Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Twisted Tag Tournament discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

No
    Close one to call this last one. Hurt me alittle to kill off one of my favourites.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,808 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

No
    Fewcifur wrote: »
    I'll have to read his bio again
    That was a sex joke fewcifur

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,808 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

No
    Galvasean wrote: »
    Close one to call this last one. Hurt me alittle to kill off one of my favourites.
    Ryu?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

No
    Here's a short film where I assist Guile in displaying why you should never, ever jump in his presence.

Just in case anyone's wondering why myself and Orim keep mentioning it :)

No
    I never doubted his ability for a moment sir.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

That was a sex joke fewcifur

I know... :rolleyes:

No
    Another one will be when somebody mentions Detective Callahan's big gun.

No
    Another one will be when somebody mentions Detective Callahan's big gun.

What about Frank Castle's big gun?

No
    That is disturbing on so many levels.

No
    Interesting the logic people choose to use :

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Phantom and Altair has skills above and beyond Dirty Harry and The Comedian.

Altair and The Phantom have the agility to evade their opponents, leading them on a merry chase. Altair conceals himself in a crowd and stabs Harry with his hidden blade as he passes. The Comedian spins about looking for a fight but gets taken down from above by the Phantom

Winner - Assassin & Ghost who walks.
    Altair sneaks up on Harry while he's on the toilet, but is unexpectantly taken out by the Comedian, who just happened to be voyeuristicly watching Harry on said Toilet (cause that's how he rolls I'm told). Startled, Harry runs outside looking to find the cause of the commotion and kick it's ass. There he finds two men brawling in the street. Harry shoots the one in purple spandex. "Damn creeps screwing up my neighbourhood".
    "Yeah", says the comedian, "You shudda seen the hoodie wearing punk checkin' you out on the crapper!"

Comedian and Harry win

• Advertisement

No
    G'wan the Comedian!!!!

15850_327272915436_693400436_9677086_6399303_n.jpg

Must say I'm surprised the Comedian and Dirty Harry are winning this one. Massive gaps in terms of skill here, their two opponents are the "trained from birth" type.

Comedian got taken out by Ozymadius (sp?) who, though insanely fine tuned, wouldn't be completely dissimilar to the two skill sets on show here.

Dirty Harry is totally outclassed, to the point where he's just waiting to be killed. Sure he's badass, but when has he ever come up against anything other than some punk with an attitude problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I think the fact that Altair might have counting problems would stand against him :pac:

Orim wrote: »
    I think the fact that Altair might have counting problems would stand against him :pac:

Does he have counting problems? I couldn't stand the first game, so never played it, but if it's anything like AC2... he'd dominate this shizzzz

Not that would be seen, I'm just making cheap Dirty Harry jokes.

He's bad ass but does suffer from the moronic "I can hide because I'm dressed slightly similarly to this group of people. This sword? Why it isn't a sword, it's a novelty toothpick" syndrome. Although I think that counts more against the guards then Altair.

Oh Hitman, where forth art thou Hitman? :(

Orim wrote: »
    Not that would be seen, I'm just making cheap Dirty Harry jokes.

He's bad ass but does suffer from the moronic "I can hide because I'm dressed slightly similarly to this group of people. This sword? Why it isn't a sword, it's a novelty toothpick" syndrome. Although I think that counts more against the guards then Altair.

Oh Hitman, where forth art thou Hitman? :(

Oh! Hah, sorry, wasn't even thinking "did I use 5 bullets or did I use 6.." or whatever it is. :)

I think Wolf used Hitman (I want to say Agent 57, but think it's 42... I'm confusing it with Passenger 57. Probably. Eep.) in another tournament. I just think Altair's physical skills are enough for him to take it, jump from the top of a building etc.

No
    I never used No.47 in a tournament. He would have been cool though.

Roland Deschain's quest has brought him to a dying city where he encounters a strange fellow who claims to be a hero on a quest similar to his own. Meanwhile on his journey back to his own time Bruce Wayne has found himself allied with a half-crazed woman claiming to be form his future. he has located an a cache of equipment left behind by his now deceased alternate on this world. His only clue to moving on is break into the tower at the center of the city. Standing in his way however is apparently his childhood hero and a gunslinger from the Wild West.

