Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Twisted Tag Tournament

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Lack of internet is killing me.

People are not giving Fisher his dues. He is a bad ass mofo.

Essentially I think this comes down to a battle of patience between PunGun hidden in cover and Fisher hidden somewhere. Ripley doesn't really come into it.

Honestly I can't decide so I flipped a coin. PunGun win.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,808 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

My head is a bit fuzzy this evening. Final intermission will be posted tomorrow, with the semifinal rounds starting Monday. 48 hours for the semi-final matches.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,808 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

FINAL INTERMISSION

SQUIRREL GIRL
    squirrel-girl-swing.thumbnail.jpg&sa=X&ei=ZfeUTfT_EoKugQeem5TSCA&ved=0CAQQ8wc4FQ&usg=AFQjCNHJNOe-HzEGYmffkE9uXbo6FrLWNg

VS

CAPTAIN CYBERWOLF
    wolfman_cov16_keown.jpg&sa=X&ei=pPSUTaqGCIiCgAe_4vTfDw&ved=0CAQQ8wc4Fg&usg=AFQjCNHOkbt8MNB5BhMN2H2O2P7NElrkJA
    (RAZOR-SHARP CLAWS ON HANDS AND FEET. SKILLED HAND TO HAND COMPETITOR, SUPERHUMAN STRENGTH CAPABLE OF LIFTING 1000 POUNDS, ENHANCED SENSES, SUB-DERMAL ARMOR PLATING OVER
    VITAL ORGANS. CYBERNETIC JOINT REPLACEMENTS ON RIGHT SHOULDER AND LEFT KNEE)
    0903px-san-diego-zoo-m.jpg%3F300:300&sa=X&ei=O_uUTYbgI8SK0QHk-L3-Cw&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNFpxFq-M3BADbw0P1sO-CI0IWAYjw

Doreen Green (aka Squirrel Girl) has recieved an anonymous message asking her to meet a concerned individual at the San Diego Zoo. She has been instructed to come alone. Should any squirrels be seen in her company the person she is meeting will not show. Upon arrival she is surprised to be greeted by Cyberwolf.
    "Hello Miss Green. As you can see I survived the trouble you coould not deign to assist me in resolving. I do feel I owe you an apology though for flinging you from the castle ramparts following our last meeting. However, you were the aggressor in that situation. You illegally entered my employer's home with intent to commit bodily harm on him. In essence, you were an evil, evil woman doing that. Now though, I plan to be the villian. You left me to die, now you die!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Squirrel girl defeats Cyberwolf in the most humiliating way possible, then takes him shoe shopping, where he mopes about like a lost puppy through all the different shoe shops. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

cyberwolf defeats squirrel girl without breaking a sweat. squirrel girl has to go to work for cyberwolf for a week while he has a holiday after his victory. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Squirrel Girl wins with ease. But I cannot tell you how it went down as, like most of her big wins, it happened off panel. ;)

It boils down to a squirrel against a wolf. An armoured wolf!

Cyberwolf defeats Squirrel Girl but then he brings her to the noc beers cause he's nice villian at heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Using her Squirrel-agility, Squirrel girl is able to dodge any attack wolf throws at her. She uses her jumping ability to get into the trees around the San Diego zoo, leaving wolf to stalk her while she leads him on a merry chase. Eventually wolf corners her in the orangutan enclosure, but that was Squirrely's plan all along, she uses her agility to take down Wolf who has trouble balancing on the chain-joined wooden platform where the confrontation takes place. Yes, Squirrel Girl shifts the battle to where she can take the advantage and uses her skills to defeat wolf.

Yet again the canon is kept intact - Squirrel Girl/Doom/Cyber Wolf.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Cyberwolf DESTROYS the squirrel.

she is beneath his notice, as she is Doctor Dooms.

Time has expired and we have a tie. Therefore according to Rule 5 of the tournament
    5. Six votes for victory. Should time expire before a team reaches six votes the team ahead wins. Ties will be decided by random draw from among those participants who have voted on the bout. They will be given 12 hours to confirm their vote.
    hondasam holds the tie-breaker vote. Over to you sam, change your vote or stay the same.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I will stick with my original choice and declare Cyberwolf the winner !

