Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Twisted Tag Tournament discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,808 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

No
    This is true. Although many of this tourney's competitors required me to do a fair bit of research on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

No
    Appreciate all the effort you put in, wolfie. i would have voted more if i hadn't been so damn busy.

Wish i was around for the Jayne Cobb match...recently watched Firefly and Serenity, and just love them to bits :D

Spoiler below if you haven't seen Serenity
    wonder would River Tam be a suitable candidate for the next tourney
    if you take out the fact that she's pyschic and just use the combat conditioning?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,808 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

No
    Fewcifur is supposed to have the next tournament. Decision is up to him.

• Moderators Posts: 51,738 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

No
    whiteman19 wrote: »
    This is the only issue i have with your reasoning, koth...

There is no way Roland would shout "Nooooo" over Zorro dying as they are not ka-tet (people who are joined by destiny would be a quick way to describe ka-tet). since they barely know each other, and Zorro has done nothing to be worthy of Roland's respect, i can't see Roland crying over his death.

Other than that, your answer was good. Roland's not really adept in hand to hand combat like Batman iirc.
    I know i'm nitpicking, but you almost butchering the character of Roland with that :P I just love the Dark Tower series that much :D Well worth the read if you haven't already :)

And thanks for the praise, wolfie. took me about half an hour to decide how Roland would win and type it all in :)

it's no problem, whitey.not familiar with his character so it was my best guess;)

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Fewcifur is supposed to have the next tournament. Decision is up to him.

I'm taking no input

• Advertisement

No
    Fewcifur wrote: »
    I'm taking no input
    Good for you. That's probably for the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I just couldn't finish my answer. Oh well happy enough with what I did.

Sorry about the arm cyber :pac:

No
    Cyberwolf is still recovering from his absolute beating at the hands of Squirrel Girl and her prehistoric squirrel legion.
    Excuse me, but I defeated her handily:mad:
    Orim wrote: »
    I just couldn't finish my answer. Oh well happy enough with what I did.

Sorry about the arm cyber :pac:
    better than what Fewcifur did to me.

No
    Ash-Wolf claim victory. :D:D:D:D:D

I am now 3-0 in tournament appearances

I am now 3-0 in tournament appearances

OBJECTION!

Squirrel Girl gave you a spanking! You rascal!

• Advertisement

No
    OBJECTION!

Squirrel Girl gave you a spanking! You rascal!
    Oh really?let's go to the votes......

Deki wrote: »
    Although S-girl would attempt to call her little squirrely friends I'm sure Wolf has all entrances blocked with non-gnawable seals. This was one of Dooms problems in his defeat ("confound these wretched rodents!")
    Werewolves possess super human strength - can't imagine Squirrel girl would be stronger, even if she's a mutant. She has Teeth for chewing- Wolf has fangs for ripping. She has claws and those knuckle spikes, Wolf has some pretty good sized claws of his own, plus he's a cyber Wolf and has, in many places, an under-lining of metal for protection. He might get slashed a bit, but nothing vital pierced.
    Only sure way to bring a werewolf down is the silver bullet deal and Squirrel girl doesn't favor guns. So it sort of comes down to who is the most vicious. Yes I do believe he just waits for her to lite somewhere,and rips her smiling little head off. Wolf avenges Doom.
    LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Er, Cyber FTW, because this looks like too much of a mismatch. :p
    Do not undervalue the power of cuteness...the squirrels('girl) FTW.

(OMG omg omg...she is my fave super hero from now on! >_<''')
    Scusa Wolfie!
    koth wrote: »
    Squirrel-girl arrives at the castle, and tries to sneak through the castle to sneak-attack cyberwolf. The defenses activate and she is trapped in a room.

cyberwolf then tries to use the gas defenses to flood the room. But the squirrels have eaten through the electronics, so the 'kill by gas' button isn't working. At the same time, squirrel-girl manages to activate the release for the doors and escapes the room.

