Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the eMobile thread, on Boards to answer your queries

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Is there any update for when the Note 4 will be getting Lollipop? It is ridiculous that a flagship handset has been waiting this long for it. 
    Hi there Caovyn Lineah

This software has slipped and will not be in test until the last week in April. All going will it will be available to customers in the first full week in May.

-Al

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭monster1

Hi I sent a PM anout 2 days ago to you Alan. could you have a look when you get the chance? Its about the xperia z1. It has become unuasable, the touch screen has a mind of its own. upgraded to lolipop last night and thought it might fix it but it hasn't.

monster1 wrote: »
    Hi I sent a PM anout 2 days ago to you Alan. could you have a look when you get the chance? Its about the xperia z1. It has become unuasable, the touch screen has a mind of its own. upgraded to lolipop last night and thought it might fix it but it hasn't.
    Hi there monster1

The best to do now is to take your phone to your local store.  They will have a look at this and see if this needs to be sent away.  If your phone is still under warranty & not physically damaged, there will be no charge to fix the phone

-Al

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

current unlimited mobile plan with emobile, going the uk in june,can i use my maps app,i.e sat nav on phone  over there without extra charges? 

or will the charges be massive?

current unlimited mobile plan with emobile, going the uk in june,can i use my maps app,i.e sat nav on phone  over there without extra charges? 

or will the charges be massive?
    Hi there marklazarcovic

Thank you so much for getting in touch.  If you log onto the web, there will be a charge but you're more than welcome to have a look at this link...

http://bit.ly/1eHJbh1

This will be for google maps offline.

-Al

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MorganIRL

Hi I applied to unlock my iphone from emobile and I received the email, explaining how to do it. When I follow the instructions in the email the iphone still doesnt unlock. Can you help

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Moyglish

Hi guys,

Currently on the Select Unlimited Friends and Family tariff of €34.50 pm and shortly due an upgrade, could you please tell me how much both the Sony Xperia Z1 and Z2 would be to upgrade handset and start another 18 month contract?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭leche solara

Hi

Would a phone with the following frequencies work on the eMobile network:

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]2G Network:
    [/font]
    • checkbox_ticked.gif 850MHZ
    • checkbox_ticked.gif 900MHZ
    • checkbox_ticked.gif 1800MHZ
    • checkbox_ticked.gif 1900MHZ
    [*]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]3G Network:
    [/font]
    • checkbox_ticked.gif 1700MHZ
    • checkbox_ticked.gif 2100MHZ
    [*]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]4G Network:
    [/font]
    • checkbox_ticked.gif 700MHZ
    • checkbox_ticked.gif 2600MHZ

MorganIRL wrote: »
    Hi I applied to unlock my iphone from emobile and I received the email, explaining how to do it. When I follow the instructions in the email the iphone still doesnt unlock. Can you help
    Hi there MorganIRL

Can you please tell me exactly how you went about unlocking the iPhone please?

-Al

Moyglish wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Currently on the Select Unlimited Friends and Family tariff of €34.50 pm and shortly due an upgrade,  could you please tell me how much both the Sony Xperia Z1 and Z2 would be to upgrade handset and start another 18 month contract?

Thanks!
    Hi there Moyglish

Thanks for getting in touch.

Unfortunately we won't have the prices for this due to the special off you have on your account.  Prices are subject to change and it also depends on the promotions and plans.

Give the Upgrade Team a call on 1800303454 where they will advise you of this.

-Al

• Advertisement

Hi

Would a phone with the following frequencies work on the eMobile network:

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]2G Network:
    [/font]

[*]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]3G Network:
    [/font]
    • checkbox_ticked.gif 1700MHZ

[*]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]4G Network:
    [/font]
    • checkbox_ticked.gif 700MHZ
    • checkbox_ticked.gif 2600MHZ

[*]
    Hi there

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]2G Network:[/font]
    checkbox_ticked.gif 900MHZ[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]

3G Network:
    [/font]

checkbox_ticked.gif 2100MHZ

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]4G Network:[/font]
    checkbox_ticked.gif 1800MHZ

-Al

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭triple nipple

Hi, is Emobile an Mvno ? or simply just Meteor but at a subsidised rate for Eircom customers ? am thinking of switching from Three.

Hi, is Emobile an Mvno ? or simply just Meteor but at a subsidised rate for Eircom customers ? am thinking of switching from Three.
    Hi there triple nipple

Thank you so much for getting in touch.

Eircom are doing deals for bundled or business accounts.  You're more than welcome to contact them on
    1901 or 1800299799

They will have all the offers and promotions there

-Al

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MorganIRL

MorganIRL wrote: »
    Hi there MorganIRL

Can you please tell me exactly how you went about unlocking the iPhone please?

-Al
    hi Alan

I rang up customer service to get unlock code, they sent out an email detailing what I was to do after 10 days, it was only last wk that I got around to getting another providers sim, but when i put it in, after following the procedures, it seems that itunes  hasnt seen that the unlock key is available (number 4 on email).

thats where i am now

Morgan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭s15r330

Hi there s15r330

I'd be more than happy to do that for you from here.  PM me your number & pin and I'll deactivate this.

If this is a business account, I won't be able to access this from here.

-Al

Still getting voicemails! I've pm'd the details requested.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Hey there, quick question.

Just signed up for a new phone, new number and all the stuff from emobile. The phone i wanted was best value (mostly the only place i could get it too), as was the plan, on emobile so I completed the online sign up and all went well.