Congrats Cyberwolf and commiserations to Squirrel girl :)

The wolf leaves the San Diego Zoo with a new exhibit for it's collection.
    I now be 4-0 in tournament appearances. Now on with the semifinals.
    BATTLE 1

SHANG-CHI & TASKMASTER
    1134515-shang_chi_super.jpg&sa=X&ei=CACZTdeMKcSK0QHk-L3-Cw&ved=0CAQQ8wc4Lw&usg=AFQjCNE46sZS33xQ7L8nCfA3Jk3n779lpg
    taskmaster.jpg&sa=X&ei=uv-YTevmL8ny0gGx65HnDw&ved=0CAQQ8wc4GA&usg=AFQjCNH6j02TeWEGsAEr4opEha8315l6Lg

VS.

RAMBO & JUDGE DREDD
    (141108102423)28rambo.jpg&sa=X&ei=sAGZTcKTDoq_0QHiv4j-Cw&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNGMnUyzG9dPwpg-E78P_LHScznEmgjudge-dredd.jpg&sa=X&ei=_wGZTbm3CsTh0gHf5q3lCw&ved=0CAQQ8wc4Kg&usg=AFQjCNEvkqQLbc9xD5_8SSc9MZrUIZtnmQ

John Rambo has been recruited to help a strange fellow from the future return to his own time. They have traveled to Philly in the hopes of using a famous experiment's results to send Mr. Dredd home. Unbeknownst to them however they are being pursued by two individuals who wish to acquire Dredd's equipments for their own reasons. Taskmaster is hoping for some new technology to add to his arsenal while Shang-Chi is freelancing for the British intelligence community who wsih to acquire the equipment themselves.
    Notes:
    1. Rambo is carrying an Uzi with two sapre 32 round magazines and a Browning Hi-Power pistol with one spare mag. He is also carrying his knife
    2. Dredd has a Lawgiver pistol loaded with armor piercing rounds, and an automatic shotgun loaded with flechette rounds. He is wearing his standard street Judge uniform.
    3. Taskmaster is carrying his bow, sword, and a .45 with spare magazines

Ooh this is a toughie.

I really really really want to put up I Am The Law again.

But if we are to take all four of those guys in peak condition and with the weapons Wolfie stipulated, then I am struggling to see anything other than a Taskmaster/Shang Chi win.

Tasky has all the experience, thanks to his ability to mimic perfectly, with pretty much every type of firearm be it past, present, and future. He is also an expert on pretty much every fighting style, and pretty much every non firearm weapon he has seen used either irl or through footage.

Through in the fact that he has taken the best skills that Captain America, Bullseye, Wolverine, Shang Chi, Black Panther, Punisher, various X-Men, Avernger, Fantastic Four, Heroes For Hire, and literally dozens of other highly skilled Marvel characters are capable of, and it is hard to see him lose this, especially with a fighter like Shang Chi alongside him.

Rambo does not come close to Takmaster or Shang Chi, regardless of how tough and highly trained Rambo is.

I think Tasky would observe Rambo and quickly realise that Rambo has nothing that the Punisher does not have, meaning Tasky is able to take him.

Dredd is on a level above Rambo, hell he makes Rambo look like a newborn in terms of toughness alone. Dredd has fought everything from human foes to supernatural foes and won.

I think it all boils down to something that Wolverine said whilst being in a power dampening prison along with Beast and hundreds of supervillains. Basically that when powers are taken out of the equation, it is the man with the best skills that rule the roost.

Tasky is regarded as one of the best on the entire Marvel Universe when it comes to armed or unarmed combat and generally cannot be defeated by anyone without superpowers.

He has very few defeats to his name, and fewer still from those without powers. Moonknight is probably the only non superpowered Marvel character to beat him soundly, simply because the Marc Spector persona is pretty masochistic in style at times, and can adapt his style to being one that wants to take pain rather than win.

Dredd and Rambo are tough guys with super training who can take pain, but neither have the mindset to attack without wanting to win.

With much regret I am going to have to go against Joe Dredd, and give the win to the team that contains the guy who is very close to being the best non powered combatant in the Marvel Universe.

See you on the streets Joe.

