    I'm seeing some kick arse combatants in that line up...
    This time I checked to make sure they were all completely human. There will be no rules lawyering this time around(see Cap in the Humanitas Tournament)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

No
    Dick Grayson!? Batman!?

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Dick Grayson!? Batman!?

****s been goin' down while I was asleeps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

No
    LZ will not be supporting Batman in this tourney! :pac:

• Moderators Posts: 51,724 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

No
    LZ will not be supporting Batman in this tourney! :pac:

dammit CW!! you're messing with fabric of reality :eek::P:pac:

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Advertisement