Not to be a pain but is the Batman in this tournament not supposed to be Dick Grayson?

Sorry Cyber, appreciate the work but I just want to clarify.

No
    Yeah, was easier for me to set thios one up using Bruce. Also, the fanbois complained.

Yeah, was easier for me to set thios one up using Bruce. Also, the fanbois complained.

But Bruce is default winner... I liked the Grayson element, kinda brought him down a few pegs

• Advertisement

No
    I plan to use Grayson in the next round should Bruce survive facing Excalibur.

No
    What a sweet vote:
    whiteman19 wrote: »
    Roland ponders at the strangeness of the world he's in, but doesn't dawdle, for he's passed through worlds like this before. Upon encountering Zorro, he mistakes the masked crusader for the Man In Black, and shoots him. Realising he was wrong, Roland just walks away from the fresh corpse.

Roland meets Ripley first, who still running high from her fight against the Alien, wildly fires at Roland, who loses his right hand as the bullets fly through it. Roland takes a deep breath and aims carefully at Ripley with his left hand, firing one shot from his revolver, which pierces her skull, killing her stone dead.

Roland continues on dazed through the city, happening across a pharmacy. taking some painkillers inside, he manages to stave off unconsciousness while bandaging his wound.

Batman has been observing Roland as he progresses, thinking he's finally found how to kill him. Batman lies in wait outside on the pharmacy roof, ready to pounce on Roland the second he steps out.

He hears a gunshot, then realises he's bleeding. Turning around, he finds Roland standing behind him with a smoking gun. As he falls to the ground, he hears Roland utter one word...Ka...then blackness.

Roland walks away unforgiving, as Batman had forgotten the face of his father, for not being more careful about concealing his position while observing Roland, the youngest boy to become a Gunslinger in all of Mid-World.

Roland collects items from all the three he's killed, keeping them to lay at the bottom of the Dark Tower. He sighs, wondering how many have died on his quest to the Tower. Burying such thoughts as they are best left for a place less dangerous than here, Roland continues on, leaving the city behind him as he has done countless times before for countless cities.

And the Tower is closer...

Roland FTW

• Moderators Posts: 51,738 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

No
    Just wondering, what point in the Alien series is this version of Ripley?

Trying to work out my vote and which movie this Ripley is from might help me work out a scenario.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Moderators Posts: 51,738 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

No
    really wanted to write Roland+Zorro to win but couldn't make it work.

If you can read this, you're too close!

No
    Fugure it between parts 2 & 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

No
    This is the only issue i have with your reasoning, koth...
    koth wrote: »
    Without warning one of the windows explodes inwards as Batman flies towards Zorro. Zorro takes the full force of Batmans attack and is propelled out through the window on the far side of the room.

“Nooooo!!” shouts Roland as he opens fire on Batman. Batman manages to evade the gunfire while at the same time throwing two batrangs at Roland. Rolands guns are knocked from his hands.
    There is no way Roland would shout "Nooooo" over Zorro dying as they are not ka-tet (people who are joined by destiny would be a quick way to describe ka-tet). since they barely know each other, and Zorro has done nothing to be worthy of Roland's respect, i can't see Roland crying over his death.

Other than that, your answer was good. Roland's not really adept in hand to hand combat like Batman iirc.
    I know i'm nitpicking, but you almost butchering the character of Roland with that :P I just love the Dark Tower series that much :D Well worth the read if you haven't already :)

And thanks for the praise, wolfie. took me about half an hour to decide how Roland would win and type it all in :)

No
    :( Really wanted Roland to win...but i think a lot of people don't know him and a Wiki page can't tell you enough about him. you really have to read the books to understand him (and even then you don't completely know him)

No
    That vote from whitey reminded of some of Fewcifur's votes from tournaments past.

No
    whiteman19 wrote: »
    :( Really wanted Roland to win...but i think a lot of people don't know him and a Wiki page can't tell you enough about him. you really have to read the books to understand him (and even then you don't completely know him)
    I had to look him up on the Wiki page to set the match up. :o

• Advertisement

No
    I had to look him up on the Wiki page to set the match up. :o
    that's okay...i wasn't expecting everyone to read the whole 7 books to know Roland :D some of them are monsters of books, but just so worth it.

Advertisement