Tasky and Chi for the win.

But I am still getting a bit of Anthrax in.:p

The shotgun and the Uzi would give Dredd and Rambo a way of filling an area with projectiles that would make it incredibly difficult for either of thier opponents to deal.

However Shang Chi and Taskmaster is one hell of a formidable team and I assume that they wouldn't put themselves in a position to be double teamed. As such one of them will probably be wounded/killed but that just gives the other an opportunity for ass-kickery.

TaskChi wins.

• Moderators Posts: 51,738 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

I'm going with TaskChi. They're the superior fighters at close range.

Tasky also would be quite adept with the weaponary that he's carrying. So Tasky takes out the weapons of the other team from distance, then a hand to hand fight between the two teams.

TaskChi win.

If you can read this, you're too close!

Task-Chi take it. Moving right along.......

BATTLE 2

RONIN & TWO-GUN KID
    TheListAvengersHeroVariant.jpg&sa=X&ei=PZibTdH3F8q30QHg8cnmAg&ved=0CAYQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNFISbPIS_uKRreiCzdG3N9Ah9nQogTwoGunKid.jpg&sa=X&ei=1ZibTZbDL6-E0QHv_63mAg&ved=0CAYQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNGtheoj_dapFkDhR9qKeenLBRoiNw

VS.

RED HOOD & PUNISHER
    batman_redhood.jpg&sa=X&ei=yJmbTZvxJqHe0gH66OHmAg&ved=0CAYQ8wc4Lw&usg=AFQjCNHhs_mo40WLbFh2Yqfse5CBJw45YQ
    thepunisher.jpg&sa=X&ei=xZ6bTdDDE4mw0QHa0rHmAg&ved=0CAcQ8wc4Ig&usg=AFQjCNF3nc6lmw63PwBjiDXvDHpU2PTeMQ

coletti-john-nighttime-boston-massachusetts.jpg&sa=X&ei=Ip-bTY-VO8-20QHBkbXjAg&ved=0CAUQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNHiE-EJMeRnhhkR4obzjLiA9WaEYw

Frank Castle has been forced out of NYC by the actions of a new heroic duo intent on stopping him. While on the run he has found himself in a partnership with someone who shares his approach to dealing with the criminal element. Choosing to base themselves temporarily in Boston they soon discover Castle's pursuers have followed them there and are not in the mood to take prisoners.
    Notes:
    1. Punisher is carrying a Colt Python with two speedloaders, Ka-Bar knife, and two fragmentation grenades
    2. Red Hood is carrying his kris knife, modified batarangs, and a katana
    3. Ronin(Clint Barton) is using melee weapons for this match, and has shuriken as well
    4. Two Gun is carrying his twin Colts with multiple spare rounds, lariat, and a cut-down double barreled shotgun with 10 rounds of buckshot.

How many fights has Two Gun popped up in now? :D

Very easy fight this time in terms of picking the winners.

Red Hood would take out the Clint Barton version of Ronin easily enough. It really would take the Echo (Maya Lopez) version to trouble the Red Hood.

Punisher against Two Gun is a crazy mismatch.

Red Punisher for a very very easy win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Red Punisher to dominate, that's a combo you just can't look past!

punisher breaks Two Guns trigger fingers thus neutralising him as a threat.

Then RedPun take down Ronin together.

RedPun win.

RED-PUNISHMENT WIN AND ADVANCE*

FINAL BATTLE

RED HOOD
    Jason_Todd_Is_Right_by_TopcowImage2dF.jpg&sa=X&ei=RTieTcDkFYHdgQfqutXHDw&ved=0CAUQ8wc4RQ&usg=AFQjCNHET0rbaxaBBgQNcyOkm_vOTqCEhA

VS

TASKMASTER
    Taskmaster.jpg&sa=X&ei=wTieTfnVE8KCgAf1iPHKDw&ved=0CAUQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNGaBqqta1595eU33_EUbVyvfXxFmw

VS

PUNISHER
    punisher_says_smile.png&sa=X&ei=dzmeTdy7Lc-RgQeNybzcDw&ved=0CAYQ8wc4Hg&usg=AFQjCNGiNMsQXAQUlDmElpbus2X9EV2L6w