Then i realised i made a mistake. I chose a price plan with no data allowance. I found on emobile website that i can simply text a request for a 1gb allowance to be added to my bill. Can i do this straight away as a new customer or will there be some "probation period". I use the phone mostly at home and can use the home wi-fi for the time being, but for out and about i'd like some sort of data allowance.

I've no number or customer details yet so i cannot give specifics, but as it's just a general question i was hoping you might be able to answer.

Thanks. 
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Hi,

I am an emobile Billpay customer with a Sony Xperia Z1.  How do I unlock this phone to give it to someone else to use on a different network.  I will be transferring my sim card to a different handset.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

I was /am an e mobile customer. My phone stormed working on April 15 th. Was told that " I fell off the grid". Was promised it would be fixed in 24 hrs,then 48 . I was promised 2 call backs and am still waiting and then yesterday I receive a bill for €48. Customer care and services leave a lot to be desired
    Odyssey

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Is eMobile text service down today? Cannot answer any texts. Getting "Sending failed" message. Have tried on several different phones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Lets quit the nonsense, eh?

• Advertisement

Dav wrote: »
    Lets quit the nonsense, eh?
    Hi Dav,

I'm not sure what nonsense you are referring to.  I posted on this thread last Wednesday asking what I believe to be a straightforward question about unlocking a phone.  When I hadn't received a response by Saturday I posted again asking how the response time is measured, as well in excess of the quoted 9 hours had elapsed since I posted my query.  I also remarked that nobody from eircom had posted in this thread since Friday 8th. May.  There then followed a few posts commenting on the quality of the service here.  These posts, along with my Saturday post have since been removed.  

If Boards management (not Moderators) is going to arbitrarily delete posts that are critical of its "Talk to..." customers a time will come when these forums will die away, as regular members of the Boards community will stop posting when they see their posts being deleted as "nonsense"

Incidentally, there have still been no responses from eircom to the 6 queries posted here in the past week, and the response time is still showing as 9 hours.  I fully accept that the eircom representatives named in the panel on the right probably have other work apart from responding here, but if they are all on leave, or whatever, surely something could be posted here to reflect this, rather than leaving posters here frustrated.  I would also really love to know how the 9 hours response time is calculated.

Thanks for your time

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

I couldn't agree more. I'm still waiting on a call back from e.mobile and a response to my above post. Either E mobile have a presence here or they haven't..
    Odyssey.

s15r330 wrote: »
    Hi there s15r330

I'd be more than happy to do that for you from here.  PM me your number & pin and I'll deactivate this.

If this is a business account, I won't be able to access this from here.

-Al

Still getting voicemails! I've pm'd the details requested.
    Hi s15r330

We're unable to see your PM.  Do you mind sending the information again so we can follow up on this please?

-Al

Cass wrote: »
    Hey there, quick question.

Just signed up for a new phone, new number and all the stuff from emobile. The phone i wanted was best value (mostly the only place i could get it too), as was the plan, on emobile so I completed the online sign up and all went well.

Then i realised i made a mistake. I chose a price plan with no data allowance. I found on emobile website that i can simply text a request for a 1gb allowance to be added to my bill. Can i do this straight away as a new customer or will there be some "probation period". I use the phone mostly at home and can use the home wi-fi for the time being, but for out and about i'd like some sort of data allowance.

I've no number or customer details yet so i cannot give specifics, but as it's just a general question i was hoping you might be able to answer.

Thanks. 
    Hi there Cass

In order to add this data, your plan needs to be active.  Once this is active, you can add this.  If the plan is not fully suited, you can also ring Customer Care to do a price plan change for you

-Al

Hi,

I am an emobile Billpay customer with a Sony Xperia Z1.  How do I unlock this phone to give it to someone else to use on a different network.  I will be transferring my sim card to a different handset.

Thanks
    Hi there leche solara

All you need to do is call Customer Care at

They will process this request for you

-Al

I was /am an e mobile customer. My phone stormed working on April 15 th. Was told that " I fell off the grid". Was promised it would be fixed in 24 hrs,then 48 . I was promised 2 call backs and am still waiting and then yesterday I receive a bill for €48. Customer care and services leave a lot to be desired
    Odyssey
    Hi there Odyssey 2005

Can you please clarify if you are or are not an eMobile customer?  Did you hand the phone in for repairs?

-Al

Is eMobile text service down today? Cannot answer any texts. Getting "Sending failed" message. Have tried on several different phones.
    Hi there Kristopherus

Have your service restored?  Are you still using an old sim card in your phone?

-Al

Hi,

Thanks
    Hi there leche solara

All you need to do is call Customer Care at

They will process this request for you

-Al
    Thanks Alan.  I've got that sorted now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Hi Alan,

I'm on prepay and signed up to the Thirty 20 offer.

I got a text on the 12th to day that 'your offer has expired.'

I topped u by €20 at an ATM on the 14th and got two texts after, one to say 'thank you for topping up by 20.00' and then one to say that 'your top up offer has now been activated on your account.'

Today I discover I have €0.08 credit, despite hardly having used the phone since then at all, just sent texts and checked voicemail a few times?

Is it possible to find out phone activity to see how the credit is used up, or have I mucked up the Thirty 20 offer?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Hi there Kristopherus

Have your service restored?  Are you still using an old sim card in your phone?

-Al
    Hi, Alan. Yes , problem solved. It was an issue with the sim card. CS sent me another sim and all is hunky dorey again.

Advertisement