Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the eMobile thread, on Boards to answer your queries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭GTE

Hello,

Do you have a copy of the policy which would mean that a person which the account holder has nominated to administrate their account can not port numbers to their eMobile account?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,457 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Can anyone else who's having the speed issue please let me know? I have been fobbed off multiple times and I am building a case for ComReg in relation to service commitment and inaccurate advertising of coverage maps (in relation to speeds).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

antodeco wrote: »
    Can anyone else who's having the speed issue please let me know? I have been fobbed off multiple times and I am building a case for ComReg in relation to service commitment and inaccurate advertising of coverage maps (in relation to speeds).
    i have the same issue, cant get higher than 0.5mbps, does not matter where i am, what mast im connected to or time of day. my upload is like 1 or 2mbps oddly enough. used to get 4-8mbps in these areas a few months back.

ongoing months now, fobbed off on the emobile community forum.

im on the 34.50 select unlimited plan since it was introduced, using a htc one m7

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭wilser

Hi
    Was just wondering if you have are planning on stocking the Nokia Lumia 830?
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

wilser wrote: »
    Hi
    Was just wondering if you have are planning on stocking the Nokia Lumia 830?
    Thanks

Hi wilser,

I've checked this out and we won't be ranging this handset I'm afraid.

Thanks,

Alan

• Advertisement

bbk wrote: »
    Hello,

Do you have a copy of the policy which would mean that a person which the account holder has nominated to administrate their account can not port numbers to their eMobile account?

Thanks

Hi bbk,

Only the account holder/holders should have access to port a number from the network. A named third party on the account can however query information in regards to the account such as billing.

Thanks,

Alan

Anything further on the restricted data speeds that have been queried above?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

What would happen if someone who was an Eircom customer took out a mobile phone contract with EMobile for 18 months (for example) at a discount for being an Eircom customer and then twelve months later decided to switch from Eircom but keep their mobile with EMobile?
    Would they just have to pay the non discounted rate with EMobile for the remaining six months of the contract...?

Guys, just to let you know, the speed issue seems to have resolved itself. Whatever you've done, seems to have fixed it. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭alo1587

Hi, would it be possible to get a paper bill from my emobile account posted out to me as I need one for proof of residence? One from the last 3 months is necessary.Thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Sikpupi

Hello Hello Hello......

just check my bill and AGAIN there are arrears showing.   I have sent AT LEAST 3 x Direct Debits forms into emobile.... how the hell can you keep losing them. 

This time I am NOT paying by laser - this si juts a lazy mans way of dealing with the problem.   I am fed up getting the excuse 'download the DD Form and complete it and send it in for next month bill'.      I can write the address in Clonakilty off by heart now..... 

Can some PLEASE look into my account and TURN ON my DD request...it surely can't be that hard.  

Today is the day that I have just enough.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Sorry, but I just posted an issue and I think its gone into the eircom thread.

Please have a look.

Thanks.

Sikpupi wrote: »
    Hello Hello Hello......

just check my bill and AGAIN there are arrears showing.   I have sent AT LEAST 3 x Direct Debits forms into emobile.... how the hell can you keep losing them. 

This time I am NOT paying by laser - this si juts a lazy mans way of dealing with the problem.   I am fed up getting the excuse 'download the DD Form and complete it and send it in for next month bill'.      I can write the address in Clonakilty off by heart now..... 

Can some PLEASE look into my account and TURN ON my DD request...it surely can't be that hard.  

Anyone at Emobile willing to help on this.....?? 

Hello Hello Hello......

Anyone at Emobile willing to help on this.....?? 
    Nearly 4 days waiting for a reply....still nothing.

How can ye seriously stand over those Response Rates....??

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭savic04

Can anyone help with this.

I got a text from eMobile saying my data is running low, I have 5gb of data.

I never went above much, until I upgraded to iphone 6 few months back, 

I have looked at data usage and there are massive amounts of data chunks being used at all hours of the night, when I am sleeping usually. 

16 Nov 2014
    03:49
    00:00:00
    128719Kb

Mobile Internet
    €0

17 Nov 2014
    424341Kb

Biut its the same time of night last few nights..  

Any ideas, it isnt genuine downloading as Im asleep both times ? 

It is eating up data that it shouldnt be doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭hairycakes

Hi,

My boyfriend recently signed up to emobile on a 24 month contract with the first 6 months at €24 a month I believe unlimited calls, texts and 5GB data. However, each month since he has been getting charged extra for multi media messages. He doesn't send picture messages from his phone other than through snapchat and we are at a loss as to what these charges are for. Could you please give me an idea of what they could be for or have a look at his account.

Thanks,

AnneMarie.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Anyone finding the eMobile service getting worse recently? I seem to be getting a lot of dropped calls recently, in places where I'd normally get a good signal. I was sitting at home today and call dropped again, even though I didn't move. I also seem to be getting quite a few texts to say I missed a call, when it hasn't actually rung.

whiterebel wrote: »
    Anyone finding the eMobile service getting worse recently? I seem to be getting a lot of dropped calls recently, in places where I'd normally get a good signal. I was sitting at home today and call dropped again, even though I didn't move. I also seem to be getting quite a few texts to say I missed a call, when it hasn't actually rung.
    ....definitely. Signal seems to have dropped off I find. Finding that I have to 'step out' if I want to clearly hear the caller. Will have to seriously look at this on contract renewal next Feb.

hairycakes wrote: »
    Hi,

My boyfriend recently signed up to emobile on a 24 month contract with the first 6 months at €24 a month I believe unlimited calls, texts and 5GB data. However, each month since he has been getting charged extra for multi media messages. He doesn't send picture messages from his phone other than through snapchat and we are at a loss as to what these charges are for. Could you please give me an idea of what they could be for or have a look at his account.