She eventually makes her way to the control-room. while looking around the room, cyberwolf pounces and knocks her out. He then put her into a large bag, which he connects the opening of said bag to the exhaust of the doom-mobile. Turns on the engine and kills her humanely. (Thank you google for the suggestion of killing a squirrel:D)

cyberwolf
    Squirrel Girl has beaten Doom before and I think Galactus too.

The wolf stands no chance.
    3-2 cyberwolf
    Cyberwolf looks like the easy victor here, but looks are oft deceiving.
    Squirrel Girl has many powers, most importantly hazelnut flavoured lips. The lip flavouring has little bearing on this match, it's just very important.

Squirrel Girl can out maneuver (I hate spelling that word and I feel firefox dictionary has once again let me down) Cyberwolf using her jumping and other squirrel like abilities. She has enhanced strength and other attributes, but I reckon Cyber may have her in the strength department. His claws look more formidable than hers but she can still deliver a sting.

If she called upon the squirrels I think Cyberwolf would just eat them.

But Squirrel Girl wins. Why, when it seems all is stacked up against her? Well, tournie tricksters, let me tell you.

It is well known that a werewolf's strengths and skills are of a natural sort, which is why metals such as silver can prove so fatal to their general workings. By cybering himself up Cyberwolf may have increased certain skills and gained some amounts of armour, but he has ultimately interrupted the natural skills that make him a deadly predator. Think of Wolverine when he had the adamantium stripped from him... they discovered it was holding back his natural abilities for so long, and the effect would be even worse with a werewolf such as Cyberwolf. So I think in this regard we shouldn't heap too much praise on Cyber's skills. If it was animal on animal I'd have given squirrelzy less chance, but in his diminished capacity I think wolfie is but another Doom waiting to happen.

The second point not yet mentioned is the Lesser Spotted Greater Latverian Sabre Squirrel, a prehistoric ancestor of the modern squirrel, who often stands (on it's hind feet) up to 5foot tall. They're dark of colour with developed claws, large serrated teeth and a jaw strength that can crack skulls. While off-shoots became smaller and adapted to tree-living and nut munching in order to survive attacks from predators, the LSGLSS grew larger, stronger and faster and is now quite happy leaping from a log and taking out a lone wolf that has strayed away from the pack.
    Squirrel Girl will summon the LSGLSS to deal major damage to Cyberwolf while the more regular squirrels distract and confuse Wolfie. Squirrel girl will ultimately dash his brains out with her knuckle spikes and super squirrel strength.

If for some bizarre reason Cyberwolf survives.... Squirrel will just hide high, wait for him to change into a more human form and then give him the thrashing of his life.

+1 Squirrel Girl!
    Cyberwolf.

Squirrel girl has good press. Thats all.

She's never really defeated anyone, it was a doom bot, I was in a different country and someone else was in my armour and I was sick and distracted andyway.
    4-3 cyberwolf
    After a long and vicious battle the wolf emerges carrying his fallen foe's body to the castle parapet. Heaving the body over the side of the castle he yells,"Doom is avenged!!"
    -End intermission-
    HERE COMES ROUND 2

4-3 victory, and your side put forward a poor argument. If we looked at quality rather than quantity, I think you'll find yourself owing Squirrel Girl your ass. She's gonna store your testicles like acorns.

No
    My side put forth fine arguments. You had to create a whole new species of squirrel just to beat me.

LZ and Doom barely backed up their reasoning! I demand a recount!

Also I found that Squirrel on wikipedia, Deki had to bust out a dragon! A Dragon!

No
    Deki never broke out a dragon. That was me eating her head. Also I want proof the squirrel beat Galactus

Deki never broke out a dragon. That was me eating her head. Also I want proof the squirrel beat Galactus

It's written in the pages...

... and you're no Galactus. :cool:

No
    Fine, to make you happy this tournament's final intermission will be a rematch between Wolf and Squirrel on neutral ground. No outside help allowed.

No
    No, I mean dumping it was silly! :D
    Titanium kneecap in it's place.

Titanium kneecap in it's place.

Squirrel Girl got lazer-eyes!