VS

SHANG-CHI
    440px-Shang_Chi.jpg&sa=X&ei=bjqeTeT5KsORgQfDtcDcDw&ved=0CAYQ8wc49QI&usg=AFQjCNE5BUPXO8NYbw5ky1vz8Yyucl5eVw

california-theme-parks.jpg&sa=X&ei=WzueTYuAN8LVgQf9gLncDw&ved=0CAkQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNE3qQ2livqEWYqZptsu6FwuxOL9-A

The assassin Arcade has been hired by an undisclosed client to remove several individuals who pose a threat to certain plans they have in motion. To reduce the chances of his targets escaping alive Arcade has hired Taskmaster to join the party. While are parties are heavily armed only one will leave the arena alive.
    NOTES:
    1. Murderworld is filled with surprise deathtraps around every corner
    2. Taskmaster has no prior knowledge of the trap's locations. he is carrying his. 45 with five spare mags, shield, sword, lariat, bow with trick arrows
    3. Punisher is carrying an AK-47 with five spare mags, Desert Eagle .44 with three spare mags, four fragmentation grenades, and his trusty Ka-Bar .
    4. Shang-Chi is carrying shuriken, nunchuka, and a wushu-style sword
    5. Red hood is packing his kris knife, Glock 17 with two spare mags, katana, batarangs, and a pair of flashbangs
    6THIS MATCH IS A FATAL FOUR-WAY. ONLY ONE PERSON LEAVES ALIVE

*THANK FCUK TWO-GUN DIDN'T WIN AGAIN!

• Advertisement

RED-PUNISHMENT WIN AND ADVANCE*

FINAL BATTLE

RED HOOD
    Jason_Todd_Is_Right_by_TopcowImage2dF.jpg&sa=X&ei=RTieTcDkFYHdgQfqutXHDw&ved=0CAUQ8wc4RQ&usg=AFQjCNHET0rbaxaBBgQNcyOkm_vOTqCEhA

VS

TASKMASTER
    Taskmaster.jpg&sa=X&ei=wTieTfnVE8KCgAf1iPHKDw&ved=0CAUQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNGaBqqta1595eU33_EUbVyvfXxFmw

VS

PUNISHER
    punisher_says_smile.png&sa=X&ei=dzmeTdy7Lc-RgQeNybzcDw&ved=0CAYQ8wc4Hg&usg=AFQjCNGiNMsQXAQUlDmElpbus2X9EV2L6w

VS

SHANG-CHI
    440px-Shang_Chi.jpg&sa=X&ei=bjqeTeT5KsORgQfDtcDcDw&ved=0CAYQ8wc49QI&usg=AFQjCNE5BUPXO8NYbw5ky1vz8Yyucl5eVw

california-theme-parks.jpg&sa=X&ei=WzueTYuAN8LVgQf9gLncDw&ved=0CAkQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNE3qQ2livqEWYqZptsu6FwuxOL9-A

The assassin Arcade has been hired by an undisclosed client to remove several individuals who pose a threat to certain plans they have in motion. To reduce the chances of his targets escaping alive Arcade has hired Taskmaster to join the party. While are parties are heavily armed only one will leave the arena alive.
    NOTES:
    1. Murderworld is filled with surprise deathtraps around every corner
    2. Taskmaster has no prior knowledge of the trap's locations. he is carrying his. 45 with five spare mags, shield, sword, lariat, bow with trick arrows
    3. Punisher is carrying an AK-47 with five spare mags, Desert Eagle .44 with three spare mags, four fragmentation grenades, and his trusty Ka-Bar .
    4. Shang-Chi is carrying shuriken, nunchuka, and a wushu-style sword
    5. Red hood is packing his kris knife, Glock 17 with two spare mags, katana, batarangs, and a pair of flashbangs
    6THIS MATCH IS A FATAL FOUR-WAY. ONLY ONE PERSON LEAVES ALIVE

*THANK FCUK TWO-GUN DIDN'T WIN AGAIN!