Thanks,

AnneMarie.
    Hi AnneMarie,

Does he include emojis in his text messages? If so then this would be the reason he is being charged for MMS messages or he could be exceeding the standard amount of characters for a text message and this then converts it to an MMS.

Thanks,

Alan

whiterebel wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Apologies for the delay in responding to this thread. Are you still experiencing issues with this?

Thanks,

Al

• Advertisement

Hello Hello Hello......

Hi Sikpupi,

Apologies for the delay. Did you manage to get this sorted?

Thanks,

Alan

bbk wrote: »
    Hello,

Thanks
    Hi bbk,

Apologies for the delay. Did you get manage to get this resolved?

Thanks,

Alan

What would happen if someone who was an Eircom customer took out a mobile phone contract with EMobile for 18 months (for example) at a discount for being an Eircom customer and then twelve months later decided to switch from Eircom but keep their mobile with EMobile?
    Would they just have to pay the non discounted rate with EMobile for the remaining six months of the contract...?
    Hi billy few mates,

The eMobile bill would then be the full price for the remaining months of the contract.

Thanks,

Al

alo1587 wrote: »
    Hi, would it be possible to get a paper bill from my emobile account posted out to me as I need one for proof of residence? One from the last 3 months is necessary.Thanks in advance
    Hi alo1587,

If you email customercare@emobile.ie they will assist you with this.

Thanks,

Al

Hello Hello Hello......

Hi Sikpupi,

Thanks,

Alan
    Hi Alan..... I think I did.  Rang in the problem....and was told that he would send it 'back to Finance' to take the DD again.  He could see my DD details on the system.    So... I left it with him.   I will know when I get my next bill if sorted.... if there is no arrears showing.   If not Alan.... I'll be back.   OR.... I could be disconnected.   

savic04 wrote: »
    Can anyone help with this.

I got a text from eMobile saying my data is running low, I have 5gb of data.

I never went above much, until I upgraded to iphone 6 few months back, 

I have looked at data usage and there are massive amounts of data chunks being used at all hours of the night, when I am sleeping usually. 

16 Nov 2014
    128719Kb

Mobile Internet
    €0

17 Nov 2014
    424341Kb

Biut its the same time of night last few nights..  

Any ideas, it isnt genuine downloading as Im asleep both times ? 

It is eating up data that it shouldnt be doing.
    Hi there savic04

Thank you so much for getting in touch.  This sounds like your new iPhone needs to be set up correctly because it might be that it is updating without you knowing about it or it is not logging out of your apps completely. 

Remember once you are on wi-fi, turn your data off completely to ensure that it is not using your mobile data and set if up so that it only updates once you are connected to wi-fi

-Al

Hello Hello Hello......

Hi Sikpupi,

Thanks,

Alan
    Hi Alan..... I think I did.  Rang in the problem....and was told that he would send it 'back to Finance' to take the DD again.  He could see my DD details on the system.    So... I left it with him.   I will know when I get my next bill if sorted.... if there is no arrears showing.   If not Alan.... I'll be back.   OR.... I could be disconnected.   
    Hi there Sikpupi

Thank you so much for your quick response.  Hopefully this is all sorted now but if you need anything else again, just get in touch with me and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

-Al

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Hello,

I've just come off the phone with an Anthony from credit control. And I'm not too impressed. The guy was as polite as he could be for someone who was clearly under pressure, with mutiple calls on hold. But I distinctly got the feeling he cut me off. That's just not on folks.

I had had to ring a credit control representative because, after using the automated system, and giving my details, which it confirmed, the system just dumped me off at the end of the call. No confirmation or message of any kind?

Obviously, wanting to make sure that my bill has been paid and to negate any chance of the DD re-presenting, I had to ring credit control and talk to a representative. I was explaining to Anthony but he got slightly bothered when I said I was only mentioning the glitch to him for his sake; as as it currently stands, I won;t be using the automated service again for a long time now. And so live representatives will get more calls as a result.

Anyway, it seems its ok to be brusque and short with customers when they are paying a bill. Not so much having a go at Anthony, but his managers, for running a department too tight budgetwise. I do hope you will pass this complaint on. I was being hurried off the phone, telling me sure your account is clear. I would hope it is, after giving my credit card details. Its the automated system's inadequate communicatons I was pointing out in particular. That is a message for management, not Anthony. So pass it on please. 

Thank you and Happy Christmas to all of you. Except the management.

Hi there An Ri rua

Thank you so much for getting in touch with us here. 

I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused.  I can assure you this is not the norm because we always strive to provide the best Customer Experience possible.

I really appreciate you bringing this to my attention and will be more than happy to relay this back to that department and their Team Leaders.

If you ever need anything, be sure to get in touch again.

Have a Merry Christmas too.

-Al

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bappelbe

Hi
    A bit like whiterebel above I am getting a lot of texts to say that I have missed a call, even thought I am in reception and have not moved. people who are calling me say it goes straight to my voicemail.

I also notice that it usually takes ages to connect a call that I am making.

Does anyone else experience this?

Advertisement