No
    Squirrel Girl got lazer-eyes!
    Citation needed!

• Advertisement

Citation needed!

I need a citation that Cyberwolf is even a cybernetic wolf!

Also, great match-up of characters this round. Don't hugely understand all the comedian fan boi-ism that's about these parts... bit of a bad ass James Bond type with no morals, but he's not in the same league as many of the other fighters about the place. We've all read Watchmen... I don't get the over-estimation of his abilities since there's no other source.

No
    LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Rorshach is beats the **** out of The Joker, while The Comedian and Red Hood duke it out. But this ain't a vietnamese pregnant woman or a civilian crowd. As Ozymandias showed us, The Comedian is facing an uphill struggle against someone of equal or superior power.

Rorschach and Red Hood FTW
    Actually Comedian defeated Ozymandias the first time they fought. That is Veidt's only loss in personal combat.
    Also, great match-up of characters this round. Don't hugely understand all the comedian fan boi-ism that's about these parts... bit of a bad ass James Bond type with no morals, but he's not in the same league as many of the other fighters about the place. We've all read Watchmen... I don't get the over-estimation of his abilities since there's no other source.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

No
    Actually Comedian defeated Ozymandias the first time they fought. That is Veidt's only loss in personal combat.

Yeah but that was a much younger Ozymandias before he was fully trained or fully aware of what he was capable of physically.

A peak Ozymandias showed that he was capable of kicking the crap out of all the Watchmen, bar Dr Manhattan, in booth the comics and the film.

Also when Ozymandias killed Blake, Ozymandias was in his mid to late 40's and it is set in and around 1986/87.

When Blake beat Ozymandias, it is meant to have happened in the late 1950's, and as such it was a teenage Ozymandias that the 35ish Blake beat in their first fight, so it was hardly a shocking defeat for Ozymandias.

No
    Kess73 wrote: »
    Yeah but that was a much younger Ozymandias before he was fully trained or fully aware of what he was capable of physically.

A peak Ozymandias showed that he was capable of kicking the crap out of all the Watchmen, bar Dr Manhattan, in booth the comics and the film.

Also when Ozymandias killed Blake, Ozymandias was in his mid to late 40's and it is set in and around 1986/87.

When Blake beat Ozymandias, it is meant to have happened in the late 1950's, and as such it was a teenage Ozymandias that the 35ish Blake beat in their first fight, so it was hardly a shocking defeat for Ozymandias.
    What does it say for Ozymandioas though that he needed the element of surprise when he attacked Blake to kill him. He's assaulting a man well into his 60's at this point and in the film had been drinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

No
    What does it say for Ozymandioas though that he needed the element of surprise when he attacked Blake to kill him. He's assaulting a man well into his 60's at this point and in the film had been drinking.

In the film there was no great element of surprise as he stood outside the door for long enough for Blake to notice him. He also stood still in the doorway after kicking the door in. To top it off Blake had time to get a shot off with his gun.

The way that Ozy handled Nightowl, Silk Spectre II, and Rorschach in both the film and book showed that he had the skills to beat both young and old capes.

Alan Moore said he was the most skilled fighter of all the Watchmen, and that is good enough for me.:p

Kess73 wrote: »
    In the film there was no great element of surprise as he stood outside the door for long enough for Blake to notice him. He also stood still in the doorway after kicking the door in. To top it off Blake had time to get a shot off with his gun.

The way that Ozy handled Nightowl, Silk Spectre II, and Rorschach in both the film and book showed that he had the skills to beat both young and old capes.

Alan Moore said he was the most skilled fighter of all the Watchmen, and that is good enough for me.:p

Also he caught a muddatrufkin bullet!

No
    Also he caught a muddatrufkin bullet!
    Which surprised even him.

Which surprised even him.

He always wondered was it possible. He proved it was. Speed. Like wind.

No
    I know f all about Fisher.
    That makes two of us.

• Advertisement

That makes two of us.

pick up a copy of Splinter Cell: Double Agent - great game!

Advertisement