Have to go with Taskmaster winning this one. He is already one of the best non superpowered fighters on the planet. He already has beaten both the Punisher and Shang Chi in the past, with Shang Chi being beaten handily by Tasky a number of times. He has already beaten or at the very least matched foes that would be Batman level or above in the Marvel Universe, and whilst he does not know where Arcade's traps are, he does have one big advantage.

He has been to Arcade's Murderworld more than once in the past and will have an idea what to expect.

Red Hood may be thrown off slightly in Murderworld as he may think that there is a Joker link to the place and his mindset may switch to being prepared for the Joker or traps in the style of which the Joker would set.

Shang Chi's stealth approach may work against him as Murderworld has always, right back to the very first one in the late 1970's, been set up to counter the abilities of who gets put in it. Stealth abilities have rarely fared well in it.

Punisher has firepower with him, but Murderworld is not somewhere you can just blow the walls down and walk out. Hercules, Colossus, Cyclops, Storm, Spiderman, Doctor Doom, Nighcrawler, Wolverine, The Thing, and Iron Man are just a small number of super powered beings whose powers were tested to their limits inside Murderworld.

Also Murderworld has a very low rate of non super powered survivors.

We have four humans, with one capable of matching the very best the other three are capable of as well as still having all the other skills and abilities that he synced in the past. Also Tasky is generally at his best against highly trained, highly skilled fighters so Red Hood is in a world of hurt against him.

Nope I defo cannot see beyond Tasky in this. In a human versus human fight there are very few on the planet that can beat him.

Taskmaster to be top dog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Punisher has booby trapped the high hell out of the location.

Frank wins. :pac:

Right, I'm going with Punisher, as his strategy and fighting abilities will make full use of Murderwordl.

I could actually him saying, "Murderworld? Sounds like home." :P:D

Tasky is a truly gifted fighter, however his strategy abilities are severely lacking. I'm going to say Punisher will use this against. Possibly allow him to take out the other two and step in to kill Tasky.

I'm voting for Punisher to take the title.

Right, I missed the part where Task is put in there by Arcade. That makes a world of difference to me.

Going to have to change my vote and give it to Taskmaster.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Hope I'm not butting in :o But... Kess kinda spelt it out ;)

This is the one place Frank's tactical control skills aren't going to be much use. Plenty of traps, but none of them his :p Whereas Taskie will just take things (relatively) slow and steady - a stroll in the park, if you will :D

In Murderworld's kill-or-be-killed environment I don't see anyone teaming up temporarily to offer TM a serious combined threat of being overwhelmed. Unless Red got incredibly lucky I see only Frank as the only truly credible individual threat to Task and there's an unfortunate track record to contend with there... and Taskie on the defensive can handle both Frank and Murderworld together. Frank... might be just that little bit overeager to try and settle past scores with him... only a tiny fraction, but in Murderworld, that could be enough.

There's a reason Arcade sent him ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Must say I have to side with Taskmaster on this. I was originally thinking "Yes, The Punisher will have a tactical edge" but then I completely forgot where the fight was happening.

Arcade won't allow The Punisher to sit and wait, and none of his strategies can be relied upon because the game always changes in Murderworld.

Taskmaster has so many skills goin' on, he's like skill city... reckon he'll become ze vinner for sures.

The non-Taskmaster entrants would have a hard enough time with Murderworld alone. With a fresh and paid-up Taskmaster hunting them, they don't stand a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I'm gonna go with the Punisher. That bugger loves traps, especially when they're set for him. Plus I reckon he's the most macchielevian of the lot - a master of playing his opponents off against each other.

The votes have been tallied and verified by independent auditor weasels. The victor of The Twisted Tag Tournament is:

TASKMASTER
    148109-131623-taskmaster_super.jpg&sa=X&ei=YIqjTe7uJcLLgQf_rc25CA&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNGie6JGuo127mSgaY38zEyXt3timg

Following his escape from Murderworld Taskmaster has just one last thing to do. Finding Arcade in his command center he shoots him in the head.
    "Nothing personal, you just pissed off way too many people over the years pal."

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

I was hoping he'd do that as his celebratory barrel-roll :D

Although it was probably a body double. Or hapless clone. Or a disguised automaton. Or whatever.

• Advertisement

True, but it still a fitting end to the story.

Advertisement